1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Just Shut the Hell UP! Stop Negan & his Monologuing Thread

Discussion in 'Negan / Jeffrey Dean Morgan' started by Armte, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I like your #2 option. Perhaps too late to go that route. I really hope TPTB are paying attention and will at least tone him down.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  2. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts Atlanta hunting down 712 Director's Cut
    Custom Banner
    Its obvious they wanted to make him darker than the comic character so it was a mistake to make him so outlandish and cartoonish with those dark traits. They could have made him dark and evil with a sardonic wit. Maybe someone like Snape or the joker.

3. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I know, right! Is he trying to get limber enough to kiss his own ass?... suck his own dick? If so, cut that shit out and do some gd yoga. I mean, really. Stand up straight, for God's sake!

4. Lennykae

Lennykae Scott Gimple is the Janet Evanovich of TV.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Yup. Everyone loves almost every version of The Joker.

Denie39, Armte and Katbird like this.
  5. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yes, exactly to the difference in reading vs listening, I said that in the bunker earlier. I read quite quickly so Negan can have a monologue and I can breeze through it but when I'm listening to it my brain starts to shut off and he just sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher after a while.

Maybe getting scoliosis is one of Negan's kinks. If I met someone acting like that out on the street I'd think they were coked off their ass. I mean, people were worried about Shiva seeming too cartoonish well this dude is the complete Looney Tunes boxset.

I just keep thinking about JDM as The Comedian in Watchmen. He had charm and charisma, was still a terrible person, but he wasn't OTT and he had damn superhero-esque abilities. :ugh:

6. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    They had a gift of a character handed to them on a silver platter and their 'more is more' mentality killed Negan for me.

Negan COULD have been a smart, cold blooded killer with charisma to spare and charming smile. He COULD have been a believable foil to Rick with his army of thugs and his well run community and 'system.' He COULD have been interesting with his own brand of honor (doesn't believe in killing women, no rape, hates cowards and snitches) and truly been a mirror image of Rick.

I would have loved that. Millions of viewers would have loved that. The critics would have at least liked it.

Instead, as Doc so eloquently outlined above, we're handed this Lite Brite billboard of a character. Obnoxiously verbose, over the top, erratic and just...well....f*cking annoying.

I wanted so much to like him. I started a crackship Nechonne thread. I'm writing a f*cking NOVEL length fan fic with him as one of the main characters ffs! But the hard left turn the show took with him has ruined Negan for me.

Maybe absence will make my heart grow fonder but I'm not banking on it.

7. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    And rip his tongue out too please. So he will STFU!

Denie39 and Rhona like this.
  8. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Me too girl. He has ruined my show for me.
    If Rick Doesn't kill Negan Michonne will. Believe that.

Rhona likes this.
  9. accioval

accioval Watchtower Sniper
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    He just talks SO MUCH ALL THE TIME. And after awhile, you just start to hear the Charlie Brown "wah wah wah Rick wah wah wahhh" everytime he speaks. And I think that's my main issue with him. He's like a walking vacuous empty space in which words go to die.

PennyLane71 likes this.
  10. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Babysitting Judith
    Patron

Walker Pets:
  11. GrimesGurl

GrimesGurl Spooning with Rick
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    DAMNIT! I am stressed out again! All because of that f****g dick-less piece of ish, Negan! I cannot deal with this MFer! Yeah, I was open to his bad guy routine in E1 but not anymore. These Saviors are just a bunch of bitches and Negan is psychotic asshole! I thought I was going to scream by the end of E4 with all his yammering! To make matters worse, Rick is a broken man and I HATE IT!! With that said, I thought AL's acting in last week's episode was some of the best I've ever seen him do! The range of emotion on his face was incredible; fear, seething anger, submission, hopelessness, pleading, rage - Andy is AMAZING!

Anyway, back to Negan bashing....I want the MFer to die right. now. I cannot sit through a whole season of this punk bitch pissing on our family every week! OK, I got that off my chest, maybe now I can go to sleep! lol! :hot::dienegan::govyell:

12. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  13. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    Spot on MamaGrimes!! I was looking foward to Negan since his intro in the GN. JHe was OTT but interesting in an odd way. JDM is a good actor and I thought he would have made a good Negan if they didn't go with their original idea of considering Idris Elba for the role of Negan. (I wonder what his take on the character would have been, but if this is the direction that they have JDM going, soooo glad Idris has NO parts of this).

Negan is just ridiculous at this point. Like REALLY ridiculous. I am all about a great nuanced and layered villian, and having an equal foil to the marvelous Rick Grimes/AL would have been must see TV for me. Instead, we get an overgrown sexually sadistic frat bully that needs to STFU like on the regular and is so cardboard cut out villian with NO redeeming qualities what so ever. I have Istated many posts ago, that what works in print, does not necessarily translate well on screen, especially a character from a two dimensional GN like TWD.

TWD show is a fantastical one, but due to the realness displayed by many of the actors with their characters, I at times, forget that this show is actually about the ZA. So to have Negan, so OTT and even more so sadistic than the GN, the character just doesn't work on many levels for me. The GA is already tired of him, and his torture of TF. I mean, Rick's torture just goes on and on, and folks are worn out and it's only 7.4!!! We have how many more episodes left until the MSF? And then, what, MORE Negan? Ughh.. I am not sure that they can salvage Negan for me at this point. The damage has been done, IMO. I think with all of the ridiculous hype of JDM/Negan, for months on end, ad nauseum, did not help matters either. Many were sick of Negan even prior to the SP and now, just over him.

I just cannot with this character and long for the days of the Govenor, Dawn, Termites and the Wolves. The Saviors are weak, Negan is played, and just waiting for Rick, Michonne, Grimes 2.0 and TF to take this man out permanently.

[​IMG]

#133 ALDGRichonneLover, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  14. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Sweet Baby Jesus Yes!

Lucky you!

Hold on, one damn minute. Idris Elba was considered for Negan. Did not know that. I probably wouldn't mind all that monologuing if I was looking at Idris Elba. I probably wouldn't hear half of it. That man if fine. Love me some Idris. Andrew and Idris on the same show. Wow.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel about Negan.

#134 Philly Girl, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2016
  15. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I was looking for quotes for a thing I'm making and I stumbled across this in a JDM interview :|:

"I saw one panel in the graphic novel where Negan is leaning back and laughing. That one panel encapsulated who Negan is for me. I have run with that panel." x

I'm going to need you to please forget you ever saw that panel :rickgrin: so Negan no longer looks like he's always ready to limbo.

16. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This explains so much.

17. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm never gonna be able to unsee this. :negan: Negan's always prepared for an impromptu limbo.

18. Jimmy

Jimmy Bitter Bunker Husband
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

19. grimesfan2501

grimesfan2501 Survivor of Many Disasters
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
  20. Lennykae

Lennykae Scott Gimple is the Janet Evanovich of TV.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I laughed when Carl's gun went off and interrupted Negan mid-paragraph. Does anyone else think he was more mad that he couldn't finish talking Rick to death than he was that someone was shooting? Is it just me?:lol:

ReeciePiecey, gmc_vitamind and sharky like this.