1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 6x10 "The Next World"

Discussion in '6x10: The Next World' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Rate & Review 6x10 "The Next World"

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. 8

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  9. 9

13 vote(s)
    14.4%
  10. 10

67 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. CrownRoyale

CrownRoyale Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 9 and the only reason it gets that score is because not everyone is in the episode. I have been wanting to see the characters doing more than just killing zombies and we finally got that. I really enjoyed the episode, absolutely loved the comedic parts in the episode and found myself laughing out loud at those parts. The writers should show all of the characters doing everyday things from time to time from now on because it helps to humanize the characters. Loved the episode!

Iguessiamhere, MsT05, Rambles and 3 others like this.
  2. felicity79

felicity79 Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I give it a 10.

I loved this whole episode. Rick and Daryl, Eugene, Denise. The whole soda thing for Tara.
    Richonne scene Was so amazing. Really well done, very hot. So sweet. Perfect!!
    Love Jesus already.
    Carl and Michonne, oh my heart, that was so beautiful. I swear I thought RIchonne would be my fave part, and even though I loved it so much that CArl and Michonne scene just tore me to pieces. Carl and Michonne are so lucky to have each other, and Rick is lucky to have them both,.
    And the Spencer/Deanna/Michoone stuff. Loved it.
    And I was really impressed with Austin Nichols. I mean, he's hot, but appearantly not just a pretty face, I really enjoyed what he had to say.
    Did anyone else feel tension between Nathan Fillion and Danai in the beginning? I was annoyed with him at first and I felt like Danai was too maybe? But I think maybe it is because he was supposed to provide comedic entertainment but Danai is so in tune and serious and really cares about the character and story that they did not mesh well together at first. I felt like Nathan started answering more seriously/better in my opinion on the last half. I don't know if it was just me or not.
    Loved this episode.

3. aisha

aisha Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    10/10
    We got Richonne, Carl + Michonne tugging at my heartstrings, RIchonne, Jesus cracking me up everytime he was on screen and Richonne. :D:D:D

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  4. Allie Grimes

Allie Grimes Hiding in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Is this even a question? 10!

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  5. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I enjoyed the introduction of Jesus a good deal. He's super charming, even though he's a rogue who made a bit of a pickle for Daryl and Rick. I legit laughed out loud when the truck when sliding into the lake. It was so slapstick and OTT, but wonderfully executed.

Rick's new light-hearted attitude was fun to watch. From him snapping his fingers to the radio, to giving Jesus a chance, and even leaving Jesus a little care note besides the glass of water.

It was nice to see Spencer get some development, and my heart even broke for him when we learned he was just looking for closure in those woods. To put his mom to rest. I am so proud of Carl for helping him -- and I know Michonne was as well.

A fun episode all around. Definitely a welcome change of pace.

cupsofmarmalade and Bazooka Jane like this.
  6. Rambles

Rambles Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I've got a lot to say, wasn't a fan of the ep much at all. Were we supposed to believe that Rick and Daryl suddenly decided to go on a run and what about the rest of them whats going on with everyone. What's happened in regards to Morgan and Carol or did the show drop that story line completely? AND Carl's just better now with a eye patch? And there's a new baby Judith. How longs it been. Everyone saying different things. Why don't they make it clear. Last week Jessie got killed Deanna etc and this week has Deanna been wandering around in the woods for how long? BUT just there.... not all over the country side just outside the safe zone/

So many plot holes they could of filled in.

Instead we had Rick and Daryl running for a great distance after Jesus on foot.

Seriously they could have spent the ep better with a bit more foreplay with Richonne and a little more information about what had been happening or made this ep the MSP and made the MSF a double ep.

7. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 7,

10/10 on the Richonne and Carchonne front for sure, but Daryl and Rick's excellent adventure just didn't work for me. I found myself wanting to fast forward to the Richonne moment.

Michonne was the stand out in the ep though. I loved every second she was on screen.

MsT05 likes this.
  8. Rambles

Walker Pets:
    I can agree with this. I loved the bit with Her and Spencer .

#28 Rambles, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  9. MsT05

MsT05 Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 9. The only reason I deducted is because I don't care for Jesus or the foolishness surrounding him. They made a bunch of rookie mistakes dealing with him. I'm sure Jesus is supposed to be charming but I don't find him charming. I couldn't believe Daryl/Rick were so dumb so repeatedly...makes me want to deduct another .5...meh.

Everything else was good though. I liked the light heartedness with Daryl/Rick and the soul twisting mourning of Spencer. I must be slow or maybe I've just forgotten because it hasn't played out recently on screen but the need to put our dead to rest and the hardship of having to be the one to send one of your loved ones to their final rest...ugh - it was heartbreaking and for the first time I felt real sympathy for an Alexandrian.

I loved the Carl/Michonne moments of course. All the family stuff - because it was nice to see so much of it again. I mean, it IS what they are all fighting for so it's strange not to see much of it anymore.

Needless to say the culmination of Richonne was awesome and perfectly handled. I blabbered about them in the pos thread tho. But really well done Gimple. Kudos to Danai and Andy for not killing the moment. So many others would have went to heavy handed but the two of them just let it ride and it flowed so realistically and still managed to have some heat. Nice.

CrownRoyale likes this.
  10. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    *Spencer lol

11. Rambles

Walker Pets:
    hahahah lol I'll have to go edit... I

12. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    All these ASZ randoms look alike. I was kind of surprised at how deep Spencer's actor was being on TTD. He really cares about this role.

Bazooka Jane and Rambles like this.
  13. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    10! Daryl was the wild card. It could have been a 8 because of him. But nope, everything was PERFECT.

14. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    10!!!!

And that's for more than just the Richonne (though their coming together was so perfect I have no words!!!)
    The dialogue was great this episode! People actually spoke like people!
    Enid didn't annoy me!
    Daryl/Jesus/Rick were funny as hell!
    TPTB didn't take themselves too seriously with this episode.

It was amazing!!!

15. MidnightRose76

MidnightRose76 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    Easy 10!

I was so excited for Jesus' arrival
    Daryl was more enjoyable than he has been in 3 seasons
    Carl and Michonne (oh, my heart)
    Richonne, Richonne, Richonne...I can't even...I'm still dead

16. cupsofmarmalade

cupsofmarmalade Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    The best thing—other than the Richonne and Carchonne moments, because those go without saying—is that throughout this entire episode, from start to finish, it felt like these people actually knew each other. Rick and Michonne at the start with the banter, Rick and Daryl in the car and on their entire trip, Rick and Michonne at the end. Even Denise and Daryl had a familiarity about them when they interacted. We’ve complained a lot about the show having too many shop talks and it not conveying the fact that these people are a family properly, but in this episode they we finally got that. They done it right! We had actual freaking normal conversations y’all.

There were a few flaws like Carl being up and about way too quickly, and Rick and Daryl not drawing walkers with all that noise they were making with the crate, but I honestly do not even care. The human interactions going on more than made up for it. I also understand what some people have said about the pacing and wanting to fast forward. The pacing was very laid back but I thought it was a nice change to the usual ‘just move the plot’ thing they sometimes do, especially after how mechanical parts of 6.09 seemed. 10/10

Lyra_Nation likes this.
  17. cgomes

cgomes Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    10!!!!
    Richonne moments killed me, no words, I'm still dead!
    Grimes 2.0 acting like a real family even before it being official.
    Carl and Judith, so cute.
    Carl and Michonne, love mama Michonne.
    Mama Maggie with Enid.
    I was sad for Spencer, but I'm glad he could do what had to be done.
    Jesus, I love him already, he's funny and hot!
    Not even Daryl's presence bothered me this time!
    This episode was perfection!!

18. Silas

Silas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    9. It was a much needed episode. Andrew Lincoln said it best in an interview I just read...watching this show is a matter of endurance. We want the characters to live so they can have moments like they did in last night's episode and finally that shit happened. Chit-chat, snacks, Richonne, soda, mints, my heart was all a flutter. Finally, the audience and the characters got to reap the rewards of enduring for so long. It was starting to get to a point for me where I had to stop and wonder why they were all fighting so hard in a universe that tears them down left and right. I think a lot of people would just call it quits. But finally we got a much needed break from the madness. We got see to what they were fighting so hard for.

I'm not even mad at Rick and Daryl's seemingly lack of competence. I can't find it in me to care when it was obviously a feel good episode and it accomplished making me feel so good that I couldn't find it in myself to be critical.

I'd give it a 10 but there were a few moments that felt forced, like Rick and Daryl eating snacks. But despite the moments where they tried too hard to show us the lighter side of things overall it was like a much needed mini vacation. And who doesn't like a vacation?

Iguessiamhere likes this.
  19. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Full disclosure here...the shipper trash in me gave this episode a 10 but I will say that my husband wasn't a fan of the episode at all because he thought the way Rick and Daryl handled Jesus was completely out of character and stupid. My kids were laughing and enjoyed the antics and they understood that this episode was supposed to be funny but my husband thought it was a bit jump the shark like.

Hopefully next week, we'll see Carol and Morgan and Glenn and some other favorites and catch up with how they've progressed during the time jump!

And Judith is the same baby, just a couple of weeks older as that's how long their filming break is between half seasons.

cupsofmarmalade and Lyra_Nation like this.
  20. Jimmy

Jimmy Maggie and Michonne are soulmates.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    10 out of 10, no doubt.
    It was good to finally see a comedic kind of episode, I had serious doubts about Jesus's actor, but he pulled it off flawlessly.
    I really enjoyed the antics (the chase + the field chase) and I laughed, which I rarely do.
    While I'm glad Richonne became canon, it does not factor in my 10 out of 10. eh eh.
    Thankfully, I didn't jump into the episode going all serious and calling Rick and Daryl dumbasses for rookie mistakes, honestly I could care less.

Silas likes this.