1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x02 "The Well"

Discussion in '7x02: The Well' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 30, 2016.

?

On a scale of 1-10, how good was this episode?

1. 1

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. 4

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. 5

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. 6

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  7. 7

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  8. 8

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  9. 9

9 vote(s)
    10.6%
  10. 10

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Love it? Hate it? Wish you were never born? Rate and review the episode here!

2. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So what did everyone think?

3. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I'm still stuck on Zeke being gorgeous and having the voice of God we can fire Morgan Freeman now.

It was definitely lighter than 7x1.

IDT the Creepy House is so creepy.

I have deeper thoughts. Still trying to get them together.

Until then: ta ta

box5angel likes this.
  4. leela

leela Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    I give it a 10, it helped cleansed my brain after last weeks episode.

5. Belle

Belle Perpetual notion machine - what if...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This was better than I expected it to be, but nothing to write home about. I gave it a 7 because I think the introduction to the Kingdom was solid. Zeke is a win, I'm happy with the character so far. I'm especially happy with Zeke's guard - he seems like a big happy dude who can handle his business. I can imagine getting attached to him and majorly pissed if he bites the dust.

Shiva was great. And I like that they owned that fact that it's impractical to keep a tiger. I like Ben and I really like that Morgan has a protege. He should teach the lots of people akido - not just Ben.

I gave the episode a 7 because it was slow for me, but we got good background information on Zeke and we've gotten a good feel for the Kingdom. The scenes didn't seem rushed and the dialogue felt substantial - I hope we get quality interactions like those in this episode between more characters this season.

6. LivingAsMe

LivingAsMe ~Rejecting Negativity, Embracing Positivity~
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Ezekiel was the biggest highlight for me. He's so eccentric, humorous, blunt, and has a swagger like no other. Love it. Shiva's awesome. She doesn't look out of place at all. Richard's so cool. His shadiness and no-nonsense attitude makes me smile. His plan with the pigs - priceless. It'd be nice to see Negan eating some of that. Anyway, I really liked Morgan this episode. I liked his dynamic with Ben. I don't need Ben dying any time soon, but with this show time is of the essence. I actually didn't really like Carol's attitude in the beginning, but by the halfway mark something changed and I was okay with her. Loved her scenes with Ezekiel. Their dynamic was eclectic and fun. Overall, I would give this episode a 7/8.

7. deadaddict

deadaddict Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 7.

I like Ezekiel, even though I don't want to. :lol:
    I just hope they don't ruin him, but I suspect they will....

and I thought Shiva looked nice.

Belle, box5angel and Gekari like this.
  8. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It's a solid 8 for me. I really liked Ezekiel, Shiva, Richand and the Kingdom overall. Also it was good to catch up with Morgan and Carol.
    I'm really happy with how the Kingdom was executed on the show. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Zeke, Shiva and the community in the future.

Katbird, Denie39, Belle and 1 other person like this.
  9. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    The episode wasn't bad. It was slow but I gave it a 7.
    I like Ezekiel. Especially when he dropped that act. I enjoyed his conversation with Carol. I thought Shiva looked great.
    I laughed at Carol's expression when she saw the tiger. I laughed at her stealing things and her crying over cobbler. I'm glad Morgan finally decided to let her do what she wanted to do. Richard seems ok and I laughed Jerry's deuces.

21melpomene, Belle and box5angel like this.
  10. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Shiva is the DOPEST thing I've seen on this show... like EVER. Literally Shiva's made Mufasa look like a punk, and Mufasa is THAT cat.

I'm glad Morgan seems to be coming to the realization that he probably has to kill. I saw a glimpse of the "monster" that he thinks he is when he cocked that gun. He was ready to defend himself and the people of the Kingdom. I liked that. I also liked how he lowered his gun.... I LOVED that he still marks where he is/where he's going. I wonder how/if that will come into play in later episodes. We know NOTHING is by accident or w/o purpose.

I thought the creepy house was actually okay. I mean the outside was clearly creepy af. But the inside looked warm and cozy. At least she'll be comfortable.

I did think both Morgan and Zeke BEGGING Carol to stay THE ENTIRE EPISODE was over the top and highly annoying. Like omg if yall could just let her be an adult and figure it out. I don't see Carol as a victim needing saving, and I feel like both Zeke and Morgan were placed in the ZA to be her personal savior. Stop.

I already talked about how I hyped up the Kingdom in my head. Won't go into that... but I def disappointed myself LOL.

I like that Morgan, though reluctant to mentor, is taking his job seriously. And I LOVE the fact that he isn't teaching that you don't have to kill, that people have to find their own way. It was irritating to know he didn't WANT to mentor, but I wonder if it's because he's struggling w/ his own morals and values.

In the end I really hope/wish Carol gets better. That opening sequence when she's seeing the walkers turn human was creepy af, and I felt bad for her. She's REALLY having a hard time. Yes I dislike her, but I don't want her separated from everyone. Looking forward when TF gets back together.

W/ that said IDK why she has to be so mean/rude. Zeke was open and vulnerable w/ her, and she pretty much took it and shoved it in his face, much like she had done Morgan in S6.

I'm trying to figure out how I feel about them at the end. AT least Corgan seemed to make amends, which hopefully will be a start.

I have NO idea what to make of Zeke and Carol at the end there. Like at all.

Watching the TTD and Spencer's real life g/f wants Carol to save TF has annoyed me more than anything. No, I'm not surprised. But still.

Overall the episode was kind of boring, but it was good psychologically. They're playing mind games the entire episode. It's cool.

QueenTee, Denie39, GrimesGurl and 2 others like this.
  11. Gekari

Gekari Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 7 because I love big kitties and Ezekiel was very well executed.

Carol was ok, and yes the creepy house isn't that creepy at all.

Zeke hitting on her in the end was cute.

I'm not depressed and this is great XD.

Note: I watched this episode expecting nothing good, was slow but good I think.

12. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I give it a 7.

The best part was Ezekiel and Shiva. Ezekiel is fine too. :hearts: That's what I was waiting for. I liked the hallucinations that Carol had with seeing walkers, and then their human selves. I yawned in a few spots. Like some already said, creepy house wasn't all that creepy. I liked Lennie's acting in this. He's great as Morgan.

13. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 7. I liked it

box5angel likes this.
  14. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 6. It was a classic Gimple bottle episode but I felt like it had good character development for Carol and Morgan. I'm not really sure what I think about this new TWD world though. The Kingdom is so ridiculously out there. The Hilltop folks felt more realistic. I can even get with the tiger and I can appreciate that they named that the tiger was impractical in the episode.

But I could not get over how everyone is cool with Ezekiel playing Renaissance fair king. If he wanted to be a king, I get that but a renaissance fair king? That's just so weird lol. And yes I know that it was in the comics but I really don't care everything in a comic book is not going to translate well to the show.

GrimesGurl and box5angel like this.
  15. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    All of this. I missed the part, that that's AN real gf. Yeah, I was annoyed too when she AND Hardwick both said that they want Carol to defeat Negan. :sasha:

idcabtthisish likes this.
  16. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave it a fun 7. It was a playful episode and I liked a lot about it, such as seeing Carol again, Ezekiel's magnificent introduction, SHIVA, cutie pie Jerry, shady Richard, and Morgan's growth -- but I also felt it lacked some energy and momentum. Possibly because it is so far removed from what I consider the "main plot" (Negan's bullshit and fuckery).

17. Marley

Marley Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I liked it and I gave it a 6. I'll admit that the Carol-Morgan storyline isn't my favorite, but we got some good stuff in this episode. It got a bit slow for me during some parts, but this was a nice breather after last week, and after watching the promo for next week, I totally understand why they decided to switch the order of the episodes. I'm obsessed with Shiva :hearts: and I really liked Ezekiel. MMB had some amazing facial expressions while reacting to him, her side eye to Morgan:lol: :lol:

I saw someone post on tumblr that Abe meeting Ezekiel would have been amazing, and now I'm heartbroken that it will never happen T_T

18. Cousin Peaches

Cousin Peaches Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I gave it an 8. I liked the Kingdom characters. Morgan's getting some love, which I hope doesn't mean his demise. Looks like Carol's going to be getting some love literally and I'm not mad at her. Did I mention how much I like Ezekiel's fine, sexy, velvety-voiced self?

19. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 10 because it was a flawless, flawless introduction for my last favorite character who'd yet to make it to the TV screen, and because it was a perfect antidote to last week's terrible carnage and misery. They made the absolute smartest call on this planet swapping this episode with The Cell.

Khary is so good at Ezekiel. I always knew the show would do him justice but honestly couldn't have ever predicted how wonderfully. The whole Kingdom crew is honestly pretty solid, at least in sparking an interest, especially Richard, Jerry, and Benjamin. Memorable without taking up too much space right now, which is perfect.

Morgan coming full circle with Benjamin is lovely, even as he struggles and is still fumbling through it all while trying to adjust yet again to more changes in his world. Seeing just how much Ezekiel values him? My heart!

Ezekiel and Carol are really precious. The scene in the garden was lovely, too. There's definitely something brewing there (that ending! that pomegranate! that shirt!) and I'm here for it. His devotion to strong women is one of the things I love most about him. :lol:

So while not a "10" 10 (I do agree it was slow but especially these characters needed some more slowdown time), it was a wonderful episode and perfectly placed, and I am so excited to see more out of our Kingdom group sometime in the near future.

20. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave it a 9. Loved funny Carol and her stealing shit and cussing was perfect. Zek is hot as hell. Shiva is fantastic. Jerry is my new favorite red shirt. He rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and Carol on horse back made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!