1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Live Viewing "No Way Out" (6x09) Live Viewing Thread

Discussion in '6x09: No Way Out' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 8, 2016.

1. BloodyKatana

BloodyKatana Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Ikr!

As a shipper, I've come to the conclusion that even though Richonne was a good idea before that right now Rick doesn't deserve her. Like at all. Not even a little bit. Michonne does all the work and gets what? A nod after killing a child?

My guess is you didn't like it because there is the shipper part of you and there is the Michonne fan part of you. And the Michonne fan part is putting her foot down.

Michele, tuswig, Shae32 and 6 others like this.
  2. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    IA. When I first saw it, I was like, wth? But listening to Rick at Carl's bedside when he said that something had been missing since before he woke up in the hospital from his coma, he seemed hopeful and moving on. He wasn't sad or mournful. I don't think he or Michonne are going to be mourning over what they had to do to make sure that their son Carl lived. That's just the way it is with those two, and anyone that gets in the way of that is going to lose, which is a nice callback to what Rick told Merle on that roof in Season 1.

I've been perusing some of the social media sites just to see what people were saying, and the majority of Richonners are not salty and even the naysayers and haters, although they hate it, see this as the green light for Richonne to happen. Don't know if it's going to happen in 6b, but those two are endgame, and it's more obvious now than ever. And all I've got to say is don't mess with Michonne's babies.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I think michonne will help spencer not try and kill himself. I don't see them having sex in the episode.

Michele, tuswig, michonne and 5 others like this.
  4. Lilly965

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I think this will be addressed. We could get the comic book scene with Michonne telling Rick he treats her like a weapon. I also think at some point in the flash forward she will move out for a while.

This will lead to good Richonne for us later on.

Michele, tuswig, mrc110 and 3 others like this.
  5. Lickidesplit

Lickidesplit P.I.T.A
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Michonne is the new Andrea. The Jessie arc and now the possible brief fling with Spencer. Yeah, by episode 16 Richonne will set sail. Who gives a flying turd if Rick was with Jessie 1st.

6. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I just don't see how this episode proved Jessie means anything to Rick. She just died and Rick's reaction is to feel hopefull. Compare that to his full season of hallucinating after Lori died and it just doesn't measure up.

One thing I do agree with though is that Rick just doesn't value Michonne enough. I really need Michonne to call him out on his bullshit soon.

7. Lilly965

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I really wouldn't worry about critics. Not to be racist but these are middle aged white men. When they write these articles they are writing for those who look like them and think like them. Most of these men proberly think the kardashians are exotic. Of course these men see Jessie as first choice she represents their ideals, they don't want to see rick with someone that can hold her own, it threatens their world view of male/female dynamics .

So pay no attention!

8. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yep. Bingo. I think we had some hella high expectations, and it didn't quite pan out the way we had hoped. And not that I was expecting Rick and Michonne to do the do or anything, but just from the spoilers I expected some Richonne moments, but I'm good because I think we're still on track. I'm not sure if it'll be 6b still or 7a, but I still believe that Richonne is happening. But we still got some great Carchonnne moments and even a Judchonne moment and Michonne being her usual badass self to protect her family. Rick's bedside speech to Carl gives me hope that he's finally waking the hell up. He didn't mention Supercuts, and he's not wearing his ring the next episode, so I think he's moving on realizing that you can't go back, Bob, and he needs to start living in the here and now.

And as far as the montage, I was salty when I first saw it, but now thinking about it, as we know with SG, everything has a reason, and that they didn't add the party cheek kiss nor the garage kiss spoke volumes to me. So she served her purpose, and we're moving on. Nothing to see here anymore. I'm just really glad that the Andersons, yes, every last freaking one of them, has been wiped from the universe.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    So I just caught up with this thread that I couldn't participate in during the viewing because of my stupid internet problems and I'm going to give my opinions...

1) The montage - I didn't like it (no surprise there). I did take it as a sort of confirmation that Rick had legit feelings for Jessie. I still don't think they were deep. And no, @Doctor Grimes, I definitely don't think he loved her. But I don't think the Lori/Jessie proxy was a thing. This montage gave me the feeling that Rick liked Jessie just because. Just because she was there, blonde, and pretty (apparently her being married didn't matter). And that's disappointing af. I wanted an explanation about his feelings for her in this episode, but since we didn't get it I don't think we're ever going to. And I hope we don't. If he brings her up again, it may come off that he's "mourning" her. I don't trust the writers enough to want him to bring her up now. And I do think the flashbacks being doused in red was him closing the book on it all.
    But most of all, the flashbacks (apparently) were just some random experimental filmmaking crap that Gimple and Nicotero was trying to pull. They need to stop. Experimental filmmaking is for people who can actually pull it off - not dumbasses.

2) The chop scene sucked overall and everything was oddly paced and pieced together!

3) Spencer and Michonne - No. He can show interest in her or flirt with her, but I don't want her to reciprocate. If Michonne shows interest in a weasel like Spencer, I will lose respect for her and SERIOUSLY question her judgment which I have never questioned before. I think she'll mostly just be acting as mentor to him (which is also annoying af). Give Michonne real stuff to do please!!!

4) Rick needs to show Michonne some appreciation NOW. Or at least someone does!!!

5) Loved Michonne kissing Carl on the forehead; loved her holding Judith; loved Denise getting her shit together to take care of Carl; loved Father Gabriel getting ready to go out and fight some walkers - his faith fully intact

6) Rick gave Michonne a nod when she killed Ron. He gave her a nod when she came out to help him in the herd. [​IMG] If she takes a bullet for him, is he just going to nod at her corpse?

7) Enid needs to die; Rosita is a bitch; Glenn and Maggie do the same old routine; Daryl is never going to stop being a redneck superhero.

8) Just because we know Abe and Sasha are attracted to each other, must we pretend that they're suddenly deeply in love now?

9) THERE WAS NO RICHONNE VS. THE HERD!!! Michonne, Heath, and Spencer all went out there at the same time! [​IMG]

10) Carol is getting annoying.

11) I'm not even sure Richonne is going to happen anymore.

12) I hate this fucking show, but I have to see good things happen for Michonne so I can't quit it.

[​IMG]

Michele, tuswig, Bazooka Jane and 6 others like this.
  10. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I agree, I felt his rage was because of Carl being shot. He gave Michonne a thankful nod after she impaled Ron so he clearly wasn't too broken up about Jessie's death. I think the red flashes represented his infatuation for her being stripped away, he's finally snapping out of it and needs to save his son.

11. DirtieBirdie

DirtieBirdie Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Seriously, this! What will it take for Rick to acknowledge all that she has done for him? It can't be offscreen, or just nods anymore. There needs to be a heart-to-heart conversation where he THANKS her for risking her life for him and his children time after time after time. I'm sure we'll see FG get more recognition than she will. Michonne is a person, not a killing machine a la Terminator.

I love Rick, but right now, I feel like slapping him upside the head and telling him "wake up!" I should have felt more emotion when he was speaking to Carl at the end, but my heart was hurting more for Mommy Michonne. But the positive that I can take away from this episode is that it highlighted the major contrast between the parenting skills of Scissorhands vs. Michonne. (Also the acting skills of AB vs. DG.) Michonne actually stepped up when her boy was injured. She took action.

Rick has a lot of work to do before Richonne happens (and I do want it to happen). She deserves the best Rick possible. I ❤️ Michonne so much.

#831 DirtieBirdie, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Michele, Shae32, tuswig and 4 others like this.
  12. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I'm glad you posted this because I was trying to put my finger on what that montage reminded me of, and then I read the part about being inspired by 70's horror films. Am I the only one that got an Amityville Horror feel from it. It's not from the 70's but I also thought of The Shining.

Bazooka Jane and forevermichonne like this.
  13. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    At least his arms are hot as hell.

tuswig and mrc110 like this.
  14. mrc110

mrc110 Watchtower Sniper
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    If Michonne is the one that pursues Rick instead of Rick pursuing Michonne, I will "I see red. I see red. Everything is red. Everything I see is red". I honestly will not be able to watch it

15. mrc110

mrc110 Watchtower Sniper
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    It will be great if Michonne moves out. I think Rick and Michonne need some space. Maybe Rick will start thinking with his head instead of his dick. I read a fanfiction where Michonne moved out and Carl/Judith chose to move in with Michonne instead of staying with Rick. When I read that story I was like "Ugh" but I am starting to like that story now

#835 mrc110, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Michele and forevermichonne like this.
  16. michonne

michonne Protecting Glenn Rhee
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I kinda hate that all these people are like, "Jessie is dead... Rick and Michonne????? Will they find love????? Even though I've never been on this ship before and I thought Jessick was 4ever but now she's dead so maybe Rick will love Michonne since she's left? #Richonne4Ever"

Apparently I'm salty too I'll see myself out.

17. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    DG on Kelly and Michael this morning:)

tuswig likes this.
  18. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    He's on AMC's payroll. It's his job to be TWD's cheerleader.

19. HitchFanatic

HitchFanatic Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    Yeah everything happened so fast. I think the montage was more to do with regret at innocence/naivete being lost (again) in this world. I feel that if anything we could have had flashes of the kisses of death shared between Rick and Jessie, but no. They were just images of her face, smiling. In that moment the illusion died. And moving swiftly on ...

20. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm the same. The fact the media is now like, "Oh, hey, Michonne is still alive. Maybe she and Rick will get together now that the love of Rick's life is dead!"

It's really pushing the mentality I feared: Michonne is gonna look like the second pickings.

Michele, CrownRoyale, vinivre and 2 others like this.