1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Compilation Pre-Canon Interview & Quotes Compilation

Discussion in 'The Richonne Zone' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    @Danaisbestie wasn't part of the Richonne fandom before the ship went canon and wanted to know what sort of things were said about the ship prior to that magical moment.

Being the record keeper I am, here's the list of all the Richonne-related quotes. (I may be missing a couple, but these are some gems.)

Andrew Lincoln's Words:

July 2013:
    TVLine Interview with Andrew Lincoln

Ausiello: Something came up in the panel yesterday that has crossed my mind too, and it's the possibility of a Rick and Michonne romance.
    AL: Yeah? (smiles) It was all about romance yesterday, wasn't it?
    Ausiello: Everybody wants everybody to hook up.
    [...]
    AL: [when talking about "Clear"] you learned so much, there was so much breathing space in that episode, and it was really compelling, and yes, certainly, it was one of the first times that I think Rick even attempted to crack a joke in three years. Everyone was on set going, 'What's Rick doing? He's trying to make a joke? You know, is he *flirting*?' So rest assured that *that* is being mined much more. I think there is a deep connection between these two people, but I'm not sure whether or not its a recognition that they're very similar types. [...] But, yeah, I mean, never say never. There's always potential.

July 2014 San Diego Comic Con roundtable interview w/Danai, Chandler, and Andy @ 2:40

Interviewer: to paraphrase [talks about how dark the show is and the need for more lighter moments]
    AL: [talks about Claimers, the bite scene, the Daryl/Rick brother scene] ....I think that's how we kind of get away with it, some of the more extreme scenes and certainly I love those moments. Those moments are the bits we have to mine and the lightness and y'know the"It's for you" moment at end of this episode [mumble, mumble]. Y'know which to be able to laugh and see this person that is our future. We're safe y'know. It's what I love doing...I mean we love kicking ass don't get me wrong. But it's lovely to mine those type of moments.​

October 2014:
    AfterBuzz Red Carpet Interview (Season 4 Premiere)

Interviewer: You know, am I crazy, I feel like I sense a little bit of a romantic touch between Rick and Michonne this season.
    AL: Oh really? Have you seen the first episode?
    Interviewer: Yeah, I saw other parts too.
    AL: You think something's going on there? (amused)
    Interviewer: I think that there could be something happening.
    AL: (singing) Love is in the air. (/singing) I don't know -- (looks over to Danai who's standing a few feet to his left; then gets interrupted with another question)​

February 2015 (DJ Whoo Kid interview @4:30)

Interviewer: "Is it going to be the black chick?"
    AL: "You know what--"
    Interviewer: "We're trying to spoil a lot of shit here"
    AL: "Yeah. You never know. I'm cuh--" (sounds really like he's about to say I'm convinced)
    Interviewer: "ZOMBIES!"
    AL: "You know what, that's--"
    Interviewer: (laughing)
    AL: "I'm with you on that. That's what I want it to be. I want Michonne and Rick to get together."
    (marveling noises)
    Interviewer: "You hear this? You hear this?"
    AL: "You heard that first. That is a total sp--" (trails off with laughter when interview implies Michonne would cut his junk off or something lol)​

February 2015 - Hollywood Reporter

Rick and Michonne — who are typically on the same page — disagreed about Aaron. How will this change their relationship going forward?

Lincoln:
    What you'll see in back eight [episodes] is that we're moving into very difficult and unchartered waters and it's very uncomfortable for some of the characters. Look at Michonne's journey since season two: she's the lone wolf and was lost and now she's the one calling for us to stop and trust. They've all been beaten down after the last six or seven episodes that all of them have their own agendas and perspectives in what they want. It was as vocal an opposition as Rick has heard in a long time. He's not like the Governor — he's not untethered yet. There's probably space for him to get to a place where he's not anchored by his relationship with his family — meaning his closest and dearest — but at the moment, he still is. It's very touching journey that Michonne and Rick go on — after they are reunited as a group, she's always checking on him because she can see that he's terrified. He's a man that's mortified that he's going to walk into another Terminus.​

March 2015 - The Hollywood Reporter

What about Michonne — she's been the one to whack Rick when he's getting out of line. How would you characterize their relationship: Are they friends or is there the potential to see something romantic between them? A lot of people have been rooting for a romance between them.
    My mom has as well, she's very much behind that! I love their relationship, and I think there are certain people that he has respect and love for, and he owes his life to. And Michonne is one of those people who can call him out, as we saw this season, and he will listen. Daryl is able to do it, Tyreese was able to do it and Glenn is able to do it. There are few people who are able to anchor him. I'm intrigued to see where Michonne and Rick's relationship goes.

July 2015 - SDCC (Comicbook.com)

"The thing that I love about playing scenes with Danai as Rick and Michonne is that they have a kind of jokiness to them; there's a gallows humor that's a bit cowboy, because they're both warriors, all the rest of it," Lincoln said. "And she's one of the few people I think who can take the piss out of Rick. She's the arched eyebrow, kind of smartass remark, and I love playing those scenes as well."

He added, "But yeah, look: there aren't that many people in the apocalypse, so maybe when everybody is dead and it's just me and her left, let's get it on."​

October 2015 - Daily Telegraph

HM: Do you think Rick will ever find love again?
    AL
    : “I don’t know, maybe he’ll have some luck with the ladies this season. Rick and Michonne — that’s what I want to happen. They would make a fascinating couple wouldn’t they?”​

Danai Gurira's Words:

December 2012
    ComicBook Resources

DG: ...I think even in the case of Rick and Michonne, people keep saying that there's a similarity that these two are crashing into with each other. At first I was like "Huh?" But then it was like, "Oh, I see, they're both functioning from their wounds." Rick is hardened as a result of his wounds, and Michonne has hardened too! We just haven't seen what Michonne's wounds were. But it's the same thing. We saw Rick's process into this place from where he was in the beginning of season one, or even the beginning of season two. There's things he's gone through that have hardened him. Both he and Michonne are functioning through their wounds, so there's mistrust of each other even though their instincts are telling them, "Okay, we can work together." At the same time, the traumatic wounds that are kind of similar are causing them to bash heads.
    and
    DG: With Rick, it was the exact opposite [than the Governor]. She could feel, and I think she even knew instinctually, that there was something good about him. She knew about him, also, through Andrea, but she knew instinctually that there was something good about him. And that's the one place that she was weak enough to fall and need help, even though she hated that! Something in her body was like, "This is where I can collapse." Her mind was like, "NOOO!!!" [Laughs] But her body was like, "I'm safe." It's the instinctual understanding, but she's fighting that because that involves vulnerability. And she's scared of vulnerability, so she's not going to treat him like, "Hey, let's be friends." She can't do that. She's scared of that. But it doesn't mean that her gut doesn't tell her, "This is where I'm meant to be."

July 2013
    Clevver News Comic Con Interview

Interviewer: ... when a fan asked about your character and Andrew's character potentially getting freaky in the future.
    Danai (while that was being said saying 'oh my gosh' several times under her breath)
    Interviewer: Are you open to this storyline?
    Danai: Am I open to this storyline? I'm open to all storylines.
    Interviewer: Do you think it makes sense? They're both kinda empathetic and--
    Danai: You're good, you're good (pointing at interviewer) (air quotes) 'Do I think it makes sense' I like that. No, Andy, Andy -- (signalling for Andy) come save me!
    Interviewer: So, Rick and Michonne romance season 4.
    Danai: (exasperated/amused) (looks around) Where is he. Where is he - where's Kirkman. I want you to talk to Kirkman. And I want you to talk to, you know, ah, talk to my boss Gimple. Leave me and Andy out of it. We don't even ah we know nothing. We - know - nothing. But it's very interesting. We didn't expect this wave of questions around this today. But it's coming FAST. It's coming fast and swift.​

September 2013 AP

Gurira doesn't let on much about the new season, although she says many fans are asking whether romance will bloom for Michonne and Sheriff Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln).
    "We know from the comic books even that these two characters do develop a connection. How exactly that plays out — I don't know — we'll have to all see," she says.​

October 2013 Access Hollywood

Access: One of the things that seems to be blossoming this season is how Michonne is relating to the Grimes boys (Rick and Carl). What do you think about the interest fans have in a ‘Richonne’ — that some people want to see Rick and Michonne as a couple?

Danai: You know, I think it’s great. I always say this — I always say I appreciate folks want Michonne to get some. You know what I’m sayin’? I appreciate that for Michonne and I think that it’s great. It’s great that they’re seeing some sort of a chemistry or connection between characters that makes them want to see that come to fruition. I think that’s all a fantastic thing that they’re picking up on, whatever they’re picking up on, but they’re invested in these characters and in wanting to see them happy. … I appreciate that. Now, whether or not that ever happens, you’re not gonna hear that from me. … But I will say, her connection to the Grimes boys… it’s very rich… There’s something she just really loves about Carl and how he’s this boy growing up in this world and he’s a survivor, he’s a thriver. He’s so tough and he’s so smart and he’s resilient and he’s an asset to people in this realm. There’s something about that, but also, seeing he’s a boy stuck in this time — I think that really, really touches her and she has a certain degree of respect for him, for how he’s this young man, really thriving in this realm.
    And for Rick, the fact she knew from the moment that she met Rick that he was a good guy, just from the moment she met The Governor that he was a bad guy. She’s just very perceptive and she knew this is a man who I can actually respect… I can work with this guy’s leadership… and seeing how he’s working so hard to take care of his family, I think that is something she really respects in this realm. She respects how he’s keeping it together, and that’s not easy.

Access: She respects him enough to say she’d get him stale M&Ms, which was such a great line.

Danai: Right (laughs). And to get him something to help with his beard — a beard clipper.​

October 2013 TVLine

“It’s very clear that she has respect for Rick,” [...] “Seeing the way Rick handles himself, handles his community, handles his son is something that she can respect.”
    Gurira calls the love chatter “fascinating,” acknowledging that Rick has had a positive influence on her reserved, borderline-mute character. “He demanded that she not keep functioning in a way that was completely non-communicative and obscure, and she adjusted to that,” she points out. “And I think she actually felt that was probably good for her. So I think that’s probably what fans are seeing."​

April 2014 Jimmy Kimmel Live

Danai: ... and it works so perfectly with you know what's going to happen and her and Rick having a baby so... [this honestly just a flub, but it's hilarious and not the first time it has happened lol]
    [awkward pause]
    Jimmy Kimmel: You're saying...
    Danai: No wait, wait...
    Jimmy Kimmel: there will be a baby on the show?
    Danai: No, no Jimmy. Can we cut that?
    Jimmy Kimmel: Well, no, I mean everyone heard that.
    Danai: April Fool Ya'll!​

June 2014
    Gold Derby interview @ around 12:40

Danai: She had a son. She had a man. We start to see that parallel, then we learn later in the season how she lost them, and how her son certainly parallels Carl in a way. And the way Rick does take care of his son, is something that, unfortunately, her man did not do. You start to realize how the connections -- why the connections -- are there, why she cares so much about these people.

February 2015 - TVGuide

Do you think Rick and Michonne's friendship is developing into something more?
    Gurira:
    We'll have to see. They do have such a great, intimate friendship and it did grow. I think the real test of a relationship is when it's in conflict. How do you get through that? They weren't in massive conflict in this episode, but they were, at a moment or two, not on the same page. The beauty of the friendship is that they went through that journey in this episode and it definitely came out even stronger. It's a fantastic thing that they have each other and they have that level of... love and support. Whatever happens, at the end of the day, they have a really fantastic connection.​

March 2015 - TVInsider

How would you describe the bond Michonne and Rick currently share?
    They are deeply intimate friends. There's a great, palpable intimacy there that isn't dependent on a romantic connection.

But she does do a double take when she sees him clean-shaven!
    [Laughs] Well, he's a handsome man!

April 2015 - London Evening Standard

Many fans of the show want Michonne to become romantically involved with the male protagonist, Rick, played by Andrew Lincoln. They even have a portmanteau nickname: Richonne.
    It makes total sense that [viewers] see something special. They have a very intimate friendship. It is a friendship, however. I have no idea what that evolves into next.” There’s a throaty laugh: “I appreciate that fans want Michonne to get some loving, though.”​

July 2015 - SDCC (Comicbook.com)

"There's a friendship there that is what I think I treasure about Michonne's connection with Rick," said Danai Gurira, who plays Michonne. "As I was saying in the panel, he was the one that challenged her to step out of who she was being and what she was becoming. After that fight with The Governor, she was becoming something quite ugly. And so it was that question of 'Who are you going to be right now?' And you know you want to be part of this community, but you're not going to be tolerated by the leader acting like this. And so that connection that was formed through her really having to become more humbled, more centered on 'Okay, I can't be this kind of person anymore,' that happened through Rick and so I think that caused her to have a respect for him and eventually I think he gained a trust and respect for her."​

Both of Them Speaking About Richonne While Together:

February 2013
    Panel with Chris Hardwick @ 29:30ish

Hardwick: Do you think Michonne has a breaking point ultimately? Or is she just way past it?
    DG: I think at the end of episode 8 for her there was some breaking points happening for her. [...] The loss of Andrea that she feels with that moment with her and the Governor cave where [Michonne] feels she's really lost Andrea. Andrea has chosen someone else over her. And that really leads her to kind of submitting to Rick and offering herself to him at the end of the episode. (suddenly flustered) N-not fully offering herself to him. That came out wrong.
    AL: [something, I can't understand] subtext.
    Hardwick: DVD extras!
    AL: I was gonna say...
    DG: (jokingly) Spoiler alert!​

July 2013
    ET Interview

Interviewer: What are you excited to see this season with Michonne?

Danai:
    Um, you know, everything. It's really kind of cool because she's been so kind of mysterious and she didn't really talk much last season (laughs (and andy does too it's so cute)) so I think it was kind of interesting - sort of like cracking her and seeing more and more of her and the fact that she is like committed to this community as you saw at the end of the season, but then it's still that loner mentality that she still has. So the question is how does that, you know, play out.​

AL: And the relationship with me.

Danai:
    And the relationship with Rick.​

October 2013 the Katie Couric show

Katie Couric asked Gurira about seeing the softer of her character in the new season. Danai says Michonne will continue to grow into the group, getting close to them. Without provocation, Andrew throws out, "We have a romance this season." "Oh yeah, of course," Gurira replies.
    When Katie asks Andrew to elaborate, he brushes off the comment, explaining, "I was just joking." "Or not," Steven Yeun (Glenn) pipes up.

October 2013: NYCC Comic Con Panel - starting at 20:08

YNB: But, there's a Richonne situation. [...] I wasn't the one who started Richonne. It was the other half of Norvette. That started Richonne. You know I'm telling the truth. You wanna talk about it?
    NR: No. That's you. That's all you.
    YNB: We were on The Talking Dead you guys and he said that Rick looked Danai - that Andrew looked Danai up in a scene.
    NR: He did - he did -
    AL: (scandalized) What?!
    NR: Andy, Andy I did. I spilled the beans on that one.
    YNB: My mind was so full of Carol and Daryl I didn't even think about that, but I looked again it was true! It's true!
    Danai: [laughing her ass off]
    AL: What scene was that?
    YNB: [describes the scene in the prison and Andy keeps blinking with his eyes wide open; Danai is shaking her head 'no']
    Danai: I'm gonna defend Andy here. I've heard this before. No he did not. He was looking introspectively at the ground.
    YNB: Right near your rear end.
    Danai: ... but you know I do appreciate that people want Michonne to get some. I do appreciate that.
    AL: Seriously guys, you do know Sarah Wayne Callies will kick my ass if this goes down in season four. Seriously. Maybe in a couple more seasons.
    Audience: [SHE'S GONE!]
    AL: She's gone!? You're cruel.​

July 2014 NY Daily News

It was natural then to ask if there could be a potential romance between Rick and Michonne.

"This is the No. 1 question we're asked," said Lincoln, before Riggs chimed in to add that he wanted to know, too, eliciting laughter from the whole table.

"I think the beauty of it is seeing the pain these two went through losing a child," Danai cryptically answers.​

July 2015 - SDCC The Walking Dead Panel

Fan: I find Rick and Michonne's interactions fascinating and I wanted to know what is Michonne to Rick at present? Because it kind of seems like she's the only one who can check him. So --
    AL: That is very true. I just want to say my mom is desperate for Rick and Michonne to get together. If she's watching this now, she'll be very happy I'm saying this, but she goes, 'If you had any political balls you'd try to get those two people together.' She gets quite fired up about it. Uh, but that's -- I'm not campaigning... Scott.
    SG: Oh no, and I've received the calls from your mom.
    AL: But I agree, yeah. Michonne is a fellow warrior. He respects her so much. And they've been through so much, you know. He trusts her with his life. And with his childrens' lives.
    DG: I think for Michonne, [Rick] was actually the person who checked her at the very beginning. Like in the episode "Clear" -- even before then -- she was kind of buck wild. And she just fought the Governor and he was gonna kick her out. That whole moment where she knew she had to change was because he checked her. And that caused an indelible respect that I think just keeps reverberating through their friendship.​

July 2015 - EW Radio Interview with Dalton

Dalton: [To Danai] Apparently Andy’s mom said she wants Rick and Michonne to get together, what do you make of that? What is that all about?
    Danai: What do I think about that? Well, I don’t know what I think of it, Andy?
    Andy: Why would you– after I’ve just been told to shut up? Why would you send the question back to me when plainly they don’t want me to speak?
    Danai: ‘Cause it’s your mama!​

Showrunner's Words:

March 2013 Business Insider

A Rick and Michonne pairing is not out of the question:
    Sure, Rick's wife Lori passed away a few episodes ago, and he has a new baby to take care of, but that didn't stop fans from suggesting there may be something more between the two after sharing an intimate conversation the other week.
    "I would think that Rick's too caught up in Carl and making sure that he takes care of Judith to see that happen anytime soon, but beyond that, I would say never say never" says David Alpert.​

September 2013 Blaster

Series creator Robert Kirkman says he “wouldn’t necessarily rule a romance out,” but he reminds us that Rick’s “wife did just die in a horrible way, so I don’t think any kind of romance is really on his radar just yet.” Kirkman does, however, concede that the two are growing closer. “They are definitely forming a friendship,” he acknowledges. “They have a very large mutual respect for each other because of their capabilities and their ability to trust one another, and I think that’s a lot of what was growing in the [Season 3] episode where they both went off on a run together.”​

October 2013
    SDCC Panel - around marker 19:50 fan asks Richonne question

Kirkman's Response: "Yeah, what do you guys think of that? Does that sound like a good plan?" [...] "Anything is possible."
    (then Hardwick says the "They're sitting together! it must mean something" and Andy cracks, "We're playing footsie")​

March 2014 TV Guide

Interviewer: And he has Michonne as his support system.

Kirkman:
    These are two characters that, at the beginning of the season, felt somewhat alone. That caused a bond between them to form. They both have a very unique relationship with Carl that has also brought them closer. This relationship could obviously go in some interesting directions moving forward.

October 2014 Hollywood Reporter

Interviewer: Rick is going to be surrounded by a lot of couples this year — Glenn and Maggie, Sasha and Bob and, at some point, Abraham and Rosita. Could his relationship withMichonne turn romantic?

Gimple:
    At the end of last season, we didn't really get to see Abraham and Rosita as a couple as much. There was not room in the things that were happening to them to see them as a couple. But, there is a scene this season where we define them as a couple very quickly. As far as Rick and Michonne, their relationship will grow even more intimate and even more tight, but I don't know if there's really going to be room for romance with the things that are happening. They're very close. I was talking to Danai about it, and she referred to Michonne as being Rick's "work wife." So maybe they'll wind up like Pam and Jim [on The Office], but that took a long time.

October 2014 TVLine

"It gets very intense very quick, very terrifying very quick." Beyond the opener, look for Rick and Michonne's still-platonic relationship to deepen. "The importance of who they are to each other grows, and that emotional intimacy gets developed even more," says [Gimple], before quickly adding, "That doesn't necessarily mean [it will turn into a] romance." Loosely translated: It doesn't necessarily mean it won't!

February 2015 Vulture

“You’re gonna see something very interesting develop between them,” Hurd said. “Very interesting, and incredibly unexpected. You’ll see a certain kind of love.”​

July 2015 SDCC (ComicBook.com)

"They have a very intimate relationship," said showrunner Scott Gimple. "That's the funny thing: People are like, 'Oh, my God, what if they were together?' It's like, they're really, really intimate. I mean, they have done things for each other that's familial or deep, deep, deep friendship. The way that they spoke together, for example, in [Season Four, Episode] 16, it was meant to convey just how far these people have come with each other."​

Tymaaf, vinivre, Armte and 32 others like this.
  2. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    We are so blessed to have you in the fandom...I'm adding Richonne historian to your many other titles! thank you for this, I love to read anything about how our ship came to be:hearts:

3. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    And of course I forgot the "smoking gun" quote as I always like to call it. From Robert Kirkman.

Right before season 5 aired, Robert Kirkman had an interview with Entertainment Weekly where he was asked:

Do you have anything to say about romance beyond Glenn and Maggie in season 5?

Kirkman's response was very intriguing:

"There’s certainly more couples. I wouldn’t say that the entire group is starting to pair off, but there’s been some hints. I think if you go back and watch season 4, you’ll see some indication as to relationships that are forming here and there. Sadly, I would say that Daryl’s situation remains somewhat ambiguous, or should I not say that?"​

As a reminder, the opening moments of the season 4 premiere:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

“These little bristles... they'll take root, and you'll have a whole new plant.”

[​IMG]

Throughout 4B, we had:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kirkman was most assuredly referring to Bob/Sasha and Rick/Michonne. While not an established couple in season 4, Bob and Sasha were definitely heading into that territory, and their relationship was cemented more firmly in season 5, though tragically cut short. He was also, in all likelihood, referring to the budding ~something between Rick and Michonne when he made that quote. (As he also said Daryl's situation was ambiguous.)

This was always my favorite one for all these reasons.

4. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It was a wild ride. Back in those days, we clung to everything. Which is why we had so many compilation posts. I mean, we read and watched every interview for Richonne nuggets. Some of those are obscure references, but we dug them up like a pig hunting for truffles.

5. Valerie

Valerie Professional procrastinator....
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Wow I wasn't around either and these quotes omg they never shut it down completely there was always a possibility and Andy and Danai were on board . I feel blessed :hearts:

6. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:

BWahahaha...:lol::lol::lol:

How ridiculously precious are Danai :flirt: and Andy :yay:here? LMBO! Poor Andy letting it out they are muzzling him and can't even keep THAT a secret and then lamenting to Danai why she would put him in the hot seat in that situation... Danai: ‘Cause it’s your mama! :lol:

7. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Ok this totally explains SDCC, I didn't know they actually tell Andy to shut up:lol:

July 2015
    - EW Radio Interview with Dalton

Dalton: [To Danai] Apparently Andy’s mom said she wants Rick andMichonne to get together, what do you make of that? What is that all about?
    Danai: What do I think about that? Well, I don’t know what I think of it, Andy?
    Andy: Why would you– after I’ve just been told to shut up? Why would you send the question back to me when plainly they don’t want me to speak?
    Danai: ‘Cause it’s your mama!

8. Rhona

Rhona Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Honestly thank you @doctorgrimes for this compilation. I am newish to the fandom ( thnx goodness bc Idk if I could have handled yrs of this angst) but seeing all these lovely seeds that were planted to create a blossoming flower is everything. I thought I had seen or read all interviews but I was delightfully wrong . This fandom is amazing and I am seriously grateful to be a part of it.

9. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well I appreciate all of you that were in the trenches. I can't imagine feeling the way I feel about Richonne now back then. It would have probably driven me crazy:omg:

I was just watching and hoping they would get together but not counting on it. That helped me keep my expectations low (which is why I flipped my shit when they went canon, I was so so happy and shocked)...if I knew about all these interviews and the promo and got all into it like I am now, the wait would have been excruciating :gabe: Props to all of you long term Richonners for staying sane!

#9 Danaisbestie, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  10. epiath

epiath Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Loose Lips Lincoln

Nightmare, luv and Danaisbestie like this.
  11. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yes, we could always depend on AL to give us some nugget to hold on to for dear life. In fact, he told us exactly that, to hold on while things were rough in Season 6, and we did. Oh, Andy:lol::lol: DG kept her cards pretty close to the vest and made the words "intimate friends" her favorite phrase to describe Richonne:flirt: But we were hanging on to any and everything to further our belief that Richonne was indeed on the way, and we had lots to hold on to from red carpet photos to interviews to CC's, promos, key art, TTD, Easter eggs, etc., that was analyzed and broken down to the nth degree, lol! A few things we were slightly off on, but most of it we were right on point. We just followed the breadcrumbs, and, boy, was it a long journey, but so worth it. Makes it all the more sweeter now:)

Not in any particular order, but since Season 3.

Part 1:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

vinivre, Nightmare, Armte and 12 others like this.
  12. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Part 2:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is where Richonne began:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

#12 walkinggirl26, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  13. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yesssss Nicotero was on Andy-sitting duty. He was watching him like a hawk. :lol:

14. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I wasn't in the fandom pre-canon either. But once I became a fan after viewing TNW, I went on YouTube and practically devoured so many pre-canon interviews. Some of these I've seen, and some I haven't. And as I've said before, I'm actually glad I wasn't a fan pre-canon because I would have left way before S6 highly upset that my ship hasn't happened yet. So I commend those who stuck it out for the long run. Don't know if I could have done it. Cause I've been disappointed before. I'm looking at you Sleepy Hollow/Ichabbie. :sasha:

Thanks for putting this together, Doc! @Doctor Grimes. And for the gifs, @walkinggirl26!

15. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What a perfect way to end Thanksgiving......THANK YOU @Doctor Grimes for digging up these treasures. They never ever get old. And to @Danaisbestie and other newer shippers, don't feel sorry for us at all. Trust me, the fun of shipping is the hope, the yearning, the analyzing, the cheering and celebrating when there are small breakthroughs, it's all part of the experience. I joined the fandom in October 2014 when Season 5 started and had no idea what I was getting myself into. I was so very fortunate to find my sisters in ship on another site and they showed me the way. And, yes, Doctor Grimes was as brilliant then as she is now!!

What a ride it's been. I STILL re-watch some of these interviews as a pick me up and it feels so freaking good to have all of our meta and receipt gathering get validated with our couple going canon last season and continuing to develop their relationship this season.

It hasn't been easy to be be a Richonne shipper but, my GOD, has it been rewarding as hell.

Best part, of course, is meeting all of you wonderful people!!

16. epiath

epiath Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Love the second gif. DG was so over Lincoln at this moment. Lol. Andy from the flip phone era. :lol::lol:But seriously, there are many people who do not know what shipping is. I don't even know how I knew what it was, but I was using the term very early and my fam was looking at me like "I know you were raised better than to be using a noun as a verb". :eek: I think they get it now, maybe...

17. epiath

epiath Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I remember Norvette like it was last night! When I watched that Talking Dead I was so glad that Rick got called out. I am sure everybody saw it. Real obvi. Did anyone find out why Lincoln did that. How many takes did he do? Did he do that all the time? Lol. Precious! XD:laugh::roflmao::lol:

mellowalkerstalker likes this.
  18. epiath

epiath Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Richonne do love to mirror though. Yeup. It is always a good look!!!!!

19. epiath

epiath Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Lol. When I saw that clip the first thing that came to mind was "they have him under manners!"

20. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Bless you! I always like to go back and reminisce on the pre-canon days because it really is a testament to how far we've come. I'm glad it's all in one place where we can sit back and relive how we were right all along. :rickgrin::flirt:

Doctor Grimes likes this.