1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x02 "The Well"

Discussion in '7x02: The Well' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 30, 2016.

?

On a scale of 1-10, how good was this episode?

1. 1

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. 4

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. 5

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. 6

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  7. 7

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  8. 8

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  9. 9

9 vote(s)
    10.6%
  10. 10

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. chasus

chasus Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    well you know Chris is Rambo Carol's biggest fan. I agree this time it should be someone else who was involved in the negan tragedy to have the full hand in saving whomever. Rather it be a group effort or at the hands of Maggie, Sasha, Rick or Michonne. This time Carol should NOT be the solo savior

2. chasus

Walker Pets:
    I gave the episode a 6...I love meeting Ezikiel and Shiva, plus Zeke's crew. I also realized how much the saviors are major punks and I am ready for them all to get taken down now. The kingdom was a bit over the top BUT I can see how living oblivion helps get that community through the day. Morgan did not bug me as much since he is finally having to go against his own motto. As for Carol, well she is a work in progress in the beginning of the episode I was annoyed with her and hoping she was not going to repeat all her dialogue from last season. Her conversation with Ezikiel was a surprise and hopefully we can move to a Carol who knows what she wants to do because in this new world you cant be on the fence about things.

yes TTD gets on my nerves sometimes. only watched because Khary was on there he is easy on the eyes.

box5angel likes this.
  3. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    I hope they let Daryl eat one of the pigs.

All in all it was a solid episode. They had to tone it down from the brutality of last week. I do like Ezekiel minus the King title lol. Richard is gonna be a character I like I can tell. The Kingdom has more likable characters than any group during its debut. ASZ didn't have many likable characters and neither did Rick's initial group or should I say Shane's group. Shiva is a great addition and Carol always perfects her old lady in distress routine when she's in covert mode. It won't work with the Saviors though.

4. ClassicWoman

ClassicWoman Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    meh it's a 6. good introduction to Shiva,Ezekiel and Richard...i think it's kind of ridiculous that people are still oblivious to the outsidw "real" world aka Negan/Saviors. i LOVED Richard fattening up the pigs with walker meat lol. that's a big fuck you to Negan.That part and character felt very TWD, if that makes sense.

Carol's being Carol and Morgan was being Morgan. I guess he gave up on saving Rick and now trying to work on Carol. But the driving miss daisy shit got old real quik.

ok episode...oddly placed and paced but i guess they actually couldn't wait time wise to introduce the kingdom.

GrimesGurl likes this.
  5. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, I heard that about CH. I do believe it should be a group effort too.

6. GrimesGurl

GrimesGurl Spooning with Rick
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I have to admit, I did not love this episode. It was meh at best. I liked the scene with Zeke and his people delivering the pork to the saviors. it will be interesting to see if eating infected meat actually works. Carol is beginning to bug me and I'm getting bored with Morgan. Shiva...*sigh*I don't know. I don't see how they're going to make a CGI tiger work. They're already off to a bad start with Zeke showing up at Carol's place with the tiger. Shiva's just standing there...like it was a dog Like Zeke just casually took this wild animal out for a walk...no fucking way would that happen in real life! I don't know, we'll see....maybe they'll find a believable way for the tiger to interact with people or eat a Savior or something. I just want to know how Rick and the family are doing!

mellowalkerstalker likes this.
  7. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    IDK if eating infected meat actually works because Terminus ate Bob's leg after he was bitten and they had no ill effects. I guess if you cook it the bacteria or whatever goes away and highly doubt Saviors is gonna eat raw pig.

What gets to me is that another group is falling under the altar of Negan. Hilltop, ASZ, and now the Kingdom. All three of them can team up now and get rid of Negan. One bullet will cure the problem.

8. chasus

Walker Pets:
    If anyone was going to do a solo kill or solo save I say it should be Maggie, especially if the show insists on having a female Rambo save the day. To take that away from Maggie would be wrong, even Sasha could co-team with her because these two lost the men they loved so it would make sense and be fitting.

9. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, I think Richard's idea was more to "artificially" fatten them up, plus give an extra "F you" to the Saviors. And it worked brilliantly on both fronts. :yay:

10. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I rated it a 2. I was bored out of my mind. :negan:

GrimesGurl and idcabtthisish like this.
  11. chasus

Walker Pets:
    I agree about all these groups Negan has under his thumb, the saviors come off as punks as it is. Negan and crew are just the ZA version of Bullies nothing more. It will be a good time to see these groups coming together to defeat Negan and what not and it seems they are building up Carol to convince Zeke one day to help Rick and crew if it comes to that.

12. chasus

Walker Pets:
    lol at least you are honest, it was slow paced and for me featured my two least favorite character but I wanted to see how Khary did as Ezikiel and I really liked him. Other than that this really did feel like a bottle episode and we have a treat of another Bottle zone net week.

Lyra_Nation likes this.
  13. chasus

Walker Pets:
    well you still have a long wait on the rick and family time. I can understand how Zeke is able to walk around with Shiva after all he did save her so animals have a keen way of being that person's protector. It is not too farfetched really even in a ZA, lol

14. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm going to give it a 7. I'd almost give it a 10 for Shiva alone because I love her and animals make me ridiculous. :shiva:

Khary killed it. THAT is how you introduce and weave a new character into your narrative. He has so much charisma and is delightful in real life. I'm sold, welcome to the family.

I liked Richard, #ProtectJerry2K5ever, and the pig plan was great. I'm side-eyeing my past self for wanting to skip this episode. Also, yes it goes without saying that this was beyond a breath of fresh air after last week. :zeke:

15. chasus

Walker Pets:
    Shiva was beautiful great CGI there with this. Yes I agree Khary, killed it the perfect Ezikiel I loved him and he is quite the looker,,,,very nice

Clutterbuck likes this.
  16. Jenna Alaki

Jenna Alaki " I'm gonna try "
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave this episode a 9. I was skeptical about this one but tried to go in with an open mind. I've also been staying away from any detailed spoilers passed what we got whilst the episode was being filmed.

I think it was well done. I don't think I've ever been so relieved to have a bottle episode after last week. And it was well placed (glad they didn't air in the same order they filmed). Ezekiel was great. Richard was great. Ben was great. Carol was great. Morgan was great. Everything had it's place, wasn't OTT. It felt removed from last week and rightly so, considering they all have no clue what just went down :crydaryl:. I found Ezekiel's introduction to Carol (and us) funny. I actually laughed. I was thinking that I might just find him cheesy like the comics. But it wasn't. He seemed to be well placed, even in the 'seriousness' of this universe. More so than Negan ATM (I still don't know what they're trying to do with him - is he a maniac, ruthless, comical, or what? - trying to remain open to find out).

Anyway, I liked and appreciated this. I've started a new ritual of watching the previous week's episode again, and then the episode preview / sneak peak, just before the current week's one. I'm looking forward to watching this again.

ETA: I am still looking forward to seeing Rick though. That won't change.

Katbird, Denie39, GrimesGurl and 3 others like this.
  17. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave it an 8. It was a solid episode and I LOVED it.

The Kingdom feels like a character. It's just teeming with so much life. I haven't loved a location like that since the Prison in 4A and the Greene Farm. ASZ felt so barren. There weren't that many recurring character and for a place that big, it just felt empty. The Hilltop introduction was meh. Nobody really stuck out other than Jesus and Gregory. But the Kingdom, now that is a way to make an introduction. There are actually people and kids scattered about, going on with their lives. The side characters were enjoyable too. Benjamin, Richard, and lovable Jerry left an impression on me in that short time.

Ezekiel was fantastic. I was dreading his introduction because he felt so corny in the GN, but here they did a good job of making him stick out while still integrating him into the show's atmosphere. Khary Payton is absolutely wonderful. He killed it in this role. I loved that change in demeanor when he went from King Ezekiel to just Ezekiel.

And good lord, they managed to not make me hate Shiva. I loved the story of her and Zeke. I'm a sucker for animal rescue stories, ok? I liked her even more when Zeke just flat out states how impractical it is to have her. She was there and made quite the presence but still largely in the background. That said, even though I love her, I don't think I'll ever be ready for Combat Tiger.

Morgan was wonderful as always. I loved his internal dilemma that he had with what he had done to rescue Carol. I really enjoyed his scenes with Ben, but I am worried about his life span. I just hope him passing on his skills doesn't mean he'll have a similar fate like Eastman. I need you to live Morgan, LIVE.

Carol was great as well. I was worried she would be in this depressed cycle, but I saw improvement in her. It's baby steps towards the right direction, but it's there. Her scenes with Zeke were the best. That conversation by the fire and the ending scene just had me intrigued. I love their chemistry, and I love that Zeke and Carol were able to take their mask off with each other. The spoiler folks really down played that ending scene. Come on, that looked like it came straight from a romance novel. Zeke was looking all dashing, handing her the pomegranate, while a small smile played on Carol's lips. Loved it! That's the Carol I want to see more of.

Overall, I thought it was a fantastic episode if you couldn't already tell. Even though not much happened action wise, there was a lot going on with internal conflict. To me, the character interactions felt a lot more meaningful and felt like something out of S2. I gave it an 8/10 because *annoying teacher voice* there's no such thing as a perfect score, and it was a bit slow in areas, but don't get me wrong, I loved it all the way.

Katbird, Vivis, Jenna Alaki and 6 others like this.
  18. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave it a 6. I really enjoyed Ezekiel, Shiva and the residents of The Kingdom. Especially Jerry, the one who flashed deuces, and Daniel, the cutie who rescued Morgan and Carol from season 6. I hope we see a lot more of them. I agree that if Jerry is ever killed, it will be a hard death to watch. What a delightful character! And I originally thought Daniel had Richard's role and I was excited about that. I hope Daniel has a bigger part to play in the future because he's very nice to look at.

The scene with the saviors really made me uneasy. At first, I was thinking these saviors didn't look as menacing as the saviors in the finale and premiere, but their bullying really got to me and made me sad for Richard, who clearly has had enough of them. I also felt worried for Future Morgan during that scene.

Morgan has never been a favorite character for me, but I really liked him in this episode and I think I could come around to liking him even more if he stays at The Kingdom. His gentle, quiet attitude works really well at The Kingdom. I loved his moment with Ben (?) while they ate. I also loved their training session montage. I can see Morgan being a great "teacher" and reluctant father-figure. He would wear those roles much better than nurse/aide.

It was interesting for me to watch Carol. Carol is one of my least favorite characters on TWD. But - this will seem weird - I really like her mouth. I like the way she smiles and I loved her reactions during her first meeting with Ezekiel. So for a minute I thought my feelings about her might change. She would probably work for me as a character with a different group of people, but I thought she was arrogant and condescending toward Morgan and Ezekiel, and considering both men were being kind and supportive to her, her attitude toward them angered me.

Even though I know Ezekiel finds Carol fascinating because she is a "bullshitter" like he is, I don't get it. I was already questioning his sanity - I know you can choose to be whomever you want to be when the zombie apocalypse hits, but who chooses to speak like this? Don't get me wrong, I got a kick out of it, but I kept wondering why one would choose this persona. I plan to rewatch the episode so I can catch anything I missed when he was talking to Carol.

I also give people the side eye when they don't walk away from strangers who are rude to them. Carol was rude to Ezekiel. She made it clear she didn't want to stick around, even after he gave her shelter and help. Yet, he still followed her. So that made him appear weak to me. The same goes for Morgan. I don't get what he sees in her. She simply isn't nice to him. It's the ZA. Who has time for that shit? Find someone worth your kindness.

The good news is, I'm looking forward to future Kingdom episodes, and if Ezekiel starts to appeal to Carol, I will probably like their scenes together. I'm relieved since I feared too much Kingdom, Sanctuary and Hilltop would make me hate this season.

19. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I enjoyed it! Giving it a solid 8 right now.

Zeke! I actually enjoyed him because in the GN, he was an okay character for me. Kind of cheesy But the way Khary played him as larger than life, with a great presence (that Shakesperean style voice - yes!!) and then dropped the pretense at the end with Carol in the garden was wonderful! At the end with him at the doorway, looking JUST as if he was ripped out of a romantic novel, bearing a pomergranent with Shiva at the creepy house? ! I am also for that! Got damn, I was like, this man is fine AH! NO one can replace my Rick/Glenn love, buuuutttt, Zeke could definitely get it! :lol:He was feeling some kind of way about Carol (she definitely has GN Michonnes' arc here) which is interesting since she wasn't being very nice to him (nor Morgan). And Carols' small smile at the end. Oh, she was feeling Zeke too! Can't wait for Michonne and Rick to meet him. And I enjoyed his interactions with Carol, Morgan and the Kingdom crew. I am just happy that he wasn't too OTT. But he wasnt' and Khary played him perfectly. This is how a character should be introduced. Negan, now that is another story..

Shiva: 'Nuff said. She was awesome! And looked realistic and right at home. Go Shiva!

Carol had me ROLLING!! Her expressions had me LMAO when she meet Zeke. She was like "is this man for real?" Add to her faking the crazy and stealing shit. MMB played it well with her expressions and she has good chemistry with Khary as Zeke. I enjoyed Carols scenes with Morgan and Zeke. I am just glad that they stopped begging her to stay at the end. This should be interesting between these three characters.

Morgan: ALWAYS a pleasure seeing Morgan/LJ. I loved how he was trying to explain Zeke to Carol. That was hilarious! I also liked his initial reaction to pulling the gun when the Saviors were being douches. I enjoy seeing his conflict and I am happy that he is being a mentor to Benjamin. He needs this just as much as Benjamin. I enjoyed Morgan's dynamic with Zeke. Khary and Lenny play well off each other.

I am all about Richard and Jerry! I really like these two characters, ALOT. Richard being shady with the pigs and standing up to the ass Savior. throwing down. And Jerry so happy go lucky. His deuces and Holla gave me life. I can see me getting attached to these two! They were ingrained well within the story and I want to see more of them.

The Kingdom is pretty solid and I like the sets. It has more of an interesting vibe than Hilltop for me. Even AZ. I liked the set up and the people of the Kingdom right off the bat. The only characters I liked inititially at AZ were Aaron, Erick, Deanna and maybe Heath. The Kingdom people seem FAR more prepared for the ZA then the in denial AZers and they seem to be able to deal with the Saviors in their own way which I liked.

The episode was a nice change from the brutality of the SP. I gave it a 8 because, face it, I wanted to see Rick/TF and the aftermath of Negan. The fact that I have to wait for an additional episode to see Rick and TF does not make me happy like at all. The fact that Daryl's pain is shown BEFORE Rick/TF, who were in the final clearing, just..no.. :cautious:

20. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    So carol as well as michonne steals chocolate.

Good to know:lol: