1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Compilation Michonne

Discussion in '6x09: No Way Out' started by vaberella, Feb 14, 2016.

1. vaberella

vaberella Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I am so done with these reviewers. Some of you know that I had a lot of issues with reviewers and the fact they seemed dismissive of Michonne. I heard writer after writer talking about Denise and Rick in this episode. I heard people mention Father Gabriel, Glenn and even the Threesome over and over and over again. They even talked about Carol, and I found her ineffectual and annoying in this episode. It was getting irritating because I heard nothing about Michonne. It bothered me so much that I was not looking forward to the ep. I was debating on not watching it live because of it. She's my favorite character and yet, she's not seen as significant in the story.

This was all verified tonight. While watching the episode, Michonne was breathtaking. She saved Rick and Carl. The look on her face when Carl was hurt. The look on her face when Rick okayed Judith with Gabriel. The look on her face, and the anxiety in her voice when she saw Rick go out there. I loved her being torn between Rick and Carl. Those are both her boys. I loved when she was running through Zombie after Zombie to get Carl to the house. To see her holding baby Judith at the end, it was too much. How could they just forget about her? How could she not have seemed as important? How in the fuck did Denise get more recognition in the memory banks of the reviewers than Michone? How in the hell did Carol? It boggles my mind and it disgusts.

I am so pissed by these reviewers. I swear to you all, I don't want to see it as something racial and sexist. But I am telling you that I am. She was the second most profound character on the show and she was dismissed and ignored. I can't stand this. I am very frustrated.

[​IMG]
    On the flip side. Richonne and Grimes Family 2.0 was in full effect. If you're not shipping Richonne after the show, then you're not watching The Walking Dead. By the way, when I'm a mom, I'd like to be a mom like that. Although my kids (teacher here) would be like...Miss that's so you.

[​IMG]

2. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Michonne was the highlight of this episode.

I don't really read reviews much but I read some for this episode and honestly they should have been flooded with Michonne and Danai praise. These people are determined to not recognize her excellence but I'm not even bothered because Michonne is still a fan favourite and Danai continues to build on her success.

3. forevermichonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, I've said this in the live thread but Michonne gives me so much hope for the show. She saves every single episode for me, not that it had to be saved because it was pretty good, but she always adds. Even when reviewers overlook her I'm left in awe of her energy every single time she's on screen.

4. vaberella

vaberella Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I don't understand why they are ignoring her. It makes no sense. What more did she need to do? Have a wardrobe malfunction?

DirtieBirdie likes this.
  5. DirtieBirdie

DirtieBirdie Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Aside from Carl and Judith, there's not a lot
    of Michonnne love going around. These stupid adults need to realize what the insightful children have known all along. That without Chonne saving all of their asses time and time again, they'd be Walker meat.

6. birdnmouse

birdnmouse Guest

Michonne was amazing tonight. What bugs is all the talk about Rick's heart wrenching decision to chop Jessie...Jessie who was already dead and about to get his son killed. No brainer.

How about the real heart wrenching decision to kill a very much alive teenage boy aiming a gun at your adopted family? Still a no brainer and completely in character for Michonne, but I'd argue her act trumps Rick's, and it's being glossed over. So interesting...

7. humanwonderland

humanwonderland Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    Michonne was my favorite part of the episode. Her concern for Judith when Father Gabriel was going to take her back to the church, her painful decision to kill a teenage boy because he was a threat to her family, and her intensity as she cut through a herd to make way for Rick to carry a shot-in-the-face Carl to Denise; the emotion on her face killed me in that scene. And then the little things like kissing Carl's forehead before heading out to help Rick clear the herd because she was concerned for him and knew he couldn't do it alone, to holding Judith outside of Carl's room. Michonne is important in this episode, especially to the Grimes boys and it really, really irritates me that she's being glossed over. I'll stop myself here before going on a tangent. lol

#7 humanwonderland, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Michele, CrownRoyale and LunaFall like this.
  8. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Michonne was the MVP of the episode. I loved every moment she had. Once a mother, always a mother as Michonne displayed time and time again. She did what she had to do under extreme pressure and it was wonderful. While there were some missteps in the episode overall, none of it touched our girl and she really was the shining star. The gifs in my signature speak to what touched me the most. Her love for those kids is unconditional and steadfast and she will do anything for them.

Rick has some catching up to do but his bedside speech was very encouraging. He's finally cut the ties to his past away, is hopeful for the first time since before the world ended and he's going to be able to step out into the light with Michonne.

Last night's episode was basically the end of 6a. 6b begins next week. And that's when the good stuff will start happening!

9. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yes, very weird indeed. How many times is this that Michonne has saved Rick's bacon? Um, I've lost count. But that was the saving grace for me was Michonne in Mama Bear mode all throughout that episode from start to finish. I saw the one article that said she and AL were standouts, but that's it. I just got up, so I haven't had a chance to read through the interviews yet, but if what you're saying is true that they're ignoring her again, it just makes my head hurt. And, yes, how does Carol who really was minimally featured and Denise get more shine. I don't know what that's about. I really don't.
    [​IMG]

Michele and ThinkingOutLoud like this.
  10. NotAScientist

NotAScientist Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I thought Michonne was awesome last night and my favorite moment was when she kissed Carl's forehead. She was so attentive to the kids and I was devastated for her when she had to kill Ron. She did a great job and definitely should get recognition for it.

11. ThinkingOutLoud

ThinkingOutLoud Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    I haven't read a lot of reviews. I actually read one (X) - which essentially ignored Michonne's performance. And deserved a side-eye

[​IMG]

Good thing that Danai did a lot of live interviews leading to MSP and she got to talk about Michonne some. She's still doing interviews as she was on 'Live with Kelly and Michael' this morning and probably she has others coming up in the week. It will be interesting to see what the reviewers give us after 6.10. given the fact that Danai will be on TTD. We know being a guest on TTD almost always means that the character was featured prominently in a given episode. Time will tell.

#11 ThinkingOutLoud, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Bazooka Jane likes this.
  12. LaToya78

LaToya78 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I agree i got annoyed when on other social media sites all people seemed to talked about was Daryl and the rpg it was Michonne who stood out to me from the time Carl got shot and the anguish on her face while clearing the way for Rick to her panicking when rick walked out the door you could see it in her face and hear it in her voice she was on the verge of losing it

Michele and Skybound like this.