1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers Lucille is Thirsty

Discussion in 'Speculation Archive' started by MamaGrimes, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My new insane/crackpot theory:

Maybe Rosita gets Lucille'd and Daryl gets killed later in the episode.

The van POV could still apply to the LV. Rosita has some ominous death foreshadowing (she was on the train tracks with Denise and Daryl), the red brake light necklace she gave to Abraham was left abandoned.

Rosita's death would make Abraham feel incredibly guilty for his arc going forward.

Also the "champ" Easter egg still applies as Rosita was the one who called Abraham "champ".

It's also a death that could easily be overshadowed. And Rocket Dog said everyone would forget the Lucille event.

Later, Negan forces Rick to kill Daryl.

My thought on this is: after Dwight killed Denise, he said Rosita would die, and then Daryl would. It would be sick if his prediction came true.

Denise died. Then Rosita. Then Daryl.

Now: it is hard for me to buy Negan killing a woman. Truly. I just don't see it. But who the heck knows.

gootvansquid and Lickidesplit like this.
  2. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I just can't see it being Rosita, although nothing would shock me at this point. Now Daryl, I am alllll over that. He needs to die.:rickgrin:

FLNatural likes this.
  3. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    A couple of thoughts before RL sweeps me away today.

I saw this screen shot on TSDF and it reminded me of Denise's discovery of the remnants of infanticide during 6.14. I'll try to find a screen shot later.

[​IMG]

Unless Gimple has gone Full Troll, these may be breadcrumbs that hint at Maggie miscarrying. Since it would be way OTT for her to miscarry on the heels of losing her husband to the bat, I would put this in the evidence pile in favor of Glenn surviving.

zahira likes this.
  4. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I know you had this theory before the Daryl news, but I don't think Rosita is an insane idea anymore.

Probably because someone here, and someone at TSDF, mentioned the Johnny Cash song that plays in the opening of East.

Vaguely, I remember, the post here discussed the opening of East and how all the couples are shown and they are in challenging places (Abe/Sasha/Rosita and Glenn looking at Maggie's bruises, Carol leaving Tobin) while Johnny Cash's "It's All Over" plays in the background. And then the music ends as we come to Rick and Michonne in bed, and they seem to be in a good place.

The post at TSDF referenced the Johnny Cash lyrics, I think, pointing out that the lyrics say "Let her go", which the poster felt was a clue that either Glenn or Abe is the LV. And then someone responded to say Gimple is never subtle when it comes to things like that, which we know.

And though the lyrics can be most obviously directed at Carol, I still wonder about the TSDF post that didn't mention Carol, but Abe and Glenn. Why would the lyric "let her go" make one think Abe or Glenn is the victim? It sounds more like someone is losing a woman. So what if the LV is a woman?

From this theory, the woman would not be Michonne because the Johnny Cash song ends just as the scene cuts to the Rick and Michonne scene. The song would relate to one of the women in the opening scene: Maggie, Sasha or Rosita.

I'm still very high on Abe being the LV. And, to be honest, I think Glenn has more of a chance of being the LV than a woman, I'm no longer counting Rosita out.

ETA: Full lyrics of the song don't seem to relate much to Rosita as far as I can see. Relates more to Carol and Tobin, maybe. I'm not sure.

I was on my way to you and I was worried
    I was all torn up and nervous
    'Cause I knew that you'd be gone
    I knocked and crossed my fingers while I waited
    And I couldn't hide the teardrops
    When I walked away a- lone.

[Chorus]
    It's All Over, It's All Over
    My heart echo- es [It's All Over]
    Every minute that you cry for her
    Is wasted don't you know
    It's All Over, It's All Over
    So forget her [It's All Over]
    Stop your cryin'
    Turn around and let her go.

I've been runnin' 'round in circles like a baby
    I was in a daze because
    I loved you so, I couldn't see
    I was broken in a million little pieces
    When I saw enough to realize
    You didn't care for me.

5. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I refuse to believe that Negan Lucilles a woman, especially with the glee and arrogance that he displays. It just makes no sense to me.

Canuckgirl likes this.
  6. Lickidesplit

Lickidesplit C'est la vie
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    At first glance, you would think the song is for Carol and Tobin, However, IMO, the song signifies the end of Happiness/Normalcy. Let's take Sabe as the 1st example. They seemed Happy despite the shade from Rosita. If Abe is the LV ( like I think he is) the song is fitting for their situation. Glen and Maggie will possibly lose their Baby, which is their connection to the song. At the end of the song Richonne is in bed Cuddling and We hear the "Let her go" part. There was so much going on in that scene with the Adam and Eve comparisons. However, what stood out for me was "Let her Go" and the talk at the end of the scene. Rick states, " and I'm not losing any of it". Michonne states, " NO, you're not". Lord knows I'm No Grammar Nazi but when you use a double Negative in a sentence, it becomes a positive. It's a possibility Michonne will be Kidnapped, which could explain the "Let her Go" part at the beginning of the scene.

slade3 likes this.
  7. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh, I hear you. As I mentioned, I think Glenn has more of a chance being the victim than a woman even though Glenn is looking less likely to me each day. But I'm still considering certain characters based on the comment that the victim is not who we expect and the belief that the victim may be one of the 4 in the van.

Good points. Yes, I thought the Carol and Tobin angle was too obvious. And I'm with you on Abe being the most likely LV. I'm less sure about Glenn and Maggie losing their baby, but it does seem more and more likely. And I honestly thought all signs pointed to Michonne being kidnapped by Negan, including the book on her nightstand, The Mullah's Storm, that features a woman being kidnapped and tortured while the man she works with goes off on his own to try to save her. So this song could be about all of them, really. I don't know; I'm curious though.

Lickidesplit likes this.
  8. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    In the pics Glenn looks at in Not Tomorrow Yet, all of those lucille victims look like men to me. Gimple said he wanted to push the envelope as far as gore is concerned with this scene, I can't imagine a woman being destroyed like that on TV by a man smiling and enjoying it.

9. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    gootvansquid likes this.
  10. gootvansquid

gootvansquid Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    i'm going to attempt to base a Negan kill theory based solely on setup for S7 story lines, with no possible clues/evidence (POV, diXon, songs, single line/conversation foreshadowing, etc) and see what i get. so it'll include a summary for each character in the lineup, and a grade. A=very likely. F=highly unlikely. Also a couple other ideas, regarding the possibility of two deaths in the lineup.

1.Eugene- Gave him send-off. Non-intimidating and most likely easy to keep under control. Just taken his first baby steps as a survivor. No real set-up for next season, since he gave Rick the bullet recipe. Not very impactful to the audience, but moreso for TF. Is possibly more innocent than Glenn now. Lucille grade: A- (would drive story for Abe, would take away from only potential interesting Rosita story they may have set up)

2. Carl- He has a new aggressive drive to protect TF, and seemingly wants blood. he has a relationship with Enid in the middle of brewing. We have seen no development on his life with an eyepatch. Kirkman(?) once said TWD was from Ricks pov but actually about Carl. Lucille Grade: F [Chance of him attacking Sanctuary: B-]

3. Aaron- Has recently begun an evolution which sees him pushing for and engaging in the aggressive defense of ASZ. Has a relationship they have barely delved into, the destruction of which could easily escalate his character and bring this character more to the forefront and see him eager to engage in war against the Saviors. He would do this in a more calculted way then say, Sasha after losing Abraham. He could be of good use in a forthcoming war, having spent the most time outside the walls at Alexandria than anyone. His knowledge of the area could be massively useful (a similar purpose to that Jesus should serve at Hilltop). Has no real set-up for S7. Lucille grade: C

4. Sasha-is becoming happier. Thinking about a cozy future w/Abe. Has completed a story arc. Can either die now or begin another chapter. Is a woman. Lucille grade: D [Chance of death in S7 grade: A] [Chance of being shot for stepping out of the lineup if Abe is the LV: A-]

5. Rick- Main character of the series. Lucille Grade: F [Chance of being "mildly" beaten at line-up by Negan and hallucinating at that time: A]

6. Maggie-Built up to be preparing for leadership or "public relations" role between communities. Big build-up on fate of pregnancy which would be totally irrelevant if she's Lucilled, aside from cause of the trip - but i doubt they'de build up the fate of the baby without giving us the answer. Is a woman. Lucille Grade: D

7. Abe-Happiness/relationship build up with Sasha, thoughts of future. No other real story line at this time but would be an extremely good element to have around for a war, especially if Rosita ends up "on the other side" to any degree. especially especially if he loses Sasha. BUT at this time, really has no set-up for S7 story line. Lucille grade: B [Chance of death in S7 grade: A]

8. Michonne- Set up to be Ricks support and Carls mother figure, and based on her story w/Governor, we know she will want to take out Negan if it's plausible, and she doesn't feel they would lose more loved ones in the process. Has no real set-up for S7 story line. Is a woman. Lucille grade: D [Chance of S7 death: C]

9. Daryl- Has allowed himself to de-evolve, bent on revenge and repeatedly risking himself and inadvertently, his friends. He blames himself, and his allowing Dwight to live for everything involving the Saviors. He is in a pathetic place and seriously injured. He is blinded at this point, by his lust for Saviors/Dwight blood. After the beating it may be enough for him to attempt a suicide attack if he's not taken to the Sanctuary or killed directly. We saw a massive amount of set-up for an influential relationship with Dwight, that would have huge implications. However, the "place" in which he was left at the S6 finale would make it a massively powerful move to make him the victim AND his death would also work to drive plot involving Dwight. Lucille Grade: B [Chance of death in S7: A-]

10. Rosita- is yet to have a story line focus on her. Has been set up with a feeling of betrayal, loneliness and hurt (as a result of being abandoned by Abe and replaced by Sasha). Her persistence in accompanying Daryl to hunt Dwight indicates a switch, willing to risk herself to achieve a sense of purpose. She is a woman. She is very attractive. She acted completely docile during the line-up scene.
    Lucille Grade: F [Chance of S7 Death: B] [Chance she leaves the line-up clearing with Negan: A]

11. Glenn- Showed his understanding and compassion with Nicholas, and his great philosophy on what matters and why with Enid. He left a lot of messages. He attempted to save Heath's innocence through finalizing the surrender of the loss of his own when he murdered a second man immediately after the first. Along with the feelings the Lucille killing would stir in him, he could be set up to take a much more aggressive role and "forget" who he was over the course of the season. Any other story line going forward relies on the outcome of Maggies pregnancy. Other than that, his overall character has gone seemingly completely unchanged and his main drive and focus has also stayed the same. He has not been given any solid set-up of any kind for S7. His death as the LV would be massively impacting for every member of TF and completely drive multiple story lines. Lucille Grade: A-

*Extra* - Abe and Sasha dying in one scene is something they haven't done before and could be nearly as strong emotionally as that of Glenn or Daryl. So i consider Abecille+Sasha as likely as Abe.

So my conclusion based solely on this is (in order from most to least likely) -
    Glenn - Eugene - Abe/Abe+Sasha - Daryl

Please don't respond by saying Daryl is filming with Saviors. That is highly speculated but not totally confirmed.

zahira and CDCsuzy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.