1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Michonne Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Michonne / Danai Gurira' started by KatanaQueen, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I get what you mean but she didn't know that Carl or Jesus were even there and Daryl spent most of his time locked in a cell.

As for being outnumbered the actual numbers do matter being outnumbered 100 to 1 is different than being outnumbered 1000 to 1. Most of them were too busy crying and fearing for their lives during the line-up to really take a headcount.

Michonne seemed to just want to do something period is what I got from her in episode 4. She just couldn't sit and be so yes maybe it wasn't the most informative mission but it did seem to be the least dangerous of them all.

2. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    I definitely respect everyone's thoughts on the purpose and or intent of Michonne's mission, but from a narrative point of view, the writers botched it. Personally I would have rather seen Michonne stay in the community and have 1:1 interaction with Negan. Like I said before, based on the number of run ins TF had with the Saviors and that there were a good amount of Saviors stationed at the outpost (not even the main compound), it should have been pretty obvious that they were outnumbered. The residents in Alexandria are just becoming acclimated to killing walkers, and there were mass casualties from the Wolves attack and the subsequent herd (numbers are low) The real fighters are all on TF, so yeah they're severely outnumbered and that should have been pretty obvious to everyone, including my girl Michonne.

#322 tuswig, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    nat_richonne and box5angel like this.
  3. Riko813

Riko813 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Yes they are severely outnumbered but its always good to know how severely outnumbered you are and where their outposts and main headquarters are. I think Michonne was on an intelligence gathering mission. She knew she was outnumbered but she needed to know by how much. She has never wavered from her resolve that she wants to fight the Saviors and as a good leader she needs to know the extent of the enemies forces.

lovingdead likes this.
  4. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I can u understand this but I think it would have been overkill. We've had Carl, Spencer, and Rosita have one on one with Negan. Maybe we will get that in 7B. I liked her mission. Going back to your previous post, I think Michonne in the car with her talking about what she was doing, I think the writers should have had red-headed savior behave a different way. It did seem a little odd at first. She was so blase about it. If she acted more like Fat Joey did with Daryl or added a different emotion, maybe Michonne wouldn't have looked foolish, in your opinion. I think she should have been directed a little differently. But I liked the scene nevertheless.

5. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    I wish this quest for Intel would've taken place before the group decided to attack the Saviors' outpost in season 6 but I digress...I will need to rewatch a few scenes, but I'm under the impression that her original intent was to kill Negan ("doing things her way" as she later said to Rick). If whatever information she gathered proves to be useful in 7b then I'm willing to gloss everything over, but I stand by what I said, as of right now the Michonne/Savior stuff was a waste of time.

nat_richonne likes this.
  6. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I noticed that too!

7. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

According to RD this is not the case and her info will be useful for TF. It should play out in 7B so I think it's too early to say who has thr better or most useful information. RD could be wrong but so far he's been pretty accurate with everything so far

8. Cousin Peaches

Cousin Peaches Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I think one of the main things Michonne was trying to learn is where Negan's headquarters is. She didn't know Carl was going to sneak on a Saviors truck at Hilltop. No one at ASZ or Hilltop knew where the Sanctuary was located. She was going to find out where the enemy is based, the lay of the land, as well as get an idea of how many Saviors there are. Michonne isn't stupid at all.

9. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Definitely information only.

ReeciePiecey likes this.
  10. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The mission was busy work they are saving her interaction with Negan for later. Possibly building tension. I honestly don't think until season 8 after Negan has found out about Richonne that there will be one on one interaction with Negan and Michonne.

vinivre likes this.
  11. epiath

epiath Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Michonne comin!!!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

She should try the "Twisted Nerve" whistle on the Saviours....

12. RixChix

RixChix Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    So, I'm gonna apologize ahead of time because I did not read all 17 pages of this thread yet to see if this has already been mentioned, but this thought crossed my mind earlier and I thought I would bring it up here to see what you guys think. Do you think that Michonne has celibate since Mike died, up until her and Rick hook up? Or do you think she may have hooked up with someone else in the 2 years or so between Mike dying and her and Rick on the couch? I was thinking about this because let's be honest, an uncivilized society would be a harsh place for a single woman roaming on her own, even a fierce a$$ katana queen like Michonne. So, do you think that she may have scratched that itch with any guys during that time? Maybe found a guy, but didn't stay with him? Or maybe found a guy, stayed with him, but maybe he died, or something happened to him? We just don't know much about what she was doing before she met Andrea in S3. Thoughts?

lovingdead likes this.
  13. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I don't think so. Michonne had serious trust issues. Andrea was the first person she was friendly with and she was even a bit closed off with her. I know sex doesn't have to mean closeness but I just can't see her wanting to let someone even touch her like that if there wasn't more considering all she went through. I'm sure she crossed the path of some unsavory men while alone so I'm sure she would be even less likely to think any man "safe" diring that time period. I also think by the way The floodgates of sexual tension opened during 6.10, I feel like she was just as chaste as Rick up until that point.

14. RixChix

Walker Pets:
    @lovingdead, i do remember how hard it was for her trust anyone....i was just thinking did she really roam all by herself after Mike's death, and until Andrea? I could see her befriending someone else, another man, maybe another guy from the refugee camp she was in in Atlanta...

15. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I think she was still grieving Mike and Andre until after the fall of the prison so I don't think she had any sexual relationships. She told Carl she was gone for a long time until people started bringing her back (Andrea, Rick and Carl) so up until then, she was still closed off physically and mentally to people.

16. Delightfully Thomi

Delightfully Thomi Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    This is a change of subject but I went into the how the series will end thread and got all sad thinking about my favorite couple dying so I decided to cheer myself up by complaining about how lucky Michonne is to have been in love with two aesthetically pleasing men for example Mike
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

and of course Rick Grimes
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:ripme::hump::hearts:

I can conclude that Michonne is just plain greedy and this heffa has impeccable taste in men LOL! anyway these pictures cheered me up! I hope it lifts the spirits of others too! (I don't know if this post belongs in the thread sorry if I made a mistake)

17. LavenderNight

LavenderNight Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh well, HOT DAMN! :hot::hot:

18. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Only the best for our Queen.

19. RixChix

Walker Pets:

YASSSSSSSS! WHEW!

20. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I don't think so RixChix in part because of the timeline. Michonne was actually alone for no more than 2-4 months before meeting Andrea (The time from Rick getting shot to end of season 2 was about 4 months) and we know Andrea would have mentioned it if they had come across some guy.

Delightfully Thomi likes this.