1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 6x11 "Knots Untie"

Discussion in '6x11: Knots Untie' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 28, 2016.

?

Rate & Review 6x11 "Knots Untie"

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. 7

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. 8

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  9. 9

23 vote(s)
    46.0%
  10. 10

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    9/10 - "We'll win".
    I want to get the negatives out the way first. Its only a little. Abraham. I am not quite sure what his deal is. Before we got to the ASZ he seemed genuinely affectionate toward Rosita. I know their relationship blossomed out of convenience, but it seemed to be true. Now he meets Sasha, and I guess he finds himself enamored. They are 'kindred spirits' so to speak. So he is liking her, getting to know her, but still stringing Rosita along and that is what I don't like. Set the boundaries. He's keeping her close almost like a just in case and its turning me off. I don't like calling it a love triangle. Its not really, because I don't get the vibe that Sasha is feeling Abe as much as he is her. And Rosita is pretty oblivious. I think its pretty annoying that Abe thinks he can just choose. His moping was weird. He still seems suicidal, so in the end, does he want to try it with Sasha or Rosita or does he want to die? I dunno.
    Also, I needed more Glenn? Like... I felt skimped.

The good though!!!
    + CARL! I don't know the arc of his character. I can't get a beat on it. He does not seem to be going down the dark path like his comic counterpart, he seems okay with everything, yet he is dealing with something and he doesn't want his Dad to know. I think maybe the whole, "I'm defective route" he will be going down, and hopefully he will have that talk with Michonne like he did in the comic when she told him to not go feeling sorry for himself. I dunno. That's the only arc I can see right now.
    • his smirk toward Michonne at the table. A+. Chandler was completely charming and I loved how it shows how he views Michonne. She is like his mother, but also his best friend and I just feel like he would tease her about it. I hope we get some Carchonne next episode.
    + TF finding out about Richonne and just being like okay. But talking amongst themselves about it. I mean I am still holding out hope for a Glenn and Rick convo.
    +Jesus. Being a damn Richonne shipper early. I love how he already got in with the Mrs. The way he and Michonne came out the house, and how he deferred to her when Rick said he was staying outside. I really want some Jesus/Michonne interaction.
    +Glenn not being jealous about the Gyno. We were overreacting.
    +The Richonne. More Richonne than I could have even thought. Like I said, it was awkwardly adorkable. Michonne clearly still a bit shy about the situation, trying to play a little bit coy and Rick is like this is my GIRLFRIEND!!! WIFEYYYYY!
    • "This is different." - Everything I need to hear in 3 words.
    • The hand hold. They were both sitting up there thinking about their sex. Rick couldn't keep his hands off, and Michonne was like, okay come here babe, then the look they shared. So Richonne. Nothing has changed except touch.
    • Whipped!Rick
    • Wifey Michonne clotheslining bitches.
    • Rick not keeping his hands off of Michonne.
    • Rick still being Rick and Michonne still being Michonne.
    +Maggie. Rick deferring to Maggie. Recognizing her skill. I love this fiesty Maggie. (I am also scared.)
    +Hilltop and Gregory. I liked the scene, it looked different but very much the same world. It is going to be very interesting moving forward.
    +Daryl using SOAP! Clean Daryl is nice.
    +Dialogue. Hello!
    +TF (minus Carol...and Morgan I guess) all being featured. I saw what Sasha was up to. Rosita...no Eugene, but mentioned. I like feeling like everyone is around.
    +Denise. My sweet precious doctor. Still charming as ever.

I'm sure there is so much more. I will leave this as is for now. I have an entire meta I want to write about the RV handhold, I'll probably do that tomorrow. I am excited for next week. Toward the end when they were all on the balcony, my heart dropped. The not so subtle foreshadowing as we get into the Negan conversation is really straining my heart. I am deathly afraid of what is to come. But, what will, will.

The Walking Dead is officially back on track for me and I am very pleased. The progression feels like its happening and I love that.

2. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    6 for the episode in general
    10 for the Richonne moments

3. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Did anyone else notice Carl has inherited Rick's head tilt? lol
    [​IMG]

4. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I loved almost everything about this episode! 9/10 for me.

Things I liked:
    - All the Richonne touching moments (the leg caress, the hand holding, Rick's hand on Michonne's back, Michonne touching dat ass).
    - Jesus calling Rick and Michonne "mom and dad" to Carl.
    - Richonne being discovered by Carl and TF and total awkwardness ensues.
    - Carl smirking at Michonne and her being all shy and awkward that she couldn't even look at him.
    - Carl giving his blessing.
    - Rick saying "This is different." (yassss writers shutting the naysayers DOWN).
    - Michonne looking at Rick like she's judging him for getting the RV stuck lol It was such a wife moment!
    - Abe talking to Daryl about Richonne
    - Richonne being Power Couple this whole episode (none of that "Michonne is going to make Rick weak" bs in sight).
    - Rick and Michonne protecting each other.
    - The "What?" moment.
    - Whipped Rick makes an appearance again!
    - Maggie finally getting more character development after so long. She's finally becoming interesting to me.
    - All the Gleggie moments.
    - TF passing the sonogram around.
    - Michonne's face as she looked at the sonogram gives me hope that she's going to talk to Rick about Andre real soon. It's 2016. It's time.
    - One of the guards being Asian, just like in the GN. Thank god for that because I was worrying they wouldn't make him Asian. Glenn isn't the only Asian left in the ZA anymore hallelujah

Things I disliked:
    - The soap opera drama that is surrounding Abe's arc rn. Enough with this love triangle nonsense for the love of god
    - Knowing the fact that
    Gregory is going to live a couple seasons. I hate him sfm
    - No Carol at all, but I got a Caryl moment at least so that was good.

Overall I thought this was a pretty great episode.

#24 thesamurai, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  5. cgomes

cgomes Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I agree, 9/10.

Richonne moments, yes. I can't!

Those cute touches, Rick showing all that affection, and both of them working so well together. It can only make them stronger, of course.

Whipped Rick. Michonne defending him.

Shirtless Rick.

TF and Carl finding out about Richonne, the look on Rick's face.

The mom and dad comment.

Rick talking to Carl. Carl being so ok with them together.

Abraham's comments.

Glenn and Maggie, and the baby, cute.

Maggie putting Gregory in his place, I'm enjoying more of Maggie.

Rick asking Maggie to talk to Gregory because he shouldn't. He's trying, I love it.

Hilltop is nice.

I just need more Glenn, please.

Rick, Maggie and Daryl thinking they can easily handle the Saviors and it's all good... Hmmm we all know what's coming.

Jesus, once again, I love him!

Abraham please, solve your emotional problems, even Rick is ok now, talk to Denise if you need to, I don't want to know about it, thanks.

Daryl was tolerable once again, what's going on?!

It was another great episode!

#25 cgomes, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  6. Armte

Armte I Drink and I Know Things
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    I gave it a 10. This episode was perfect on so many levels. However I am going to spare you fine folks in this thread my breakdown because it would be all about the Richonne goodies. And you none shippers deserve better then that because I know other none Richonne (Grimes Family) things happened but I am not in the best state to discuss that right now. o_O

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  7. blacklitchick

blacklitchick Black Girl Magic
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is how they made me. Houston, Texas baby.
    I liked that Rick was going to leave Judith with Father Gabriel when he thought Carl was taking the trip to Hilltop. How far they've come. I love that Gabe is now a trusted member of TF (though I do wonder why Carol wasn't an option.)

8. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm wondering what's up with Carol as well given Daryl got a bit pissy when he said "She ain't here." She had been watching Judith, so it is strange they're swinging to Gabriel now, but it could also be a matter of Carol doesn't want to watch her, or Gabriel is insisting (we know he loves Judith a good deal).

I want to see Rick and Gabe bonding. I love enemies to friends stories, and their's is a good one. Also any excuse for more Seth Gilliam on my screen.

Iguessiamhere and blacklitchick like this.
  9. Ship Verse

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    How weird would it be if we get a focus on Carol and she is having a secret love affair with Morgan.

Sorry just crossed my mind.

[​IMG]

10. blacklitchick

blacklitchick Black Girl Magic
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is how they made me. Houston, Texas baby.
    Yeah, Carol's absence is very strange. She should have been right there with TF when they were questioning Jesus. I hope it's explained in the next episode.

11. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]

Not that I am opposed to the potential of Carol and Morgan becoming a couple at all, but if that's where they're going it's way, way, WAYYYYY too soon. I would not dig it. It would need like seasons of development if they're going to go that route.

mrc110 and Iguessiamhere like this.
  12. cgomes

cgomes Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    True, I liked to see that Rick trusts Father Gabriel now and knows he needs him too, that Gabriel can help and do things right.

Doctor Grimes and blacklitchick like this.
  13. Ship Verse

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah its not gonna happen. Corgan is a crackship for me, but definitely not now. I'd like them to at least be friends first. I don't even know how that can happen if Morgan is still on this trip. His psyche is the most fragile from being alone. Hopefully being with people will help. If I have any qualms about this half is the sidelining of those two after leaving them so much at odds. I didn't really care for Daryl's mention just because it felt cheap. I mean he's like she ain't here and I'm like..
    [​IMG]

14. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    7/10 overall for this episode.

Felt a bit slow and stunted at times. Not the biggest Abe fan, so to have the episode seen mostly through his eyes and focused on his god awful love triangle storyline didn't do much for me. I honestly don't understand his reservations, and I don't want to use the GN to fill in holes left by the show. If he's feeling like he wants Sasha, what is holding him back? It makes him look like an ass for stringing along Rosita. His conversation with Glenn indicates that he is reluctant to take a leap forward, but what exactly would he be risking if he decides to go with Sasha? I really hope from here on out Sasha's storyline doesn't solely revolve around Abe.

I do wish they would have slowly let Maggie emerge as a leader instead of shoehorning it in this episode. I know they were setting up the framework back when Deanna chose her as her understudy, but they kinda dropped that ball right after. It also would have been nice to see Maggie taking the initiative herself to talk with Gregory rather than Rick pushing her towards it, which looked more like he just didn't want to deal with Gregory's ass instead of actually believing Maggie would be a capable leader.

The guy who portrayed Gregory did such a great job. Just the right amount of slime and scum.

Absolutely love the ending scene. It was touching. It was sweet. I'm a bit worried because I've convinced myself that in this show, there can only be one baby who symbolizes hope and rebirth and since that position is currently fulfilled by Judith, we're gonna get a miscarriage. At the same time, if Glenn gets Lucillied (which was heavily hinted in this episode), then I can see that baby living on to carry Glenn's legacy.

Utterly confused about Carol's absence. Would it have been unreasonable to have her present during Jesus' conversation, but opt to hold down the fort while everyone else checks out Hilltop?

10/10 for all the Richonne scenes. I have to rate it separately or all the episode with any interaction between Rick/Michonne would be a perfect score.

Michroolz and Doctor Grimes like this.
  15. Gooey Goobert

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Also gotta add that the, "what?" moment was better than I could ever imagine. In the GN, he looked very menacing and ready to strike, while in the show, he was genuinely confused as to all the stares. It's like they were given a math problem, and Rick skips straight to the solution without showing his work while the rest of Hilltop is still stuck on the first step.

Bazooka Jane likes this.
  16. Michroolz

Michroolz Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Voted 7 verging on 8
    - Loved busted Richonne and Carl in particular. I think Chandler is an underrated talent.
    - Please can we keep this Judith? She is hysterical and the enamel started dropping off my teeth when she waved to her big brother.
    - Was disappointed by Gregory. Didn't think he was scummy enough considering he was lording it up in that big old mansion and had Jesus as lord protector.
    - Disappointed by Maggie super negotiator too. This was a real opportunity for TF to witness a crowning moment of awesome for her ...and it was all done behind closed doors on her own. This, in particular, took me out of the whole subplot and bothered me more than it should have, (probably because it was my job irl) but that negotiation went way too easily for dealing with a douchebag...in his private quarters no less.
    - Didn't understand why we didn't get a Maggie reaction to Richonne. There was nothing on the stairs and nothing afterwards. Also I was surprised Glenn was so taken aback. Gleggie are probably the two closest to Michonne outside of The Grimes'
    - Loved that Daryl wasn't surprised or phased by the coupling but then he is 'observant' after all bwahaha
    - The sense of foreboding is ratcheting up

17. Gooey Goobert

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Totally on board to keep this Judith. She has these adorable little quirks that makes it fun to watch.

I think Glenn's taken aback reaction had more to do with the scene at hand (a shirtless Rick looking like guilty puppy with a disheveled Michonne trailing behind and Carl with a gun pointed to a stranger's head) than the thought of Rick and Michonne together. Then again, we never got a follow up reaction from the group except for Carl (who was also surprised but warmed up pretty quickly). I do agree that it would have been fun to see Maggie's reaction.

18. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    Ditto. All of this!