1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x01 "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be"

Discussion in '7x01: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 21, 2016.

?

On a scale of 1-10, how good was this episode?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. 4

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. 5

13 vote(s)
    11.3%
  6. 6

14 vote(s)
    12.2%
  7. 7

16 vote(s)
    13.9%
  8. 8

14 vote(s)
    12.2%
  9. 9

29 vote(s)
    25.2%
  10. 10

20 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Michroolz

Michroolz Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I hope this doesn't read as sarcastic but did Tumblr discuss the possibility that the missing napkins were already placed on the relevant laps?:)

2. Michroolz

Michroolz Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I think my problem with Negan/JDM that, as a non comic reader, I was kinda expecting him to be like The Comedian in Watchmen who JDM played brilliantly as a cold murderous b*stard. I have to remind myself that JDM wouldn't (as in never) have got the role if Kirkman didn't want him. I also put the 'flatness' of his performance down to GN's piss poor direction.

3. mellowalkerstalker

mellowalkerstalker Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    For me, it was one of TWD's best episodes. Did I enjoy it and would I watch it again? No, and probably not.

It was INTENSE, it was BRUTAL, it was RELENTLESS. This episode drained me, and it's all I've been thinking about since it aired. The acting was incredible as usual; it felt like these characters were SO REAL, and that I was right there with them. It was bloody distressing though. When Abe got hit, I nearly screamed. When Glenn got hit, I pretty much did scream. Abe's final words, his defiance in the face of Negan and Lucille, ripped my heart out, but then Glenn's sudden and cruel death, his "maggie... I'll find you", pretty much took my heart and stomped it all over the ground.

Watching Negan break Rick was also too much. When he almost had to cut off Carl's hand... michonne begging negan not to make him do it, even though speaking up could have meant her death; Carl's bravery, and willingness to sacrifice a limb for the rest of his family; then Rick, barely able to get the words out he was so distressed, saying to do it to him instead, not Carl.... I was frozen IN FEAR. Andrew Lincoln was amazing. JDM was amazing - he pulls off charming psychopath really well lol...

Emotions aside, this episode setup the whole Negan storyline very nicely. It set him up as one of the greatest tv villains we will ever know, and now we all absolutely effing hate him. We're left wondering how TF will avenge Abe and Glenn, and defeat this formidable foe. Even though this episode was SO hard to watch, I'm eager to see the rest of the season and how TF will deal with Negan and his armies. I know it's going to be a rough ride, but nothing could be rougher than the season premiere!

I hated seeing two of my favourite characters die - I didn't even realise how much i didn't want them to die until it happened - but it's still a 10/10 episode for me.

Lickidesplit, QueenTee and Mousey like this.
  4. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Haha. Excellent point.

shannon likes this.
  5. HisQueenMichonne

HisQueenMichonne Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I think I've recovered.

First of all I voted 9.

This episode was INTENSE and BRUTAL. Even though I've recovered I'm still trying to process what I watched sunday night.
    AL and JDM did a fantastic job. I'm still amazed by Lauren, Christian and Sonequa performance.

Abraham's death was surprising. However, I thought that was it for Lucille until Daryl jumps up and sucker punch Negan (WTF Daryl). Now all I wanted to do at that time was jump thru my TV and kill Daryl myself. I was sooo pissed. Then I thought Negan would kill him but Nooo someone else had to pay the fucking price for his stupidity, and now Glenn got a BRUTAL death.

Sasha's face before and after Abraham's death had me crying like a baby........ Maggie, OH GOD Maggie, It was unbearable to watch. Glenn's last words was what sent me over the edge, I was hyperventilating and crying.

And then thr was Negan and his fucking mind games giving Rick a second chance to fix his face/look.With all that was happening before I was weak and frustrated. I thought I had no tears left in me but the moment Negan told Carl to "Spread them wings" my heart started racing. I was worried to the point where I had to take a Xanax. That moment where Michonne broke down and told Negan "We understand" the look in her eyes and the despair in her voice hit me like a ton a bricks. I WAS DONE!

6. ashandi

ashandi Waiting for Rick and Michonne to adopt me..
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    You know, while watching this episode one of the first thoughts I had was actually in relation to Terminus. I kept thinking about what we watched Team Family do to Gareth and his people - and how it was so much easier to stomach Rick and everyone else we care about do such horrible things to other people in the name of protecting what was theirs. Killing Gareth was a must - it had to be done because he and his people were a threat. From Negans POV, Team Family is a threat. They took out a good amount of his men so now Negan needs to protect whats his.. the problem is that we don't care about them in the way that we do Team Family. We want Rick and the group to do whatever they need to do to survive, so for the tables to be turned on them is frustrating, irrational and incredibly heartbreaking to us as viewers. Especially when you take into consideration how upsetting it was for Glenn to watch Rick and most of the group dismantle Gareth and co. they way they did. To be forced to watch someone you love go through what Glenn (and Abe) went through would break just about anybody - and as hard as this all was, I also understand why this needed to happen. With that all being said, while this episode may have taken a small part of me with it, I haven't been this excited for a TWD season in a long time. 9/10

7. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't know if this has been said but I gave a medium rating due to CONTINUITY... I mean did TWD think people wouldn't notice that Dwight, Carl, Daryl, and Negan all have longer hair then when they filmed 6.16? Like all these guys magically grew 3 inches of hair in the same night?? lol.... Negan has more grey in his beard in 7.1 vs 6.16. Rick has less scars vs 6.16. I know they have budget and all but I wish they had filmed it all at one time frame instead of filming waiting months then re-starting.

mellowalkerstalker likes this.
  8. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Yup. Terminus is all over the events of 701. I think that's why they opened with the scene they chose: it was a deliberate callback to 501, which opened with Rick staring down the leader and promising to kill him, too. They also put him back in the murdercoat, which automatically makes it resonant with Terminus and the events that happened right before it.

9. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

Morgan, Sasha, Abe, Glenn, baby Hershel, Maggie, Spencer and Eugene are missing the underplate. Everyone else has three plates they just have two. Not sure what that means.

10. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner

And some are missing their napkins on their plates. You know how Gimple loves his symbolism. We will be analyzing and investigating the hell out of this with the upcoming episodes.

11. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Rosita hair also went from straight to curly, lol

12. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    So here I am, up late because I'm sick, and they're playing a re-run on AMC. I just had to be a pedant and say that Negan very clearly tosses the hatchet on top of the RV. He lobs it upward if you watch his arm and you can hear the clattering of it on the RV roof too.

I get why folks missed it but I've been seeing too many people calling out TWD for that being TV bullshit magic and nah, son, not even close. ...But like @DixonGrimes says above LOL there's plenty of actual continuity stuff in the episode. Maggie's hair sticks out like a sore thumb during the episode since it looked amazing in the finale but looks kind of terrible in 701. (I say this with complete sympathy because I've also grown out pixie cuts and yeah, they're unbearably ugly in that process at times.)

13. richonneromance

richonneromance Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I gave an 8.

I think it executed everything really well but I think there should've been some plot progression. This has to be the least amount of ground covered, story wise, between seasons. We didn't even get through one day.

Otherwise I liked basically everything. Some of the cinematography was so pretty and I loved the early morning blue tinge with the fog. Gave the episode a surreal feel at times and really emphasised Rick being isolated and out of his element.

lovingdead and Gekari like this.
  14. I'mStillWithYou

I'mStillWithYou Richonne Trash
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I thought Michael C. said they did indeed film this all in one night? In the Michael Cudlitz admits they lied thread- he says that they filmed this well over a year ago. Actually the same night as 6.16...

Michroolz likes this.
  15. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The guys' hair are all longer. I will watch it on my phone and screenshot the scenes, come back and post the differences. The biggest error I caught was Dwight's hair. I guess hair and make up paid less attention to him since he wasn't a main character. After I noticed Dwight's hair I started seeing all the other errors lol.

16. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I noticed that too LOL

Danaisbestie likes this.
  17. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Does anyone think that Negan mix up thinking that Rosita is Abe's partner not Sasha is foreshadowing something else from the GN? He got Glenn and Maggie right.

Especially now we see Michonne with a rifle (Sasha is the sharp shooter).

#157 Barbarossa-TWD, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  18. FoxC

FoxC Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Hmmm I suck at number ratings but I thought it was a solid episode. I even forgave the cliffhanger. Maybe because I avoided further spoilers but initially I thought it would be hard to capture the emotions from the season 6 finale. I was wrong. Even though I knew about who died, I still gasped and cried throughout the whole thing. I guess since I avoided the spoilers of how the episode was going to play out, I felt more on the edge of my seat since I didn't know when things were going to happen. I felt the whole cast brought their A game and at the end of the episode, I was a sobbing mess. So overall, solid episode.

#158 FoxC, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  19. vaberella

vaberella Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    It's not so much JDM. I find the issue is really the lines given. I find Negan to be LONG WINDED. If he was more succinct his lines would be more powerful, even scarier...like the comics. This Negan is ugh. The best word I heard is "cartoons". I feel it comes from the lengthy verbiage--for no reason.

20. Jenna Alaki

Jenna Alaki Saying "Yes"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So reviewing this review I wrote earlier, it REEKS of the emotional mess I was in after last week. I hadn't watched TTD after it but I did this week and I think it helped.(I won't be making a habit of it, except for maybe episodes with Rick, Michonne and Carl). After watching again, I will be changing my rating to a 7.

Gekari likes this.