1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Let the Bodies Hit the Floor: The Sasha Williams Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Sasha / Sonequa Martin-Green' started by Butler36, Jan 27, 2016.

1. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    HELLER!

Soooooo I absolutely love everything Sonequa, and I LOVE Sasha, she is #4 for me from TF after the Queen and King and Daryl. Actually her and Daryl can flip flop depending on the episode. I just HAD to come here and show some love.

A few things: I was SOOOO against Sasha/Abe, because I, like some of you, think she can do better. I also agree w/ those who say he's not attractive enough, and nether was Bob. Just no. BUT he has grown on me, and I'm coming to grips w/ it... slowly but surely.

Since Sonequa actually tried out for Michonne, but didn't get the role, and TPTB liked her so much that they created their own role for her, I WOULD REALLY LIKE IT IF SHE HAD A STORY LINE. I know it seems crazy, Gimple, to actually give a female not named Carol an actual PURPOSE on this show, but SMG can ACT her ASS off, and I'd LOVE to be able to SEE that more than once a season.

I LOVE the fact that she got Comic Andrea's sniper skills.

Cheers to more Sasha in season 7

2. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm not sure how I still feel about Sasha/Abe. I thought Bob was cute in his own way. So, that makes Sonequa and Norman who tried out for the leads, but got their own characters because they really liked what they did. The only difference is they need to give Sonequa some more story and screen time.

lovingdead and Katbird like this.
  3. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You are actually spot on. I am a TWD comic reader from the first volumes which I got in late 2003. They have given Sasha the sniper skills and the storyline of her lover being eaten a la Dale and Andrea. To be honest, other than being Rick's love and confidante (and the sniper skills and death of Dale) quite frankly Michonne and Sasha have covered the Andrea character from the comics. This is why I'm confused when SG says he's spread out comic Andrea between Michonne, Sasha and Carol. Rosita has her own comic storyline BUT she's getting Andrea's relationship with Nicholas. Not sure what part of comic Andrea's character or story Carol is to have taken. Carol seems to have the storyline of Comic Carol but they have mixed it up to give her PTSD from her abusive background and the circumstances which have brought here to where she is today. IMO Carol and Daryl are getting unique stories with Carol sort of getting a nod to her comic character and maybe getting Michonnes relationship with Ezekiel (I can't really call it a storyline - sorry to any M & E fans). That's my take on it.

Gooey Goobert and box5angel like this.
  4. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I kinda thought they were setting up Corgan. Idt she'll get w/ Ezekiel. I hope she doesnt. I need Ezekiel to already have an Erykah Badu type helping him to run his kingdom. Who else is gon fry the fish at the cookout LMBO. U cant tell me the Kingdom isnt the HBCU of the comics bruh LOL

lovingdead and Katbird like this.
  5. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't think SG ever stated who was getting GN Andrea's storyline, just that Sasha was getting some part of it and that it would be spread among the characters, not necessarily just female characters either. I don't know if that last part was to throw people off or if he was being serious. But like you said, between Sasha and Michonne, there isn't much of Andrea's storyline left to give.

Caribbeanqueen11 likes this.
  6. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    That's damn right!

7. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I love SMG -,the first time she caught my eye was when she played Bey's girlfriend on Once Upon a Time. She had her hair straight then. I was so happy when she was cast on TWD and hope she remains on the show for the foreseeable future.

yuna and Katbird like this.
  8. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yes I loved her in OUAT. Sonequa is so underrated.

zombie_ronin and Katbird like this.
  9. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That was the first time I saw her too. Even though I wished they did more with her. It cracks me up knowing Sasha and Carter were together in another show.

Caribbeanqueen11 likes this.
  10. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I love Sasha, she's one of my favorite characters and glad she came in to replace Andrea, because there was no saving Andrea after S3 and think writers knew that lol. Only thing that I hate is her being with Abe, ugh.

Katbird and box5angel like this.
  11. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  12. forevermichonne

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I'M CRYINNGG SOMEBODY MADE A SASHA WILLIAMS POP I'M IN LOVVEE!

Katbird and zombie_ronin like this.
  13. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It is very cute. They did a great job on it. I can't believe she doesn't have one yet.

Katbird and forevermichonne like this.
  14. zombie_ronin

zombie_ronin Stay Salty Bi**h!
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Hopefully there will be one in the next series.

Tisha Grimes likes this.
  15. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm loving her hair, and she's so pretty. That pop is cute. Lol

tuswig and Katbird like this.
  16. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    I saw her years ago on a episode of Law&Order:CI. She was so good, I mean really good, because I had not seen her in the projects you mentioned, didn't no her name and recognized her immediately from that one episoide. I said, wow, good, this woman can act.

box5angel likes this.
  17. Sasha's Living Room

Sasha's Living Room Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    somewhere with excessive air conditioning
    I saved up this thread to read when I needed a lift and this was great. The love for Sasha here (compared to what often comes up-- or fails to be mentioned-- elsewhere in fandom) gives me life. I miss Sasha and hope to see more of her next season.

And I'm such a dork, I just realized this past week that my twistouts braid down to look just like her signature hairstyle! So I've been rocking Sasha-like hair (and some close variants) off and on for the last week, and loving it. I've admired and been all #hairgoals about her hair for months now (being relatively new to TWD fandom) and yet I never figured that out until now, lol.

18. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    Yes, she is beautiful--has beautiful hair, a beautiful style. I really like Sonequa and love Sasha...hoping big/good things are coming for her in S7. She is very talented.
    PS: Your hair sounds really cute!
    PPS: I don't like it when people disparage TWD characters/cast-- love every main character/actor (and many of the minor characters), past and present, except, maybe the Governor. I have favorites, of course, but I think each is, and has been, special. I can't help it.

19. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Law & Order: CI is my favorite L&O out of all of them, and I can't believe I haven't seen her. Either I just don't remember her or haven't seen that ep yet because there are some I still haven't seen. Gotta check it out. :)

Katbird likes this.
  20. QueenTee

QueenTee Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I feel like Sasha is just a underrated character! I hope we see more of her next season! I always found her really interesting and also I love her friendship with Maggie!