1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Jesus was in the truck

Discussion in 'Predictions' started by Barbarossa-TWD, May 14, 2016.

1. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    1. It was Hilltop's missing provisions in the truck.
    2. Negan was expecting more supplies which is why he kept Ethan's brother and sent Ethan to cut off the head of Gregory. (Why would he expect more???)
    3. Gregory gave Jesus a worrying look when he was told that the people delivering to Negan were back. They both knew something was wrong before they spoke to the people who returned.
    4. Andy immediately ask if the delivery was lite.
    5. My guess is that Jesus was in the back of the truck found by Rick and Daryl. The camera angle from inside the truck looks like it is from someone hiding in the back
    6. Daryl says out loud that the door to the truck was UNLOCKED
    7. It was never explained why Jesus was in the middle of no where without a car.
    8. Jesus got out of the back of the truck when they stopped at the gas station.
    9. I think he wanted to see who was around but only wanted to use the provisions as bait.
    10. Jesus was desperate to get the provisions back in time to give to Negan
    11. Jesus's failure to get back the provisions started a chain reaction that ended in Ethan's death.
    12. Jesus playing peacemaker because it was his fault.
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone know what in Pembleton??? Besides to pasta maker these four Pembleton boxes are clearly shown.

[​IMG]

POV of someone hiding in the back.

[​IMG]

Spider web shown once the truck goes in the water.

[​IMG]
    Stuck in the mud....Caught in the trap. (S6.E11)

#1 Barbarossa-TWD, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  2. gootvansquid

gootvansquid Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    i arrived at this thread looking for a place to ask you about your Whisperers theory in connection to FTWD, but i found this and had to take a look.

That truck doesn't just have food in it. There are a couple large ammo boxes on top of a metal lockbox in the upper center, and those Pembleton boxes in the lower right, those are not food, they're ammo. That's not a food truck, it's full of all sorts of stuff. Blankets, clothes, what looks to be possibly auto parts/gear, a large trunk.. that's a "half your shit" shipment if i've ever seen one.

I think you're right, every word of it.

#2 gootvansquid, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  3. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    How dd I miss this thread? Very interesting theory.

In the second picture you posted, it looks like the arm of Jesus's black leather jacket to the right. I'm pretty sure it's just plastic, but I may rewatch the episode to check.

So you think Jesus purposely left the truck in the warehouse so someone would find it and he could rope them into taking on Negan?

Barbarossa-TWD and gootvansquid like this.
  4. gootvansquid

Walker Pets:
    i think Jesus may have made a mistake similar to Denise, and stopped at the absolute worst time for a soda lol (looting something random from the store)- or he could've had engine trouble, fixed the truck just in time to hear rick+dd approaching and hide.

it's also fully possible Jesus had found TF/Alexandria as a means to an end in solving their Negan problem, and they set the whole thing up. Prob a mistake though. But he could've realized TF were a possible answer while riding in the back of the delivery truck, eavesdropping on Rick+DD.

truck was unlocked, prob means he just hopped in the back and pulled the door down. he would've had the chance to sneak out while Rick and Daryl stopped at the gas station.

And why would he risk his life attempting to pursue them again after they caught him and tied him up, when Hilltop is well stocked with food already?

I think it was coincidental, the meeting with Jesus and Rick/DD, and Jesus tried to use it to their (Hilltop/his own) advantage. Could easily be wrong though. Gergory is a snake and as for Jesus well.. i think the road to hell is literally paved with good intentions, in this case.

Katbird, Barbarossa-TWD and slade3 like this.
  5. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I like this theory and it makes much mores sense than what we have seen so far and would make the whole losing the truck thing much more important and not just a unrealistic plot device fore a Rickyl episode.

6. gootvansquid

Walker Pets:
    it's going to be really funny if Abecille happens and the Orange Crush theory proves true lol... Rick and Daryl had some Orange Crush, but because they chose to continue pursuing Jesus and the supply truck, it got smashed :negan:

zahira likes this.
  7. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Okay there is a second part to this theory that I also have no proof of: SORGHUM

1. Eugene tells Rick and Daryl to look out for this (E6.10)

Eugene: I mapped out some of the agricultural supply places in the area. Even if they've been cleaned out, my bet is that the sorghum would be untouched.

Now, that there is a criminally underrated grain that could change the game with our food situation from scary to hunky-dinky.

I'm talking standability, drought tolerance, grain-to-stover ratio that is the envy of all corns.

Think about it.

2. Big Asse Sign that can be seen from the main road (E6.10)

[​IMG]

3. Jesus mentions it in this conversation (S6.E11)

Jesus: I took your truck because my community needs things, and both of you looked like trouble. I was wrong. You're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other.

Maggie: Do you have food?

Jesus: We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum.

Tell us why we should believe you.

Jesus: I'll show you.

4. Gregory mentions it in this conversation (S6.E11)

Gregory: How do you feed everyone? Jesus said you had land for gardens, but no crops.
    Maggie: We just started planting.
    Gregory: Planting what?
    Maggie: Cucumbers, tomatoes.
    Gregory: Oh, crops-- soy, corn, hemp, sorghum.
    Maggie: Garden stuff.

So basically here is a word that has never been used before and now suddenly it links the two communities. Coincidence I think not!
    How it is linked ... not sure?

Sorghum

Sorghum is a genus of plants in the grass family. Seventeen of the twenty-five species are native to Australia, with the range of some extending to Africa, Asia, Mesoamerica, and certain islands in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.

One species is grown for grain, while many others are used as fodder plants, either intentionally cultivated or allowed to grow naturally, in pasture lands. The plants are cultivated in warm climates worldwide and naturalized in many places. Sorghum is in the subfamily Panicoideae and the tribe Andropogoneae (the tribe of big bluestem and sugarcane).

Cultivation and uses
    One species, Sorghum bicolor,native to Africa with many cultivated forms now, is an important crop worldwide, used for food (as grain and in sorghum syrup or "sorghum molasses"), animal fodder, the production of alcoholic beverages, and biofuels. Most varieties are drought- and heat-tolerant, and are especially important in arid regions, where the grain is one of the staples for poor and rural people. These varieties form important components of pastures in many tropical regions. S. bicolor is an important food crop in Africa, Central America, and South Asia, and is the "fifth-most important cerealcrop grown in the world" according to the U.S. Grains Council.

Some species of sorghum can contain levels of hydrogen cyanide, hordenine, and nitrates lethal to grazing animals in the early stages of the plants' growth. When stressed by drought or heat, plants can also contain toxic levels of cyanide and/or nitrates at later stages in growth.

Another Sorghum species, Johnson grass (S. halapense), is classified as an invasive species in the US by the Department of Agriculture.

Nutrition
    Sorghum, grain
    Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
    Energy
    1,377 kJ (329 kcal)
    Carbohydrates 72.1 g
    Dietary fiber 6.7 g
    Fat 3.5 g
    Protein 10.6 g
    Vitamins
    Thiamine (B1)
    (29%)
    0.33 mg
    Riboflavin (B2) (8%)
    0.1 mg
    Niacin (B3) (25%)
    3.7 mg
    Pantothenic acid (B5) (8%)
    0.4 mg
    Vitamin B6 (34%)
    0.44 mg
    Folate (B9) (5%)
    20 μg

Minerals
    Calcium
    (1%)
    13 mg
    Iron (26%)
    3.4 mg
    Magnesium (46%)
    165 mg
    Manganese (76%)
    1.6 mg
    Phosphorus (41%)
    289 mg
    Potassium (8%)
    363 mg
    Sodium (0%)
    2 mg
    Zinc (18%)
    1.7 mg
    Full Report of USDA Database entry
    Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults.
    In a 100 gram amount, raw sorghum provides 329 calories, 72% carbohydrates, 4% fat and 11% protein (table). Sorghum supplies numerous essential nutrients in rich content (20% or more of the Daily Value, DV), including protein, the B vitamins, niacin, thiamin and vitamin B6, and several dietary minerals, including iron (26% DV) and manganese (76% DV) (table). Sorghum nutrient contents generally are similar to those of raw oats (see nutrition table).

#7 Barbarossa-TWD, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  8. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

This is interesting . If the truck is the Hilltop then Jesus is lying (S6.E11)

Jesus: We want to generate trade. Gregory does. But ammo isn't something we urgently need.
    Rick: Well, how's that?
    Jesus: The walls hold.

_________

Maggie: Half.
    Gregory: Excuse me?
    Maggie: Half of what you have. I saw what happened out there. Negan's expecting more supplies from this place. And more and more. And if it keeps going like that, pretty soon you won't have anything left. What happens then? Without ammo, without fighters... you'd be a dead man. So half of everything you have right now or the deal's off.

9. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    When Andy asked "Was the drop light?"

Jesus puts his head down in shame

[​IMG]

Katbird and gootvansquid like this.
  10. gootvansquid

Walker Pets:
    yeah i don't know if i'de say he was totally lying, they have some ammo but not a lot. Jesus had a loaded gun. If what was shown in the truck represents half their ammo, i'de say they only have enough for absolute emergencies.

For the Sorghum i don't know, i think it's pretty big in the south, and according to what Eugene said it would be an ideal crop for the apocalypse. It could just be that this particular store had a large amount of Sorghum seeds (or whatever) and with it being an intelligent choice, Hilltop had already cleaned it out. Jesus new the place and had the truck there for whatever reason. I wonder if that store could've been a pick up point for Saviors.

I'm going to have to re-watch Episodes 10-12 now lol