1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Let the Bodies Hit the Floor: The Sasha Williams Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Sasha / Sonequa Martin-Green' started by Butler36, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Ohh! Mine, too! In her episode she is at an exclusive high school and is on the girl's lacrosse team. They beat a boy up who is the murder victim in the episode. So, she is questioned by the police and plays it really well.. He dad in the episode is a big time judge/lawyer, can't remember which. But, it is a good episode. Love me some Bobby Goran.

box5angel likes this.
  2. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  3. Sasha's Living Room

Sasha's Living Room Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    somewhere with excessive air conditioning
    I'm hopeful we'll see more of her.
    Thanks! I like it so far, but I think I can get it better with time.
    I'm right there with you when it comes to people disparaging well, any character...

Katbird likes this.
  4. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I definitely would have remembered this episode. Sounds like a good one. Vincent D'onofrio played him so well. But I admit, I was elated when Jeff Goldblum came on the show because I was a huge fan of his at the time.

To keep on topic, I'm actually appreciating Sasha more. I first started watching the eps out of order but now I'm watching them in order, and I can see there's more to Sasha than what I've seen in the later seasons.

I always say that I'm really here just for Michonne/Richonne/Grimes Family 2.0 but I can admit when I'm starting to like or do like other characters which to tell you the truth, aren't many but other than MRG2.0, I like Tara, and now Sasha.

I'm hoping we get more scenes of Sasha, and I wished we got more female friendship interaction especially between her and Michonne. TPTB don't realize what a friendship between those two would be for the female audience, especially for WOC. But they don't think that way, so it's a pipe dream.

#64 box5angel, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    Katbird likes this.
  5. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is how I felt.

Katbird likes this.
  6. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    Since the S7 character posters were released, I have been thinking and thinking about Sasha. She is one of my favorite characters...I like her very much. In light of how we see her in her potriat, this is what I don't want to happen to her:
    1. Being involved as a lust/"love" interest of Negan. (Egads!)
    2. Committing suicide (I would not be okay...I would cry like I knew her!)
    3. Turning on Rick/Team Family (She loves them, it would seem unreal.)
    4.A rift/bad blood between she and Michonne (Michonne would want to help, her, she's been there.)
    I keep going over in mind about her connections to the group, the strongest are to Rick...Tyrese saved Judith and she is his sister and Rick will not just blow that off. The dealing with the Terminus freaks--more being in synch with Rick--it was the four of them: Sasha, Michonne, Rick, and Abraham that put that straight and none of the four (three?) of them are going to forget that. What they did in that church, that's a something that they will share, and never allow the others, to bear alone, for as long as they are together.
    Sasha is a great character played by an exceptional actor, I want good things for her...no bullsh*t.

7. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    This. :notlooking:

I don't know where they'll go with Sasha's SL but I'm hoping they do right by her.

Some people seem to think because of the way Negan is positioned behind her with the bat facing forward might mean something. I hope it doesn't mean #1 in your DNW for Sasha.

I want her to stay at the ASZ but that might not be the right thing for her right now.

Considering Abe's death. Maybe go to Hilltop or The Kingdom for a bit.

Guess we'll see.

Katbird likes this.
  8. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    Yes, all the things she has suffered, this one, if true and it seems it is,*heavy sigh* worries me for her. SMG is so good, they are going to want to utilize her talents, I just hope not for dumb sh*t. I want her to stick close to home (ASZ), too. Someone will need to watch over her. I will wail and gnash my teeth if she winds up in that "harem". I can't stand the thought. Unless, she can kill Negan or get intel for Team Fam on him. That is so risky for her. Whatever they do with her character, I hope it is worthy of her. She is a member of the hardest rollin' crew in the ZA, and she roll hard, too.

box5angel likes this.
  9. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Wow , I had no idea they tried out for Rick and Michonne. Which make me laugh thinking of them as Richonne. Naw, son, would have never worked. Sometimes casting is a miss but they knew what they were doing here, everyone is perfect in their roles at the moment.

box5angel and Katbird like this.
  10. lovingdead

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I just realize it was the two future couples that took out the Termites.

11. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, I love that episode. Abraham was obviously very impressed how she handled things there. Sasha made them pay for messing with/hurting Bob. He was right there with her. How it ended, the scene, Sasha and Rick, back-to-back. Very symbolic, it was on display , she got her people's back...she go hard for her man. He must have been thinking about how much he liked that/her, 'cause he kept trying to ease into her while they were on the road. The four of them made a big statement in that episode. I liked it more than I probably should have, lol.

12. Sasha's Living Room

Walker Pets:
    1. I thought I'd be able to stand it if Sasha joined Negan's "harem" but the more I think about it, the more gross it sounds to me. (Not because I'd hold it against her in the least, but because of how I anticipate fandom to react.) I think Rosita is in a better position to go that route (I see few signs she's gained interest in Spencer). Hopefully fandom will give her a break if that happens...

2. I don't think she would. Remember that scene in 5B with Father Gabe in the church, where she came to him for help and then he tried to goad her into killing him? They're not going to have her step back into that mindset again. Also, Maggie was there for her then, and I think they'll both be there for each other now.

3. It would be OOC imo. What happened wasn't their fault and she knows that. HOWEVER I think she's grown into enough self awareness to realize that if she starts feeling jealous of other people in the group again like she did with Michonne in 5B, she might want to isolate herself specifically from people she keenly perceives to be "happier" than her for a while, as she heals. Again, I think that's why it's good if she and Maggie stick together.

4. Same as #3, I don't think she'll transfer blame/guilt to those who aren't responsible, but a rift or some isolation is something I can understand as long as it's a temporary part of her healing process. Like a recently widowed individual going to a social occasion with their married friends and feeling like a fifth wheel.

One exception though:
    I'd like to see her and Rosita start to build a stronger connection from here on. They can bond over remembering Abe, and then they can build further from there. But this might not be possible until after some time has passed, unfortunately.

13. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Forgive me, but it was Merle that he originally tried for. I thought it was Rick but I know I read that somewhere. Somewhere wrong. Lol But Sonequa is correct though. But either way, I can't see either as Rick or Michonne. Like you said the roles they have now are perfect for them.

Katbird and lovingdead like this.
  14. lovingdead

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I almost have to wonder if they tested SMG as Michonne with Andy. They barely have any lines together as it is so it's hard to imagine them sharing tons of screen time together or even her with Carl. I think she was introduced perfectly as the scrappy little sister to Tyrese. We didn't know her role would get much deeper and be what it is now.

15. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I found this article about some of the cast audition process including Sonequa's and some of our other faves.

http://www.thterrortime.com/the-walking-dead-audition-tales-from-the-cast/

Here's the original source of the article.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/walking-dead-audition-stories-815523/1-andrew-lincoln-rick

lovingdead likes this.
  16. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    You are so thoughtful, thank you. I just panic, lol. I like everything you posted. I want her to have some kind of support, somebody to help her get through her pain. Of course, they will all be shaken, grieving. I will be okay with the path of the women creating a support system to help each other heal and keep their family from splintering and collapsing, either as individuals or as a whole. The one thing that will make me vomit, and why I had in number one on my "please, no" list...is the situation with that mofo, Negan. It would make zero sense, it would be a damn shame to put her in a place to be a sexual partner with a man and his "group" of women, yuck! We don't see her with the other two men she was involved with, in a sexual way, not that we know whether or not that happened, but we don't see it. To see her get the "Negan treatment" would make me mad, I hope it doesn't happen. I want to see her get back to the weoman who stood on that porch and was able to tell Abraham to come inside. That woman, who, even as they were being trapped/blocked at every turn by the Saviors, still thought she could do it...plan for a baby, think of a future.

#76 Katbird, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  17. box5angel

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I don't want any of the women to be part of Negan's especially Sasha.

Katbird and Sasha's Living Room like this.
  18. Sasha's Living Room

Walker Pets:
    I'm with you there. I just happen to think that if it does have to happen, then Rosita is probably the best fit for that kind of storyline. Since they keep saying in interviews that everyone hates Negan though, maybe we'll be lucky and no one will. :andrea:

Maybe it'll just be Sherry or whoever it is in the GN.

Katbird and box5angel like this.
  19. forevermichonne

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  20. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Norman as Rick???? Oh we bit the bullet on that one!!!

Katbird, box5angel and lovingdead like this.