1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

How much time has passed?

Discussion in '6x10: The Next World' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So there's been contention over how much time has actually passed. Danai said "two months" on The Talking Dead, but Gimple said "a few weeks."

A few hints:
    - Rick said someone had been jacking his toothpaste for the past two weeks.
    - Maggie said: "Everybody's been working for weeks to get this place back together and you just disappear" to Enid, so a few weeks have passed.
    - Maggie still isn't "showing", so it hasn't been THAT long.
    - Carl's bandage is still getting switched out.

So what is the truth? I am still trying to figure it out myself.

CrownRoyale and ThinkingOutLoud like this.
  2. birdnmouse

birdnmouse Guest

CrownRoyale and Doctor Grimes like this.
  3. ThinkingOutLoud

ThinkingOutLoud Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    Add walker Deanna to your list and it really get confusing how much time has passed since walker Deanna looked really well put together for a walker who's been out there for the two months or the six weeks that Danai and Andy mentioned. My guess is we'll never find out the exact time that has passed given how ambiguous TPTB are with timeline. They will probably publish the show's timeline when the series is over (I seriously hope they do this).

4. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, Andy corroborates what Danai and Austin said on The Talking Dead.

This is what gets me. She looked really good for a walker that was nearing two months old. She should've been way more decayed.

Sometimes I think Gimple just plays fast and loose with time to make things more fluid and flexible, but it becomes headache inducing.

Delightfully Thomi likes this.
  5. birdnmouse

birdnmouse Guest

In one of Gimple's post-ep interviews, he said "weeks and weeks." I can't remember which one, but I think it further supports the 6-8 week jump.

I get him not wanting us to get hung up on time. What is time in the ZA anyway, you know? But I think most of the audience dissatisfaction with plot and character development (or lack there of) stems from not understanding the timing.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  6. Lennykae

Lennykae Scott Gimple is the Janet Evanovich of TV.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I kind of gave walker Deanna a pass since they wanted a poignant moment of Spencer putting down his mom. It wouldn't have had the same effect if she wasn't recognizable, IMO.

I think 6 weeks to two months sounds right for a Carl that's up and walking...but obviously "different."

7. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    The fact that Carl still needs bandages changed leads me to believe it was only 2-3 weeks. After 2 months, I'd think it would be healed. Also, Judith would probably be crawling at least. Michonne mentioned she was trying in her sleep.

Gimple just needs to stop being ambiguous about that and say for sure. It's not that big of a deal.