1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 6x15 "East"

Discussion in '6x15: East' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 27, 2016.

?

Please rate 6x15

1. 1

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. 3

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 4

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. 5

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. 6

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
  7. 7

11 vote(s)
    19.6%
  8. 8

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  9. 9

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. 10

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What did you all think of the episode?

2. DanNintendoMan

DanNintendoMan The ship's cook

Walker Pets:
    Good show! Good show! 9/10. :D

3. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Rate the episode here!

4. JBody

JBody Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Boring. I didn't even wake DH up for it. Ah well, onward and upward.

5. I'mStillWithYou

I'mStillWithYou Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    7/10- it was a decent episode. Didn't care for the Rick turnaround about Carol much and some of the writing seemed out of place.

6. JBody

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Carol is a force of nature? Rick, the woman hates your guts. Dumbass. Have fun Morgan.

tuswig and michrick like this.
  7. JBody

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Loved the Richonne obvz. But I'm like a narwhale that way -- once 5 min sip of air (Richonne) will sustain me for hours underwater (crappy storylines I care nothing about). I would kill for more Grimes 2.0 and Carl but that ain't happening, so... Here we are.

Michroolz likes this.
  8. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    2/10
    This episode served no purpose but to have everyone act out of character.
    The episode lost points for having Rick say he would do what Carol did, aka endorsing the idea that they now can sacrifice people for the greater but not really greater good.
    What was the point of Michonne and Glenn going out to chase Daryl? I assume there wasn't any.
    2 seconds of Carl yay
    I'm still waiting to hear where Carol's gun was manufactured from because that shit isn't something that exists right now.

9. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    @Doctor Grimes before I can rate this episode I need you to add a zero to the poll. Thank you and :jesus: bless.

10. michrick

michrick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    Can we get him to say this about his boo?

11. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Alright let me preface this by saying I'm an asshole. But I wasn't looking forward to tonight so I decided to time Carol's screentime. I even texted myself as the minutes ticked by to keep track but I do drink while I watch so it might be a few minutes off. For the record, I didn't just keep track of when Carol's face was on screen but time devoted to the search because of her, conversations about her, etc. So it was the Journey To Find Carol time tracker.

I clocked 25 minutes. Mind you, the show only actually runs for about 42. That's over half.

What I also found interesting in my findings - Carol not only got a seven minute stretch of time of just her (actually her, her face) but we got a six minute stretch of Rick/Morgan discussing her.

Now this wasn't a bottle episode, this is an episode that was supposed to feature most of the cast. That leaves less than 20 minutes to divide between all the other characters and their arcs, and hell - why don't we ever stroke their egos some too. Thangs that make ya say hmmmm. Not only that but this is the Finale Eve episode. Glenn featured a bit if he does in fact get the bat but definitely not 25 minutes. Carl got about two seconds. As far as we know nothing vital to the Negan arc happens with Carol but she got over half the episode leading up to it which literally makes no sense.

A seven minute stretch sure don't sound like a lot. But here's some facts - Richonne going canon lasted less than seven minutes, most deaths last less than seven minutes, Carl's eye injury was less than seven minutes, Rick's throat bite was less than seven minutes. Nevermind, six minutes of ego stroking. That's never happened to anyone, ever.

So add all that in with the fact that they had Rick say Carol was right to burn Karen and David, my ass is so chapped I might need some Burt's Bees for it. Personally, I always thought they were both wrong, but Rick shouldn't have went back on his word. Morgan's logic made no sense because if he hadn't rescued Wolfy, Wofly wouldn't have had to save Denise in the first place. Also, Rick in the beginning was a bit too cocky, sometimes I think Gimple wants people to laugh at him in hindsight and why would you do that to your leading man? Oh and the episode ended on a pointless damn cliffhanger with Daryl's injury.

In conclusion, the poll needs a negative number option. I do not hate Carol before anyone thinks that. Not at all, really. But I didn't start watching The Walking Carol either. If I said too much ya'll are free to rip me a new asshole. I probably wouldn't feel it though, my butt is already hurt.

12. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I change my rating to 0. The Walking Carol is in full force.

HustleBunnee likes this.
  13. Joan Holloway

Joan Holloway Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
  14. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    6/10

I felt the writing was unfocused and a lot of the events came out forced. I did let bit of Richonne influence my rating. I'm sorry.

This episode is the direct opposite of Not Tomorrow Yet when it comes to handling an ensemble cast. Because of the poor division of time, it seemed ridiculous to have Michonne and Glenn come all the way to retrieve Daryl and then turn back in a minute.

Also, some events required a substantial amount of suspension of disbelief. Carol takes down the saviors with a machine gun tucked into her sleeves? Daryl apparently can't read physical cues from Glenn and Michonne? Dwight still can't aim for shit?

I also need to know who Morgan was gossiping with. It seemed similar to the scene in the GN when Heath tells Michonne that someone in TF told him she was a bit of a homewrecker. Who is randomly dishing out these details? Especially since Morgan hasn't been shown to be close to anyone.

ReeciePiecey likes this.
  15. Lugubria

Lugubria Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This comment is perfection and I want to print it out, blow it up to tabloid size and wallpaper Gimple's house and the writing room with it.

ReeciePiecey and ClassicWoman like this.
  16. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm not salty so please know my review comes from a place where unicorns still roam and images of Rick stretching out on his bed while discussing town business with Michonne dance.

This was a strange, confounding episode which we don't need in the penultimate episode. I loved Richonne of course and Michonne calling Daryl out when he first took off as doing something he shouldn't but the rest of it? Just no.

The whole Rick/Morgan interaction was so disappointing because I'd been waiting all damn season for them to have a real conversation with each other. Finally they have screen time and so little of the exchange was about the two of them. Just a wasted opportunity.

I hate when the group makes incredibly stupid decisions and this episode was chock full of them. TF's major soldiers all taking off in different directions while the Saviors are in the area? I call foul. Just let Daryl go have his poutfest and protect your damn community!

I could go on and on...suffice it to say that this is one of the lowest rated episodes for me since Now.

We need to get better and the characters need to once again behave like they're supposed to.

With a brain between their ears.

17. cgomes

cgomes Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I need to watch some parts again, but I don't know...

Richonne scene, of course, that was the best part!

Glenn and Maggie was cute.

No to Michonne and Glenn getting kidnapped because of Daryl... please. He doesn't seem to care about them like they do about him.

Daryl and Carol are two grown-up people who can protect themselves, they wanted to leave, so leave them... But yeah, they are family to the others, so, they'd still worry and care about them...

Carol, Carol, Carol... I just don't care anymore... lalala enough.

Rick agreeing with what she did doesn't change the fact that she killed two innocent people, for nothing. This will never change.

I'll take it as that now he understands her reasons, he sees why she did it, that's it, but, yet, it didn't solve the problem, so... anyway, well, whatever.

I needed more of Rick/Morgan... something better, actually.

Rick's reaction when he knew Michonne wasn't back yet, that was good!

And poor Maggie, I hope nothing happens to her and the baby.

#17 cgomes, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  18. HustleBunnee

HustleBunnee Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    7/10. Only because of Richonne and Glenchone.

19. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I can't even rate this episode... it's bizarre that in the penultimate episode Carol gets over half the episode dedicated to her... ugh............

Jenna Alaki and tuswig like this.
  20. deadaddict

deadaddict Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This Carol shit is beyond corny. Machine gun in the sleeves......

Joan Holloway likes this.