1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Live Viewing "No Way Out" (6x09) Live Viewing Thread

Discussion in '6x09: No Way Out' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 8, 2016.

1. DirtieBirdie

DirtieBirdie Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Can we talk about Rick's plan? I love Rick, I will always love Rick, but his decision making skills have been less than stellar since they arrived at the ASZ.

You mean to tell me that everyone thought his new plan was a good one? If you need drivers, how about taking all the children to the church or I don't know, one of the many houses where people seem to be alive and well and hiding out? Then, you leave said children (with a trusted adult or two) and swap them out with a few more capable adult drivers like Aaron, Heath, or ANYONE else except the terrorized, abused children of the woman you've supposedly formed a connection with.

Walking all the way to quarry was a much safer plan then heading to the nearest house and dropping off the kids?? Huh???

#861 DirtieBirdie, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. raramama

raramama Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    True, but honestly. ALL the adults failed those kids. He can't think of everything and for everyone. As a mom Jessie should have pushed her brain to think harder and figured out something for her kids.

That scene was a disappointment. Instead of the fast-paced, confused situation that lead to tragedy I was expecting. We got that slow-weird-paced mess where all of that could have been prevented. It was tragic for the wrong reasons. Only Michonne's kill redeem it somewhat for me.

Still mad about Carl's eye.

#862 raramama, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Mousey, CrownRoyale and thehollow like this.
  3. DirtieBirdie

DirtieBirdie Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Agreed, that's why I was upset that the adults went along with it, specifically Jessie. Maybe she was terrified and didn't want to leave Rick's side, but I would never have agreed to trek to the quarry with my two traumatized kids. I realize it was all to set up the chop, and I realize that in dire circumstances people are not always going to make the right call, but this one was idiotic. But I nitpick too much.

raramama likes this.
  4. raramama

raramama Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    No. I think you have legitimate concerns and made good points.
    This show sometimes, man.

5. katana-n-me

katana-n-me Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Here's my take...

Overall, I think the episode was okay. I did like it but like a lot of ya'll I felt underwhelmed at times and kinda wished I didn't read the spoilers and with that am considering going spoiler free.

The Bad:
    That damn montage- Like...so annoying and unnecessary. I'm not angry about it though. I didn't see it as Rick being in love and losing his love and all that, because if it was like that then they would have shown more romantic/intimate moments of them together. But I can see how some see it differently. And like I said it was annoying as hell. This was the worst of the episode for me.

The whole chop sequence- A let down. It seemed to be going slow, not fast as reviewers put it. It didn't flow well at all. The only person I felt bad for was Sam.

The tag teams-The Wolf/Denise and Glenn/Enid, some of that could've been cut out. I did get emotional when Glenn was naming off the lost loved ones though.

The Good:
    Community effort-They had me all in my feels when they could hear Rick fighting the heard and little by little decided to join in the fight too. It was beautiful.
    Eugene and Fr. Gabriel-I'm so proud of them both. Fr. Gabriel had me jumping out my bed and clapping and having a holy ghost moment when he told Tobin that God gives them the courage to save themselves. YOU. SAY. THAT! The Lord works threw you! You betta preach that word Fr. Gabriel!
    The lake of fire-I actually liked it lol.
    Michonne-MICHONNE ALL DAY ERRDAY. THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY THAT HASN'T ALREADY BEEN SAID BUT WHEN SHE KISSED CARL OMG! AND HELD JUDITH OMG! AND JUST LIKE PROTECTED WHAT WAS HERS OMG!!!! THERE IS NO ONE LIKE HER! I LOVE HER!

Other stuff:
    Rick-*shrugs*...I guess. I'm not mad at him. Andy acted his butt off during the bedside scene.
    Carol-....Girl.... that's all I got on that one.
    Sabe- Meh...I guess. But wait, Abe was hilarious when he saved Glenn though which reminds me...
    Glenn-if they don't quit playing with my emotions when it comes to this man, I'm taking a trip to TWD corporate offices.
    Richonne- I'm not concerned...yet. I don't think this episode gave enough for us to know where they could be headed as far as how they go about Richonne canonization, but I understand those who are worried. You all make valid points. Hopefully these next couple of episodes will shed more light before we know if we need to riot or squee.

Eta: Denise! I forgot about her! She had me jumping up too when she got her ish together. You go girl!

Michele and vinivre like this.
  6. SoleilMoonGoddess

SoleilMoonGoddess Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Great episode. The chop chop was my favorite part. I wish Carl hadn't been shot though.

Eugene and Gabriel finally manned up. Its about time!!

I might be in the minority but I liked the wolf. I wish they hadn't killed him.

Enid is just blah. She adds nothing to the show.

The Alexandrians finally showed that they are useful. I liked the scene where everyone was out there fighting the walkers.

Now watch the next few episodes be boring AF. Lol

7. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    They showed this on Talking Dead but Major Dodson RT'd it and I had to share if you hadn't seen it either because it slays me:

[​IMG]

Rick down there at the bottom absolutely MAKES this image for me, lmao. Bless that man.