1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Live Viewing "Last Day on Earth" (6x16) Live Viewing Thread

Discussion in '6x16: Last Day on Earth' started by Doctor Grimes, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Nicole

Nicole Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    The clock was ticking down and I was like i know what's gonna happen but not to who. As the time started winding down I'm literally chanting not a Cliffhanger not a Cliffhanger and then....Cliffhanger. I thought I read something like a month ago specifically saying they filmed who died and it wouldn't be a Cliffhanger so I'm almost beyond words. If they showed who died right away we would have time to mourn and get ready to watch the next season (unless they're my faves) but now they want me to wait until next year to find out if I'm still gonna watch the show?:rant:

DixonGrimes likes this.
  2. Dead Dave

Dead Dave Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    vinivre, Michele, truetrash and 5 others like this.
  3. AnythingGoes71

AnythingGoes71 Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    I'm not worried about Michonne. I think she's fine. One thing that really hit home was how she was heavily eye-balling Negan with no fear. They showed her lack of fear and imo, almost her challenging him in her stares at him for a reason. There is more to come down the line. If Michonne was also the one, they would have made sure some type of look was shared between her and Rick and her and Carl when she was taken out and there would have been some type of exchange of people who are never going to talk again. Some have had some moments that would make more sense if these people died...

Glenn and Maggie
    Glenn and Daryl(Didn't NR say that he got emotional and cried over filming that?)
    Abe and Eugene
    Abe and Sasha
    Abe and Rick
    Aaron and Rick

I actually think it will be Glenn because I think he will have the most effect. If he dies, I think the baby will live and he won't have his father. I think Maggie may turn on Rick at some point for how things were handled with the attack if Glenn dies. Glenn helped Rick at the start and lead him to his family and he got o reconnect with Lori, has Carl and now Judith so that impacted Rick a lot. Daryl and Glenn have been friends and after Glenn's speech to Daryl he might feel some guilt over some time(yeah I know I hate to even type it). Glenn and Tara were friends and she will miss him as well. I just think Glenn affects TF most long term.

The Abe angle is all these scenes he has shared with all those characters listed about recently and him coming "full circle" on wanting to actual live and not settle and take the real risk of loving again could make him the target but then he kinda "volunteered" himself I think so that might take him out. Can't see Negan giving the Lucille treatment to someone volunteering himself.

Aaron could be the one but who does he leave an impression to last for years to come or whatever was said on TTD so I don't see it being him though he pushed to come and then even talked with Carl for a moment on why he came. Yes he brought them to ASZ and that has changed their lives tremendously but I don't think he makes a big enough impact.

Then there's Daryl who is a slim chance but still a chance. He's the one that has actually killed a lot of the Saviors. I read some said he "started" it back before when him, Abe, and Sasha was on the road and killed the first set of Saviors. Then there was he and Rick's bromance adventure and having one of those done this season though they have basically not spoken to each other since. Then there was that "law of averages" talk that he and Rick had and that could mean something but not sure.

Also, I don't believe for one minute the cast does not know who was killed off. I think they have filmed it and it's in the can. I think they said they didn't know that so for the next few months before the show is back on the air, they try to keep media and fans from harassing/asking cast who died. There is NO WAY IN HELL that this ending is what devastated the cast and kept them from being able to come and had them disturbed. Yes they know how the person is going to die but this isn't something new this is one of the most talked about death scenarios from the comics so they know what Negan does. I think the real hurt, devastation and upset the cast had was who it is and adjusting to that next big loss for them. Actors lie all the time about these things of no, we didn't know and we didn't get the script until the week before. I some cases I know that does happen but as upset as the actors have said they have been, I'm not buying it at all.

4. Nicole

Nicole Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    My theories going in was it might be Glenn depending on whether or not Maggie keeps her baby. They won't make Maggie loose her baby and her husband. Then I thought it might be Daryl until the way they ended the previous episode. I still think it's Glenn because I don't see anyone else in the lineup who will have enough impact to charge the rest of the season. Very few people care about Rosita Aarons and Eugene. Abe and Sasha are probably liked by many but I just don't see them being dynamic enough. Michonne Carl and Rick have my heart too much are too important so it just leaves with Glenn.

I try to be positive but this has seriously pissed me off. Didn't they learn their lesson with 6 03.

DixonGrimes likes this.
  5. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think you're right in thinking that the cast knows about Lucille victim and have filmed it already. Why go through the trouble of recreating that scene come May (or April?)?

I also keep thinking how GN said he and one other person have seen the final cut and that he didn't want to identify this person. I see no purpose in being secretive about the final cut if an ambiguous death was all that was flimed yet.

6. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I completely agree. It almost could be anyone but I feel that so many signs point to Glenn. And I'm not saying that bc I love Daryl bc it could be him too who knows, but so many little signs like Glenn seeing the pictures, him constantly having a bat in earlier episodes, Maggie washing his head in the shower, Glenn being the only one screaming out at Negan, Steve wanting Glenn to get the comic death, And maybe that's why the cliffhanger existed. To put a spin on the known comic death. The biggest things that point to Glenn are the positioning of the actors in real life. Filming for S7 starts in a month and Steve announced his new film project on Instagram and it's not TWD. Also, last time I checked Atlanta con for October, Steve isn't gonna be there. I could be wrong, but I 100% do not think it was Michonne or any woman.

Bazooka Jane likes this.
  7. Leannan

Leannan Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    My sister made a very awesome conversation.
    It's someone in the truck (Glenn or Daryl)
    Because between those long corgan scenes. They show the POV of one of them in truck.
    They go back to that persons POV when he is hit with the bat.
    So for sure its Glenn. Mind you. Gleggie helped Negan find out who would help him get his statement across. He knew right then who he was going to chose.
    But just like Negan's style he pretended he wasn't sure. But there's a method for each of his actions. That's why he plays the game of he can't decide. As Negan chose Glenn, he knows who will scream, cry and might even step out of line (Maggie of course) So of course because he knows of this relationship he threatens the other relationship he's sure of (Carl and Rick).
    So maybe it was a great method for now that Negan does not know that Richonne even exists. We see michonne stare at him with a lack of fear in her eyes. There could be something that happens down the road with this...I could only hope. You know with TPTB they think we're dumb and they forget half of what they write and put in the show.

#1027 Leannan, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Armte, Michele, HustleBunnee and 4 others like this.
  8. CARL IS THE ONE THAT DIED!

i rewatchd it okay and negan's shadow is going to rick's left

carl is the only main character on rick's left so it has to be him

9. Gooey Goobert

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He said something along the lines of, "anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy’s other eye out and feed it to his father." That can't go quite as well if either has their head bashed in. Especially since Carl has one eye. Doesn't leave a lot of room for error.

I did notice the shadow of him going to Rick's left. But I wouldn't be surprised if that is ignored. They could just say he moved to the other side afterwards. We don't know since we don't get an overview shot. The only three characters there are Carl, Aaron, and Eugene. I can't see either of these three getting the bat.

10. dance4me

dance4me Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Thanks for sharing, b/c I didn't think of that POV connection at all, and they did play those scenes throughout (the POV of someone in the van), then ended with the death being from the POV of the victim.
    I think that's the key clue as to who ends up on the receiving end of Lucille.
    After viewing those POV scenes though, I am absolutely terrified.

I'm not 100% sure that it's Glenn's POV. It looks a hell of a lot like Michonne's. You can clearly see Daryl's (no Darcille, I guess) head in the last two POV shots, and whoever that is appears to be sitting higher than he is, and is quite close. When they open the van doors, it shows Daryl in front and then Michonne sitting slightly higher behind him. No one else is really seen on that side. They never actually show where Glenn is in the van, but if it were Glenn, wouldn't his POV have Michonne in it, too, and Rosita, since he was the last one out? Then again, if it were Michonne, we should see hair in the POV shot, but that would be too obvious. And Michonne said to Daryl in 6x15, "We'll square it. I will.", or something like that. Okay, let me stop with the doom and gloom. Too much skress!! lol

I don't know, I'm just so scared that it's my fave. I can't begin to tell you how done I would be with this show. What gives it away for you that it's Glenn's POV? Maybe I'm missing something.

This was my initial reaction. Not that Carl dies (no way, Jose!) but it must be someone to the left of Rick because of Negan's shadow.

#1030 dance4me, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Bazooka Jane likes this.
  11. Gooey Goobert

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I hate to be that guy, but I swear the light breathing we get in the end POV shot sounds like Glenn to me. I'm gonna have to rewatch to see of we get any breathing noise with the earlier POV shots.

12. there's an image going around on reddit from a certain frame in the episode

[​IMG]

looks like carl's shadow to me

13. deadaddict

deadaddict Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't Carl, only because he would have to immediately kill Rick also.
    I'm thinking it was Abe.

vinivre and Delightfully Thomi like this.
  14. forevermichonne

forevermichonne Negan's crusty toes on Michonne's good carpet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Ha! Yesss TSDF!! I will be tuning in!

Danaisbestie likes this.
  15. cgomes

cgomes Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Negan looked fascinated by Carl, he's not killing him. And he knows Rick would go too crazy.

16. No Patience

No Patience Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I don't think that matters at all. This is the walking dead.

17. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Negan sort of gestures to his right when he says the "cut his other eye out" line so he's not in front of Carl. Carl and Rick are safe. It's someone to Rick's right that gets it. Abe, Maggie, Michonne, Daryl, or Glenn....I dont see it being Michonne or Maggie.

Delightfully Thomi likes this.
  18. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Photoshop

19. its not. i checked myself. the frame exists.

20. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It doesn't look like that when I pause it on my screen...I'm not buying it. A perfectly shaped sherriff's hat silhouette on Negan's coat? Makes no sense for GN to ahoot a cliffhanger scene with a blatant reveal loke that. Plus Carl isn't in front of Negan when he's about to swing....Negan clearly gestures with his bat towards Carl to his right.

Delightfully Thomi likes this.