1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 6x12 "Not Tomorrow Yet"

Discussion in '6x12: Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 6, 2016.

?

Please Rate 6x12

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. 8

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  9. 9

18 vote(s)
    30.0%
  10. 10

30 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. cgomes

cgomes Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I'm still waiting for my Richonne moments lol...but I give it a 10! The episode was great, I loved everything!!

lanielove likes this.
  2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    8/10. Solid episode, perhaps my favourite in all of season 6, but I will wait before I make that official.

This episode did a FANTASTIC job of incorporating a large cast. Every interaction rang true and meaningful. It was honestly one of the most chilling episode. I'm really glad they didn't gloss over Glenn's first kill even though it was heart wrenching to watch.

My only qualms was the ridiculous love triangle. I was fine with Denise/Tara, Maggie/Glenn, hell, I was ok with Carol/Tobin because it was a little sweet, but I wouldn't be completely heart broken if we bypassed the Abe/Rosita break up scene. My only consolation is that we won't have to tolerate anymore Abe love triangle.

3. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    9/10 Best episode of season 6 so far!

I wasn't sure if it was possible but this show has given us the best 3 episode arc we have seen in a very long time. The only reason I couldn't give it a perfect 10 is because of the terrible idea to attack a "supposed" enemy who you don't even know....but besides that it was great: Eugene serving as comic relief on the heels of the Abe/Rosita breakup, Glenn's inner turmoil of killing people in cold blood, Rick giving Tara serious Governor vibes, Carol (pretty much everything about her in this episode), Father Gabriel stepping up and his light hearted moment with Rick, Rick punching the walker-Gregory look alike head, the precision and stealth of Team Family during the attack on the Saviors, so much good stuff!

4. deadaddict

deadaddict Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    9/10 !!!!! Amazing!

Rick punching that head made me laugh so hard!
    Gabriel's kill was awesome as shit!
    I'm glad Glenn and Heath killed for the first time
    I felt scared for real...

Susannah Dean likes this.
  5. DMightyKatana

DMightyKatana Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Very good ep! Gave it an 8 due to not enough Richonne (I'm trash, what can I say), no Carl, and I thought it was sooooo wrong the way Abe dumped Rosita..but this was a really good ep..

Ms.J.Richonne and Bazooka Jane like this.
  6. katana-n-me

katana-n-me Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 8. Another solid episode. I'm surprised with all the good episodes we've been getting back to back. I think this is the writers way of saying I'm sorry in advance before they rip our hearts out.

Nicole likes this.
  7. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'd give it an 11 if I could.

That blood bath was a thing of beauty. There were a few things that some of the characters did that left a shitty taste in my mouth (Abraham, I'm looking at you) but the episode overall was a solid 10. I was proud of Team Family in a disturbing way. They really have got their shit down pat. I know the plan didn't go perfectly, but they really have turned into Hell on wheels and I'd be a liar if I said it didn't excite me to watch.

I'll admit I'm one of the few people that wanted to see Glenn kill someone. But I guess it's a case of be careful what you wish for because that was painful to watch. But that's also what made it such a good episode. Something can hurt but still be amazing at the same time. They keyed in on that moment perfectly. It was the cruelest first kill I think I've ever watched or at least that comes to mind. Glenn had to kill a man while he was asleep, it's pretty fucked. And I won't even get started on the foreshadowing afterwards.

And I just wanna give a shout out to Gabriel. Quoting the gospel while committing one of the most atrocious sins. I think my body tingled in glee.

It's just too damn bad they're all about to get the absolute worst reality check.

8. CordeliaMathews

CordeliaMathews Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    It made me think and it got me all shooken up, so I was pretty impressed by it.

The cookie on Sam's grave was perfect. I loved all of Carol's scenes, I think they did a great job of showing how the things she has to do effect her. This is much bette than "badass" Carol.

Glen's first kill was heartbreaking. I I loved the conversation he had with Heath beforehand.

It was jolting seeing Rick back in full killer mode after seeing him so soft and happy these last couple of episodes. It really made me feel the intensity of the world they live in.

The violence in this episode effected me a lot more than it usually does. It is so much harder watching them kill sleeping people. The whole thing made me queasy, but it is the reality of the kind of world they live in, so I am glad the show went there.

If this is what the rest of the season is going to be like, then this is going to be hard to watch, but I will be glad that I did.

9. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I give it a 10 because there was really not one aspect I didn't like about it. There was not one scene that bored me.

With that said, I can't help but think that the episode really set it up so that Rick gets blame for the crap that will come later. By having him really be the only one talking about going full speed ahead. I wish Daryl had spoke up since he was one of the ones who had altercation with the Saviors. Also, I feel Ike Carol bringing up her concern for Maggie to Rick is something that will come back to bite Rick in the ass. In the sense that, if/when something happens to one of family members, people are going to act like Rick was careless with their lives, like he (supposedly ) was with Maggie by not listening to Maggie. They are going to bring that incident up. I can see Carol throwing it in Rick's face.

I don't know why but this episode felt too much like evidence that will be use in the blame Rick game.

Also, maybe it was me but for the past two episodes, it felt like SY have been saying goodbye to actors he worked with. I felt it last episode but I ignored it because I didn't noticed anyone else commenting on it. But I truly felt it strongly in this episode, especially in the scenes he was in afterward. Maybe I'm wrong and just seeing things. I hope so.

#29 SevenStars, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  10. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yup. The Rick Grimes Defense Squad has already been assembled. We're just waiting for orders at this point.

11. Nicole

Nicole Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 9/10. it was really good. I was yelling at the TV. Glens face as he stuck the knife in that dudes face (was he the one who stole Daryls bike) was heartbreaking and that he spared Heath from the same thing, and then all those pics (the foreshadowing) I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

I was one of the ones saying they made Carol like superhuman but again I seemed to have jumped the gun where it moves her forward because like Michonne I think she was distancing herself especially from children and now shes coming out of that fog, shes adding up how many people shes killed, shes trying to avoid killing any more people, she wants to BE more. She put a cookie on Sams grave (where were the other two buried?) aww I like Carol again.

I don't ship Abe and Rosita but that was harsh. "I thought you were the only girl in the world but I was wrong" OUCH!! Rosita deserved more than that. Stay away from Sasha or don't stay away and let her reject your ass hardcore.

Father Gabriel prayer and shoot with no blinking and that amen. I shouldn'tve been as excited during that scene as I was.

Morgan is unfortunately in the it makes sense in the old world but like Jesus said its the new world. We have to evolve we have to strike first.

The Tara stuff was....there. I thought the I love you was random but yea

Susannah Dean likes this.
  12. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The blaming of Rick is almost funny at this point. I mean of course they're gonna do it, but unless their asses can come up with a better plan with only the knowledge Rick had in that moment, they should probably just stop.

Team family actually did this job like a well oiled machine. It shows, if anything, that Rick had every right to be as confident as he was. Obviously if Rick knew what the viewers knew he wouldn't have went with that plan. But that's just common sense, something a lot of folks don't have when a chance to play the Rick blame game comes along.

I got the same feeling when watching though, that they were setting up the Let's Hate Rick Parade. But unless I missed a scene where someone else had a better plan or objected to this one, they're all to blame.

13. Ship Verse

Ship Verse I.D.G.A.F.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Even without Richonne it was a 10.
    Maybe it had to do with little to no spoilers but I was on edge. The whole damn time.
    + Carol development. I finally see them moving away from the heavy lifting, doing the hard things, superhero Carol and morphing her back into a real person.
    + Rick's look. He is just fine.
    + Father G. turned OG.
    + Aaron. He felt responsible for the wolves. He stepped up. He is also super cute.
    +
    Got to see Denise again. Precious Wiitle Doc.
    + Michonne looking cute.
    + Rosita, smacking Abe a bit. Being a badass shooter. Being awesome.
    + Most of TF featured in one form or another.

- Heath. Another gentle black guy. Glad to see him, but this pattern. I mean maybe it was just the cold blooded murder thing, but eh.
    - Heavy, heavy, heeeeavy foreshadowing. Chill tf Gimple and Co. Chill.
    - Too little Jesus. (But when he was there he was awesome.)
    - The Hubris. (Ricky G defense squad, suit up!)

I really enjoyed the episode. I think it is the best of 6 and it even trumps 10 (Though 10 is still my favorite, I'm trash). TF and Alexandrians featured. Comedic moments in the right spots. Sweet moments. It felt very much like a mission that I was on. It wasn't predictable. I liked how they shot the "making the plans" sequence. They are all talking, they are all in this together. They are all on board. (So remember that when we play the blame game). I even liked the Tara parallel. It made sense.Overall just really well done and it is another episode I can see myself watching again and again. Really entertaining and
    pertinent to our future.

14. day dreamer

day dreamer Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I gave it an 8. It plays so different then how the spoilers read.

Rosita blasing Morgan and Denise (lol)
    Glenn, my darling, SY was so good. This was a tough episode to watch for him.
    Tara got some screen time.
    Gabriel was the man. I loved every second.
    Rick...damn man, you ruthless!

DISLIKES
    Fuck off Abe
    Fuck off Morgan
    Carol is still hurting. That moment with Tobin wasn't sweet like I thought it would be. It was false. She needs her family.

Ship Verse and Doctor Grimes like this.
  15. Marley

Marley Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    My nerves are completely shot thanks to this episode omg. I NEED to watch the next episode(s), but I'm dreading it at the same time because you can just tell the shit is going to hit the fan in a terrible way. I'm loving 6B so far despite the inevitable heartbreak that's coming.

I really loved the episode. It's one of my faves of the series. Not looking forward to all of the Rick blame - though I do appreciate that they're making it a point that the whole group was on board.

16. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Wow maybe I'm having a bad day but it was a stinker for me. I gave it a 5. The invasion sequence was fantastic but everything around it was tedious. No idea why people are rating it a ten. Nothing even happened until the invasion itself and Maggie/Carol got kidnapped for plot convenience. They are two of the best fighters in the group but decided to stand around arguing at the last minute? No.

Good:
    • The invasion, the goriness of it wasn't skimmed over, even Rick knew what he was doing was horrifically brutal. They dealt with Heath and Glenn's first kills well, too. When all hell broke loose, the general choreography of the scene was fantastic.
    • Gabriel - nothing more satisfying than a useless character finally becoming proactive and worth having around. Amen!
    • Jesus and Andy are so far, so good. Not overly interesting but they feel like they need to be there so that's good.
    • Examination of Tara/Denise, mainly because I'm sick of the gay couples on this show just being there to be couples rather than actually doing something or developing their relationships further. Needs more Aaron.
    • Tara recognising the parallels between this mission and the Governor's "destroy the prison" mission, and hiding her discomfort. They always write Tara very well and consistently.
    Bad:
    • Daryl and Carol literally on a mission together and still not sharing a second of screentime. WHAT is going on here???
    • Carol's continued "innocent housewife" act. It's cringeworthy now.
    • Morgan's entire meaning as a character being passed off onto Carol when his story and core meaning lies with RICK. Why did they do this??
    • No Richonne. I don't expect make out sessions but in general, Rick should've been talking to Michonne about the plans a lot more.
    • Carol/Tobin. Don't, just don't.
    • Rick punching the zombie head and someone being scared. Please don't force the issue of psycho killer Rick. Particularly if it's to make Negan look "worse". If he's worse that should show through in his characterization, not by having 4000 characters say in 27 episodes "WOW YOU GUYS ARE SCARY AND CONFIDENT OH NO LOOK SOMEONE ELSE IS MORE THAN THAT".
    • If what everyone thinks will happen is going to, then Glenn looking at those polaroids was way too heavy-handed.
    • Carol and Maggie getting kidnapped.
    • Abraham in general, just fucking end this character my god. He's utterly painful to watch (not the actors fault).
    • Heath and Tara prioritising the supplies run was just awkward and weird, particularly in the middle of an operation and when the gang just brought home a month's worth of food from Hilltop.
    • Did I miss something or did Rick not even say goodbye to Carl in this episode?

17. hewontgo

hewontgo Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    7. Nothing special
    yas Rosita

18. Joan Holloway

Joan Holloway Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    10. This episode was amazing! 6B has been great so far

19. Empress

Empress Permanently mourning Glenn Rhee
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    What was shit:

Abe and his “I found someone better bitch” comment to Rosita, really? That was the best you could do Abe? That’s great that you ‘found’ new women to pursue, and I get that you’re a fire haired ape but that was beyond cold and so unnecessary. I could say he just wanted the conversation to be over, didn’t want to dwell, didn’t want her pining after him so he pushed her away as coldly as he could, but he can honestly fuck right off.

Glencille
    [​IMG]

And I’m sorry but wtf was this virtual boy retro video game blood splatter on the camera?
    [​IMG]
    I understand that it was a shoot out scene and they probably just thought it was a cool effect, but I hate when shows where there isn’t supposed to be a camera does shit like this. This isn't found footage, it’s almost like breaking the 4th wall, reality and fiction blending together when it’s not supposed to and the theme doesn’t carry anywhere else. It’s just a massive pet peeve of mine.

What was great:

Basically everything else. Great action, fast(ish) paced dialogue, Carol getting attention, and showing affection (Tobin, Sam and Maggie), TF working as a unit, good stuff. Would have liked some Richonne but what else is new. We went years waiting for an eye fuck or a finger tap so I can deal with a single episode of other stuff going down. I guess. :rolleyes:

9/10

20. cupsofmarmalade

cupsofmarmalade Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    This episode was absolute gold. Hands down one of the best TWD episodes ever. In no particular order:

1.) I loved that it started quite airy with the background music and cookie sharing, then gradually descended into darkness. ‘We don’t shy away from it. We live. We kill them all.’

2.) Carol was absent from our screens for a while but her development flowed seamlessly. I think they showed her inner workings better than they’ve done in long time (probably since The Grove), and as a result I think more people will understand her after this episode. I liked the call back to her flowery cardigan wearing days–which I personally didn’t think we got any payoff for until now. I like the fact that they bought everything she’s done since season five together, and the call-back to Sam when she put the last cookie on his grave was a nice touch.

3.) The Carol/Morgan bust up was made more mature. Something which I think was really needed because the way it went down in 6A did neither characters any favours.

4.) I loved Rosita bringing in the Spanish.

5.) Abraham’s breakup with Rosita was very true to the comics, and although it was a major major ass moment, I’m glad they kept it on the show. It added to the discomfort of the viewing experience, which I think is a nice thing to have on occasion because this is a show set in the ZA after all. And comments like, ‘I thought you were the last woman on earth,’ is harsh, but it also drags the audience into the reality that these people are in and makes it even more uncomfortable to watch.

6.) Rosita putting her emotions aside and handling herself like a boss.

7.) Eugene moment

8.) Conversation!!! The dialogue has been really strong these last few episodes and was one of the best parts of this. Glenn and Maggie’s conversation at the table, Rosita’s conversation with Carol, and Carol’s conversation with Rick were all great and added to the realism and tension.

9.) Michonne’s, ‘I just want to know which one of them was Negan.’

10.) Glenn killing for the first time and the Lucille foreshadowing.

11.) Seeing the well-oiled machine TF has become.

12.) Jesus’s comment after he sees the massacre, ‘this is the next world.’

13.) Rick’s iciness and punching the fake Gregory corpse.

14.) FATHER GABRIEL…enough said.