1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Rate & Review 6x14 "Twice as Far"

Discussion in '6x14: Twice as Far' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 20, 2016.

?

What did you think of "Twice as Far"?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. 5

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. 6

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  7. 7

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. 8

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  9. 9

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  10. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What did you all think of the episode?

2. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Time to rate and review!

HustleBunnee likes this.
  3. HustleBunnee

HustleBunnee Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Slow in the beginning, but quite nice in the end - It made up for it.

I liked that Eugene stepped up with the fake out and he had the idea o make ammunition. I also liked that Denise was able to tell Daryl and Rosita what they needed to hear. Also, I think they''ll be OK for a minute since Rosita knows a lil something about medicine

I don't like how Carol left - she played the bitch card for that.
    No Richonne - bad. Let's see what the extended clip has to show on Talking Dead.

4. DanNintendoMan

DanNintendoMan The ship's cook

Walker Pets:
  5. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    It was alright. Pissy about Denise tho. 7/10

6. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    A solid 8. Loved Abraham's and Eugene's scenes. Their dialogue was outstanding and I loved how Eugene showed Abraham the door but Abe stuck around to save the day.

Merritt....How I will miss you. I really liked Denise and am glad to see her get some shine before her exit. At least she received one of the iconic deaths.....

I liked Carol's note at the end and don't think it's selfish or bitchy. She's done, probably borderline ready to check out permanently and she wants to find her lone road where she only has to look out for herself. A former housewife killing 20+ people in less than 2 years? Yeah, I'll cut her lots of slack. And Morgan's expression at the end as he listened to the empty swing was.....intriguing.

Officer Grimes likes this.
  7. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I did NOT like this episode but I can't really articulate why due to Richonne

.......back to YouTube to rewatch the bed scene......again.

Leannan and HustleBunnee like this.
  8. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    6/10

I would have rated higher if Denise was not the one to bite the dust. I really liked her this episode and she had such good potential. Honestly, she didn't have enough development for the big arrow death.

Loved Abe and Eugene bickering. Liking Abe more with Eugene.

That's all the thoughts I can coherently get out for the night. I'm off to my Richonne bliss.

9. Armte

Armte I Drink and I Know Things
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    I am sorry, what am I rating? Did this episode air? Who am I?

Bazooka Jane, Clutterbuck and tuswig like this.
  10. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I need to come back to this later. For reasons. :notlooking:

:shirtless::flirt:

Bazooka Jane and HustleBunnee like this.
  11. Leannan

Leannan Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    SERIOUSLY
    Denise died!?
    5/10
    Five stars goes to that Richonne bed scene I see above me.
    I'm so mad Denise is dead.

#11 Leannan, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  12. Joan Holloway

Joan Holloway Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I give it a 6. I'm really bitter about denise, but I liked dwight. Happy to see eugene get his comic material too

13. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave it a 6. Overall, it was rather lackluster since I knew what was coming (for once spoilers take me out of it). It was cruel what this show did to Denise -- to bring her aboard, make her shine, and then summarily kill her off.

All I keep asking myself is: Why wasn't Dwight's aim a little better?

In any case, Daryl's arc is once again being fueled by the death of a woman. It's frustrating. It pisses me off. He's just stuck in a spin-cycle and can create no drama of his own.

My heart broke for Carol. The fact she feels so dismal and isolated that she fled Alexandria hurts. I am so glad Rick won't be letting her go -- because it will be a spin on him banishing her -- the fact he's going to try and get her back now. It's just a shame no one was checking on Carol before this.

As for the highlights of this episode? EUGENE. Eugene was everything. From giving Abraham the verbal smackdown, to trying to take on a walker (although he failed), to his crafty plan to distract the Saviors and then take a bite out of Dwight's junk. He was just great.

Getting to see Rosita do more than waltz around as living set decoration was nice as well, but her screen time this episode has only just solidified she's dying this season at some point. The show can be so transparent.

It was nice to see a flicker of Rick -- even if for a moment.

14. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    5 out of 10.

I actually knew I wouldn't like it going in, but I didn't realize how much I wouldn't like it.

- Hated that opening scene blur thing. What was that? Like seriously, the artsy shit has got to go, it is just trying too hard and it's lame and distracting. Like no one was disoriented, I don't understand the need. The same shots without the blur would give the audience the same effect of days gone bye in routine.

- Daryl and Rosita. I hated the way they treated Denise in the beginning for no other reason than to be a bunch of twats.

- Killing Denise. I can't describe how much this hurt me right now. I'm going to save it on a post for tumblr, but I just... shock value... killing the good guy so we can feel... there are a lot of things that can happen with Dwight and that arrow that did not have to result in Denise's death.

- The constant shots of her body just laying on the tracks.

- Dwight's crew never seemed ominous at all. Now it was like 6 with machine guns and their aim is that bad?

- Daryl's crossbow. Daryl's entire character consists of hair, crossbow, vest, motorcycle and man pain. That is the extent of his characterization.

On the plus side...

+ Denise. Everything about Meritt Weaver was phenomenal in this episode. What a wonderful character and actress and I'm genuinely going to miss her.

+ Eugene. The dick bite wasn't even my favorite moment, it was him standing up for himself and knowing his worth.

That's all I got.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  15. Nerdgasm

Nerdgasm Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 5.
    Listen, I don't care what they try to sell me on Denise going on the run with Daryl and Rosita, I'm not going to buy it. They shoulda had more people. Alot more people. It probably wouldn't have made a difference but still, just the two of them proved to be incompentent. Like Ya'll really left Denise on several occassions and you didn't even think about it? Rosita and Daryl were off in their own "I got this" world and it made me mad.

Her dying just made me even madder.

Eugene was doing the most last night. I don't care if you know how to survive out there my dude, at the end of the day someone still died, your ass got shot, and yeah you may have bought some time but that coulda been alot worse. Everyone does what they need to do to survive and that includes admitting that yeah everyone has a certain skill set to ensure everyone else's survival. I don't care how much a dick Abraham was or how Eugene was feeling himself during that whole scene in that place, that was unnecessary.

But the last straw to this episode
    The very last straw that pissed me off to no end?
    Carol leaving in the middle of the night. Not for any good reason....not that I buy anyway.
    And what burns me up is that she didn't tell anyone so now people are going to try and find her ass and people are going to pay a high price for it.
    Like if you want to leave talk to your people and leave. I don't care. Have at it.
    But talk to these people that have been around you the longest. You don't just break up with folks in a letter and expect them to be "Oh okay." Get real.

Plus, ya'll just came off committing essentially acts of war, but you're going to peace out? Okay, well bye then.

Sorry this episode made me mad because the writing was sub par and they didn't give me enough of my boo Rick and that's why I'm bitter I guess.
    Here's hoping next week will be better.

16. Silas

Silas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I give it a....4.

I mean I knew it was coming but that still didn't make me like it. They shaped Denise's death entirely for Daryl. That was some bullshit right there. It was like watching Beth die all over again, except ya know...I'd already watched Beth die. I didn't need to watch it again. All the way down to walking down the tracks while bonding then ending with a blonde getting a shocking head shot. I like Denise, she deserved to exist outside of Daryl.

And that Carol bullshit? I'm calling bullshit. Carol used to be one my favorites but I'm just kinda over it. It's funny how everyone attacked Morgan for not wanting to kill but when Carol makes the same claim, they get amnesia. I'm an asshole though and characters that absolutely refuse to kill have always ticked me off so I'm pissed Gimple is doing this with Carol. I realize she's been through some shit and this is her way of healing (hopefully) but I just find it hard to believe that Carol would tuck tail and abandon her family. That'd be like Rick suddenly deciding he isn't willing to kill for his family - or Michonne or any of them really. And I think I can confidentially say they'd get their assholes chewed out for it, not just by fandom, but by their family. Rick's every mistake is usually brought up by at least one character on the show. It just seems really out of character, which is a description I hate using because let's face it, even real people can act out of character at times. But this time the shoe really does fit. I'm just not feeling it, there's no better way to express it. Just isn't my cup of tea. I apologize for the rant but I typically cheer for Carol and this last episode left a really bad taste in my mouth - although it possible that it was supposed to. Who knows. I should prolly end my rant and let the arc finish, what I always advise other people to do.

And yeah I'm kinda bitter that we're gonna get three Carol heavy episodes in a row with no mention of Carl's eyeball situation and very little Glenn. Once again, not a jab at Carol specifically but no single character should be getting this much of the story right now. Except maybe the one that's about to die. If 6A hadn't been so slow they could've paced this season so much better. Instead we're left watching them trying to cram it all in at the end.

But I did like Eugene and Abraham's chitchat and watching Rosita be a bad ass. But when my favorite part of the episode were three characters I gave no fucks about for most of their TV life...yeah, the episode gets a 4.

On top of that they just had to bring up that season 4 abandonment shit again. Let's just beat that dead horse some more, right? I literally face palmed and changed the channel.

17. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am in so much agreement with you about Carol. I love Carol, and I know she's having a meltdown, but if any other character had done this (especially Rick) they would be dragged to the ends of the Earth. She's essentially abandoning her family on the eve of battle. Desertion. She's suffering, and it's a shame, but I don't think anyone -- ANYONE -- in the group would tell Carol she has to kill if she didn't want to do it. Even so? She was the one getting in Morgan's face about how they had to kill -- now she's like, "Bye guys good luck with the imminent attack and all!" and decides killing isn't for her after all? It's breaking a commitment -- mostly because she didn't even try to talk to anyone in the group about how she was feeling. Daryl even asked her if she was doing okay, but she didn't elaborate. She just left a note and ran.

I would say it seems out of character, but I think the signs have been there all along. Carol already tried to leave them before, and the only reason she came back from her banishment was she saw the smoke -- and knew that the others were in trouble.

18. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    8/10

I didn't hate the episode. The only parts I didn't like were Denise's death and NR's bad acting, other than that it was great.
    Loved the Eugene/Abe fight. Loved Rosita having lines. And I absolutely loved Dwight, he's going to be a new favourite of mine I can already tell.

19. michonne

michonne Protecting Glenn Rhee
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Absolutely furious about Denise. More dead lesbian syndrome! hurray! if I pretend denise is fine I'd give it an 8. It was a good episode and Denise had great character development. Too bad it was all for nothing.

20. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave it a 7/10. The opening grated my nerves and it was slow to start, but picked up steam. I really enjoyed Eugene and Rosita in this episode. Rosita is growing on me and CS is a better actress than I originally thought. They're finally letting her talk and interact with more than Abe, so....Probably going to have to say goodbye to her soon.

Denise..poor Denise. I loved her this episode too. I hate that this was all we got of her. She had so much potential in my eyes. I'd take her over Tara any day of the week. Tara is a boring character and AM, sorry, just isn't a good actress. Same face, same voice all the time. She really doesn't have much range.

I don't know how to feel about Abe and Sasha. It's not there for me yet, one way or the other.

Decent episode, but sad Denise had to go.