1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Rank the Seasons from Best to Worst

Discussion in 'Episodes' started by Doctor Grimes, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So now that season 6 is over, how does it stack in comparison to seasons 1-5? What's your favorite season? Least favorite season?

My ranking:
    1. Season 2
    2. Season 4
    3. Season 1
    4. Season 3 & 5 (tied)
    5. Season 6
    I am a pretty big fan of seasons 2, 4, and 1 because I felt they were fairly consistent in quality and characterization. There's not many episodes I skip on re-watches.

Season 2 had the incredible Shane v. Rick conflict; and I enjoyed the introduction of the Greene family. It only got bogged down in the beginning with how long the search for Sophia dragged on, but I also understand why that arc took so long. Season 2 also boasts two of the strongest "anchor" episodes in the series: "Pretty Much Dead Already" and "Beside the Dying Fire."

Season 4 had the interesting flu/sickness arc (which I know many didn't like, but I found it realistic and finally something like that was addressed) which allowed Hershel to shine before he went out the door. The climax to the Governor conflict was also gripping -- as was watching the group slowly come back together after they lost their home. I also adore the heavy Grimes 2.0 goodness in 4B.

The only part season 4 I didn't like (besides all the Beth and Daryl escapades) was so little Rick; it was the season where he continually kept getting sidelined. So much so I had to create a "Rick Tracking Guide".

Season 1 was just a great introduction to the series, but at times I felt the characters were just too naive; which makes sense because it was the beginning, but it's no less irritating to watch. It's also hard to rate it fairly since it was only six episodes. I will say "Days Gone Bye" is still my favorite episode of this series as a whole -- and I adore "Guts" so much.

Seasons 3 & 5 I enjoyed, but both seasons also had some issues.

I would rank season 3 higher if the pacing wasn't so bizarre and Andrea's character hadn't been utterly assassinated by the Woodbury subplot (which I really didn't care for at all and took up a chunk of the story). But I did enjoy the "team family" feeling the group had this season; a good bulk of character development happened inside those prison walls. This season also never felt dull -- something was always going on.

Season 5 had some good episodes -- some of my favorites actually ("No Sanctuary" to "Four Walls and a Roof" was a thrilling run), but then this season had the incredibly stupid Grady Memorial arc. Fortunately, it came back strong with the group on the road, pushed to the ragged edge, only to then slid into blah again once they got to Alexandria. (And introduced us to one of the worst plot arcs in this series: the Anderson family drama)

Season 6 was just... not so good. When I can only say I somewhat like about half of the season, that's pretty bad. 6A was almost a complete disaster (saved only by the first couple episodes) and 6B started strong (Richonne, Jesus, Hilltop, "Not Tomorrow Yet"), but had some massive clunkers near the end (Carol's OOC ragequit; Denise's death to fuel Daryl's manpain; Rick's uneven characterization).

Lyra_Nation likes this.
  2. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    ... it just pisses me off because I keep thinking: How did they screw up season 6 so bad? It had all the things that should've made it great.

1. No Way Out. Holy horde of walkers, Batman! This should've been a flash-in-the-pan but gory, thrilling adventure. Instead they dragged out the entire plot for over eight episodes.

2. The chop.
    They ruined the chop with stilted pacing and bizarre interjected flashes of Jessie's face. In the comic, it was so much more killer because Rick is so ready with it -- it's just *THWACK!* "Sorry!" moving on. By slowing it down, it was unrealistic and cringeworthy.

3. Morgan's return!
    I am one of the few people who probably likes Morgan practicing Aikido, but the fact Morgan and Rick's relationship was being touted as the backbone of this series for the two to only really interact near the end of the season was bizarre as all hell. The fact they had them interact after Rick told Daryl he was right in "The Next World" makes this even more bizarre. In order for Rick and Morgan to have meaningful interaction near the end of the season, they had to have Rick regress to the shit he was saying in 6A (which he had already moved past). It was awkward.

4. Richonne!
    Okay, I love the way they came together (I really have no complaints), and I will never diss Richonne (since it's the only blessing of this season), but fact is they damaged it inadvertently by bigging up Jessie as much as they did and providing no padding in between her death and Rick/Michonne's make-out session. While I can understand it, and I think it makes it even more hilarious how nonessential Jessie truly was in the end, the general audience was confused. This has also caused pain for shippers who have to face people calling Jessie "Rick's girlfriend" and that "all the women Rick loves have died", etc. In shot, by drawing out Jessick for the equivalent of almost a season, they made Richonne appear as almost an afterthought to the casual viewer.

5. CARL'S EYE
    . Like, holy shit. This moment should've been a shocker that rattled Rick to his core, indelibly changed Carl's outlook on life (even his personality); it should've been gripping emotional drama. Instead it was all but handwaved away by one maudlin (but powerfully acted) speech by Rick and a time-jump that did no one any favors. We never saw Carl react to his trauma except in one throw-away line to Rick in "Knots Untie". How the fuck did they botch this so badly?

6. LUCILLE. The shocker of shockers -- Negan cracking a beloved character's head open with a barbed wire bat. THIS SHOULD'VE BEEN SEEN. This should've been felt. Instead we're left in Lucille limbo for months. Way to sap all the dramatic and emotional tension out of the moment, show. They should've just tabled Negan's song-and-dance for 7.01 if they were going to pull such a cheap trick.

7. Jesus's introduction. I love Jesus, and I don't mind how he was introduced, but we didn't get to see much of him at all where he was a very present force in the comic world.

ALL OF THOSE THINGS SHOULD'VE MADE THIS SEASON AMAZING. One of the best! Yet somehow they ended up half-assing, tainting, or not executing them as well as they possibly could have.

That's what I think makes season 6 the worst disappointment (and season) of all -- there was no damn reason for it to be bad. Had they even just done these seven things 100% right, this season would've been the best. (Although, like I said, I can't really complain about Richonne; "The Next World" was cute as fuck lol)

Mousey, hightop, Bazooka Jane and 2 others like this.
  3. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    1. Season 3
    2. Season 1
    3. Season 2 (Season 1 and Season 2 are pretty interchangeable to me)
    4. Season 4
    5. Season 5
    6. Season 6

The show has been getting progressively worse since season 4 in my opinion...People stopped talking like people, more stuff started to happen offscreen, and team family interaction disintegrated

#3 Lyra_Nation, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  4. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    When I really think about it, TWD is such an uneven show lol. I have to break most of them into them into halves to do this right; this is ranked in terms of how much I hated the bad stuff in each season/half-season compared to how much I loved the good stuff:

1. 2B- hated the stupidity of bringing Randall back to the farm; loved Rick v. Shane.
    2. 6B- hated the cliffhanger and the heavy Carol emphasis; loved Richonne and the plot actually moved!
    3. S1- hated the tendancy towards cheesy sentimentality; love the cinematography and the characters felt organic.
    4. S3- hated Andrea and that the prison arc didn't wrap up; loved Michonne and the closeness of prison crew.
    5. 4B- all the non-Grimes 2.0 episodes; loved the Grimes 2.0 episodes + neck biting!
    6. 4A- those fucking Governor episodes; the finale was great and again, the closeness of TF was everything.
    7. 5A- fucking Grady; loved Rick's feralness.
    8. 5B- the Andersons and Shane!Rick jfc; everything pre-ASZ was great.
    9. 6A-Glenngate and most of it was a slog to get through with no resolution; first 3 episodes were good.
    10. 2A-The whole thing was poison, with the exception of Sophia coming out of the barn.

Doctor Grimes and DixonGrimes like this.
  5. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is going to sound awful and I hope no one takes this the wrong way but my favorite three seasons were all before I joined the fandom. I had not one drop of cynicism running through my veins, gleefully binge watched the first three seasons where I:

Seasons 1 & 2:
    Fell in love with Rick
    Became fascinated by the need for him to protect his family
    Didn't mind Carl (I know right? Season 1 & 2 Carl?)
    Loved loved loved the conflict between Rick and Shane
    Loved the farm because THE CHARACTERS WERE TOGETHER AND TALKING TO EACH OTHER
    Still liked Daryl and even shipped him with Carol
    Fell in lust with Rick during Nebraska
    Numerous all time favorite episodes come from these two season for me and I've rewatched them when I need a reminder of why I fell in love with this show to begin with.

Season 3:
    LOVED the premiere and the takeover of the prison
    Loved Michonne's introduction and was immediately fascinated by her character (and jfc she was not MUTE)
    Loved cold soldier Carl- he's actually one of my favorite iterations of Carl to this day tbh
    Clear is in my top 3 favorite episodes
    While Andrea annoyed the shit out of me, there was enough development and storyline to have her not ruin the season for me.

Season 4 was when I joined the fandom. Season 4 was when I became obsessed....and nitpicky....and my cynicism was born.
    I watched live week to week so when an episode sucked, I was irritated that I had to wait another week for more content. Do NOT underestimate the power of binge watching vs. watching live. It's huge as far as expectations go.
    Glimmers of shippy feelings were starting in 4a but I still had blinders on regarding Richonne's true potential so the Rick as farmer arc and the illness arc are what I focused on and I just wasn't feeling it to be honest.
    Only one episode 4.8, makes my top 10 all time favorite list, which says something.
    4.6 & 4.7 literally almost made me rage quit the show. My kids had to talk me off the ledge. Little did I know the bottle episode hell that was in my future.
    4B was TORTURE. Pure TORTURE. I became a full time Richonne shipper in 4.9 (After) and then was happy to see them in 4.11 then had to wait THREE WEEKS to catch a 5 minute scene with them and then another week before the finale. I loathe loathe LOATHE bottle episodes that suck and don't have Rick, the main character in them.

Season 5 I watched through a shipper's eyes and only loved the first three episodes. The rest of 5A tanked for me, including the MSF. 5b started out great with 5.9-5.12, burped for 5.13-5.15 and then finished strong. So 5 was a mixed bag.

Season 6 followed the same pattern- First 4 episodes were great...last 4 not so much. 6b started out great starting with the END of 6.9-6.12 but then fizzled out for the rest of the season.

I would rank my seasons in this order (again with being GA helping my level of enjoyment and nostalgia):

Season 2
    Season 1
    Season 3
    Season 5
    Season 4
    Season 6

6. Silas

Silas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You know what, I sat and thought about this and came to a scary realization.

1. Season 2 - I loved that god damn farm even if no one else did. It was when you really got the idea of what type of beast TWD was, the way it would constantly ask morally ambiguous questions, which I live for.

2. Season 1 - I almost put it first, they're pretty much tied. Days Gone Bye will always be my favorite episode, Tell It The Frogs has one of my favorite scenes. This show started with such high quality shit that I don't even like rewatching anymore cuz the new stuff doesn't hold up in any capacity.

3. Season 3 - Hated this season at first. But after many rewatches it really is the last season where TWD feels like...TWD, at least to me. I have read the comics this far through so I can at least say it was one the last times they took something from the comics and improved it. Rick's trip to crazy town lasted a bit too long but at the time it felt new, purposeful, and necessary.

4. Season 4 - Was I the only one that thought the idea of an illness was interesting? For once a threat that wasn't human....until 4B fizzled out with bottle episodes.

5. Season 5 - I really couldn't stand season five. There were a few episodes that I really, really liked but overall I felt disappointed at every turn.

6. Season 6 - Had so much promise, so many things I was looking forward to and I actually believed it might be the shows turning point and things would finally get better. Obviously, I was wrong. I think that's why I put this season at the bottom of my list, because they ruined it's potiential. It really should've been their best season in a long time. My own bitterness is probably clouding my judgement but other than Richonne, Gabriel's standing up, and a few other things...it all fell flat.

It's kinda depressing to see it all listed this way. The seasons just keep getting worse and worse, at least for me. I'm noticing a pattern that I don't much like.

#6 Silas, Apr 13, 2016
    hewontgo, hightop, Jon Snows and 4 others like this.
  7. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    While I enjoyed season 4 (since I liked the illness arc and the Grimes 2.0 stuff), I agree that it seems to be getting worse because the depth isn't there anymore. Sometimes this show feels like Gimple running through a checklist of comic moments as opposed to actually developing these characters outside of their comic roots. The earlier seasons felt more differentiated from the comic material, and they were welcome changes for the most part.

DixonGrimes likes this.
  8. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am agreeing with you and @MamaGrimes and @Lyra_Verse on this point that the show does seem to be progressively getting worse.

The only reason I rank season 4 highly because of the flu arc and Grimes 2.0, but otherwise the earlier seasons feel the strongest overall. Likewise the sole reason I have season 3 ranked in tandem with 5 is the godawful treatment of Andrea's character. It made me spit venom when I watched season three, and I'll never shake that feeling from my mouth. Having her shack up with the Governor for that entire arc is something for which I will never forgive this show. The needless deaths were also a little overkill for my tastes, but it's sad I'm welcoming it now in comparison to Gimple's "play it safe" routine. Barring those elements, season 3 was pretty strong, was action-packed, and I still attribute that season for being the last benchmark that established the "team family" dynamic as the characters actually interacted in those days.

Since Gimple took over, the characters rarely seem to interact, and even when they do, it feels borne out of some plot necessity (like beefing up characters before they die) or to spew some watered-down philosophical nonsense that's murky and unrealistic. The group doesn't feel cohesive anymore. It's like Gimple is running through a checklist of comic moments to hit.

It's so strange because Gimple wrote some of the best episodes of this series, but as a showrunner, it's like everything is getting stretched thin.

hewontgo, MamaGrimes, hightop and 2 others like this.
  9. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    season 6
    season 3
    season 4
    season 2
    season 1
    season5

Sasha's Living Room likes this.
  10. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My best to worst....

**Best** Season 6. My Favorite ONLY bc Richonne happened:hearts:, Rick is my fav character and I've waited 6 seasons to see him happy. Now he is finally happy. Michonne is the only character that I ship him with and she's the only character that is worthy of him. I'll just pretend that 6A & Jblah mess don't exist. "The next world," is my fav epi of all time because no one died, Richonne happened & my 2 favs Rick and Daryl had so much screen time and I loved every second of it :hearts:I'm really excited for the arrival of Negan and Dwight. I think if TWD continues on this path they will get better and better. I don't hate S6 like most do and I guess because I hate S2 so much I don't know how it can be worse.

Season 5. I like this one bc seeing Rick all savage and crazy was a major turn on (don't judge me lol :roflmao:) and the classic lines "we didn't want to waste the bullets." Rick was funny lol. I liked the Terminus storyline because it was different and I didn't know spoilers at the time and finding out they were cannibals I was like :eek: lol..The episode "Them" is one of my fav episodes of all time. I loved how even tho they didn't have food, water, or cars they didn't turn on each other. I need S7 to show more moments like this like when they were in the barn huddled together.

Season 4. The governor vs TF was epic. I loved to hate the governor. I really liked how Michonne and Rick were friends now and the hostility was gone. :)

Season 3. This one was good but didn't really grab me like the recent seasons. I was happy when Lori died, that was a long time coming that I had waited for XD

Season 1. This one at only 6 episodes is hard to judge but I did love how Rick was walking around in boxers for most of episodes :p

**Worst** Season 2. Probably my most hated season. I don't watch it. Seeing Sophia was painful, I don't like seeing kids hurt. This was the season I did fall in love with Daryl because he was the ONLY member to still look for Sophia EVEN when Carol her own mother had given up (the moment my hate for her Carol began). When people now hate Daryl this is how I remember/ look at him, he has a big heart and I think a lot of people forget that......Out of every character that's ever been, I hate Lori the most. Like full on hate. She was such an ungrateful b*tch and treated Rick like complete garbage. When while he's not perfect Rick is a really good guy even after finding out his wife slept with his best friend he still put TF's needs in front of his own and stayed calm. She always needed Rick or Shane or any man to lead the group (this is why I respect Michonne she is her own leader). The only highlight for me this entire season was when Maggie called Lori a b*tch lol :D

11. Silas

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I've thought about this a lot lately because I hate being bitter about my show. I don't much like the pissy Bitter Betty attitude I've adopted lately and it seems like I can't say anything in relation to this show without my disappointment getting in the way. And I really think it's a problem with the story they're trying to tell, not just Gimple's show running abilities. Their world is getting too big for a television show. The group used to have depth because it had time to have depth, the plots weren't as large...neither was the cast. You could really sink your teeth into the issues and dynamics within the group.

It's one the reasons I've always dreaded when the show got to this part of the comics....there's just too much going on for it to translate onto the screen, especially in the way we're used to. At least not in the way that Season 1 and 2 could. We were a bit spoiled with those but damn if I'm not glad for it. Sometimes I think it's too big of a story to be told, especially in the same fashion that earlier seasons could be. I know a lot of people compare this show to GoT because they're both big stories with an ensemble cast but The Walking Dead wasn't always this big. Also, TWD was very, very character driven, what it prides itself on and what the audience seems to want more of. GoT is an amazing show but when you think about it, the characters really don't get much screentime...their screentime just covers a lot of ground. It's very plot driven. I like GoT but for far different reasons than I like TWD.

Anyway, the point of this ramble. Sometimes I don't think it's all Gimple's fault. I just don't think you can properly tell a meaty, indepth, character driven show when you have so many characters and arcs to cover, all in 42 minutes. Could he be doing a better job? Probably. But I just need to accept that it's a different beast now and stop comparing to earlier seasons. Cuz that always results in me being disappointed.

hewontgo, Armte, ReeciePiecey and 2 others like this.
  12. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    3A is the best the show has ever been.
    4B worked well and has surprisingly good character development.
    5A had good momentum and some good development, as well as some decent Team Family.
    3B was okay.
    2B was also okay.
    S1 was totally overrated but good enough.
    5B was awkward and complicated but kind of necessary.
    6B was average but had Richonne so hey.
    2A was dull.
    4A I don't even remember 99% of it.
    6A can go fuck itself.

hightop, Lyra_Nation and DixonGrimes like this.
  13. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I have thought the same exact thing -- and I dreaded this part of the comic as well for the same reasons.

As you mentioned with Game of Thrones, I have to agree that it was never much of a character-driven series. It's entirely focused on plot intricacy; it's like Dune in the sense it's more political than emotional (not to say there aren't emotional moments, but overall I couldn't tell you much about the characters except some surface-level traits). It's actually that reason I stopped watching -- I realized I didn't care at all about these people. Yeah, watching the gears turning is fun and all, but if I don't give a crap about their lives? At the end of the day? It just isn't for me.

You said it best: The Walking Dead never used to be so big. It all started as a small pod of people in a quarry outside of Atlanta. Now there's other communities, new characters, the ghosts of dead characters in the characters' minds, a large ensemble cast, etc. It's just getting so bogged down by plot -- a plot without an end. Unlike GoT, there is no real endgame, which is why it feels so aimless. Which is why, for a show like this, there has to be character focus as that's the glue holding it together. Only having a 45 minute time slot doesn't help either when there's so many people to cycle through.

Gimple is a great character writer when he's allowed to dive into their psychology -- and I think that's why he digs bottle episodes. He did them well! "18 Miles Out" and "Clear" are two of my favorite episodes -- both Gimple-written -- both bottle episodes. However, he now uses it as a cheap crutch to pad and fill, squeeze in some character development that suits the plot. Like "The Same Boat" being used as a vehicle to transform Carol into someone on the verge of a breakdown so she would uncharacteristically leave the ASZ (solely to fuel a comic plot). It was a good episode in how it lasered its focus, but the motive behind it was ultimately flawed.

By the show having to pull the lens back more and more, it is beginning to water down the parts of this series I loved so much. This is why I want the show to just focus on one group. Namely: Grimes 2.0. In sooth, they're the core, the heart, of what this show is about: a man trying to keep his family together in the ZA.

Not to say the focus can't be shared or doled to others at times -- but ultimately all development of other characters should go to the service of Rick's story. At least until Rick dies.

Of course this is me speaking as a Rick fan, but he is the lead. And this show? To get back to its roots and save itself? Needs to strap the camera to Rick's ass (not literally but I wouldn't mind that either lol). It started to lose focus once Rick started disappearing for long stretches of time.

hewontgo, MamaGrimes and Silas like this.
  14. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Pretty much agree with you word for word. Although, I think I would have bought more into the prison flu arc if someone I actually cared about died, not even a major character but just someone who I knew and was connected to, which is why I think Milton should have survived season 3 and took Dr. S's place in season 4.

#14 tuswig, Apr 13, 2016
    Lyra_Nation likes this.
  15. Silas

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I feel you 100%. A lot of viewers started this show with Rick, I watched the night it premiered on Halloween and it was handed to me as a show about a man and his family. Don't get me wrong, I fully expected other plots and characters to shine and matter but you really got to know this character and care. I'm not as big of a shipper as some, I won't lie, but when Richonne started to be dangled in front of me I was excited. Finally, we were gonna get that dynamic back.

When I really, really think about...Rick Grimes FINALLY has a family again. Not that Carl and Judy weren't his family, but you know what I mean. And holy fucking shit this should be amazing. It's a huge deal. We need to see more of it because it really is what launched the show off the ground and continued to fuel it for three seasons. They executed it well but I wanna sink my teeth in it. I want to know what Rick is thinking about this, I want to know what Michonne is thinking, I want to shine a magnifying glass on it and pick it apart. I want it to be a huge driving factor again.

Gimple does write amazing episodes, a lot of my favorites are his work. I don't know if it's him pushing for it to mirror the comics better or AMC but either way it's a bad idea. Especially when their core audience was presented a show that was entirely different and then TPTB decided to change it up four seasons later.

16. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Totally agree. We get preachy, drawn out monologues as opposed to real human conversations. Things happen off screen and the plot holes are now filled in on TTD, and I don't exactly buy into the notion that Rick's group is a "family"...which makes me think of what Martin says in season 5 in regards to the other Termites "they're just assholes who I survive with", I sometimes think that Rick and his group are not far from that ideology.

#16 tuswig, Apr 13, 2016
  17. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I saw this and said "Nope can't do that." I actually opened the thread and still said "Nope," because I'd have to break it into halves(or do worse) and then I still don't think I could rank them with 100% confidence and I'm biased as hell. Screw it, I'll try.

S1-Maybe it's nostaglia, maybe it's because nothing has surpassed "Days Gone Bye" for me, I don't know.
    2B
    3A
    3B-Because "Clear" is my 2nd favorite episode
    4A
    5A-Well 5x01-5x03.There's that ugly bias.
    6B-The death of Not!Rick, Richonne, and my bb Jesus.
    5B Pre-ASZ
    2A-Blah.
    4B-My ugly bias puts this here. I have no shame anymore. #DontCurr
    6A-I think I only actually liked 6x03 and 6x04, everything else I found blah or horrendous.

5B Post-ASZ-Go to the absolute deepest pits of hell and stay there. No. :dragon:

Wow this made me sad. I should've just ignored it like I originally intended lol.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  18. Nerdgasm

Nerdgasm Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    S3
    S1
    S6
    S4
    S5
    S2

So, true story. I watched all of season 1. Was so excited for season 2, but then they spent episodes upon episodes not doing anything and I was just like "I can't do it." Season 2 didn't pick back up for me until the last couple episodes of the season. I didn't hate the barn, but I hated that whole search for Sophia. That shit drove me insane.

Season 3 was the best for me in terms of pacing. Sure Mazzara was :chop: crazy but I liked that entire season despite wanting to fight The Governor, Merle, and Andrea.

19. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I really should break it down to A and B, but it's been too long that I can't differentiate it.

Season 3 (Andrea's treatment had me seething, but overall almost all of the characters had storylines and there was that TF feel).

Season 4 (Holds some of my least favourite episodes, but I still enjoyed it for the most part. The episodes without the Grimes were made more bearable watching on Netflix).

Season 2 (Again the slow pace isn't as bad when Netflixing it. Really enjoyed the small, more tight knit feeling of the group).

Season 1 (It's always interesting to go back and start TWD with this because it has such a different atmosphere. Aside from the first episode, some it feels typical zombie especially with the CDC. The reason I ranked this lower is because Darabont just has no idea what to do with his female characters).

Season 6 (Maybe time will heal all wounds. Right now all of its flaws are apparent in my mind).

Season 5 (I don't think anything is going to surpass my hatred for S5. All that build up for Terminus and gone in flames by the first episode. 5B was the biggest snoozefest that I can't even differentiate each episode from itself. It just blends into one long nap).

Doctor Grimes likes this.