1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article Lennie James says he's 'stopped speaking to people' to protect secret

Discussion in 'Morgan / Lennie James' started by Doctor Grimes, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well, that's one way to prevent spoilers. Guess he doesn't want to pull an Andy (or a JDM or a Nicotero...)

Now you can add Lennie James to that list of cast members folks have been trying to trick into spilling the proverbial beans. “Everybody tries to get clever about it,” says James, who plays Morgan. “So everybody tries to kind of catch you out. Everybody asks who you’re filming with this particular day, or ‘Who did you see today?’ Or ‘Who did you have dinner with today?’ Or ‘Please send such and such my love’ — all trying to figure out what your reaction is going to be. And these are members of the public, these are friends of mine, these are members of my family all trying to ask the question that may well kind of catch you out.”

James’ solution to make sure he doesn’t accidentally reveal anything? “I’ve kind of done two things,” he says. “One, I’ve stopped speaking to people. And two, you have to get very single-minded about protecting this particular story line and trying your best to stay true to it everywhere. People will just whisper something in your ear when you’re at the store or when you’re at the supermarket thinking that you’ll turn around and divulge some piece of information, but so far I think I’m doing okay.”

James says he has also been on the receiving end of awkward congratulations for not being the first Alexandrian to die at the hands of Negan. “It’s weird because there have been a few people who have said, ‘Well at least you’re not dead, so we know that for sure.’ And I go, ‘Well you kind of know that for sure because I’m not one of the people knelt down in front of Negan.’ I mean, that would have to be a really big bat for him to swing it from where he is and for it to hit me where I am. So yeah, it’s no great revelation. I at least make it past that particular situation.”​

Read the whole article at EW

box5angel, SevenStars, Minty and 4 others like this.
  2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Aw, I think he's doing a good job so far. I can't remember if he's accidentally divulged any spoilers before.

3. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I read all those quotes in sexy LJ voice in my head. :lol:

4. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Aww, Lennie. Damn people are sneaky and creative with their methods of trying to get him to spill. Don't they know they can just go on the internet? :gareth:

box5angel and Danaisbestie like this.
  5. forevermichonne

forevermichonne Negan's crusty toes on Michonne's good carpet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He is so freaking sweet!

box5angel likes this.
  6. LavenderNight

LavenderNight Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I feel so bad for the actors, it must be stressful. I can't wait for the end of october, for our and their sake.

box5angel likes this.
  7. Minty

Minty Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    Lennie is so cute :hearts:

box5angel and SevenStars like this.
  8. Jessica

Jessica Slopping Pigs
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He's pretty talkative at cons if you don't ask him about that.. I talked about Buffy with him, lol.

box5angel and Minty like this.
  9. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    That's awesome. Was it a mutual love of the show or was he a guest star at some point?

Jessica likes this.
  10. Jessica

Jessica Slopping Pigs
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I remember the episode of Talking Dead he was on, when they did that poll with "musical episode" as a joke option, he brought up Buffy's musical, and I mentioned to him how cool that was, since Buffy's sort of got this niche fandom. He told me about how his daughters were into it, and he didn't really think it was his sort of show.. but then he'd sit up at night after they'd go to bed and binge watch it, lol.

box5angel likes this.
  11. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Great story. He'd binge watch it after hours. That's hilarious and such a fannish thing do. Lol I love it! Thanks for sharing. :)

Jessica likes this.