1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta More Stuff in S7.E4

Discussion in '7x04: Service' started by Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Thanks, but even if it doesn't I enjoy this. But truthfully it is all Gimple.

2. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So true, lol! It all makes sense to me and would make perfectly good sense that this is the case because there was a ton of stuff at the outpost and what did happen to it? But we know how sometimes what makes sense doesn't always translate to the screen in TWDD:. Let's hope this time it does. That would be a great plan and will show that Rick is still a boss and was just biding his time.

#22 walkinggirl26, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  3. CDCsuzy

CDCsuzy You will, I will
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I agree with this 1000% @Barbarossa-TWD. Rick is too good of a strategist and survivor not to have thought out possible scenarios and prepared for them. He probably didn't have enough time to be as prepared as he would have liked to be, but I'm sure he did plan. Awesome insight! and breakdown/ observations!!!

Sharei, MrsG, lovingdead and 2 others like this.
  4. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

You have to remember that they didn't know that other communities even existed until they met Jesus. They went to Hilltop and just assumed that all communities were small like theirs and Hilltop. Abe, Sasha and Daryl had already taken out a dozen of them on the motorcycles so looking at it from Rick's point of view their chances of success were excellent. Michonne is the only one rang an alarm bell because she couldn't put a face on Negan. Jesus and Gregory even thought that the satellite compound was Negan's base camp.

Rick is now being smart and trying to get a clearer picture of what he is up against.

This scene was so poetic. Literally Rick could not see the danger in front of him. He was dependent on Negan to guide him to safety and to keep him safe.
    Until this Fog clears Rick is absolutely right about staying put. He has to get to high ground to get a full perspective of the entire situation.

S7.E1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#24 Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  5. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

The Savior raid was around two weeks ago, not three days so with a community of 50 people who don't produce any of their own food, I imagine they go through it pretty quickly. The guns were voluntarily handed over..even the ones the Savior ones because that was Rick's choice and the creepy Savior guy took all of thr medicine. The BTS for this episode has the EPs, Andy and Danai interviews and they discuss how TF and Rick in particular have no plans or strategy atm and that Rick isn't playing a long game.

SickofShadows likes this.
  6. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, the three days was since the line up

From ASZ

Maggie: We just started planting.
    Gregory: Planting what?
    Maggie: Cucumbers, tomatoes.
    Gregory: Oh, crops-- soy, corn, hemp, sorghum.
    Maggie: Garden stuff.
    From the Hilltop
    S6.E12
    Rick: Get Olivia. She should inventory what we have. We'll meet her at the pantry.
    Sasha: You have food?
    Michonne: Yeah. Enough for another month.

From the Satellite compound

S6.E11
    Rick: Guards outside?
    Andy: Yeah, two of them, at least.
    Michonne: And you don't know how many people they have?
    Andy: No. Uh, I mean, no. I saw a place where they stored food. It wasn't that big, so...
    Rick: You've been inside?
    Andy: Yeah. They had us load in supplies one time.
    [​IMG]

This was the state of their pantry three days before the line up:

[​IMG]
    Twice as Far S6.E14

[​IMG]
    Twice as Far S6.E14

[​IMG]
    East S6.E15

[​IMG]
    East S6.E15

It is definitely NOT show the food they got from the satellite compound.

ReeciePiecey likes this.
  7. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Andy (Hilltop Andy) says the place where they stored food wasn't that big, they probably didn't get much. The bulk of the food the Alexandrians got was from hilltop, that's why Michonne says "Jesus came through". Rick wouldn't hide food anyway, he shamed Spencer for it.

8. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I read that as the compound wasn't that big and Rick said "they all did" as in not just Jesus came thru.

As for other hidden thangs Rick knew that Michonne's rifle wasn't on the inventory list.

9. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

"They all did" (all of Hilltop) came through. Jesus, Andy, the farmers etc from HT all came through with food for Asz.

Rick knew about the rifle, that's why he asked if Michonne hid more but she didn't. He would have turned those over too if she had.

10. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yunno, I like analysing the information given and then seeing if I'm on the right track. I like the process of critical thinking. I like deconstructing plots. I like seeing how intricately Gimple has woven this story over several seasons. I like how this production throws in the kitchen sink into every episode using everything at their disposal to tell the story, camera angles, wardrobe, symbolism , myths, decor, dialogue etc.

I like seeing how close I get it right to the actual production.

lovingdead likes this.
  11. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

Just realising how many times we have seen guns buried:

[​IMG]
    S4.E1
    This is when the idea was "planted" to bury or hide guns. When I first saw this I imagined a prisoner burying this gun waiting for his opportunity to make an escape.
    [​IMG]
    S4.E16
    Before Rick enters Terminus he buries his sack of guns.
    As an aside here is another example that Rick is a natural strategist. Abraham is suppose to be the military guy but he had a crew the size of Rick's and he lost them all accept Eugene and Rosita. It must also be noted the Abe lead this crew directly into Terminus's trap.

[​IMG]
    S5.E11
    Again before going into ASZ Rick leaves a gun for insurance. But this gun went missing and somehow ended up unknowing to Rick with Nicholas. Therefore, this is why I think has guns hidden inside ASZ.

S6.E15
    Everything we need is right here inside these walls.

I just can not see Rick NOT hiding guns, it against his nature.

ReeciePiecey and grimesfan2501 like this.