1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 6x15 "East"

Discussion in '6x15: East' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 27, 2016.

?

Please rate 6x15

1. 1

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. 3

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 4

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. 5

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. 6

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
  7. 7

11 vote(s)
    19.6%
  8. 8

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  9. 9

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. 10

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    One thing I will do differently this week is....I will avoid all spoilers, speculations, and advanced review. I read several times on other sites that Michonne goes missing and Rick doesn't care, but clearly we see him, standing there sick with worry. Another epi we were told no Richonne and we all raged but we got Rick reaching acrossed a 15ft RV to touch her and sticking up for her by turning into Savage Rick when Ethan pushed her...... I survived 5 seasons of never knowing spoilers, I can do this. I'll be in the positivity threads.

I gave it a 8.....because here's why...
    -It did show every character, not a bottle episode
    -No one died, praise God
    -Someone knows how to give haircuts! Yes, Enid needs to do a line up of everyone in ASZ and fix their heads
    -Rick and Morgan laughing about the protein bar, seeing anyone smile or laugh is a bit rare and beautiful
    -Rick waiting by the gate anxiously for the love of his life to return home, AND shedding a tear...hopefully finally shuts down the "they have no chemistry" bs that Richonne haters say
    -Abe comforting Rick was really nice and unsuspected
    -Glenn and then Rick referring to everyone as family, pulled my heart strings.
    -They didn't show Abe/Sasha in the shower, which I'm so glad because unless your name is Rick or Daryl then I'm repulsed.
    --And lastly, Rick naked in bed relaxed and happy, umm yes please :)

[​IMG]

#41 DixonGrimes, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    michrick likes this.
  2. katana-n-me

katana-n-me Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 6. It was okay. Carol overload for sure. The Richonne and Gleggie scenes were awesome. It'll really tear me up if they kill off Glenn and the Rhee Seed. Don't do it!

3. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    2/10. 1 for richonne, 1 for gleggie.
    lol morgan spent all that time searching for rick, he finally found him, didn't like what he saw ... now he's out there searching for carol. I find it hilarious for someone who doesn't want to kill, she came armed to the teeth for a bloody massacre. I'm tired of the whole Carol is always right and rick, even when he's right, he's wrong bs.

LadyJ, bionerd386, SevenStars and 2 others like this.
  4. Okay, I'm out.

5. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    8/10
    I liked this episode better than the last two. My nitpicks are Rosita, Carol, and Daryl.
    The Carol scenes were fine aside from her weakling act and fighting the urge to kill those Saviors. She's been put in situations twice now where it's obvious she's going to have to kill in self-defense yet she doesn't want to. I understand her body count is starting to way on her but I know she's not willing to die because of it so it feels pointless.

Daryl knowing he's outnumbered decides to go hunt Dwight down so to me it seems he's on a suicide mission unless the grief over Denise is so strong he thinks he's going to take down 10+ guys with 4 arrows.

I really don't get why Rosita stayed with Daryl. She went out there to help them find Daryl and decides to stay because she and Denise were such great friends she has a vendetta against Dwight too?? Is it on behalf of Tara because I'm pretty sure she would rather not have her girlfriend and best friend die while she's away. We just saw her go through a break up and wake up the next day to raid a compound but now she has a hard time keeping it together? I don't buy it.

Jenna Alaki likes this.
  6. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't know what y'all are talking about, because the episode ended when Michonne got up out of bed :notlooking:

7. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Wait, wasn't both Rick and Michonne supposed to mention the other to other people? Did Michonne mention Rick to anyone, I may have missed it, and Bitter Betsy is rearing her ugly head again...
    [​IMG]

8. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    It should be obvious by now they save their good writing for Richonne and not much else (which I'm obviously thankful for!). They are the only coherent characters that actually use their words, everyone else is just long pauses, cliches and running away from their problems.

I've also felt this all season, except for 6x08 and 6x09, but it seems they are trying to cut costs again like in season 2? They are providing audio or quick shots of zombie kills without showing them, they are barely putting 1-2 walkers in these recent episodes and a huge amount of scenes are just characters walking around. Anyone know if they're having budget problems again?

Iguessiamhere likes this.
  9. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Romain seems like sweetheart, but he's also a dirty liar about Richonne, bless his heart.

Gooey Goobert and Ship Verse like this.
  10. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Rick talked to Abraham about Michonne when he got back; he also mentioned the protein bar to Morgan.

Michonne didn't mention Rick that I can remember.

Ship Verse likes this.
  11. michrick

michrick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    OMG He shed a tear??? How did I miss that?! Does anyone have a gif for this?

12. Jenna Alaki

Jenna Alaki " I'm gonna try "
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well said

Hmmm. I am having trouble rating this episode (and that's normally not a good sign for someone pro TWD). I may have to watch again with fresh eyes (if I have time) before coming to a decision about a rating.

It was clear however that there were things that irked me about this which @Stranger Danger and others have already alluded to. There were also things that I liked. It did feel that this was about getting people in the right places in the run up to Lucille, as will the next episode.

13. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

This scene was so sad
    [​IMG]

cgomes and michrick like this.
  14. michrick

michrick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    wow!!! Just when I thought i would have a productive day at work. This gets me!!

DixonGrimes likes this.
  15. DCBABY

DCBABY Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    7/10

I was going to give it a 6, but Rick and his tear gave it an extra point.

Carol's whole story was a hot mess. I usually like her but the sew in gun coat was almost as over the top as Daryl's zombie head bowling ball during the Grady story. I seriously just stopped caring. At least it gives Morgan something to do beyond twirling his baton.

Daryl. Yeah. Ok. I do wonder if he was drunk off that liquor they found and that's why he went out. But still, and excuse my language, but this motherfucker just told you he knows where your community is...which means his group knows where your community is (as evident by the comments from the Native American dude) but you choose to leave your home one man down, one skilled fighter down to chase after a man clearly heading your way? You know - just like Carol - that you are loved and no one will dare let you wander the world alone, so your selfishness has made your home open to attack because everyone is out searching for your ass instead of securing the place. Oh, like you didn't think they would come for you. SMH! At this point Carol and Daryl can go the fuck on and be sad together somewhere.

Let me talk about the good stuff cause these mofos are pissing me off and unless one or both of them die by Negan, I'm going to stay pissed.

A+ for:
    -Maggie and Glenn shower scene. I assume LC was naked by how low they went down hehehe!
    -Sasha and Abe acting like love struck teenagers during the shift change. Rosita needs to stop watching. She was already screwing Spencer before this began. Go chase your boy Daryl.
    -EVERY. FREAKING. MOMENT. OF. RICHONNE!!!!! From the shoulder kiss to splayed out Rick and everything in between. With confidence off the ying yang, these two can save any episode. I think we will see more scenes in S7 thanks to the positive response.
    -Finally some dialogue between Morgan and Rick.
    -Finally Glenn and Michonne saying fuck this and heading home instead of looking for trouble and TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN.
    -Finally some great bro time between Rick and Abe. These two have gone through some similar experiences and they are both at a good point. Seriously, Rick this is your new brother. I like Uncle Abe.
    -Emotional, tearful Rick by the fence...and he doesn't even know something is wrong and I'm handing him a box of tissues LMAO!! That man is so in love and it makes me wanna cry TOO!

16. lostinadaydream

lostinadaydream Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    After reading the spoilers I thought I was going to hate it instead it wasn't completely bad....

What I liked:

- Richonne.:cute:

- Rick and Morgan ( AL and LJ managed to add so much layers and depth to their scenes... you could actually feel the connection they have and that they genuinely care about the other. It's a shame they didn't put them together more during this season - they denied us lots of wonderful interactions and a lesson about what the expression 'being Emmy-worthy' really means :rickgrin:.)

- Gleggie ( the shower scene was sweet and sad. )

- Rick and Abe ( I’m actually surprised here but I loved their scene. I know that in the comics they were closer and that makes me want to see more of them together.)

What I didn’t like:

- Carol 4.0 ( I never liked her so for me what they are doing is actually torture .... usually I can tolerate her - since I resigned myself to the fact that she exists - but now I’ve had enough! I’m tired to see Carol do the same thing over and over. I don’t need to see her struggle AGAIN and I don’t need to know how she left Tobin !!!! As others already said that was PRECIOUS time they could have dedicated to other MORE IMPORTANT characters. And I’m going to gloss over how much I hate what she is doing – it’s idiotic and egoistical - and how detrimental RamboCarol is for the show .. that scene with the saviors was so cringeworthy. )

- The Glenn/Michonne/Daryl/Rosita thing was stupid and clearly just an excuse to get those characters caught by Dwight's group. They have a team of writers and no one could came up with something better than this?

- No Grimonne scene ( IMO this was the moment to remember everyone what they have: a family within the larger family that is their group )

- Rick calling Carol "a force of nature" :eyefuck: ( the last time I felt so outraged by a simple line was when Daryl-Stu ruined Rick's "we are the walking dead" speech) ... the only explanation I can find, because I refuse to accept that they could deliberately write something like that, is that few pages of :gimp:'s AU fanfiction that he was going to publish with his secret account on Archive Of Our Own ( I can see him having a nickname like BaddassCarol♥ZAQueen ) accidentally ended up among the ones meant for the screenplay of the episode. No seriously, I gave Gimple the benefit of the doubt but this is getting ridiculous! :ugh:

#56 lostinadaydream, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    ClassicWoman, LadyJ and zahira like this.
  17. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I thought we were getting a Grimes 2.0 this episode. This is why I must not read spoilers. My head canon was that after the bed promo happened, Rick and Michonne would get dressed and go downstairs and have breakfast with Carl and Judith, Carl would make a nice statement about family (umm how perfect would that scene have been?). I know Rick had the quick talk to Carl but now that Richonne is full blown happening it just seems so odd that there hasn't been a scene where at least Carl and Michonne talk like in 6.10. They haven't talked in 5 episodes but are family and live in the same house, not to mention she's sleeping with his dad every night, but they don't talk? Is she changing his bandages still? Will they acknowledge she's stepmom now? We don't know because AMC gives us 60 minutes of Carol every week :(

#57 DixonGrimes, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    zahira likes this.
  18. Jenna Alaki

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Don't get me wrong, I am pro Richonne, but I had to rewatch this scene 'cause I couldn't see it. Still can't. It looks more like he's scratching his eye...in the midst of his concern for Michonne of course.

19. Jenna Alaki

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Finally settled on a 6/10. Loved the Richonne moments/references of course. Alwas love the fact that Michonne thinks with a straight head. But lazy, unbelievable writing is a big no-no. I felt this ep. had lots of it.

DixonGrimes likes this.
  20. toytoy

toytoy Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    I have a few issues with this ep

1) I didn't like that Rick was cool with Carol killing K&D. Glenn & Sasha was sick too...I guess Carol should have killed them as well.
    2)Abe and Sasha being so in your face in front of Rosita... Too soon
    3)How the hell didn't Daryl and Rosita spot the Saviors before seeing glenn & michonne
    4) What was the point of showing Carl looking at a gun if that was his only scene.
    5) I didn't like that Glenn waited til Daryl leave to mention that the Saviors might be at Alexandria..Had he said that, Daryl probably would have listened

With that said.. I did enjoy the episode, I gave 7. That beautiful Richonne scene saved the ep for me