1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Oceanside... What do you think?

Discussion in '7x06: Swear' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think it's interesting an all female community is being introduced. I like the way they did it, and their backstory is tragic.

I wonder how they'll be brought back into the fold later. (Or will they?)

What did everyone else think?

2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Loved them. Cyndie and Rachel were great. The groups looks badass, and I hope we see them again, preferably by TF's side. :maggie:

3. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    they really did remind me of the Amazon Warriors in Greek Mythology. Especially the killing strangers part.

4. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Their story was very tragic, Negan must die.

5. MrsG

MrsG Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Oceanside was cool. Their awful shots, with the exception of Cindy. With training from ASZ, they'd be great ally. That little Rachel is the real future serial killer.

Denie39, Dobbying, cadence_T and 4 others like this.
  6. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    To be fair, the Saviors aren't that great either. Dwight needs better aim. :negan:

7. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I like them more than any of the other communities introduced so far. Maybe it's because they're new and not taken from the comics.

Tater, Katbird and FLNatural like this.
  8. Riko813

Riko813 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Until they revealed the backstory I was wondering through the whole episode "where are the men?". I was half expecting wonder woman to show up because I thought this was the village of the Amazon women. I still want to know why the Saviors killed all the men and boys over 10. Negan hasn't decimated a community like that before unless they rebelled against him and in that case he killed everybody not only the men. He wants to keep most of them alive so they can scavenge and/or work for them. Why kill all the men and boys over 10. The men must have tried to rebel and Negan killed them all.

I disagree with them just murdering any strangers that have the misfortune to cross their paths. This makes them no better than the saviors. This also reminds me of the philosophy Glen had when some of TF was walking down the road looking for Aaron's companion and vehicles. Glen said the group should shoot anyone walking towards them and Michonne questioned that way of thinking.

As for whether they will be brought back into the fold. I think they will because eventually the saviors will find them and they will need assistance. Maybe a group of Saviors will stumble on the encampment and the women will kill most of them but one may slip through the cracks and go tell Negan. They probably will run and maybe they may encounter Tara again who will introduce them to Rick and they may join forces with Alexandria and hopefully they will learn how to be better shots.

9. Carribean_Queen

Carribean_Queen Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    Thought the ocean view was amazing. It was refreshing to see a vibrant community in that the appearance was not as devastating as that lonely old road leading in and out of Alexandria. For a moment I was like okay, here are the Amazons. Interesting group. The little one forgot her name now is like a Carl II she got on my nerves just like Carl does ... like wth is it with teenagers?

Did anyone think they were going to tell Tara that the men they had killed were their men? I was like oh hell. Shut up.

Katbird likes this.
  10. Carribean_Queen

Carribean_Queen Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    Yeah Rachael is like that idiot Carl from season II. He's still annoying thinking he's gonna bring Negan down. Boy needs to take several seats.

11. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I gotta a bad feeling...

Their introduction could go two ways...

The Cyndie (peace) way and they will be eventual partners with ASZ

The Rachel (war) way after that talk Heath had with Tara, Heath stumbles upon Oceanside and they attack him. Heath goes into satellite outpost raid mode (that is all he knows) kills some and get to their armory. Season 8 he brings home a load of guns setting up a moral dilemma with Tara.

There is reason why they have to keep Heath alive he has a big purpose to play later.

12. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    What I learned from this episode:

• Negan's empire is far reaching they were two weeks out and still were in Negan territory.
    • This episode also foreshadowed a way of getting out from under Negan's thumb... run away and keep hidden.
    • Oceanside is lying too. I think like ASZ, Oceanside killed all the Saviors on that bridge. We saw Cyndie's mother, they boxed them in and slaughtered them then covered them with sand.
    • Cyndie is a sniper
    • They have a sustainable food source.
    Easter eggs (most I'm not sure about)
    • Tara's tattoo
    • sand dollars
    • PPP card Tara picks up from Heath
    • Ammo shells
    • little girl with teddie bear callback to pilot S1.E1, but Racheal doesn't want it and throws it away
    • Cyndie's map
    ????
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#12 Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  13. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    You're great at catching awesome details in episodes. I thought I was paying attention but I didn't connect the bridge walkers or that lady to Oceanside. Don't know how I missed that I must have dosed off at some points :lol:

14. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    This should have been the only bottle episode.
    The Well and the Cell could have easily been one episode remixed together ending with the gate scene from Negan

Tara will start a fire/start the war.

[​IMG]

Next to Tara are "Fire Starters" something like this

[​IMG]

Oceanside will be key just because it showed everything that ASZ needs to survive.

• A hidden location
    • Ammo
    • Food and water

15. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I like em, I really enjoyed watching the leader, she felt like a natural fit for the show. Cindy was nice. The rest, eh. But I like the community and I love the idea of pissing fanboys off by having a (hopefully) central plot focused on women. :maggie:

winter, Denie39, lovingdead and 3 others like this.
  16. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am 100% here for it. I already want to know more and I didn't expect that I would. A community full of only women, sign me up. The way they lost their men made me immediately feel bad for them, I put another checkmark in my column for why Negan needs to die. I do think had they tried to kill a member of TF whom I loved I'd be side-eyeing them more but it was Tara so :sadmaggie: Regardless of anything else that transpires with them Cyndie can stay. :rickgrin:

17. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oceanside is cool with me

I loved seeing a community of women and children that was well run, organized and full of fighters. How awesome is that?
    I hate what happened to them though...the Saviors are so evil, I will celebrate every time one of them dies

Denie39, mrc110, lovingdead and 3 others like this.
  18. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I thought Oceanside was pretty cool and I think Cyndie is way too good to not use her more in the show. Since it looks like they took to the time to cast her role really well, I suspect she will definitely show up again. I hope it is on good terms.

lovingdead and ALDGRichonneLover like this.
  19. Bailey88

Bailey88 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    They are already talking crap about the role of too many women being featured this season and some other hateful comments about women. It makes you wonder if some of these men have a mother or any other female relative. I love the idea of the women stepping up big time this season. I also think the Oceanside community is interesting.

lovingdead and ALDGRichonneLover like this.
  20. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is my favorite community. Not because they are a community of women, but because this is the first community of fighters that we've seen. Hilltop, Kingdom, everyone there seem like little wusses. You have one or two fighters here and there, but Oceanside, everyone seems to be a fighter. They've experienced what TF has experienced. Actually, they remind me of TF. I actually liked every character they introduced.

I hope we see them again, and I hope they play a role in the war against Negan. I want them to get their vengeance too.