1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article Norman Reedus Rep Denies He's Pressuring The Walking Dead To Expand Daryl & Negan's Roles

Discussion in 'Daryl / Norman Reedus' started by SweetDee85, Apr 24, 2016.

1. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh ya right, he does, doesn't he

[​IMG]

:negan:

michonne, Katbird and Doctor Grimes like this.
  2. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I believe in my OP, it was clearly stated to take this article with a grain of salt. The story was debunked by Gossip Cop but it was TWD news which is why I made a post about it. I don't think anyone is saying Norman is an evil human being. I'm not sure where that came from.

3. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I believe Daryl will never die...not while AMC likes making billions of dollars off him :)

Daryl doesn't deserve to die. I don't go in the thread bc i completely believe he will live..and I could show say every reason why he's safe but if people don't like him they will find a reason to debunk it lol. Normans in GA (he brought his pets which he only does during long stays) and his body double is in GA, it's happening, he's gonna live. I was thinking about In the Claimers scene Daryl telling Joe to essentially kill him but leave Rick, Michonne, Carl alone...hes a really good guy. Willing to sacrifice himself/die for them? I guess I just don't understand if someone is a Rick fan but hates Daryl when Daryl would do literally anything in the world for Rick. I don't think I'll ever understand why people hate him lol. He's perfect to me :)

Katbird and Tisha Grimes like this.
  4. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He is pretty perfect to me too!!!!

Katbird, yuna and DixonGrimes like this.
  5. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I don't want ANY of this to be true. I am a huge fan of Daryl/Norman Reedus. I know he has many detractors, but I am not one of them. It would not make sense for him to sow discord among the cast and jeopardize the popularity of his character...he gets enough hate without contributing to it by what could be called humiliating his fellow cast members...I know it's Hollywood and all, but that would be bad form.

DixonGrimes likes this.
  6. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    According to Gawker, Star is the most inaccurate American tabloid out of all the ones they profiled (which were US Weekly, Life & Style, In Touch, OK!, and Star). US Weekly was the most accurate.

Here's what they said about Star.

Star
    9% Cover Accuracy, 12% Overall Accuracy

With less than 10 percent of the stories appearing on its covers turning out to be true, Star tied for last place on our list. Although it had some successes—such as correctly reporting Eminem's reconciliation with Kim Mathers and Tea Leoni's reconciliation with David Duchovny—myriadStar stories turned out to be false, including at least 25 celebrity pregnancy takes and several stories about Tom Cruise and Kate Holmes breaking up.

Soooo... yeah.

#46 Doctor Grimes, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  7. SweetDee85

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well well well. Maybe there was some "truth" to some of the points of this article after all. :daleeye:

8. FLNatural

FLNatural Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    Oh man, Garrett Dillahunt would have been perfect! That guy is so menacing and scary in all his roles. He's handsome without being "pretty". And he size helps. That is a very large man. I love Tim Olyphant, but he's a little too pretty to play Negan. I put JDM in the same boat as Tim. I was completely bored and unbothered by his diatribe at the end of the season finale. He's just doesn't come across as someone you would be scared of on sight. It's like they tailored the scene and the character to fit JDM when it should have been the other way around.

tuswig and DixonGrimes like this.
  9. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't think it was NR who put the bug in anyone's ear. JDM is an avid comic reader and loves TWD. He has also been to a few Comic Cons and has been friends with NR for a while. I believe this is AMC trying to keep the fans, and lets face it NR has over 2.5 million twitter followers alone, happy to deflect the unhappiness with the CH. If they give the fangirls more Daryl and put him in further peril and front and centre with the Negan story, along with Rick, they probably believe they will hit "story gold", and can more easily get away with a minor actor being the LV and avoid losing a large part of their viewing audience following next year's premier.

I have always felt that AMC has way too much influence over their shows and at times the execs behave as if they are the creative minds behind each show. in any event,I think to blame NR is not really fair. I have never heard anything but good things about NR he and AL are very humble and extremely sweet and patient with their fans.

Maria200 and Katbird like this.
  10. SweetDee85

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This has nothing to do with fans. Being sweet with fans has nothing to do with what the article states.

Jon Snows, Michele and Lilly965 like this.
  11. Jenna Alaki

Jenna Alaki Saying "Yes"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thanks for posting but yeah, I'm definitely taking this article with, not a grain, but a sea of :salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:. (I didn't even bother to read it. LOL). They're obviously purely out to sell mags or get hits. I don't think there needs to be anyone, AMC, NR, cast, crew or other truth behind a piece like this where TWD is concerned. This magazine knows it will gets hits because people like NR and Daryl. People that don't like NR and Daryl is just bonus for them :lol:. (@Doctor Grimes, I don't think you were too far off when you suggested they could be hitting up spoiler sites like TITTD. I admit, it crossed my mind too :yay:).

I generally have little patience or respect for tabloids magazines like this. I know they are not all created equally but whatever. I believe they are insulting to my intelligence and rationality - I mean, I am open to being wrong but it appears they have ZERO journalistic INTEGRITY; couldn't even be bothered to ATTEMPT a fact check :eyefuck:)!!! And my views will hold even if what they publish is true. Sorry not sorry! I think I'd be livid if they published something like this regarding DG but that being said, Danai's personality may not so readily make her a target for such things.

But to counter my own stance, I guess they are not claiming to be a high quality magazine so have they really done anything wrong? LOL. But then why not label yourself as a satirical journal? It would make more sense to my mind that way.

Regardless of my strong opinions, they're clearly doing OK for themselves, making money and that, otherwise they would have gone out of business by now. *Sigh*

You truly are a breath of fresh air :rickgrin:. I really enjoy this place so I like that the overwhelming trends can be balanced out a bit. Michonne is my favourite by the way. :flirt:

Yep! This happens all the time, all over the world, in EVERY industry. It's called RECOMMENDATION! They still have to audition but you often help facilitate the process sometimes it's as simple as letting them know there's a vacancy open because you work for the company, so you'd hear about it more readily than someone outside. You were in the right place at the right time. I mean, SMG's husband is on the show. I wonder how he found out about the role? o_O I do think it becomes a problem if doors remain completely closed for others to join the loop because of it. I see nothing wrong with facilitating as long as the friends and family recommendations are subjected to the same critique and selection process as everyone else.

Also JDM did say that people often came up to him after Issue 100 was published saying that he should play Negan when that arc comes on to the TV show. I think AMC did good on this one but we'll see come October.
    Yep. GAH had worked with Chandler Riggs years before. And he's a Georgia resident too. Always helps :carl:.

12. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    Agreed. In a span of a few years NR went from "guest star" to second billing right behind AL. RK has said that whenever the show is about to tackle a new storyline or plot, the question of "How does Daryl fit into this?" is usually the first thing that comes up (other non-comic characters do not get that same consideration). It's also important to know that Daryl does have creative control over his character, he pretty much told the tptb how he wanted to characterize Daryl, even in the very beginning. I say all this NOT to hate on NR but to show that he does have alot of power at AMC and perhaps not afraid to use that as leverage (he is getting his own show on the very same network afterall). Yes, STAR is a trash tabloid, but NR putting in a good word for JDM and campaigning for himself to get a significant arc in season 7, is not completely unbelievable either.

#52 tuswig, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Madness, Michele, Katbird and 5 others like this.
  13. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    I think the verdict is still out whether JDM will be a good Negan. Upon rewatch I wasn't really that impressed with him; even when the audio was leaked prior to the finale, I thought "Ok, perhaps once I SEE Negan, this will all make sense" I don't know, he just didn't do it for me and I think it's way too premature to say that JDM is doing a great job as Negan... let's just wait until season 7.

Madness, Maria200, Katbird and 2 others like this.
  14. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm really happy that Norman stood up for what he believed in. Originally Daryl was going to be worse than Meryl. Norman said in an interview that he refused to play a racist crack addict and so they made Daryl not a racist drug addict. I'm glad he had conviction to not want to be that type of role model, I commend him for that. And it speaks on his character. AMC knew he had a cult following from Boondock Saints and they wanted him. I think he had the stance for speak up for the character he was playing but I don't think he really has the power over Negans character.

Katbird and Tisha Grimes like this.
  15. FLNatural

Walker Pets:
    What??

You've got to be kidding me.

gmc_vitamind likes this.
  16. FLNatural

Walker Pets:
    Agreed.

Katbird likes this.
  17. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    LaToya78 likes this.
  18. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    I am not sure how I feel about that; it's called acting for a reason. Portraying a racist drug addict is not a reflection of NR personally, he's just a playing role that he is being paid for. MR played Merle and even that character was redeemed (unfortunately in death). I think it would've made Daryl way more layered and complex if he was a full out racist drug addict, it would have made his journey into being a contributing member of his new "family" a whole lot more intetesting.

19. SweetDee85

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    tuswig likes this.
  20. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Something tells me that question was extended to include Carol as well. I wish that question would be posed for rest of TF or at the minimum, the other Atlanta 3 + M&M since quite a few of them diverge from their comic counterpart (Michonne) or are original characters (Sasha) that would also change the course of the story if allowed.

#60 Gooey Goobert, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016