1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Kirkman Spills the Tea: NYCC reveals about TWD

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Kirkman knows the source of the outbreak, but he'll never tell:

"I'll never reveal what the source of the outbreak is in the comic," he said. "I'm never going to do that. I know what caused it."​

(Note: He did say he would tell the readers how after the comic series ended though, but he has no intention to do it in the comic story itself.)

On the inspiration of the Whisperers:

"I always wanted to show how different people have survived. These people are so beaten down by the zombie apocalypse they they have tried to abandon all humanity. They see themselves as animals and try to embrace that."​

On Rick and Negan's relationship:

Negan has gone out of his way to prove he's not against him anymore. He had a chance to escape and didn't. And then he did escape and proved it was for a worthy cause: cutting off someone's head. "​

Apparently Negan was supposed to die at the end of the Something to Fear arc:

“Negan was supposed to die at the end of the [‘Something to Fear’] arc. He was only supposed to be in the book for four or five issues [but I thought,] ‘I loved this guy too much. [His story] was supposed to end when Maggie takes over the Hilltop. Rick was going to deliver Negan’s head in a box to Maggie.”​

Source of quotes: Polygon and ScreenRant

Kirkman really isn't afraid to let everyone know Negan is his fave. :sasha:

2. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Cool beans, now let the show have your original fate for Negan. :eyefuck:

I expected him to say The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as his Whisperers inspiration because Leatherface was the first thing I thought of when they appeared. :lol:

3. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm fine with not knowing what caused the outbreak. It isn't part of the story I'm interested in.

That is such a beautiful gesture. Rick sure knows what to get his friends. Would be fun to see this in the show after AOW, but I doubt they'll incorporate it now.

4. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I know, it would have been such a lovely thing for Rick to do. :ogg:

I'd prefer Carl be the one to do it though. :lol:

5. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    If that is incorporated into the show I will...I will shake Gimple's hand affectionately.

The fact that it wasn't how it turned out in the comics is just more reasons me and Kirkman can't be friends. :ogg:

The Whisperers are really interesting villains. They took Rick's "We are the walking dead" speech very seriously.

6. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Kirkman saying he knows what caused the Outbreak but won't tell reminds me of those annoying people who say, "Oh I know a secret but I'm not gonna say what it is..." ok well what was the point of saying anything at all? Lol :unsure:

7. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This doesn't make me any less suspicious about Kirkman's favorite and his intentions towards Rick....

8. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I wonder how the GA will react if they follow the comic arcs and keep Negan alive... Can't say I care either way anymore. All I know is w/ all this JDM fangirling AMC is throwing at us... it all seems like a waste to just have Negan die in the end