1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article Lennie James: 'I'm envious of those who were in the Negan scene' (The Independent)

Discussion in 'Morgan / Lennie James' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    A nice interview with Lennie James.

Has it been a relief to be one of the very few cast members confirmed to return in season 7?

Yes! Hashtag 'Morgan lives.' On another level, it would have been nice to have been a part of the stuff the other guys have been going through - being knelt down in front of Negan in those bloody good scenes. I'm not lying, there have been times where the green eyed envy has been there because with that big iconic scene, bonds were made and performances were given that I wish I had been there to witness and contribute to. But I’m very excited and happy with the stuff that happens with Morgan and Carol and the introduction of The Kingdom; all of that’s been really fun and interesting. But it’s hard to avoid the fact that - at least during the first episode - people’s interests are going to be on who Lucille takes out.

Is Negan going to change Morgan's view on killing?

He’s certainly going to challenge it isn’t he. He's going to raise the question otherwise there’s very little point having those two people anywhere near each other. I suspect one way or another, that conversation between Negan and Morgan may well happen, or may well set itself up to happen. At the moment, in all honesty, I couldn't say one way or the other - partly because I'm not allowed to and partly because I don’t want to tell you - but it’s certainly something that will be a part of the story at some point.

You're acting opposite a tiger this season...

There’s a lot of talk about the introduction of Negan and who Lucille comes down on but at the same time we’re introducing a man who thinks he’s a King and a has a tiger as a pet, and that’s nothing to sniff at. It's a tricky job for Khary Payton because he talks like a movie king and expects people to speak to him as if he were landed royalty - and added to that, he has a fucking pet tiger. It’s been as impressive a job done by Khary bringing that character to life as it has been Jeffrey with Negan. The work done by our crew in bringing the tiger to life is just staggering; somebody the other day saw a clip and said to me 'Is it a real tiger?' I think that’s the highest praise anybody working on the show could get.

How has it been working so closely with Melissa McBride? Carol must be one of the greatest characters in the series.

Yes, I think she is. It’s been a joy, really. She is without a doubt a shining example of what I was saying earlier about character and performance; Melissa embodies that to eleven out of a scale of ten. I'm somebody who doesn't like spending a huge amount of time talking about acting or overthinking a scene. I'm an actor - I like figuring it out by acting - and Melissa's very much of the same mind. I enjoy every day I'm on set with her, not least because she is really funny in a crazy way.​

Read the full interview at The Independent

2. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  3. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Oh, Lennie. Oh, Morgan. How I love thee. Please, in the words of Haymitch Abernathy, stay alive :holdheart:

4. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Awww...Lennie feeling a little left out. :negan:

5. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Sorry Lennie, I feel your pain, but I am BEYOND glad Morgan was nowhere near that bat because we already spent a year panicking over your imminent death. :lol:

6. Jessica

Jessica Slopping Pigs
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    LOL did he really say "hashtag". I love LJ.

7. Mrsthicke

Mrsthicke Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    Well at least he's honest lol good man

8. Buttons&Applesauce

Buttons&Applesauce Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    :morgan:I love Lennie and Morgan!

9. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Lennie is the best, love him:hearts: I wonder if there really will be a Negan/Morgan confrontation? Maybe not directly but perhaps he means Morgan will be confronted by what Negan does and what he's about via the Saviors

Jerusha Crystian likes this.