1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article Michael Cudlitz On Abraham’s Love Life, Bisquick Food Drives, and Spoiler Hounds (Yahoo)

Discussion in 'Abraham / Michael Cudlitz' started by Doctor Grimes, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Interview with Cudlitz from Yahoo TV.

Abraham had so many big, funny, and dramatic moments in Season 6. Did you feel like this was his best season ever?
    I think in Season 6, he had the most complete arc that he’s ever had. In the other seasons, I thought there were arcs, but they were arcs that only went over a couple of episodes. This was the most complete change in direction of Abraham’s ship and defining moments that would push him through to where he was headed next. With his ending his relationship with Rosita, with trying to define in his own head what his relationship was or wanted to be with Sasha… even if he couldn’t be with Sasha, he knew he still could not be with Rosita.

Then relinquishing that almost father role, caretaker role, with Eugene, knowing that Eugene had finally grown up. That wonderful scene in the [season finale], the scene where I said goodbye to Eugene and let him go, because he had finally turned into the soldier that he had always wanted to be. He was able to do something for the group that was completely outside of himself. I think it was a very, very hard moment for Abraham, but also a very proud moment, for him to see what Eugene had become. I think this show does that really well. It shows that people, generally speaking, will step up and do what they have to do when they have to do it.

It’s interesting what you just said about Abraham and Rosita, that even if Abraham hadn’t started a relationship with Sasha, even if he hadn’t pursued it or it hadn’t worked out, that he wasn’t going to stay with Rosita.
    Yeah, I think their relationship was one of convenience for both of them. I think there’s a very strong love there, but it has turned into almost a familial love. He’s seeing her less and less as a lover. You see that when he’s laying in bed. The sex is great, he’s not going to deny that, but he sees that she is so much more in love with him than he is with her. I think that hurts him, because he feels that she deserves better than him.

The way he broke up with Rosita seemed cold and abrupt, but was it the only way he could get through it?
    I think with his skill set, it was the only way he could do it. Look, he tried to say, “I’m leaving. It’s over.” She’s like, “Why? Why? Why? Why?” He just snaps, because he doesn’t have the words. He can’t explain it like I can explain it. It’s not part of who he is. It’s not in his makeup. He falls back to the only thing he can, which is, “If I’m really mean to her she’ll go away.” It’s brutal. It’s horrible. It’s mean. It’s probably the most wrong thing he could say, but it’s effective.​

Read the rest at Yahoo

Iguessiamhere and richonnelove like this.
  2. Jessica

Jessica Slopping Pigs
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  3. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thanks for posting. Some great insight from MC here, really can't wait to see what's in store for Abraham in season 7
    D: :gabe:

4. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Cudlitz is coming out with great interviews. I love reading his responses.

winter, Doctor Grimes and Kordas like this.
  5. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Cudlitz is such a nice dude. He's really one of their best at PR across the board, since he knows how to strategically fib about upcoming spoilers enough to throw most people off the trail, haha.

Jessica and Sasha's Living Room like this.