1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Possibility of daryl getting the iron.

Discussion in 'Predictions' started by Nicholas, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Do you think Daryl will get the iron?

1. Yes, Daryl will get the iron.

6.3%
  2. No! Daryl won't get the iron.

93.8%
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    So I've been looking into why amc hasn't shown us the iron in action at the sanctuary, I am beginning to think they are going to surprise us and iron Daryl. Because I don't think they will kill another major character in the first half of season 7 because the Glenn and Abe shock factor is still there, but the mid season finale is going to have to be big am I right.

Some clues also, the mid season finale has been named "Hearts still beating", remember getting the iron won't kill you, but it will mess your face up.

Also, Daryl has been kind of disobedient in Negan's eyes. And I don't think negan will tolerate it much longer. I am pretty sure I am the only one to come up with such a random speculation, but it could work, it would make sense for the writers to throw us another curveball, right?

2. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Austin sits in makeup from anywhere between 3-4 hours every day he films, due to Norman's work schedule because of his jobs and businesses he owns that he works on outside of TWD, I can't see him being able to sit in make up that long in addition to his standard hair and make up time. I do not think he's getting the iron.

ReeciePiecey, Denie39 and FLNatural like this.
  3. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    Daryl should have gotten the iron in ep 3. Daryl getting his face burned would have been real torture and the audience would have felt sympathy for Daryl and it would have been a shock to Rick an TF when Negan brought Daryl to ASZ. I see the iron as a missed opportunity.

4. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wish Daryl would get ironed, but I don't see AMC allowing it.

5. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
  6. FLNatural

FLNatural Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    Yah, that's not going to happen for all the reasons named above. It should have already, if they were actually concerned about the Negan character being consistent and true to form, but they're not. How many times has Daryl defied Negan? And all he's gotten is a dog food sandwich? Oh, the horror!! :eek:
    The NR fangirls would lose their minds over their man being tortured like that and looking ugly. He would have to wear that make-up and prosthetics for the rest of the show because he's not getting killed off.

7. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    What y'all said!

Daryl won't get ironed. It would be interesting to see, but TPTB won't do it.

FLNatural likes this.
  8. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Daryl Dent! :yay: @MamaGrimes

But yeah, there's no way it's going to happen. Like @FLNatural said, I can't see AMC allowing their precious cash cow to be disfigured because the fangirls would freak. :ogg:

9. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Daryl's back is scarred up.... I would still love him if his face was scarred.... I mean, I like Dwight so I wouldn't care lol. AMC wouldn't do it for the simple fact that it takes too much money and time for the FX make up, not to mention the burns are Dwight's thing and Dwight is getting his arc.

Denie39 likes this.
  10. FLNatural

FLNatural Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    Huge difference between a back and a face. I never said fangirls wouldn't love him if his face was scarred, but they'd be pissed off if he had a big scar on his face. A huge draw is the way NR looks. It may not be for you, but that doesn't mean the same is true for every NR fan. AMC wants to keep Daryl/NR fans happy. They are also concerned with keeping NR happy. It's no secret that NR is very into his looks (it's been stated many times that he spends ridiculous amounts of time on his hair) so I have a hard time believing he'd be cool with looking less than ruggedly sexy.

candi18z likes this.
  11. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thanks for the callout CB! :hearts: You know I just love the thought of Daryl Dent! Only second to Darcille for favorite Daryl plot point.

But, alas, AMC owns Daryl's ass and they want their merchandise to stay intact, regardless of how much it would add to the story or give credibility to Negan's tyrannical rule. And, yes, they're cheap af and it would cost time and effort to cake scars all over Norman's pretty face. :harold: (Harold is helping me through those last few words)

Do I wish Negan would actually torture Daryl instead of just giving him free room and board? I'm not bloodthirsty but, come on, how long is he going to allow Daryl to defy him without there being some consequences? :denise:

My vote it no to the iron but am wishfully thinking there is something interesting ahead for our redneck with a heart of gold.

#11 MamaGrimes, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    FLNatural and Clutterbuck like this.
  12. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Sadly, no. No way they will scar their "cash cow" precious face. And have all his fan girls
    be pissed? No way. Although I'm surprised a lot of his fans don't want it because it will just gain him more sympathy. "Poor Wittle Daryl got his face burned. Poor baby!"

Oops, I'm getting kinda salty. Lemme stop right there.

FLNatural and MamaGrimes like this.
  13. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I think the main reason for nope-ain't-happening, is Dwight's existence. It would be redundant. And money for a person that will probably stick around longterm. Same reason Rick hasn't lost his hand.

I do agree that Daryl has gotten somewhat of a free ride considering how supposedly cruel Negan is to people that defy him.

ALDGRichonneLover likes this.
  14. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    It ain't happpening with Daryl. 'Tis is all. :crydaryl:

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    Yeah it would've been way better if they did it in episode 3, if they do the iron though I would be okay with it if it was Daryl because that would be crazy, people would be losing their sh*t while watching Daryl get the iron, but amc didn't do it and missed the perfect moment to show the iron in action. On Daryl.

16. Riko813

Riko813 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    LOL no way in hell will Daryl's face be ironed. His pretty boy face sells a lot of merchandise, plus all of Daryl's fan girls and fan boys will riot and burn down AMC if that happens.