1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

If Rick and Michonne had babies, what do you think they would look like?

Discussion in 'Fluff 'n Stuff' started by Riko813, Sep 5, 2016.

1. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah I agree, I think people just come in all different skin tones even if their race is the same. I mean look at JDM next to Andrew Lincoln, they are both white but JDM has olive darker skin tone while Andy is very fair.

Rhona and C-Ben like this.
  2. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I know that babies aren't born with dreads lol...when I posted my initial post, I just meant that I don't see TWD giving the Richonne baby dreads no matter what skin tone the baby was. I think a Richonne baby would have curly hair like Rick because he's the main character of the show.

3. C-Ben

C-Ben Slopping Pigs
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    People who are mixed race can have hair that comes in all textures and all curl types. I've seen it. It can range from tight curls to loose curls to frizzy to fine and to coarse. "Biracial hair" is a myth. I have seen biracial children with 4c hair and I have seen non-biracial Black people with looser curl pattern. There are Black people with hair textures like Barack Obama. That's the funny thing about genetics. It's unpredictable and it varies :)

4. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    The region of Africa where most African-Americans have ancestors are dark-skinned. So most light skin tones most likely comes from European ancestry.

zombie_ronin likes this.
  5. C-Ben

C-Ben Slopping Pigs
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I know they're not. I was just saying that biracial people can dread their hair. Not that they are born with dread locks lol

6. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    LMAO! I kinda figured.

I personally don't like dreds on children because they can get really heavy and can cause neck and even back issues.

Sugaree and box5angel like this.
  7. Denie39

Walker Pets:
    i agree, also it seems like a decision that the person themselves should make.

8. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I completely agree with you. I know that there are different types of people and I think that's the cool thing about genetics is that you never know what you're going to get......I am just saying that the topic at hand is what will the Richonne baby look like meaning to me, what child will TWD hire to play their child not the topic of biracial people in general which is I think the direction the thread is headed in. All I'm saying is I think they will hire a child with a similar hair style to Rick. I am just thinking about the Richonne baby individually not biracial as whole if that makes sense? I never like posting about race because I don't want anything to get misconstrued as things on the internet can often be. I am just talking about a Richonne child only lol.

Katbird, Angelina and C-Ben like this.
  9. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    This'll work for me

[​IMG]

10. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    When I write fan fic I always have the girl w/ really curly curls as a homage to Rick, w/ his blue eyes, but I always have her w/ Afrocentric features because I just always assumed Michonne would have the dominant genes LOL. Head canon is Rick's eye color dominates (hence my belief that Judith isn't his figuring her eyes are brown) but not gonna lie, what future baby Richonne looks like actually does matter to me. If they go the route of a Richonne baby I would be beyond excited.

11. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    LOL, I figured out what you guys meant, it was just the way it read had me laughing. Also any hair type can be dreded, although as I've said, I'm not a big fan. OT I'm a little loopy today, all this talk of dreads made me think of my Rastafarian cousins, then I started thinking about the Game of Thrones Red nose special with Emily Clarkes rendition of Rastafarian Targarens and I had to go watch the clip again to have a laugh, anyway, sorry for the OT.

Katbird, C-Ben and Denie39 like this.
  12. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    An interesting subject...so simple, a sweet baby for Rick and Michonne, yet so complicated, race in America. I will play it safe and say I do think our beloveds will have a baby, it is in keeping with the way the story is going, so, I can see there being a plan for a Michonne/Rick baby. Their little one will be just a beautiful as her mommy, it has to be a girl, lol. And will have features from both of them. Maybe, pretty blue eyes with creamy brown skin or pale beige-y skin with deep brown eyes. Either way, I look forward to what it will mean to our beloveds and to the story.

#32 Katbird, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  13. Riko813

Riko813 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Baby Richonne could look like this. He or She could have dark skin like Michonne and blue eyes like Rick.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I've got plenty of dudes in my family that look just like Obama and many that are lighter...we are all black. There really is no such thing as 100% AA anyway....we are a mixture so there isn't a definitive look for us. African Americans or black Americans come in every shade from the whitest to the blackest with every curl pattern and hair texture you can think of.

15. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    A brown chubby baby with 4a hair and brown eyes.

16. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Lol Ok and I've said this, Black people come in all shades... White people come in all shades. I commented on a Richonne baby thread because I really want them to have one and that's the only reason. Lol I have no idea how the conversation turned to President Obama and the entire thread is kind of getting away from the OP. It started as a Richonne baby discussion and turned into a race conversation. All of my posts were directed in my mind to what child actor AMC would hire to play the Richonne child as I think it would look more like Rick ONLY because he's the lead character of the show, not what biracial people look like in general. I know every race has different shades of people and I think its wonderful and beautiful that there is so much variations of people in the world.

DavieVC, Caribbeanqueen11 and Katbird like this.
  17. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I really should have just given Docs answer and said its impossible to guess....that way I wouldn't have had to post the same explanation 5 times Lol :laugh:

My last post, I hope there is a Richonne baby, idc what he or she looks like, I just really want them to have one. :richonne:

18. Denie39

Walker Pets:
    It's kind of hard not to have race come up in this discussion, lol. And it's totally ok.

19. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

You stated that a biracial child wouldn't have a certain kind of hair or would look a certain way which isn't really something anyone can say and there are a million examples of why that's not the case. Obama is one of those examples.

zombie_ronin, Denie39 and Katbird like this.
  20. Riko813

Riko813 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    hmmm lets get back to cute pictures of babies and head canons of what Richonne babies would look like. The Political discussion is fascinating and important but so is just enjoying cute pics and descriptions of babies. so here are some more cute pics--
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]