1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article Norman Reedus Rep Denies He's Pressuring The Walking Dead To Expand Daryl & Negan's Roles

Discussion in 'Daryl / Norman Reedus' started by SweetDee85, Apr 24, 2016.

1. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    According to Star, an American tabloid magazine, recently reported that Norman Reedus, the actor who portray Daryl Dixon on The Walking Dead, “lobbied hard" to get his pal Jeffrey Dean Morgan the role of Negan and "is now putting pressure on producers to beef up" both of their roles next season.

Could there be any truth to this report? “As usual with Star, this story is complete nonsense,” a spokesperson for Reedus told Gossip Cop. “Norman has absolutely nothing to do with the casting or storylines on the show. He has strong friendships with Andrew, Steven and Jeffrey, and is thrilled to work with them all as much as humanly possible.”

“We would have given the same quote to Star, if they bothered to call us to fact check,” the rep added.

http://comicbook.com/2016/04/24/norman-reedus-rep-denies-hes-pressuring-the-walking-dead-to-expa/

Take this all with a grain of :salt:. Let the speculation begin. :rickgrin:

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  2. SweetDee85

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'll just add this to my list of rage. :lol:

3. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well I'm pretty sure Star is a total nonsense "magazine" but saying NR has nothing to do with storylines is total and complete bullshit.

4. SweetDee85

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The original article from Gossip Cop expounds:

Norman Reedus is NOT pressuring the producers of “The Walking Dead” to make his character Daryl and Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s Negan the focus of the show, despite a report. Gossip Cop can exclusively correct the story, which falsely claims the actors’ “bromance” is “bugging” the show’s cast.

According to Star, “The cast of ‘The Walking Dead’ is starting to realize that the biggest threat of all” isn’t zombies, but “behind the cameras” now that Morgan has joined the series. It’s alleged Reedus “lobbied hard to get his pal a part on the show and is now putting pressure on producers to beef up Morgan’s role at the expense of his castmates.”

“Norman is the fan favorite, and he’s using that to his advantage with the writers,” a so-called “AMC spy” claims. “He was instrumental in getting Jeffrey added to the show, and he wants next season to center around their characters — and if that means zombies kill of Rick [Andrew Lincoln] or Glenn [Stephen Yeun], so be it.”

Tellingly, this piece conveniently fails to mention that Morgan’s character Negan is already integral to the plot from the comic book version, and will continue to play a major role in the TV adaptation’s upcoming seventh season. Reedus needn’t have to lobby for more screen time for his friend or himself. And he isn’t.

A rep for Reedus exclusively tells Gossip Cop,“As usual with Star, this story is complete nonsense. Norman has absolutely nothing to do with the casting or storylines on the show. He has strong friendships with Andrew, Steven and Jeffrey, and is thrilled to work with them all as much as humanly possible.”

The spokesperson adds, “We would have given the same quote to Star, if they bothered to call us to fact check.” Burn!

http://www.gossipcop.com/norman-ree...ducers-focus-daryl-negan-jeffrey-dean-morgan/

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  5. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]
    Why did I laugh so hard when I saw this image as the cover of their story?

tuswig, Katbird, Michele and 8 others like this.
  6. SweetDee85

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree because am sure as hell he has input. Smh.

And while this may be a tabloid, this paragraph...I think some of it rings true:

“Norman is the fan favorite, and he’s using that to his advantage with the writers,” a so-called “AMC spy” claims. “He was instrumental in getting Jeffrey added to the show, and he wants next season to center around their characters — and if that means zombies kill of Rick [Andrew Lincoln] or Glenn [Stephen Yeun], so be it.”

Many of us have speculated about it.:dalewtf:

7. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    All the actors have input, don't they? Danai and Andy helped put Richonne together and I know Norman stopped Daryl from being written as a drug addict. Sarah WC and Melissa stopped Carol from dying in S3. Any others?

Minty, Jenna Alaki and DixonGrimes like this.
  8. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
  9. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wonder if all our spec over here is what prompted this release. :lol:

10. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is what I thought. Someone feeding off our fear and constructing this story as a cruel prank. It's all coincidental probably, but still. :daleeye:

Stop it. My sides hurt from laughing too hard :negan:

Katbird and Doctor Grimes like this.
  11. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Could have nothing to do with Norman and could be coming from other cast, execs or writers. Hard to tell with tabloid stories but there is usually a kernel of truth somewhere.

What it says to me is that somebody isn't happy. With the finale disaster, I expect there to be more trouble behind the scenes....once the audience and critics turn on a show, the people on the show start turning on each other.

tuswig and Bazooka Jane like this.
  12. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Weird that he would even bother having a rep send out a statement for something like this, something is up.

13. Iguessiamhere

Iguessiamhere Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron

Walker Pets:

I hope not. I want a friendly atmosphere for actors to work. If they happy at the job the better the performance.

Canuckgirl and Danaisbestie like this.
  14. Lennykae

Lennykae Scott Gimple is the Janet Evanovich of TV.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    **moderates self bc I don't want to get in trouble**

I'm just....so.....tired.

Those are pretty specific denials if they are baseless. :|

15. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I bet it's not true; that all seems like too much work for Norman lol. If anything, he probably mentioned JDM to Gimple, though I bet JDM was already in their sights for Negan. However, if Daryl gets a bit of Carl's story line with Negan, then I will get suspicious...

I hope the cast keep being tight forever, but I cannot wait for the tell-all that some disgruntled AMC employee is going to write about this show. I just know all the drama is back in LA!

16. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I don't think Norman got JDM on board, Kirkman and all of them wanted JDM...he really is perfect for the role. I'm just saying when shit hits the fan, people start pointing fingers and talking behind each other's backs. There could be someone mad that Norman is getting so much shine...he has his new show, he most likely will survive lucille and maybe they wanted to feed a story to the press to humble him a bit. It happens all the time and NR doesn't shy away from his fame and popularity, he feeds into it. He's bound to make enemies.

17. SweetDee85

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Something is definitely fishy. For this to come out now. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

18. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Probably because Daryl is getting Carl's arc like we all predicted. :lol:

Maybe this site is beginning to cause some waves.

Lilly965 likes this.
  19. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm gonna say this and take the hate.

Daryl will get Carls Negan storyline

Ive never believed Norman is as liked by the cast and crew as we are made to believe

Norman is lucky Andy is humble, kind and not a media whore or he would be non exsitant and he know it.

My rage talking right now I may change my mind in a hour

Michele and Lennykae like this.
  20. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Why do you think the cast doesn't like him?