1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers Lucille is Thirsty

Discussion in 'Speculation Archive' started by MamaGrimes, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QueenTee

QueenTee Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Not sure if this is possible, but if they could teleport Tara in the place of who's getting the bat, that would be great
    [​IMG]

2. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well, here's some Glenn anvils now that I think about it some more:

Enid: "When I wanted to run... you said, 'That's how you lose people... even after they're gone.' What the hell does that mean?"
    Glenn: "People you love... they made you who you are. They're still part of you. If you stop being you, that last bit of them that's still around inside, who you are... it's gone."
    Enid: "Who are those people to you?"
    Glenn: "My parents. A man named Dale. Maggie's father, Hershel. A woman named Andrea. A man named Tyreese. Who are they to you?"
    Enid: "My parents."
    Glenn: "Then they're still here... 'cause you're still here."​

LunaFall and Danaisbestie like this.
  3. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I think that's his biggest anvil this season, realistically, discounting all the extraneous plot bunnies that people assume are his death knell "because the gn." Speaking for myself, I knew I was like, "Well fuck, this precious angel is a dead man walking until the finale" when I watched that episode because that's some Gimple-style "shine 'em then kill 'em" magic. But 6B made me seriously reconsider my certainty in that theory, for Glenn being a damn ghost in the back half among other things. :|

4. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah Glenn getting shoved on the backburner and then also killing for the first time has made me reconsider just how much of an anvil that was. Honestly, I think it could also point to Glenn having a dark arc in the future.

5. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I stopped believing anything he said once he swore up and down Richonne wasn't happening.

6. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I started a thread to play a process of elimination game. :|

#886 Doctor Grimes, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  7. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Shit I forgot about this :|

There's also a Gimple quote that made me pause. I'll have to dig and find it but he was giving a summary of all the characters as a preview to season 6. He made a statement like Glenn is all grown up...I'll find the exact quote but I didn't like how he described him because he likes to kill his characters when their arc is complete in his mind:tdog:

8. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh yes I remember that. It was the Hollywood Reporter. And it was for season 6.

Here's the link: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-whats-season-6-832712

Steven Yeun (Glenn)

Glenn has completely grown up. He has become an incredible synthesis of who he was, who Dale and Hershel taught him to be and who Rick influenced him to be. He's this incredible compilation of the people around him as well as governed by the heart that he's had all along. In a lot of ways, he's this more senior presence. He's a young dude, but he's seen it all and gone through a lot of changes. A lot of the stories we're telling have to do with the contrast between Rick's group and the Alexandrians — how much they've seen, done and suffered through it all — and how it makes them so much further along than the Alexandrians are. Glenn is further along in a lot of ways; not just as a survivor, but in wisdom and wanting to still try to save people — even people who tried to kill him [Nicholas].​

I still laugh at the shade on Spencer's. :lol: Literally no1curr about Spencer.

... but yeah that all worries me. Especially that last line because of the whole "Rick spares Negan later" bullshit.

9. Mousey

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    All the retrospection definitely makes one thing clear: Morgan is the best red herring in the show's history, no lie. :morgan:

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  10. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Jesus looking at this article Gimple might as well have spoilered all of season 6.

Norman Reedus (Daryl)

Daryl had gotten past his suspicion of the Alexandrians through his friendship with Aaron and his new position within the community. So he's starting at, in some ways, the same place as Rick — hoping that this place and these people can become peers as well. He sees the efficacy in continuing to try to bring people into the community. Once again, the question is: Will the world let him be that way? Is that the happy ending for Daryl, emotionally? (Obviously it isn't.)

Steven Yeun (Glenn)

Glenn has completely grown up. He has become an incredible synthesis of who he was, who Dale and Hershel taught him to be and who Rick influenced him to be. He's this incredible compilation of the people around him as well as governed by the heart that he's had all along. In a lot of ways, he's this more senior presence. He's a young dude, but he's seen it all and gone through a lot of changes. A lot of the stories we're telling have to do with the contrast between Rick's group and the Alexandrians — how much they've seen, done and suffered through it all — and how it makes them so much further along than the Alexandrians are. Glenn is further along in a lot of ways; not just as a survivor, but in wisdom and wanting to still try to save people — even people who tried to kill him [Nicholas].

Lauren Cohan (Maggie)

We're still seeing Maggie's leadership role with Deanna. That's a big part of her arc for the season — and it's a big part of her character. Maggie was always a strong person from the moment we saw her when she swooped in on a horse and brained a walker. But there's something there that's more on the leadership side of things, more helping people get where they need to be and helping this community — and looking at things in a much more long-term sort of way.

Chandler Riggs (Carl)

We saw how different Carl was from the other kids in Alexandria. It's the exact same equation, just more intensified because he's young. Carl is like an adult at this point to all these other kids. And that trips him up in his relationships, though there is someone there his age [Enid] in Alexandria who has been through some stuff, too. That might start a very interesting relationship that kind of has already started.

Danai Gurira (Michonne)

We saw the more playful side of Michonne in the premiere with Morgan when she straight-up lies to him about taking his protein bars. Michonne, more so than the other people who arrived in Alexandria, has real stakes, a real desire and a real need to make it work — for all of them, not just for herself that led to knocking Rick out and potentially saving him from himself. She's there, it is working, she's in a place of safety. What's next? She's challenged on that by one of the characters. She's got a bit of soul searching to do. She's looking at, the question: 'What's the point here?' Not in a negative way but she's asking herself that in the two milliseconds that the universe gives her to do that.

Melissa McBride (Carol)

Carol has a lot going on. She got buffeted around by life. She was making big choices about her life that circumstance got in the way of and she's been quite adept at hiding. She likes being invisible but a lot of that is going to stack up and it's going to come to a head. It's not all lies and cookies!

Michael Cudlitz (Abraham)

There's been a dynamic between Abraham and Sasha since [season five's] episode 10 when he noticed she was out of control. Even though Sasha has gone through some pretty heavy things at the end of last season, it's not like Abraham has the knowledge of that. We see at the beginning of the season that certain things are weighing upon him. There's a direct relationship to how Sasha was acting last year to things that Abraham is going through this year. There's a certain level of communication that they're able to share because of that.

Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha)

Sasha, she went through some incredibly difficult things at the end of last year but came out the other side with a way forward, and we're going to see that way forward. We'll see how she's going to live. Sasha is absolutely taking over part of Andrea's role here. The character of Andrea from the comic is [spoiler alert] still in the comic — and she's the second lead in the comic. A lot of people say Sasha is taking over Andrea's role because she's a sharp shooter, but Andrea is a three-dimensional character in the comic. ... We're distributing aspects of Andrea's personality throughout the other characters — and not necessarily just the female characters.

Lennie James (Morgan)

There's a lot going on with Morgan. He finally made it to Rick only to see that Rick is not entirely the dude he saw last in King County. In that one moment, he saw that they're on completely different pages. Morgan believes all life is precious; Rick just shot a dude in the face. They have some things to work out. Morgan will interestingly not necessarily come into conflict only with Rick; his story will deeply involve one of the other characters as well.

Alanna Masterson (Tara)

Finding out about Noah — and more than that — is not an easy thing for her. She has choices about how she reacts to news she gets moving forward. She also might find someone who affects her. One of the characters is going to very deeply affect her.

Christian Serratos (Rosita)

Rosita has a variety of challenges this year that she is going to have to deal with. The stuff that she tackles is going to form her into a person. I find Rosita to be a very tough, no-nonsense character and the things that will happen, will make her that much more tough and no-nonsense. We'll see that soldier come out. She's this grizzled, seasoned soldier.

Josh McDermitt (Eugene)

Eugene had the most in common with the Alexandrians, as far as his level of being able to defend himself and survive in the world. He's going to find himself in situations that frustrate him in that arena and he's going to be challenged in finding how he can deal with this stuff himself. Because everybody is going to have their own stuff to deal with. He's going to have to take more responsibility for himself — and maybe even more people than himself.

Seth Gilliam (Father Gabriel)

It's gratifying that people get so mad at these characters! Father Gabriel, at the end of season five, shared the same opinion [that people hate him]. He was not down with himself, either. He's going to be pushing Sasha to kill him. He was right there with the fans on it. From the moment we met him, we knew something was up with him and found out about this horrible thing he did and how much it destroyed him and he betrayed everything he was supposed to be. Then to wind up in safety and a place where he could live and thrive, he couldn't deal with that. He felt as the audience felt: "I don't deserve this; I should die." But he didn't die. Maggie didn't want him to die. So what do you do with that? What will the audience do with that? The audience is where he is with that, too. What's going to happen with him because dying is not on the menu. I find that super interesting. What would be reprehensible is if he did all that stuff and then said, "Screw you guys." But he's not. He's in a place of shame and has to keep living, so what comes out of that? It's interesting and I'm curious how the audience will react to it.

Tovah Feldshuh (Deanna)

She came around to accept what Rick was saying and his vision of the world. How does she move forward in giving him more powers and telling people to listen to him? She isn't just going to sleep. She believes in what he's saying and wants to administer what he's saying. Is she one of those people who can become Rick's peer? Who can learn? Who can save herself? We'll see.

Ross Marquand (Aaron)

There's something worth spoiling about with Aaron. Events from last season are still very much on his mind and even though he was one of the toughest people in Alexandria, he doesn't know everything. He's quickly getting up to speed. Even though he has the ability to survive — he's tough, he's been out in the world, he can deal with walkers, people and can take a punch in the mouth from Rick — there's some emotional aspects to it that are pretty hard on him. We're going to see how that affects him.

Alexandra Breckenridge (Jessie)

She's not walking around guilty about Pete. Pete abused her. But by virtue of the fact that she was willing to stand up to him — he's a big guy — that indicated that she was about making sure that her kids survive. Period. Rick is about all these Alexandrians figuring out if they want to learn how to survive and teaching them. Jessie wants to learn how to survive and wants to become someone who can defend herself, defend her family and defend Alexandria. That's what she's trying to do. It really does frame everything about her right now.

Austin Nichols (Spencer)

This is the opportunity to learn more about who Spencer is this season. This season, we'll learn who he is. The good and some of the not so good stuff. :lol: :troll:

Danaisbestie likes this.
  11. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Remember how folks thought Morgan getting Lucilled would be the biggest cop out? Simpler times. Now we have to entertain Abe or Aaron.

(To be clear, I would rather Lucille go to either Abe or Aaron instead of Morgan).

12. Danaisbestie

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Yep, that's the quote :|

Reading the whole thing is worse than I remember....all that talk of how he encompasses the whole group, bringing up Hershel and Dale, his heart and wisdom makes me think Gimple would think his death would have the most impact:gabe:

Also I just watched the Distance and Glenn's quote "we can only make it together" strikes me as something they would refer back to in the event of his death. It's what made Aaron want them as a group D:

13. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, it would have echoes of Dale and Hershel's death -- the loss of a moral compass/wise figure. But part of me also feels that all got tossed out the window with the Nicholas thing. I thought that was the twist/turn -- and Alpert even hinted at it in an interview (I'll need to dig up the link). He essentially said that has thrown Glenn for a loop. Glenn went through all that hell to spare Nicholas -- and then Nicholas goes and kills himself anyway.

Since that event, Glenn has been more morose, he has killed a human being... I don't know. I guess we'll see what happens. It could be argued Glenn's dumpster dive and fake death was a method to "reinvent" or "rebirth" Glenn into a new form. Also a way to pay homage to his comic death without killing him.

Here's Alpert's quote from MTV:

MTV: Then I’ll just ask you straight up and I’m sure you’re going to give me a very straightforward answer: is Glenn dead, or is he alive?

Alpert: Well you know, I didn’t expect that question at all, so I’m going to give you two answers. Answer one is, we’re going to find out what happened to Glenn this season — that is going to be answered. Not directly on this call, but it will be answered.

I would say the more important piece is that Glenn has always been the good angel on Rick’s shoulder, he’s been the guy that’s always ready to go back…

There’s the Rick/Shane debate from season one and two that’s finally been resolved, right? Last night in the car — I promise you I will get back to Glenn — but the Rick/Shane debate has been resolved and Shane has won, right? Last night Rick went full Shane, and when the Wolves attacked him in the RV, he didn’t ask them any questions. He took an assault rifle and shot all of those people outside. He didn’t want to know who they were, or what they were feeling, or try to talk them down. He just straight up murdered them, right? And that was a very Shane thing to do.

I feel like Glenn has always been the guy that’s given everybody that second chance, given everybody the opportunity to improve themselves. He’s the guy who’s never killed anybody in cold blood. He’s always been that guy. So the moment last night — regardless of what’s happened to Glenn — the Glenn as good angel, I believe, is dead.

Glenn saved Nicholas, and brought Nicholas back, and Nicholas did this to him. Nicholas couldn’t actually hack it and copped out in the worst possible way.

There’s a million ways in which he could’ve done the same thing. Nicholas could’ve just jumped off the dumpster, right, and actually tried to help Glenn. That might’ve even given him some space to get away, but Nicholas shot himself in the head and took Glenn down with him. So that was the cost of having been a good guy. So that good guy Glenn, regardless of what has happened to Glenn is gone.

MTV: Given Scott Gimple’s statement during “Talking Dead” last night, would it be fair to say that whatever form we see Glenn in again, it’s not going to be the same Glenn we knew previous to this episode?

Alpert: I would totally back that up.

MTV: Just to step it back a bit, you had to know going into this episode there was going to be a fair amount of discussion around the scene. So what kind of prep do you guys do? What do you guys talk about behind the scenes to get ahead of what the fan conversation is going to be?

Alpert: The first and most important thing that we do is that anytime we’re playing with a serious character and putting that character into real jeopardy, we always ask ourselves is it warranted? Is it earned? Are we doing a stunt, or was this earned? And we’ve had ideas that have been thrown out that have been like, what if we do this, wouldn’t that be cool — and if it’s just cool, but it doesn’t have meaning, we don’t do it. Last night what we did was, we were really calling back — and to us the important thing is ending that arc.

Last night ending Glenn’s arc from the beginning, right? And if you notice, Glenn said on the walkie talkie to Rick, he called him “dumb-ass,” which is the same thing that Glenn had said to Rick when he was in the tank in the first episode. It’s the end of 1.01, the beginning of 1.02… That beat is a direct and intentional call back to the beginning.

Anytime that we do anything big in the show that’s going to have fan reactions, we want to make sure it’s earned. And we think the fact that this is such a clear character moment, that this is the [resolution] of everything that Glenn’s been trying to do for six seasons, that made it a worthwhile story to tell.

Which is intriguing after Glenn lives.

Gimple's interview was done pre-dumpster dive.

To me, it sounds like the "old" Glenn (comic Glenn) died under that dumpster. We have a nu!Glenn now.

14. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Actually after reading that interview, I am convinced Glenn is going to live.

Mullet of Denial and zahira like this.
  15. zahira

zahira Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    you are not alone :buttermilk:

16. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah I am basically sold that it's not Glenn now. Well, that's a relief. Glenn's 6-year-arc ended -- and he's presumably getting a new one.

... so that leaves Abraham... Daryl...

... or A-A-ron. :rickgrin:

17. Danaisbestie

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    When I initially read this interview during Dumpstergate I thought Glenn would come back dark. That we would see a Glenn. hat regretted his actions with Nicholas but the first thing he did was go back and save Enid instead of going back to Asz. He basically seemed the same and I was like wtf happened to the good Glenn being gone like was stated in this interview. The rest of the season he seemed focused on his family and the only time he stepped OOC was when he killed in 6x12. So that could be the not so good anymore Glenn he's referring to. Although even in 6x12 he was a reluctant killer and seemed to feel bad about it which is more in line with the Glenn we are used to. This interview gives me a little hope though

18. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    But they think the good Glenn is gone is the important thing. It gives me hope too.

Also them saying Glenn went full-circle in 6A makes me feel hopeful because the signs aren't there for 6B at all.

They are there for Daryl though. He has come full circle now.

Danaisbestie likes this.
  19. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    It brings even more light to my Dark Glenn theory. Seriously, I cannot abandon it, nope, this stubborn bitch will plant herself firmly on that island

Danaisbestie and Doctor Grimes like this.
  20. Mousey

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Right? Going into S6, that was the dominant theory in most of the more obsessive fandom spaces, that it was gonna be Morgan and it would be the biggest cop-out ever, but in part because Lennie wanted out/had too much going on, yadda yadda.

But it's a bit of lowkey brilliance I have to give Gimple, really. They toss in a character who's literally saying "ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS" and have him practicing less violent forms of self-defense and combat. All the fans who follows the source immediately jump on that train, knowing what happens, because it's All The Signs. They even take it so far as to continually link the jail cell with Morgan, and he even builds the actual cell from scratch with his own two hands! ...and then isn't even there to meet Negan. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.