1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article Norman Reedus Says He Will Start The Riot If Daryl Dixon Dies On The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Daryl / Norman Reedus' started by SweetDee85, Jun 15, 2016.

1. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]

You've heard it before at least 100 times: "If Daryl dies we riot." Well, Daryl has heard it too and he's in full support.

Norman Reedus, to no surprise, is completely against The Walking Dead killing off his beloved Daryl Dixon character. "I will be passing out matches if that happens — I will be starting the riot," Reedus tells Variety, adding, "You know what, I’m very appreciative. I put a lot of work into this character for a long time, and I really like my job, and I like all the people I work with an awful lot, and I like all those fans that have my back, and I have their back, and I’m trying to do a good job for them as well. So it’s one big family that I’m proud to be part of."

Reedus' new motorcycle series Ride with Norman Reedus aired its first episode this past Sunday but he is already looking forward to The Walking Dead's return in October. "But everyone’s excited for 7 to reveal the answers to 6," Reedus says. "So I will say it’s well worth the wait. You know what I mean? I know what happens, and we shot it, and it’s well worth the wait. Trust me."

Looking at Reedus' comments and wondering who it was that Negan killed seems to indicate that we can take Daryl off of the chopping block. No, there's no absolute certainty here, but considering Reedus has shot the second half of Negan's introductory scene and hasn't started a riot over Daryl's death - it feels safe to assume he is safe (for now).

The Walking Dead returns for its seventh season in October. A trailer for the new episodes will be released at San Diego Comic Con in July.

2. SweetDee85

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    *sigh* Way to entice the stans. When will this end? :|

FLNatural likes this.
  3. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You like that they're kissing your ass, dude. He's said that shit before but in light of recent events I find this "amusing"

Unless they're part of the spoiler machine right? Which I'm sure many of them are. So which is it? Because if I was a spoiler-reading Daryl stan I'd be confused as fuck.

[​IMG]

I'm not touching the comment about putting a lot of work into Daryl.

4. Empress

Empress Permanently mourning Glenn Rhee
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    "You know what, I’m very appreciative.
    I put a lot of work into this character for a long time
    [​IMG]

and I really like my job, and I like all the people I work with an awful lot, and I like all those fans that have my back, and I have their back"

Except they're a bunch of assholes trying to spoil your emmy winning show so???
    [​IMG]
    whatisthetruth.gif

5. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    He's helping to spoil the show himself by making it clear he's not the one dying so...

6. SweetDee85

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He's also lowkey enticing his fans to "riot" if his character does in fact die. He might as well have said, "Guysssssss if my character dies, I'm giving you permission to riot, cause hell, do whatever you have to do." And I'm not even talking about this season. I'm talking throughout the entire series. Which is kind of fucked up if you think about it. He is talking as if his character is above death. So him and his fans can "riot" but other actors on the show and should go out graciously like good little professional actors? Humph!

With every passing article, interview etc that features him, the Star article is looking more and more true by the day. I just.....:eyefuck:

7. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I think I need to stop reading his interviews because the more I read them, the more I hear from him the less indifferent I am towards him.

The other characters who got killed the actors didn't put a lot of time and work in playing them ? So basically if Glenn dies, does that means it's cause SY didn't put enough work in ?

I mean I get what he is saying. And I think he did put in the work, not so much in his acting but in his interactions with the fans. He spent time on social media interacting with them. He takes time during comics con and all those other places to deal with them. That’s good. I give him a great amount of credit for that because he took a barely supporting characters and with fans support makes him almsot seems like a the lead. Hate him or love him, you have to give him credit for that.

So I get it but the way he phase his comments and statements display a level of arrogance that is a totally turn off for me . That makes someone like me who only recently got into the whole bts aspect of TWD, therefore didn't care one way or another about him, start to dislike him. I don't want to start wasting time disliking him, so I might have to stop paying attention to him off the show.

Also, is he too stupid or arrogant to realize that he just gave the general public a big ass spoiler ?

A big ass spoiler they didn't go looking for, unlike those who goes looking and searchimg for spoilers, the ones he called asshole.

So base on his definition, Norman is the biggest asshole when it comes to spoiling fans and ruining shit for them. He is the king of assholes base on his own comments about those who spoil the show.

#7 SevenStars, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  8. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    If you told me back when season 2 and 3 were airing that there would be a time where I would actually be rooting for Daryl's death I wouldn't have believed you. Congratulation Norman for completely ruining the character of Daryl Dixon for me. His arrogance really knows no bounds huh? The funny part is, he should be asking for Daryl's death. The longer Daryl lives the more people start realizing that the character is nothing more than an empty, emotionless, badly acted rating ploy. It also gives Norman more time on a platform to spew his nonsense and lose even more fans. The best thing that could have happened for Daryl and Norman was for the character to have died in season 3.

9. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts Atlanta hunting down 712 Director's Cut
    Custom Banner
    Remember when SY was asked about Glenn comic death and the classy response he gave.

NR is so not about the classy, professional life. His responses are awful, he is doing this whole "look at me I am every man" shtick (with the foul language, support of the riot, his "honest" answers). Appealing to the underbelly of the masses. His act is reminding me of something else going on in another arena of life and it has me feeling a certain way :daleeye:

10. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He loves the show. Of course he wants to stay. I just don't understand why he's pretending like Daryl dying will ever be an actual possibility.

slade3 and FLNatural like this.
  11. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

The arrogance, oh my gawd.

tuswig, Lilly965, Maria200 and 2 others like this.
  12. FLNatural

FLNatural Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    With every passing interview, my disdain for this man grows more and more.

tuswig and slade3 like this.
  13. FLNatural

Walker Pets:
    Nope.
    The fans and the TPtB have created this monster comprised of an out of control ego and mediocre acting.

tuswig, box5angel and Lilly965 like this.
  14. FLNatural

Walker Pets:
    Every man huh?
    He is starting to me remind of a younger but dirtier Donald Trump. They both display the "look at me" over the top attitude and appealing to the underbelly masses.

15. FLNatural

Walker Pets:
    ^^^^THIS.

16. Jimmy

Jimmy Bitter Bunker Husband
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    If he starts his riot, I'll be there with a tank helping the cops.

Also, his arrogance levels are off the chart.

tuswig, slade3 and Armte like this.
  17. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Pick me up, I wanna come too.

slade3 and Jimmy like this.
  18. Jimmy

Jimmy Bitter Bunker Husband
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets: