1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Maggie: Should she have been out there? Yes or No?

Discussion in '6x12: Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 6, 2016.

1. DirtieBirdie

DirtieBirdie Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Here's a thought I had today about this. (I haven't had a lot of time this week to read posts so if it was already mentioned, I apologize).

Perhaps Carol was so adamant about Maggie for two reasons: the first being the fact that she wanted to protect Maggie from danger but the second could be because Carol didn't want to take part in any more killing and thought that by bringing it up with Rick and appealing to his protective nature, he would let her stay back with her and not partake in the bloodshed.

Her list and the comments she made to Rosita about Morgan made it seem as if she just couldn't take part in killing anymore. This was her way out without saying it.

2. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I definitely think Carol wanted to stay back. She's clearly not ready to go back full force into killing unless she absolutely has too.

I think she had just worked herself up to the point of being able to go into the compound and kill until she saw Maggie. Basically, seeing Maggie made her think about it again and made her kind of snap. She doesn't want Maggie out there because Maggie is putting herself in danger but also because Maggie makes her think about her own personal struggles and pain especially when it comes to killing and being a mother.

3. Nerdgasm

Nerdgasm Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Should she have been there? Absolutely not. It was dumb and reckless and a huge liability towards the group, herself, and that baby. But that's her choice. If it were me and I had the knowledge that I was pregnant in a zombie apocalypse you bet I wouldn't be like, "Well let me go in this mission where there's going to be a fight." You say you're building towards something you and Glenn, all excited about it, and then run face first into the first thing that could jeopardize that. I can't. But it's whatever. She's a grown woman and can handle herself. So I can't fault her for that.

But I'm more mad about this being a plot to kickstart the finale like Glenn looking at those photos in the same episode.

4. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yep Nicotero leave a lot of us shaking our heads with his directing choices. And people wonder why we all so confused most of the time.

5. HustleBunnee

HustleBunnee Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Hell naw she should not have been out there. Her main responsibility is her unborn child and it is up to HER to make sure she is not putting it in any danger. He going out there was reckless and stupid and down right selfish. Yes SHE is the one who negotiated with that Asshole Gregory and told them they would take out Negan and his gang o thugs, but she should have stayed her ass home.

I understand she wants to be useful, but you going out into this crap is not only putting yourself at danger but your child also. I thought she was being careless. She's a strong fighter, yes, but it would have been better to stay at ASZ and be useful there.