1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Let the Bodies Hit the Floor: The Sasha Williams Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Sasha / Sonequa Martin-Green' started by Butler36, Jan 27, 2016.

1. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I cant see Thomas Jane as rick either. He would have done ok Andy has more of a romantic quality that really juxtaposes well with Murder Rick. Sonequa is great as Sasha. She would have done an ok Michonne but it would be different and not as compatible with Andy.

box5angel likes this.
  2. Rhona

Rhona Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    tuswig, Katbird and Tisha Grimes like this.
  3. Armte

Armte I Drink and I Know Things
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
  4. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  5. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I am a big fan of hers and Sasha is a great character. I really hope she stocks around...she brings something special to the show/story. I hope the writers recognize that and utilize SMG's talent and the expand on an all ready great character. Sasha rocks!

6. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sonequa Martin-Green attends AMC presents ‘Talking Dead’ on October 23, 2016 in Los Angeles, California

7. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    She looks beautiful. I love her.

ALDGRichonneLover likes this.
  8. KatanaQueen

KatanaQueen Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    My beautiful Sniper Queen. You know what I loved most about Sasha in premiere? Her reaching out to both Maggie and Rosita after the deaths. This is a woman who has always dealt with her grief by isolating herself and lashing out at everybody. Both Maggie and Rosita had reached out to her back in season 5 and now she is doing the same for them. I think she has had one of the most steady and consistent character progressions on the show and is so underrated, in my opinion. I can't wait to see how this season goes for her.

9. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    I second those sentiments....though things are awful, good things are coming for Sasha--SMG is so talented. Special character, awesome actor. Good things are on the way for her...without a doubt.

10. GrimesGurl

GrimesGurl Spooning with Rick
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is the first time that I have come to the Sasha thread. I have always liked Sasha/SMG but I am now waking up to a slow burn girl crush! While everyone cried for Maggie loosing Glenn, I actually felt worse for Sasha because of the loss of what might have been with Abe. It's not that I think Abe and Sasha are such a great couple, but I feel like Sasha has gotten close to love but it keeps getting yanked out from under her. She's been alone now for a while and has been fighting her demons and losses. She's bounced back,yes, but I've always thought her tough exterior masked simmering pain that she's never really healed from. I think Abe saw that at the same time he saw her incredible strength. I really liked who she was becoming around Abe and was excited to see how much more she would grow and expand with him in her corner. Abe would have been an amazing Rock for Sasha. And of course, Sasha has completely opened Abe back up to real love and possibility after the loss of his family! I'm sorry but Rosita never did that.

As far as SMG...I think she is by far the most beautiful woman on the show! Everyone gushes over how gorgeous LC is but I don't think she holds a candle to Sonequa. I also think Sonequa is one of the most talented actors on the show and is totally under utilized. I hope they give her more time in S7. Maybe an interesting alliance will form between Maggie, Sasha and Rosita as they bond over their loss? Sasha has such leadership potential - more than Maggie in my mind. Some comments say she might go to the Kingdom? Oh God, I hope not, AZ is going to need her!

#90 GrimesGurl, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Katbird likes this.
  11. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    You are so right. Very talented; I look forward to seeing how things work for her...if the writing is on par, SMG may be their best bet for that Emmy they are desperate to have, other than AL, of course. I hope the writers can sense that. Creative people are very intuitive, usually. I have a feeling she will have a major impact on how things progress now that Negan as done the awful deed. Sasha and Abe, unlikely, but I do got it. Not that Rosita wasn't/isn't a survivor, just, I think Sasha was/is feeling and fighting for all the life they could have, and Abe was ready to have that, again, too. I know she will have to greive and heal like the rest of them, but she knows she wants all of life, now. Losing Abe, and Glenn, will not shake that. It will spur her own. She didn't hear Abe's words, that she inspired, to Rick, about tearing the world a new a**hole, lol, I loved that...but I know the two of them shared that same philosophy about the future. She was brave enough to consider a baby in the world they are living in, so she is not going back. I really love her. She is ZA royalty!

ALDGRichonneLover and GrimesGurl like this.
  12. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Met SMG today, guys. She is loveliness personified. The epitome of class. And stunning af. Like frfr it's scary how gorgeous she is. And kind. And genuine. We talked about our hair-- gave each other compliments on our hair, really. She is simply divine. I love her.

[​IMG]

13. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    That is so awesome. I am more than a tad envious.

idcabtthisish likes this.
  14. zombie_ronin

zombie_ronin "I got a lot to be mad about..."
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I noticed a few SMG posts in the Sasha thread. Perhaps we should make a SMG Appreciation thread?

box5angel and Katbird like this.
  15. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    I love her! That would be great. I don't know tech-stuff (Reese, original Terminator, lol), but I would love to see, read, comment on what others post about Ms. Fierce. She bad!

16. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Great idea!

Katbird likes this.
  17. zombie_ronin

zombie_ronin "I got a lot to be mad about..."
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  18. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
  19. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    It was nice to see glimpses of the old Sasha in the msf and I gotta say....I am actually more excited about her and Maggie's continued development in 7B than many of other characters, including Michonne *pains me to say*

Katbird likes this.
  20. QueenOfAlexandria

QueenOfAlexandria Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets: