1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Rate & Review 6x14 "Twice as Far"

Discussion in '6x14: Twice as Far' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 20, 2016.

?

What did you think of "Twice as Far"?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. 5

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. 6

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  7. 7

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. 8

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  9. 9

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  10. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. QueenTee

QueenTee Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I'll give it a strong 7/10
    Depressed about Denise, I was really starting to warm up to her character. Happy they gave screentime to characters we don't see much of and who don't interact much. Liked Abe and Eugene's back and forth. Eugene biting the D was hilarious. Still trying to process Abe and Sasha.
    Had to take off points for the lack of King Rick and Queen Chonne tho. But I understand, they have been quite busy as of late
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#21 QueenTee, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  2. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Totally agree about Denise's death. She was a cool character but ultimately I won't miss her...I don't think her character was worthy of Abraham's comic death.

3. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think I'm going to miss what could have been than what was with Denise.

That arrow death should have went to the side character with the most development and that was Abe. I know that wasn't going to happen, but they shoud have developed another side character. I know a lot of people were resigned for it to be Tara, but she has been absent for most of the last two seasons, that I don't think the death would have the impact it needs.

4. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I agree that Denise had potential but unfortunately that has been the case with many of the characters that this show decides to kill off. I just think that a major comic death was wasted on a character that we were still getting to know...what's even worse, we may not even get a reaction from Carl or Rick about her death, which is another missed opportunity since she was the woman who saved Carl's life.

Gooey Goobert likes this.
  5. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave it a 7/10 mostly because of the fact that they killed Denise to fuel Daryl with manpain. Again. And also because of that Abe/Sasha nonsense at the end.

I thought it was alright. I liked that Rosita got more screen time again. I liked how Eugene stepped up. Hopefully it stays this way and not him reverting back to being cowardly again. And... that's it. I can't remember anything else that happened cause I'm still thinking about the sneak peek lol

6. Jenna Alaki

Jenna Alaki " I'm gonna try "
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm giving this episode a strong 8. I liked it.

- I liked the way they opened the episode with the whole repetitive ASZ operational routine. They then closed with a similar routine but now pulled out the guns because ASZ now has to be on alert. I don't think it was strong enough though, which is why I am giving this an 8. The episode overall had a slow, mundane feel to it (maybe the music). I didn't particularly find it boring but I do wonder if that is in fact what they were aiming for? The fact that Rosita had a rebound thing with Spencer, and my comments below on how Denise's death felt, I suspect they were. Was it also supposed to be an unrevealing warm up for TF to the size of what's coming? I think subsequent episodes will have to conclude before I can fully offer an opinion.

- I loved the Abraham/Eugene moments. After Michonne, Abraham is one of my faves. I look forward to seeing more of him. There's not much to him but I like his frank honestly, his simplicity and his military background and usefulness (and his ginger hair). I love his extended use of euphemisms as it means I have something to look up each week he speaks. (Turd was my look up for this episode :poo:). Given his military training (and Rosita's) they may need it for what's coming. Really interested to see where this Sasha thing goes. I found it interesting that in his moment of pain and when faced with death, he went to her (like in 6x10, when being strangled it was Sasha that flashed to him). To me, he looks like he is 'on it' for Sasha and I say that as a non-shipper. He looked a bit vulnerable standing outside her house because of what just went down. And I loved that he was there to rescue Eugene despite the argument and humble enough to apologise.

- I am sad Denise died. MW did a great job and portrayed her well - very enjoyable to watch. Denise's death however was a product of multiple wrong decisions, on her part first (She is a doctor. She knows she should not be out, she told Tara as much) and then on Daryl and Rosita and ASZ policy. She was too busy trying to prove a point and did some stupid things in the process. I won't push blame onto the writers for now for it being OOC - it didn't seem out of character but more reckless. She was being emotional, she didn't listen to Daryl and Rosita who know what they're doing outside the walls and it costed her her life. I'll push it on Daryl and Rosita because both of them knew as much that she shouldn't come and they gave into her demands. No means 'no' Damn It. I do like that she got the comic book arrow death because I feel her character was worth it. Her death was tragic, pointless, unnecessary (but this is how it is in the ZA) - Dwight wasn't even aiming for her (how sad). The Saviours are revealing themselves as b@$tards. That said, the writers could put more effort into surprising the audience and doing something unexpected w. characters. Eg, building them up to tear them down or being stupid/reckless before dying - are these the only formulae?

- REALLY liking Dwight!!! I liked Austin Amelio's performance in E06 and I liked it here. I liked that Eugene helped defeat 13 men by biting his junk. They have obviously been watching them, o/wise how would they know where to bring Eugene? Stuff is going to escalate quickly!

- I do not share everyone's anger at Carol leaving but I can totally understand it. I feel that she has really got to the tipping point of whatever it is she's going through and the only way she could deal was to leave. That's what happens when stuff isn't addressed and things are left unsaid. Yes they need her now but like she said... 'Sorry, I ain't killing for y'all any more'. And she would because she loves these people. But she has not yet resolved the internal conflict of conscience which has been there since her first kills of Karen and David. And when we met Carol, she was a religious woman to a degree and that upbringing does not just go away. Taking a life is not something that is easy for any person to do. She really needs to deal with it and she needs the space to do so. Morgan had to meet a man at the extreme end of pacifism to come back from his crazy place. I don't think his journey is fully resolved yet but at least he is in a better place than he was.

- I so like Morgan.

7. katana-n-me

katana-n-me Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 7. It was a'ight. Nothing much to say. Still pissed that Denise is dead, such a waste. Eugene biting the dick was awesome. Sasha and Rosita at the end was kinda awkward for me. Rosita should stop being mean to Spencer.