1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Q&A for "Swear" (7x06) from TSDF

Discussion in '7x06: Swear' started by Kordas, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Mullet of Lies

Mullet of Lies Drowning in an Ocean
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  2. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner

Seriously, this is just too much. Nothing for Tara? Eff that! :rant: Some straight BS righr here!! Ughh, when this episide held SOME promise. First Maggie, Sasha and TF aren't shown until days after Lucille so we missed the initial grieving process, yet we are shown an entire episode of DD being "tortured " (whatevs) with the Saviors (don't curr) but NO moments with Tara?! :hot: She was close to Gleggie as well so this just sucks all around.

I am hoping the rest is made up with meeting the Ocean side characters and a glimpse of Heath, who I hope is NOT dead. He is the only AZ besides Aaron, Eric, Scott l, Tobin and poor Olivia that I like. I am hoping that this does not turn out to be along the lines of The Cell which bored me to tears. I am looking forward to seeing Tara again since she is TF and Heath as well.

#42 ALDGRichonneLover, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  3. Gekari

Gekari Garbage Purring Kitty ि०॰०ॢी
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    So... Another episode I'll watch just to check the next episode promo :harold:

Ratings prediction: 9 ~ 10 million views.
    My rate & review prediction: probably < 5.

#43 Gekari, Nov 22, 2016
    Michele and Harshmallow like this.
  4. Buttons&Applesauce

Buttons&Applesauce Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    What a crock. :grumpy:

box5angel likes this.
  5. nat_richonne

nat_richonne The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    In the back pocket of Michonne's tight jeans.
    Really though? A bottle episode for Tara and they can't dedicate a scene to her learning/grieving the deaths of her girlfriend and family members?

#45 nat_richonne, Nov 22, 2016
  6. vinivre

vinivre Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    So it seems the writers are using Tara just to introduce this new group of people. They are dedicating a whole episode to this o_O
    That is a waste of an episode to just throw a bunch of new characters at us. The writers could have woven the intro story of the Oceanside people into the other episodes, slowly introducing them until they become important to the over plot with Rick and Negan.
    I'm not a Tara fan but it's ridiculous that we do not get to see her grieve for Denise but especially Glenn as he was the one that saved her from the prison! We could have gotten a real emotional scene with her remembering Glenn and Abe when they were on the road together, while Rosita comforts her. T_T
    Anyway, this why I think Gimp is terrible show runner, he has no idea about how to structure and pace the story line.

7. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Sounds boring :|

8. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So, it sounds less like a Tara bottle episode and more like an Oceanside bottle episode, which could go either way.

I'm baffled they're glossing over Tara's reaction. I think the writers are hoping that since they spaced this episode so far from Denise and Glenn & Abe's death that the audience won't mind the lack of reaction. :lori:

Buttons&Applesauce likes this.
  9. Iguessiamhere

Iguessiamhere Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron

Walker Pets:

Well, the writers are wrong. I would understand this scene of Tara finding out about it last season. I might of excuse it if it was squeezed in a heavily pack episode not about her, but they have a whole episode and decide not to give more weight to the scene of Tara finding about Denise, Glenn, and Abraham. They couldn't give up a couple minutes of this plot heavy episodes to show the reaction more in depth. Tara love Denise and Denise didn't get a chance to say she love her too. Can you image the scene where Rosita reveal this to Tara as well. I guess that what the audience have to do, because you just going to have to assume Rosita told her. I don't care for Tara, mostly because they don't write for. She mostly just there. I don't like this at all.

10. Rickscolt

Rickscolt Eating your protein bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :|
    Are they really skipping Tara's reaction to the murders of Denise, Glenn and Abe? Damn, I was so excited to see her reaction to everything, even more than the new community/people/Heath.

What is it with the writers, thou? They always skip or fast forward grief.

Atributetoorange likes this.
  11. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Ugh...I don't know...I was excited for last week's episode based on the summary and ended up being a major letdown. Since I have low expectations for that one....

12. mellowalkerstalker

mellowalkerstalker Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I wasn't that excited about this episode to begin with and now i'm just... ugh... what a disservice to Tara, Denise, Glenn and Abe!

13. Ashley

Ashley Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    The Episode Countdown Clock on the main page should read: "10 days, 23 hours, etc... till 7x07". My mind doesn't believe an episode is airing on Sunday. :lori:

14. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    The Oceanside community seems interesting. I'll have to see how that goes.
    So I guess Heath could end up being one of those characters that we never see or hear from again. Or it may depend on how Corey's new show does.

Buttons&Applesauce likes this.
  15. candi18z

candi18z Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:

That is Gimple's mo. He will show the most horrific deaths imaginable but there will be little to no reaction from the characters. Gimple will use the death to move the characters on without really showing the grief or any reactions to the death.

16. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    Not surprised. The immediate fallout of the No Way Out arc was completely glossed over, we got a 6 week time jump instead (confirmed on TTD) Why should Tara grieving over Abe, Denise and Glenn be any different? Lazy writing.

#56 tuswig, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  17. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm with you. He pissed me off when he was questioning Michonne's motives and talking smack about Rick in Thank You, but she set him straight. Still I wouldn't be broken up if he didn't make it back, especially after hearing what he says to Tara in Swear. It's like he still doesn't get it. But I wonder does he just leave Tara? Is he dead? Will he go back to the ASZ or just say screw 'em and strike out on his own like Morales and just never see him again?

ReeciePiecey likes this.
  18. Michele

Michele Code Poet
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It is now more obvious than ever that Denise was used to serve as manpain for :itt:. Alanna isn't the strongest of actor I agree but even so, as Denise SO and as one of Glenn closest pal by choice not only by circonstances, she deserved to be shown grieving.

TWD is basically telling us that the 2 seconds "relationship" between Daryl and Denise carried more weight than the one between Denise and Tara. Keep in mind that they were supposed to be in love.

AS for Tara, Glenn and Abe, I guess GREATM was a joke. WIll not stay awake for this one. I might catch up online along with the sneak peeks and promo for 7x07 the next day.

19. Michroolz

Michroolz Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Amen.