1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 6x13 "The Same Boat"

Discussion in '6x13: The Same Boat' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 13, 2016.

?

What did you think of "The Same Boat"?

1. 1

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. 4

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  5. 5

12 vote(s)
    21.1%
  6. 6

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  7. 7

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  8. 8

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  9. 9

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  10. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I think it will happen. We already seen Carol coming at Rick hard for Maggie being on the mission in the first place....may be foreshadowing of what's to come between those two.

Triponsynth likes this.
  2. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Agree with everything you said but this statement especially. I made the same point elsewhere, that Carol may not be in every episode but when she is, she is featured prominently. Just Carol's screentime alone in JSS and this most recent episode rivals the screentime of the majority of the cast. This is a fact.

Bazooka Jane likes this.
  3. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Michonne may get more screentime as Rick's love interest but actual STORY??? Not sure about that.

SevenStars likes this.
  4. katana-n-me

katana-n-me Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 7. I did enjoy the episode overall, but I do have some gripes. My main one, which kind of pisses me off when I think about it, is the obvious favoritism towards MMB/Carol. Don't get me wrong, I love MMB/Carol. But Carol always gets the good stuff. If there was to be a female centered episode, why couldn't it be all the women from TF, in particular Michonne? Carol has been around since season 1,Maggie since season 2. We know who they are and what they a capable of if they get in trouble. It's nice to see them be bad asses by themselves but I wanna see all the ladies be bad asses by themselves. I just think an episode like this would have been more interesting if it was with Michonne and Rosita. And I know people hate bottle episodes, I don't particularly care for the either but I want one of Michonne. We deserve to know more of the TV background and how she became the person she is in the ZA.

Much love to MMB/Carol and LC/Maggie, though. They were wonderful. I'm just sayin'.

5. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    She should but that doesn't mean she will. As a fan of the Flash, I have witness character like Iris, who is the main love interest of the lead and a core character from the comic get less screen time and pov than guest characters. So what should happen doesn't always happen if the writers just really don't care to write for that character.

tuswig likes this.
  6. saga

saga Watchtower Sniper
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    8/9.

It loses one point for being entirely devoid of Richonne, with only Rick's voice to tide me over. Oh and the little bit at the end. Right. Not enough.

And the other maybe-point is just because I wasn't in the mood for a bottle-ish episode. But once I got past that and decided to ignore my mood issues, I thought it was great. Yes, I buy the entire femcentric-episode gestalt. And I don't mind MMB being given a chance to shine. And LC. Fun stuff.

#66 saga, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    Aurostorm likes this.
  7. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Of course it's not set in stone that she will get more screen time, but I think there's a high possibility that she will receive more. She's the main leads girlfriend now, and she's not a redshirt, she's one of the main lead characters. Naturally she's going to be with Rick more, and Rick gets the most screen time overall, so in theory she will get more screen time. But of course more screen time does not necessarily mean more character development, so that's why I said we're gonna have to wait an see what season 7 brings for Michonne's character.

I watch The Flash, so I know Iris isn't given the screen time or development she deserves (though it has gotten better this season imo), but the difference between Michonne and Iris is that Michonne is officially with the main lead while Iris is not. Of course Iris and Barry are a canon ship in the GN, but on the show Iris is not Barry's love interest. Not yet, anyways.

8. michrick

michrick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    So true! But does anyone think that Carol may not be safe in the finale. Just a thought?

I agree. At this point with only three episodes left, they shouldn't have spent the entire hour on Carol and Maggie. Carol is one of my favorite characters on the show and I did really enjoy the character development for Maggie last night as well. I like how she went all gangsta. I just watched the Four Walls and a Roof episode yesterday afternoon and Maggie and Glenn looked shocked when Rick, Michonne, Sasha and Abe killed Gareth and his crew. It was very different compared to her reaction last night. I feel like we don't get enough of her so that was nice.

But I did feel it dragged in certain areas. And I'm biased...I usually don't like episodes that don't feature Rick (although I really did like the one with Daryl and Carol on the hunt for Beth and they ran into Noah...I'm drawing a blank on the name of that one). I really wanted to see the rest of the family too. And you are right. The Next World may not have showed Carol or Morgan but it focused on multiple storylines, introduced a new character and even gave Spencer a moment to shine.

I keep hearing that Michonne won't be in the next episode so I'm kind of bummed about that. (I wish Rick and Michonne could have their own bottle episode like Daryl and Carol did in the previous season). Looks like we will see more of Carol though. I just think they should show as many of the main characters as possible at this point because we are so close to the end. And you are right....we still know nothing about Rosita!! lol.

9. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I agree with you, I'd do anything for a Rick and Michonne bottle episode at this point.

In regards to Carol not being safe in the finale, she's definitely safe imo. Outside of the Grimes 2.0 and Maggie, she's the safest character I think.

Aurostorm, michrick and tuswig like this.
  10. michrick

michrick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    [QUOTE="katana-n-me, post: 28587, member: 66"

Exactly! As much as I enjoy Lenny/Morgan why did we get 90 minutes of all Morgan and nothing of Michonne backstory except through a dream she had? Carol is a favorite of mine but she does get more screen time and bottle episodes more than any woman on the show. I think Beth has had more bottle episodes than Michonne...but I wouldn't know because I found her episodes hard to watch. Ha!! But Michonne sasha and Rosita would be great too. Even tho Maggie was in it, which I loved, Carol still got more screen time. Outside of Rick, or maybe even more than Rick, she is the character that has transformed the most proving they spend a lot of time developing her character. I just want the same for the other women on the show.

11. Michroolz

Michroolz Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    Five from me

bunnysleeping.gif

Guess we know now who/what the Emmy submissions will be
    AL cos he's Andy and awesome and deserves it
    LJ for ep4
    MMB for eps 2 and 13
    and some mercy submission for either DG/SY for ep3 or something for the cast diversity (same ep) because all the POCs survived to the end

12. Dobbying

Dobbying Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Am I the only person who was extremely annoyed with Maggie throughout this episode (and actually also the last?) There's being badass, and then there's also just plain being reckless and IMO Maggie was taking unnecessary risks all this episode and last. I'm not sure whether it's bad writing, or meant to be a plot point that she's not connecting with her child, because she just seems very blasé about what happens to the baby. Her non-reaction to almost getting stabbed in the stomach in particular really jarred me. I guess this is a good thing though because this frustration is the most I've felt towards Maggie since season 3. If they actually flesh out what Maggie's going through, this could lead to some potentially interesting story lines. I quite liked seeing Carol's struggle this episode but I didn't appreciate Maggie getting more and more sidelined as the episode went on to highlight this.

zahira likes this.
  13. saga

saga Watchtower Sniper
    Patron

Walker Pets:

I don't see her being blase at all. Seems to me that being protective of your baby in the ZA includes doing what she's doing. Some people cocoon when they're pregnant, some people insist on being "I am woman, hear me roar" when they're pregnant and decide to start running 5K's when they've just gotten off the couch yesterday. (I was always the one still on the couch LOL but anyway.)

The reaction to getting stabbed in the stomach, the only reaction we saw was while she was still fighting for her life, in captivity and trying not to be murdered, you know? I mean, what do you expect her to do? Grab her belly and shriek, "OMG my baby!!!"? at which point she's going to be murdered because there's someone there with a knife trying to murder her that very second, she's mid-fight for her life so she has no time to even react. She's got to focus on defending herself from the asshole with the knife.

Assholes with knives are kind of something I think about a lot lately. So maybe I'm oversensitive. But I think in this case am being realistic. And I like my zombie apocalypse television show to be realistic. Well, as realistic as it can be, anyway.