1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Paintings, Books, Posters, and Signs: Foreshadowing or Nonsense?

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Doctor Grimes, May 15, 2016.

1. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

Hmmmm...

WoodEroc76 likes this.
  2. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

This was in S5.E9 What Happened and What's Going On the episode that Tyrese was killed.

This is a mystery to me because I never figured out why they focused on it through out the episode.

Then I thought it was this in the S7 trailer

[​IMG]

but it is not the same.

Anyone Bueller...Bueller?

epiath and Gekari like this.
  3. Gekari

Gekari Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Maybe I'm wrong but it resembles a lot that house where him, Carol, Mica and her psycho sister were in S4....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#23 Gekari, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  4. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Hmm.

Appetence, Gekari and Butler36 like this.
  5. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Rethinking your theory?

6. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Actually I was just thinking about how spoilers kind of corroborate it. :yay:

However, I was totally wrong about The Mullah's Storm. It sounds like that was foreshadowing
    Daryl's arc
    more than anything.

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.
  7. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well to help with the Hmmm...here is the plot to Assassins. I highlighted the parts that were...interesting.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins_(LaHaye_novel)

Hmmm indeed

8. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What are you thinking? You think Michonne might get kidnapped after all? The Mullah's Storm always makes me wonder, but I figured it was
    foreshadowing Daryl's arc now given he is dragged off after the Lucille-ing. Both plots sound like Daryl. Especially the fighting bit.

9. Butler36

Butler36 What?

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think it is Daryl. I think Michonne story will probably follow Rayford's in wanting to kill Negan for their losses. But Daryl is Hattie. In Indwelling, the follow up, Hattie is released to infiltrate her people but she goes AWOL instead. And if they are giving Michonne the Andrea part, the the assassination stuff with Rayford is right up her alley.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  10. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I was just thinking that as well. Using the synopsis...
    -Rayford, filled with rage over so many losses, contemplates killing Nicolae Carpathia. He is so obsessed with the idea that he becomes stern and short tempered at times.
    I could see Rayford being Rick, Carl, or Michonne to be honest. Truthfully more like Carl with the whole bloodlust thing.
    -Rayford is still wondering if he might be the one to kill Nicolae. Hattie (who also wants to kill Nicolae) runs off after an incident with Floyd and Rayford goes to find her, only to be tricked by GC Forces. Hattie is imprisoned and taken to the Belgium Facility for Female Rehabilitation, or "BUFFR".
    This is totally Daryl getting captured and put in the bizarre Savior training facility. He ran off to kill Dwight.
    - Carpathia personally kills the Two Witnesses with a gun similar to the one Rayford buys to kill him.
    This is Abraham and Glenn.
    -Finally, Carpathia himself is assassinated as prophesied in Revelation 13:3-4 while delivering a speech three days before the midpoint of the tribulation. Rayford is skeptical as to whether he really was the one who did the deed as he planned to. A hole in Carpathia's head is the same size that Rayford would expect his gun to make, but he was bumped from behind a split second before pulling the trigger.
    I wonder if this is the assassination attempt to start AOW? If so, I wonder if it's Carl shooting Lucille in this moment. That could be what starts AOW.

Daryl being released to infiltrate the group has definitely been speculated re: Hattie. I will definitely have to check it out to see what happens.

It does make me wonder why this was on Michonne's nightstand if little of it has to do with Michonne's arc.

coffeebean and Butler36 like this.
  11. Butler36

Butler36 What?

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think it does though. Michonne is going out to do something that is going to mess the Saviors up in some way. I don't think the assassination attempt happens in the MSF but something else does that makes Rick join back up with Hilltop. I think Rayford fits Michonne a lot actually. Carl too.

12. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  13. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wish we had more spoilers. :gabe:

Appetence likes this.
  14. Appetence

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The struggle is real this hiatus.

15. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    The drawing of the black haired baby that could be mixed that was on the wall behind Morgan at the Kingdom -

Whose baby is this a foreshadowing of? Gleggie or Richonne or neither?

I know it has some significance, but to whom or what?

16. Appetence

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That looks like a Gleggie baby to me.

Greatm likes this.
  17. Greatm

Greatm Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    Sasha's Living Room and Gekari like this.
  18. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Not so much as what you see as what you don't see in The Same Boat that foreshadows The Kingdom.

When's the last time anyone checked this place?
    Woman #3: It was fine a month ago.
    Woman #2: Sweetie, that was a month ago. sh1t hards quick. The guns have gone bye-bye, the food's gone bye-bye, and we got growlers up and down the halls.

(static hisses)
    What's your ETA?
    (static hisses)
    Man on radio: A few minutes away, but the car is running on fumes.
    Paula: We have gas. We'll fill you up and then we move. Radio when you're back in the perimeter.
    (static hisses) ​

Who takes guns and food but leaves the gas?
    They even stress the importance of gas with 'Chelle's story about stealing gas and getting her finger chopped off.

19. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    When they were checking out the church after their arrival in 502 "Strangers", I noticed as each survivor cleared a room, they encountered something that may foreshadow their future arcs.

Rick walked up to the altar under the arch which has the words, "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has Eternal Life." I can see the altar as the place of leadership, but what do the words signify for Rick? Is he immune to the virus? Hmmm...

Glen was shown looking at a framed picture of the words "And let us not grow weary of doing good. For in due season we will reap if we do not give up." Glen embodied this almost up to the very end of season 6 until his initiation into killing at the Saviors compound.

Daryl unveiled the wood plaque of The Last Super carving. I am not sure yet what that foreshadows. TF being in fellowship before a betrayal and death scatters them as it did after Judas betrayed Jesus to rhe religious leaders and the disciples deserted Jesus and fled in fear for their own lives during and after the cruxifiction by the Roman centurians?

Carol looking through the scriptures and THOU SHALT NOT KILL is the only capitalized and bolded commandment in the written out scriptures. They also lingered a bit on 'all living' and the Genesis account of the creation of the world and mankind. This foreshadowed her moral dilemma arc of not wanting to kill anymore.

Michonne had the words Amazing and Grace above her head. I know that was so not about her but I like thinking the set designer thinks Michonne is amazing and graceful. :lol:

The piece de resistance and the reason why I did this post was this last moment which had me freaking out as I missed it the first few times I've watched this episode -

Michonne was shown looking at some drawings of kids on the wall. They showed a picture of a burning bush but the one they lingered on the most was of a baby in a basinet floating in a river. Moses born and saved from Pharaoh's decree to kill all male Jewish babies by being hid in the banks of the Nile river in a basket, ended up leading the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt. The drawing is titled '40 YEARS OF WANDERING'. This signifies to me that after the trial of wondering the wilderness/dessert/apocalypse a time of refreshing will be given to Michonne. New birth. I am convinced now Michonne will have another child who will be a part of the new world. The baby/Moses lead the Israelites through the 40 years of wandering to the promise land/new land/Cannan. A land described in the bible as a land overflowing with fruit, milk and honey. That is where the nation of Israel formed and flourished. *Squeeeeee* :flirt::rickgrin:

#39 richonnelove, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  20. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

What if this picture was never about the house in the middle of the frame but about the statuette next to it that says Dr. Jekell and Mr. Hyde.

What if Carol never was who she said she was? I mean she has an extraordinary skill set not usually seen in battered house wives. She never really morned Sophia's death.

Some reason I don't think we are seeing the real picture.