1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x02 "The Well"

Discussion in '7x02: The Well' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 30, 2016.

?

On a scale of 1-10, how good was this episode?

1. 1

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. 4

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. 5

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. 6

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  7. 7

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  8. 8

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  9. 9

9 vote(s)
    10.6%
  10. 10

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Nightmare

Nightmare FAIRY PRINCESS♚
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Ezekiel/10.

Loved it.

2. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, about those spears. Does anyone think that the Kingdom is trading with the Hilltop?

[​IMG]

Also, did the Kingdom try to help the Librarians but failed or came too late.

There was a picture of the Kingdom at the Library.

Is so then The Hilltop, The Librarians and the Kingdom all traded with each other.

#62 Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    mellowalkerstalker likes this.
  3. Rickscolt

Rickscolt Eating your protein bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave this episode a 9. Absolutely loved it! (Btw, not seeing Steven's name in the credits was trippy af).

I've said it a bunch of times and I'll continue saying it: MMB and LJ are brilliant together, I really enjoyed their interaction and the brewing friendship between Morgan/Carol.

Morgan's internal conflict and finding the balance between saving and taking lives, I liked that he didn't "force" his values/ideas on Ben and being forthcoming with his own shortcomings. Morgan is one of my favourite characters and I hope they continue to push Morgan's story forward.

Carol still has a lot of healing and work to do (with herself) but I'm happy she decided to stop running. I'm here for stealing weapons and chocolate, Carol has her priorities in check. MMB is fantastic, she does it so effortlessly.

King Ezekiel, I was low-key worried he'd be over the top but I'm glad they balanced it out like they did. He's a breath of fresh air and had me grinning stupidly. Khary is holding it down. Can't wait until Rick and Ezekiel meet. Shiva looked absolutely amazing.

Can we give it up for Jerry? I welcome his adorableness with open arms!

Katbird, Minty, Denie39 and 4 others like this.
  4. FoxC

FoxC Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I thought it was a good episode. It was definitely lighter this week and I felt optimistic at the end of it. My thoughts:
    • I initially thought King Ezekiel was over the top. Mr. Fox and I threw in our own medieval sayings "good morrow' sir" and such. A quarter into the episode, I got used to his over the top ways and I really liked his heart to heart with Carol towards the end. So I can say that he is a character I look forward to seeing more of.
    • Morgan and Carol were great which says a lot for me because there were times last season they got on my nerves.
    • Shiva really impressed me. I thought she was gorgeous and the animation for her was great (good splurge AMC)
    • The Kingdom really has their act together. I think its what made me feel optimistic. They weren't afraid to take out walkers and were skilled enough to and they were so resourceful with things like plants in the filing cabinets and tires.
    • I definitely see something brewing between King Ezekiel and Carol and it was so obvious at the end when he came knocking with that pomegranate and nice shirt. Im here for it!

Katbird and Minty like this.
  5. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    I made the decision to no longer live watch TWD, opting to binge watch 7A leading into the msf, so I can't rate "The Well", however it sounds like one of the series more polarizing episides, you simply liked it or you didn't...although I'm sure it cannot be as bad as " Still" or "Live Bait".

6. rlsatk

rlsatk Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Finally watched this episode and I gave it a 7. It was a well balanced episode and Negrete showed great thought and restraint in his writing unlike some ppl. I honestly had my doubts about Shiva but she is adorable!!!! I want to squish her so bad. The use of chamber music for Zeke's intro was hilarious. Khary Payton did a fantastic job, he handled King Zeke's shtick with such charm and ease. AND JERRY! :lol::lol: Glad to see Morgan's s/l not revolving entirely around Carol. I'm not a fan of Carol's "act", it annoys me but fortunately it didn't last long. And I enjoyed her scene with Ezekiel in the garden. Even minor characters in this episode like Richard and Ben (?) were interesting.

Denie39 likes this.
  7. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Upon second watch, I changed my rating to 8. A much better episode that I gave credit for

Katbird likes this.
  8. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Jesus had already said they traded with other groups

9. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I finally watched it and give it a 7. It was a solid episode and I like the new characters, Shiva and the community. It's delightful to see people finding joy and harmony in the ZA. What I didn't like was Carol still playing a character and being condescending. I would initially be skeptical and think these people foolish too, but she comes off ungrateful. It's like she can't get over herself enough to acknowledge that what they have going saved her life and people care about her. Instead she comes off snotty. I did see Ezekiel start to soften her but I'm tired of her being weepy. Also, I am really ready to see TF again and am anxious knowing next week is about the Sanctuary so we still have a wait to get back to ASZ.

10. Valerie

Valerie Professional procrastinator....
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'll give it an 8.

I liked the introduction of the Kingdom, Ezequiel, Shiva so cute, Jerry and Richard.
    Carol the same, wish she would just get out of that mentality.
    It was nice considering last week's episode, maybe a little to slow paced for me but nice overall.

lovingdead likes this.
  11. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    A FB friend of mine and a GA said the same thing about Carol. He was turned off by her arrogance, which I could see it.

ALDGRichonneLover and lovingdead like this.
  12. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    6 points for Morgan, Richard, Jerry, the walker-eating pigs, and just how cool the kingdom in general is.

1 point for Zeke being SO DAMN HOT, OH MY GOD. :zeke: :yum:

-3 points for Carol... being Carol.

7/10.

13. mellowalkerstalker

mellowalkerstalker Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    Ok so this is my more comprehensive review... except I'm not feeling well so it'll probably be quite short!

I wasn't really happy with Carol either... when she told Ezekiel "you're a joke, this whole place is a joke. That's what you do with jokes, you laugh", i wanted to punch her through the screen lol. I understand she's suffering from depression and some form of PTSD, but she came across as so damned rude. This stranger had taken her in, mended her wounds, given her shelter, and food, and new clothing, and she was calling him a JOKE?! wtf.

However, as Ezekiel opened himself up to her, I could see she was warming to him, even if she still claimed that she didn't care. You could see she was caring a bit. Maybe because he was admitting to her that he was doing the same thing that she's been doing for ages; faking it. He's the first person to have seen through her facade, and I think you could see her starting to respect him. When he came to her door later with the pomegranate (and Shiva!!!), that little smile on her face was telling.... Carzekiel is officially a go!

It was also nice to see Morgan realising that his "all life is precious" philosophy wasn't necessary the best policy.... And also him finally realising that he can't - and shouldn't - try to control Carol. I do wonder if we're on the verge of seeing a darker side of him though, because he was marking where he'd been again. I worry as well that him teaching Benjamin his aikido skills and passing his book to him means that we're about to lose Morgan too. I worried even more when I saw what was on the wall behind him in the cafeteria: "the Dead are Alive, best not the Alive be Dead". FORESHADOWING?!

Ezekiel was hilarious, at the beginning of the episode anyway, but I soon got used to him. Carol being a "fair maiden" made me scream, and him promising the walkers that they would free them from their curse - lol. He was so outlandish and over the top but I loved it; compared to the other characters we've had, he's completely different and just what a show based on a comic book series needs. Can you imagine if Abe had been alive to meet him? It would have been AMAZING. I can't wait for Rick to meet Ezekiel.

I don't fully understand why Ezekiel was spilling all his secrets to Morgan and Carol. Either it was just a lazy way to move the plot along, or we're going to find out in later episodes that there was something more behind it, or he's the kind of man who goes with his guts, and knows these are two people who could be valuable allies, valuable friends to have.

Anyway, both Lennie and Melissa were brilliant in this episode, and Khary was a delight to watch, I felt his portrayal of King E was perfect. I am so excited about the chemistry between these three, and can't wait to see more. Also, SHIVA. AMC did such a good job with her, I WAS SHOOK.

I didn't find this episode slow at all. There isn't a single scene I would have cut. I thought the dialogue moved the story along well, even if I still don't understand some of it.

Morgan: 'is that why you wanted me here? Because I could do it again [kill a Saviour] if I had to?"
    Ezekiel: " No, Morgan, quite the opposite in fact."

WHAT DOES HE MEAN?!?!?!? He wanted him there because he couldn't do it again? How did he know he couldn't do it again!? I guess in the few days they've been at the Kingdom he already knows Morgan inside out. Anyway, I don't know... it was a good episode lol.

I'm all over the place with this review lol, sorry.

I would give it an 8 :)

14. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh, and that walker whose entire face fell off?
    That was just a whole new level. :bob:

mellowalkerstalker and Gekari like this.
  15. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I recently watched the episode again and I want to point out something I missed during the first viewing that I thought was cute: I noticed Morgan's lucky rabbit's foot hanging by the bed Carol slept in (an it continued to hang there throughout the episode). At first I was wondering why it was hanging there (cause Morgan always has it on him, in his pocket or wherever), but then it hit me that maybe he placed it there by her bed to be some sort of good luck charm for Carol to hopefully help her get better.

I believe that's why Morgan put it there an I think that's so sweet :love: