1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Oceanside... What do you think?

Discussion in '7x06: Swear' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

Who is this Walker and who tied her up? Not all is what it seems in Oceanville.

2. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    i don't like them, not interesting at all

3. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I like them and cannot wait to see them again. I agree that the episode didnt need to be a bottle. There wasn't a lot of filler but the events should have been spread out more over the season. They were well organized and self sustaining. Interesting personalities. The only one I didn't like was Beatrice because the actress was just ok. I liked seeing Tara in a new dynamic that let the character shine.

4. Joan Holloway

Joan Holloway Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    This what I'm wondering because why the hell would they want to help rick's group fight negan? They were already attacked by the saviors and want their group to remain unknown so they negan never finds them (ie the kill onsight rule). So why would even they risk making themselves known??

ALDGRichonneLover likes this.
  5. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    This bridge Walker scene isn't kosher.

Let's deconstruct (sorry I don't know how to screen cap and my usually site looks like it is still on Thanksgiving vacation since they still don't have 7.5 up yet)
    • Heath picks up a beer bottle . (Was there a party?)
    • Tara tugs on a bag that causes the sand to avalanche. (Would really like to know what is in it?)
    • Walkers emerge from the sand and attack
    • TWO YUGE SAND TRUCKS are at each end
    • Later when Tara escapes more Walkers are on the bridge including a black female walker in a party dress.
    Questions:
    • What was happening on the bridge?
    • Was it a party?
    • Did the buried Walkers feel safe enough not to notice the YUGE SAND TRUCK
    • Who were the buried Walkers?
    • Were they ordinary walker lured to that particular spot?
    • Were they Saviors drinking with the Oceanside women?
    • Were they the missing Oceanside men?
    • Was the black woman Cyndie's mom?
    • Who tied up the female Walker that Tara went to kill before making her escape?
    I think that it may just be a little bit too neat to have Oceanside just sitting there with all of ASZ needs.

ALDGRichonneLover likes this.
  6. sharky

sharky Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    They would need convincing. They're still angry over the loss of their men and boys, they want revenge, they just don't think it's possible. Show them you have numbers to fight the Saviors (Hilltop, Kingdom, Alexandria) and that their way of life isn't sustainable, eventually the Savior's reach will find them again and by then there would be no one to help them. I think this diplomatic approach is most likely.

Otherwise I could see Rosita leading a stealth op into Oceanside to rob them blind of (most) of their armory, maybe Tara would come along and enlist the Cyndie to join them (I'm hoping, love ha). Cyndie isn't about the current Oceanside lifestyle, so I feel like she'd want to join in taking the Saviors down, so that Oceanside doesn't have to hide anymore and live so ruthlessly.

Joan Holloway likes this.
  7. sharky

Walker Pets:
    I couldn't make any sense of the bridge scenes, honestly anything involving that bridge was the worst parts of the episode. It all seemed very messy. As far as Cyndie's mom, I don't think that walker was anything more than a highly-convienent fake out device. If the audience was expected to identify the walker as Cyndie's mom, we would have been given some identifying information about her at some point in the ep.

I figured in regards to the tied up female walker that it was intentionally tied up there by Oceanside to lure Tara out and be an easy shot while she's distracted with killing the walker. Both Oceanside ladies crouched down behind Tara when they reached that walker, staying silent until she opted to be the one to go and deal with it. I think the whole situation was very "planned" which was what made it click in Tara's mind that this was a trap which led to her running. But idk for sure.

8. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    She's black and Cyndie mentioned that she lost her mother... and the walker looked like an older Cyndie.
    Most of the time the walkers clothes are grey... this one had a colorful party dress.

9. sharky

Walker Pets:
    Not sure.. It'd be a nice gem, but usually TWD would give us more notifiers. Tara only took notice of the walker due to it looking like Heath from behind, once revealed not to be Heath nothing about Tara's reaction was "Oh shit this is Cyndie's mom.." , she bolts as soon as she sees it's not Heath.

I don't think anything on that bridge was Oceanside/Saviors.
    Beatrice confesses to Tara (before 'killing' her, so she wouldn't be lying here) that the Saviors lined up all the men in their community and shot them in the head. This would negate the possibility of them being the walkers on the bridge. I would also hope to god that the Oceanside women have more sense to run farther than that bridge if that's where they fought the Saviors at some point. It seemed very close to their new community, lol.

10. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I can see this scenario playing out. But, if Rosita and Tara rob them blind, then TF won't have the numbers to take out Negan and the Saviors, and Rick has mentioned their sheer numbers many several times. It's why he isn't budging yet regarding Negan. He needs more allies in place to insure that he has enough soldiers willing to fight Negan. He is being strategic in that sense. If not, they will be even worse off than before.

sharky likes this.
  11. FoxC

FoxC Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I really liked the oceanside community and I hope we see more of them. I can see Cyndie making her way to the ASZ.

12. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yeah she was looking at the map at Alexandria.

13. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

What if these are not PPP but music notes?

or something à la Little Prince

[​IMG]

Some people see a hat where others see a snake that has swallowed an elephant.

I don't think that this is letters because they are too close together.

14. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I like this community; filled with badass woman who have learned to survive in the ZA just like our group.

15. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Me too! I am here for them!