1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 6x11 "Knots Untie"

Discussion in '6x11: Knots Untie' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 28, 2016.

?

Rate & Review 6x11 "Knots Untie"

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. 7

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. 8

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  9. 9

23 vote(s)
    46.0%
  10. 10

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So what did you think of the episode? Please rate and review here!

2. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Have at it folks!

3. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]
    Based on this alone, I give it a 10...I'll be back to add more comments. I need to go die now.

Kazuhira, MidnightRose76 and Lugubria like this.
  4. deadaddict

deadaddict Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    9/10 awesome!

5. Lugubria

Lugubria Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I can't be remotely objective about this episode since it was catering directly to my id.

sleepywitchysamurai likes this.
  6. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I loved this episode. 9/10.

Pros:
    + Rick was hot as fuck holy shit
    + How the group found out about Richonne (I laughed so hard)
    + Rick telling Carl "It's different"; my heart soared.
    + Richonne being a power couple; that shoves it up the ass of all the naysayers who said they were gonna get weak.
    + Xander played a perfect slimy Gregory. Damn I hated him.
    + Abraham's weird way with words. "Bisquick"; "Bumpin' uggers"
    + The Hilltop set was great. I really liked the vibe. It was very Amish country. I see why Maggie likes it.
    + Maggie putting men in their place since season 2 yesssss.
    + A nod to Carol! YES!
    + Jesus was looking mighty fucking fine. I adore his character already.
    + Michonne taking down that woman who punched Rick? YES!
    + Daryl is the main reason the group got hyped about fighting the Saviors; this is going to come back to bite HIM in the ass -- not Rick.
    + "What?"
    + Touching TF scene at the end looking at the sonogram photo.
    + THAT HANDHOLD. I am ascending into Heaven.

Cons:
    - Abraham doesn't deserve Sasha or Rosita. This whole arc is grating on my nerves.
    - Glenn is still on the backburner and, lbr, he's totally dying this season. It's irritating me.

7. forevermichonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm trying not to give all these episodes 10s lol but this episode deserves it SO MUCH.
    Not only from a Richonne stand point but Maggie had some amazing scenes, that fight was off the hook, moments in the beginning with Sasha were solid and the whole episode included a lot of characters. It really really feels like Team Family again, and it feels like GREATM is included in that.

ON A RICHONNE STANDPOINT THOOOOOO. I can't make sentences about how excited this episode made me. I wasn't expecting so many hand holds, looks, touches, TALKS!! But we got em! Rick and Michonne are so strong TOGETHER. This ep debuffed everything haters could possibly say about them getting together making them weaker.
    10/10 would recommend.

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.
  8. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    9/10 for: Maggie and Gregory who have a good antagonistic chemistry, RICHONNE: BATTLE COUPLE, RICHONNE: CUTE AS FUCK COUPLE, "It's different.", that Richonne reveal scene lololololololol, precious angel Carl.

-1 for that Abe/Rosita scene and general Abe fuck boy-ness.

9. Belle

Belle Perpetual notion machine - what if...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    8/10 - This was a good introduction to the Hilltop. Gregory was an asshat - well done! Richonnage was good. I was SUPER HAPPY to see Maggie shine again. Abe's one-liners were great, but his story was too ambiguous to keep me interested. Why he should have the attention of two incredible women is beyond me. I also didn't like Rick's plans to take Carl with them. AND - why wasn't Carol in this episode? I'm not a Carol super fan - but she's integral to anything TF does. She should have been there with TF talking to Jesus. Chances are, she'll have to help clean up whatever mess they make with Negan.

10. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    You said it all, Doc.... :)

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  11. Truthfully it's love

Truthfully it's love Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The Richonne handhold & half hug was EVERYTHANG. +100 for Michonne being the greatest ride or die to this day.

[​IMG]

10/10 !

12. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I give it a solid 7.

What I liked:
    -Richonne reveal to Carl and members of the group
    -Carl smirking at Michonne at the table (during the conversation with Jesus) and Michonne shifting in her seat uncomfortably
    -Rick telling Carl "this is different" in reference to Michonne
    -Richonne handholding in the RV
    -When Jesus asked if the group had a few more days to work out negotiations, to which Michonne responded "We do" (or something to that effect) and Rick follows suit agreeing with her
    -When one of the Hilltop residents try to come at Rick and Michonne stepped in
    -Abeisms
    -the sonogram pic being passed around in the RV
    -the introduction of Gregory

What I didn't like:
    -Abe's mid life crisis; indecisiveness between Rosita and Sasha
    -Abe and Rosita scene...all of it
    -the group's arrogance; jumping headfirst into a war without all the facts
    -Maggie supposedly being the diplomatic negotiator type (sorry but Michonne seems better suited for that); Maggie's development, although very similar to her comic counterpart, feels very forced.
    -Daryl....I'm just over that character.
    -the lack of people at Hilltop; the show's budget restrictions are beginning to become painfully obvious, hire some extras! Hilltop is supposed to be a THRIVING community!
    -Glenn's death pretty much being confirmed....and I'm bummed about it.

13. PB Protein Bar

PB Protein Bar Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Jesus got caught up in the Richonne bubble! Did anyone else notice how right after he eyeballed Rick and Michonne holding hands in the RV, he tried to use that to his advantage at that office place? Like when Rick told him he had to wait outside with Maggie, he IMMEDIATELY turns to Michonne. She shuts him down with the quickness saying, "That's the plan." Nice try, Jesus...

And then bc TPTB want me to die, they mirrored her agreeing with Rick's plan by having Rick agree with hers at Hilltop. 9/10!

14. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Alright I don't usually check in until the morning but can we talk about the Carl moment? It stood out to me like a sore thumb. And before I say what I'm gonna say, warning, I'm not trying to attack Rick's parenting skills cause I'm already reading that crap elsewhere. But the boy is seeing all these great things happening around him for everyone else and he's cool with it, but he's still feeling shitty about his face. Is this the makings of a bitter Carl? Bitter is a crappy word choice, scratch that. Is it the beginning of the darker Carl everyone was looking for? The first sign that something is amiss? Now Rick did show concern but he didn't exactly guide the boy past that insecurity. So moving forward, mentally, Carl ain't in the best place. I don't know what the hell I'm saying but my mind just keeps coming back o Carl. Just seems like it could be a set up for showing how Rick and Carl are working on two different wave lengths at the moment. Yeah, I'm not explaining it for shit but ya'll know what I mean I hope.

But yeah man, the episode was good. I was kinda pissed that it wasn't Maggie and Daryl alone pushing for Negan but it seems like a group decision, which is the next best thing. It's something they're all agreeing to so when the fur starts the fly it won't just be Rick's fault.

And Mags was killin' it in that last scene with Gregory. Two thumbs up.

Abe's humor was an A+. His internal struggle was a big fat F for fail simply because I don't care.

This is why I shouldn't review unless I'm sober.

15. blacklitchick

blacklitchick Black Girl Magic
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is how they made me. Houston, Texas baby.
    9/10
    I loved that Maggie was finally able to shine again. She was great this episode.
    Everything Richonne related was topnotch.
    Gleggie scenes tore at my heart because I think I know how the season finale will play out
    I love how Jesus was so calm and cool when Carl had a gun to his head. I couldn't love him more.
    Judith waving to Carl was the cutest thing ever.
    Carl thinking he's a monster is so heartbreaking.
    Michonne at the end with the sonogram: her happiness for Gleggie turning into hurt because she was thinking about Andre. Danai played that so well.

I love Abe, but I was hoping they wouldn't be doing the love triangle storyline from the comics. I'm glad Sasha is distancing herself from him. Rosita obviously cares a lot about him, and he has eyes for Sasha. He should stop leading her on and make a clean break.

16. DCBABY

DCBABY Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    The hubris of this group is going to make me cry. Glenn is going to pay and it's partly Maggie's fault. 9/10

forevermichonne and tuswig like this.
  17. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    DG was so good in that scene! Not sure about NR/Daryl tho lol it looked like he was going for an almost cry face but held it in. Really hoping that we will get a scene of Michonne finally opening up to Rick about Andre...I think we will. Also, I'm convinced that we're getting a Richonne baby (at some point).

#17 tuswig, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  18. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I definitely think you're right. This was the first sign I saw of potential coming tension between Rick and Carl; which I think will be a big arc in season 7A.

19. Truthfully it's love

Truthfully it's love Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Totally agree. My heart fucking broke when Carl said he didn't want their first impression to be of a kid with a messed up face... Rick handled that very poorly; but I believe Rick is not aware of it. I need Mama'chonne to talk to Carl asap & Rick before we lose some of Carl :(. I do agree what Kid Cudi was saying on the talking dead, Rick needed to hug Carl right then and there, something. He was showing major insecurity & Rick didn't detect it very well...

20. CrownRoyale

CrownRoyale Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    I don't need to say anything, you hit all of my points for me so thanks Doc lol! I totally agree that extremely pissed wont even describe how I will feel if Glenn dies at the end of the season with the table scraps that the character has been getting this season. I hope everyone is wrong and he will still be alive. Other than that I liked this episode, I give it an 8.5.