1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Is Daryl to blame for Glenn's death?

Discussion in '7x01: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 24, 2016.

?

Do you blame Daryl for Glenn's death?

1. Yes.

126 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. No.

8 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Somewhat. (Yes and No.)

27 vote(s)
    16.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Do you think it's Daryl's fault that Glenn died?

2. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    The fact that Negan did warned everyone not to freaking move and yet Daryl still went for it makes me mad. What angers me even more is the fact that some fans applaud his stupidity while calling Rick a pussy

3. Andrick

Andrick Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I think so. That makes me :hot::dragon: :salt:.

4. Cherish

Cherish Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Yes. He just witness the psycho kill Abe and he thought it was a good idea to test him? Fucking idiot.

5. I'mStillWithYou

I'mStillWithYou Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My answer is yes. But for Daryl jumping up and hitting Negan, I truly feel that Glenn would still be alive. Glenn tried to go over to Maggie in 6.16 and everyone was warned that the first one's free along with anyone else move and they would harm Carl. There was plenty of forewarning that Negan was not playing and was serious as hell, hence him killing Abe. Daryl jumping up and hitting Negan is the direct cause for him killing Glenn. I don't understand why he didn't just kill the one who jumped up (Daryl) other than perhaps showing that one person's actions can cause someone else to get killed so everyone must cooperate. I'm glad JDM voiced what many fan girls and "if Daryl dies, we riot" folks are too entranced to see. It's completely Daryl's fault that Glenn was killed.

6. Sasha Dixon

Sasha Dixon Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I hate to say it but yes. Daryl acts without thinking. He did it when he decided to go take on the Saviors all by himself thus getting himself and the other three captured and he did it when he jumped up and hit Negan. He had to learn in the worst way that Negan is a man of his word.

That has to cause a rift between him and Maggie.

7. Harshmallow

Harshmallow Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't know what I'm supposed to say. He's not a fucking kid. He's a grown ass old man. They were told by Negan moving would have consequences for someone else (Carl out of all of them) and he didn't give two shits. Yes. It's his fault.

8. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Carl -- a young, impetuous teenager -- could keep his ass in the fucking line, but Daryl -- a "grown man" -- couldn't?

If Daryl hadn't done what he did, Glenn would still be alive. Negan is the one who killed Glenn, and I don't want that fact lost here, but Daryl was certainly the catalyst.

So, I voted "Yes."

9. LivingAsMe

LivingAsMe ~Rejecting Negativity, Embracing Positivity~
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm coming back in here later on

MamaGrimes likes this.
  10. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    For me he is.
    Negan told them not to move. They just saw what he did to Abraham so I have no idea why Daryl thought hitting him was a good idea.

Michele, Empress, coffeebean and 2 others like this.
  11. Harshmallow

Harshmallow Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree, but at the end of the day (and this comes from a non Negan fan), Negan is still punishing them for killing a whole lot of his men, and he could've killed them all and it would've made sense, but he only chose one, leaving them with a warning not to do what Daryl did or it would have bigger consequences....I don't know if I'm explaining myself....I feel so empty right now....

Flower1petals likes this.
  12. cadence_T

cadence_T Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    It's definitely his fault. Too bad he probably won't be blamed in show except maybe he'll do it to himself and then a member of TF will comfort him which is going to make me :puke: especially if it's :mag: doing it.

13. nat_richonne

nat_richonne The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    In the back pocket of Michonne's tight jeans.
    Yes but unfortunately his stupidity didn't get him killed. I'm a lot angry about this.

14. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    My instinct is no because Glenn was already on Negan's radar after running to protect Maggie last season.

But I can see people saying yes. I just personally think Glenn was gone anyway because he was first to move out of line.

EDIT: I think many are missing that Daryl flew forward because Negan was basically using Lucille as a proxy for his dick, right in Rosita's face. His entire "thing" with Lucille ie a sick fetish thing. So not only was he going to murder one of their people, but he was going to taunt Abe's lover with it too. A lot of messed up connotations there and Daryl is known to go postal when women are mistreated like that. I wasn't surprised to see him jump up during that sick, sick interaction between Negan and Rosita.

15. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    He had already eyed Glenn has a potential victim after his outburst at the end of 6.16. Since he was the freebie, Negan had to kill him. That is how I see it anyway

Tisha Grimes likes this.
  16. nat_richonne

nat_richonne The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    In the back pocket of Michonne's tight jeans.
    I think it might be Maggie consoling him. There was a scene of Maggie and Daryl at the barn during Daryl's fb as Negan went down the line up.

17. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I do and don't. I don't because at the end of the day they are all in a psychotic and unpredictable situation. And yes, I do think it was written in the stars for Glenn to die. But I 100% agree with the sentiment that Daryl fucked up and had zero chill... At the worst moment to not have chill ever. I've always liked Daryl but this is really making me wanna revoke that. I already had him in timeout for running off and then after that move is a catalyst for them all getting captured he pulls this shit. It's starting to come off as selfish and ignorant. He needs to realize what he does has a holistic effect on TF and that he is just spinning in circles if he can't figure out how to check himself. Carl should be a role model for him at this point. I am now on the full steam ahead side eye Daryl express.

18. cadence_T

cadence_T Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    Ugh I really hope that doesn't happen.

19. Cousin Peaches

Cousin Peaches Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Yes, though I think .Negan was looking for an excuse to kill another person. He was instigating and Daryl responded and Negan used that as a reason to kill Glenn. Daryl got angry; anger made him stupid; and stupid got Glenn killed.

20. QueenTee

QueenTee Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I said somewhat.
    On one side, if Daryl never got up and punched him, Negan would have never felt the urge to make an example out of Glenn but on the other hand, Daryl is just impulsive by nature and was unable to just sit there and let Negan torment Rosita and the group about Abe and just lost it. It was stupid but I understood knowing his character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.