1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x02 "The Well"

Discussion in '7x02: The Well' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 30, 2016.

?

On a scale of 1-10, how good was this episode?

1. 1

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. 4

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. 5

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. 6

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  7. 7

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  8. 8

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  9. 9

9 vote(s)
    10.6%
  10. 10

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This episode gets a 9 from me! It was a breath of fresh air after being trapped in a deep dark hole. I was engaged, surprised and I even fell in love just a bit (King Zeke is delish!).

It was wonderful to see a highly functioning community led by a benevolent leader who has his shit together. Ezekial is a tremendous addition to the show and he is another example of how someone can re-make themselves when the world ends. I mean, he was a zookeeper, people! Who SAVED A TIGER! Ugh....my heart.....

I thought the Carol/Morgan scenes were great and loved their making amends in the end. They're definitely in the friendship zone but my Corgan shipper heart is totally on board with that.

I loved Richard, JERRY (I want to adopt him and invite him to Thanksgiving dinner), Morgan's new protegee Ben (who is becoming a BOSS with that Bo staff) and loved all the women warriors kicking ass with those spears and horses. It's so refreshing to see strong women outside of TF.

SHIVA- Just a few months ago, I was rolling my eyes at the thought of a tiger on this show and I was dreading her introduction. Well, I dread no more. She is fricking awesome and I am counting down the minutes until she takes a chunk out of the bad guys. Seriously...I need to see that.

Okay, we need Ezekial/Carol to happen. Like NOW! I loved how the two of them saw through each other immediately and Zeke revealed his true self to Carol so quickly. Khary slayed that scene where he drew back the curtain from the theatrical King to the regular guy zookeeper. I was entranced.

And can we just take a moment to absorb the fact that he called upon Carol with his tiger and with a pomegranate in hand?
    :ripme:

If the other new communities are as interesting as The Kingdom, this season may turn out to be one of the best ones yet. Now if you can just do something to greatly reduce The Savers screen time, I will be filled with bliss.

p.s. Savers is a goodwill type thrift store in my area so I've decided to give these cheap, gimmicky villains this nickname to diminish them in my head as I can already tell they're going to be my least favorite part of this season.

gmc_vitamind, Gekari, Katbird and 4 others like this.
  2. Mullet of Lies

Mullet of Lies In Red Swim Trunks We Trust
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I didn't completely hate myself at the end of last night's episode soooo that's great. :lol:

I gave it an 8. I enjoyed it immensely, such a lighter feel than anything we've had in awhile from TWD. Shiva looked so much better than I expected she would and Khary absolutely killed it as Zeke. Also very much here for Jerry who quickly became my new spirit animal. However - it did drag a bit. I can see why someone who's not familiar with The Kingdom already would be bored by this episode. Oh and I'm still over Carol's usually bullshit but I love her chemistry with Zeke so I can deal.

3. KatanaQueen

KatanaQueen Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a six for Morgan, Ezekiel, and Shiva. It bored me for the most part. Carol's whole act is exhausting and hopefully this is the last I see of it although I did like that little moment between her and Zeke. I liked the new character Richard and I cant wait to see him again.

4. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    And let's forget the rest of the TF, let's have Rambo destroyed an army of a hundred +. Yeah, that makes a shitload of sense

Lolololove3 and box5angel like this.
  5. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Indeed. What made that moment awesome was the culmination of Rick's effort in uniting 3 communities. Robbing that moment and giving it to Carol would be tragic and failed big time. Comic fans would also be pissed

Katbird, Denie39 and box5angel like this.
  6. GrimesGurl

GrimesGurl Spooning with Rick
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, I get that and can understand how Shiva is protective of Zeke and allows him to be around etc. but that doesn't explain the tiger's behavior around other people. A tiger is gonna be a tiger, ZA or no ZA lol! I don't know I'm an animal person and have loved tigers since I was little so maybe I'm over thinking things and just need to wait and see :). Don't get me wrong, I think Shiva is beautiful! They did an amazing job on the CGI! But now that they've got her I hope they do something interesting with her and not just make her a gimmick.

box5angel likes this.
  7. Ship Verse

Ship Verse I.D.G.A.F.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Going 6. It had a lot of stuff I liked but the overall episode was boring.

Ezekiel and Shiva were A+.

Morgan finally releasing his hard on for Carol and them two parting pleasantly was great.

Richard was A+

Carol on the road to recovery is great.

But, huge deduction for Artsy Fartsy acid trips.

It was a good episode to wrap some things up and start some things up, but it still had the shadow of last week, was a bit boring in the overall flow, but still, needed to happen.

8. GrimesGurl

GrimesGurl Spooning with Rick
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    :lol: Yes, that's exactly what my Sister and I were laughing about Zeke; a Renaissance Fair King?! And no one seems to mind...it was weird!

ReeciePiecey likes this.
  9. Nefazta

Nefazta Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I gaved it 8. Really liked this episode.
    Ezekiel is a really nice character, loved him. And Shiva is beautiful. Absolutely loved Jerry :lol:.
    Loved Carol's interactions with Morgan and Ezekiel even though I'm a bit tired of her depression. I hope she is able to recover at least a little bit soon.

I did sence a romance vibe between Carol and Ezekiel. Found it interesting, it could actually be a good idea. Oh, and savior with long hair was annoying as shit, he needs to die.

It's was slow episode but I didn't found it boring, the dialog was good imo. I enjoyed it quite a lot. Will rewatch.

10. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 9. I thought the episode was great. Loved Payton as King E, I think he knocked it out of the park. Shiva was awesome. I liked Morgan and Carol making up and him letting her go. They did everything right in the establishment of this new community, plus that gentle reminder that the Saviors are a HUGE freaking problem.

Also, re: TTD and Carol coming in to save the day....WHAT SHOW ARE THEY WATCHING?

Clearly, it has been established that the Saviors are NOT Terminus or the Gov. Saviors are a menace to society and progress in the ZA and, to quote Black Widow from Civil War, do they really want to shoot their way out of this? No. Because It's not going to work, at least not without help and a plan.

Katbird, Mousey and MamaGrimes like this.
  11. ClassicWoman

ClassicWoman Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    im posting again cause i really liked Richard when i was thinking about this episode. hes tough AND a little bit trifling, petty and vindictive - those pigs lol. i could see him easily being assimilated into TF. Im ready for more hard ass characters...alphas man, straight up alphas

12. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Richard is a great addition so hopefully he doesn't die and I think Benjamin will be a good addition as well. Young kid learning the ropes and Carl needs someone around his age to be around besides mopey boring Enid.

MamaGrimes and box5angel like this.
  13. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I give it an 8.5. I enjoyed this episode a lot, which I didn't think I would at first.

I'm a fan of the comics so I enjoyed finally seeing The Kingdom be brought to life on screen. I think Khary Payton's portrayal of Ezekiel is great. I find Zeke in the comics very "meh", but I think Khary's portrayl of Zeke makes him more fun and interesting. I like seeing new territories and characters on the show, especially from the source material.

The scene with Carol and Zeke on the couch was my favorite scene out of the whole episode. I liked how Zeke opened up to Carol, which also opened up to the audience so they don't think he's just a weird dude into LARPing. I liked how it was expalined why he acts the way he does right away.

Carol was funny throughout the whole episode, stealing stuff when people aren't looking and getting caught by Zeke who saw right through her act.

I didn't really care about the Morgan stuff.

and Carzekiel is totally happening, I would bet money on it. And I am totally on the ship already.

The only things I didn't like was the CGI for Shiva; sometimes she looked real, othertimes it looked so cheesy, but of course what did I expect from AMC (same goes to Zeke's wig ughh). And also GN artsy farsy nonesense again with Carol imagining walkers as how they once were, but maybe I'll change my mind on that once it's explained why she's loosing it again (she's been loosing it for a while, but now even more so).

#53 thesamurai, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    MamaGrimes likes this.
  14. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Not sure if this was mentioned but on TD they mentioned that they used five sets of twins for Carol's hallucinations. One as a walker and the other in human form. That was one of my favorite scenes of the episode.

15. Minty

Minty Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 9.

I loved everything about this episode, from The Kingdom, to Ezekiel, to Morgan, to Carol, to Shiva, to Jerry, to the tainted pig meat. It was just a really enjoyable episode and I appreciate how much more calm and relaxed this was, specially after last week's super heavy torture section. I know we all want to see Rick and the rest of Team Family and know how they are dealing with everything, but I think we needed this breather and we needed to see that there are still good people out there, there's still hope and lightness and happiness. Again I thought the cast was excellent, Melissa and Lennie did their best as usual and Khary Payton is a fantastic Ezekiel! I was so scared for the Kingdom storyline, because it just sounded weird and too surreal for my taste, I was particularly skeptical about Shiva, but to my surprise it all worked very well and I'm just in love with that place now. The chemistry was all around great too, specially between Carol/Morgan and Carol/Ezekiel, Morgan/Ezekiel also worked really well and had a very interesting dynamic.

16. mellowalkerstalker

mellowalkerstalker Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    i won't give a rating until i've re-watched it, because I had to watch the episode with my sister, her grumpy (yet adorable) 4-month-old, and her noisy boyfriend for part of it, but I can say i definitely loved it! Will leave a more comprehensive review tomorrow. I'm not even a big fan of Carol but i liked her in this episode, LOVED Ezekiel and Shiva, loved Morgan, LOVED LOVED the Kingdom. i'm sorry, they had badass women in armour with spears and shit, it was like something out of Game of Thrones :D !!! A much needed breath of air after last week's episode which I'm still not over lol.

Denie39 and MamaGrimes like this.
  17. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner

Here, here!!! Watching all of the women on horseback with Spears and knight like gear, gave me life and just reminded me of the badassed TF women with their weapons doing their thing. These women were about the biz and handled themselves unlike the AZer women. TF ladies can be brutal because they have been out there longer without walls and have seen and experienced some traumatic sh*t, but I can see them earning TF'S respect. Add to it, the Kingdom folks are dealing with the likes of Negans brutal power and men so they know what what time it is, when the AZers were living large and having dinner parties with nothing to fear from the outside world. I am here for the Kingdom. Another group of good people.

18. Andrick

Andrick Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    This was the first episode I watched without reading any spoilers (I did know that it was a bottle episode at the Kingdom, but that was it).
    I do not usually like Rick-less episodes, but I needed a break after 7x01 (not seeing Steven and Michael's names did bring me back to that nightmare, though D:).

I think that I will stop reading spoilers before watching a new episode. I want to see if I enjoy the show more if I do not know how things unfold beforehand.

19. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Mine too. It was very cool. And the walker kills were fantastic.

mellowalkerstalker likes this.
  20. candi18z

candi18z Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I'll give the ep a 6. While I love Ezekiel, Shiva and Richard in this ep, I felt that the pace was slow. I also had problems with Carol's attitude towards Morgan and especially Ezekiel. Carol was rude, bitter and hateful towards the people that saved her sorry life. The least that Carol could have done was to say thank you to Ezekiel for taking her in, patching her up , clothing and feeding her. I get that she wants to be left alone but there is no reason for her not to have good manners.

Having said that-I think that the ep was good, and I look forward to seeing Ezekiel, Shiva and Richard interact with the rest of TF.

slade3 and ALDGRichonneLover like this.