1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x03 "The Cell"

Discussion in '7x03: The Cell' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 6, 2016.

?

Rate the episode on a scale of 1-10

1. 1

22 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. 2

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 3

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. 4

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. 5

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. 6

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  7. 7

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. 8

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Gave it a 2 for the promos for 74

Gekari likes this.
  2. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    If they wanna torture Daryl why not put him in front of a bathtub full of water and soap? I mean he's going to freak the fuck out and say that he's Negan. If I was Negan I could tell that he hasn't had a bath in 5 years. He was able to figure out Carl being Rick's weakness and I think Carl is Michonne's weakness as well. If you gonna be a villain you gotta find weak points to those you're trying to break and Daryl's weakness is soap and water.

3. Mrsthicke

Mrsthicke Slopping Pigs
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    LOL EXCELLENT POINTS.

4. Riko813

Riko813 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I chose somewhere in the middle. The episode was boring but it was a fluffer. It was there to introduce us to the saviors and show how they interacted. It did that. It was written to show the resilience, strength, and turmoil Daryl and Dwight are going through. It showed that in a tepid way. I think Norman Reedus' acting was good with the little material they gave him. It was supposed to depict the torture and breaking down of Daryl but the whole episode was torture-light. If that is all Negan can do torture wise then I'm surprised he cracked any of his men and women. How is feeding Daryl dog food sandwiches, Playing horrible music, making him stay naked for a short period of time, and keeping him in the dark, extreme torture enough to break him let alone break judith? With all of that I bet Negan couldn't even break Judith. There needed to be more meaningful physical, mental, and emotional torture. This was the g rated, fluffy, Disney type torture.

In addition, I still don't like Dwight. This episode has not made me like him any more or any less. I could care less about Dwight. If he died in the next episode I wouldn't care. He imo is a very boring character and so is Sherri. Sorry, Not Sorry.

5. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Sanctuary is a big deal. It is the place where arguable the biggest villain this show has had up this point is located. The setting is important. Woodbury's setting was thought out and elaborate. I got the feeling that that was a real community and town with more people there than the audience actually saw.

So cut to Season 8 and this is supposed to be the headquarters for the Saviors...and we can argue that since the episode was mainly focused on torturing Daryl, they didn't really explore the community. But even still, there were scenes that could have been better showcases for the new setting like the scene where Negan and Dwight are talking and Negan offers Dwight a chance to sleep with his ex-wife (disgusting).

AMC's cheapness wont allow TWD to be great. I am sure of it now. LOL.

MamaGrimes and lovingdead like this.
  6. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    He would have died anyway, so Dwight basically did a mercy killing

7. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I was going to give it a higher rating (an 8), but then I took a step back and realized a lot of things bothered me. Mainly the way they are portraying Negan. In the comics, most of his "wives" consented to marry him because they wanted an easier life. Working for points was harsh and some of them simply weren't cut out for it. However, the TV show seemed intent on making that decision a last resort thing/a sacrificial lamb trope, making Negan more sadistic than he needs to be. I wanted the Sanctuary to show that some people can't hack it and decide for an easier path, and also how a community has to work to earn things. I hope they change that when Carl goes there because so far, that shit bothers me.

Funny thing, I actually dreamt of this episode, which is something I rarely do. Especially a Daryl BE

Bailey88 likes this.
  8. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Me too and that is also another thing that bothers me. One of the reasons why Negan is a fan favorite as a villain is because of his personality and his rules. Even behind the madness, you can empathize, even if you find him appalling, with his way. Additionally, he is actually funny with his one-liners. Right now, I just don't feel that way and it is a waste of JDM's talent. They should have made him more like Comedian JDM than whatever the f this is rn

thesamurai likes this.
  9. Bailey88

Bailey88 Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I could be wrong but I don't see Negan lasting as long as his comic book counterpart.

10. AbsoluteTrash

Patron

Walker Pets:
    If that is how the comic shows it, the show did a BAD JOB of translating it that way. My sister, a GA member, was basically like, this dude is a rapist. Consent based on coercion from threat of death is NOT consent.

11. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    I have seen quite a few comments from those who are disappointed over how "small" The Sanctuary feels. That's how I felt about the show's depiction of The Hilltop last season. It's important to remember that TWD is very limited by its budget, with the cast expanding and the addition of Shiva, cuts and compromises have to be made elsewhere, and from what it sounds like, the scope and expanse of The Sanctuary had to suffer. It's difficult to watch shows like Westworld and GoT and not feel like we are being cheated by AMC when it comes to TWD. Hell, if I was a lead actor on the show I would feel cheated making 90k per episode when the leads of GoT are making 300k per episode.

12. AbsoluteTrash

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I was okay with the Kingdom's size. I was okay with the size of Hilltop. It may have been the implication that the community had crops and livestock. I just immediately thought that it would have fields and so I knew it was larger. There is no indication or hint that the Sanctuary is larger than what we saw...and we basically saw very little. I think I said this before, but if I was a Savior and I walked into Alexandria, I would immediately want to take over a house and live there permanently. No competition...and that is without considering the tyrant they have in charge at the Sanctuary.

13. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I also think we as a society have begun to really explore what it means to consent and have gotten more understanding around coercion and different factors that should be considered around consent. So while it may have seemed more mutual in the comics and comic readers are okay with it, I don't think it translates well to the tv screen.

Kind of like the Poldark scene and the Jamie/Cersei scene on GOT.

AbsoluteTrash likes this.
  14. coffeebean

coffeebean Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    Amongst the crumbs under Richonne's table
    Hey Ladies!

I gave this episode a three. I'm sorry, but I just found it hard to feel it for Daryl. Didn't much care for Norman's performance at all. I hated the way JDM came off in this ep, Sherry as well. The only one I found remotely interesting was Dwight, whom I believe is going to turn tail on Negan, I just do. I also feel that he and Daryl are gonna join forces down the line. I think these two sense something in each other, although I don't know exactly how to voice what that something is (not sexual). I also agree that this could have been part of 90 min. episode with the Kingdom for all it showed. However, I enjoyed the Kingdom ep. and didn't feel like my time was wasted in watching it. I also liked the mercy killing part with Dwight, he is a compassionate person I feel, but just trying to stay alive by doing what is expected of him. Being Negan. I feel that's what he wants Daryl to do. He wants Daryl to survive, but just can't come out and say it the normal way. He's mean with it, but I feel he's genuine in his feeling.

Have a great day.

slade3 likes this.
  15. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, Negan's bachelor pad was not impressive. I'm like, ok dude, You brutalize for that crap. Rick and Michonne's place is like utopia in comparison. Please.

box5angel, AbsoluteTrash and Bailey88 like this.
  16. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I think this episode would have been better if it was someone else besides Daryl being captured. Daryl isn't a character that can stand on his own for an entire episode. I guess writers haven't learned their lesson from "Still". Daryl is best as a background character, he's not interesting on his own. Daryl just doesn't have enough charisma. They should have kept Merle alive now that I look at it, he's the more entertaining Dixon brother despite his stupid views on race & gender. Merle had more depth to him.

If they were to have a character in the Sanctuary it may have been better if it was Carl, Michonne, Rick, or Maggie. Some may think that Daryl is the bad ass of the group but that title has moved over to Carl. Carl still gave Negan attitude, he calmly told Rick to chop his arm off for the benefit of the group, his eye is shot out and he's not moping and being depressed. It's like it's normal for him because he's been around the ZA since he was a kid.

17. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:

18. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Pretty sure that is not his pad. He had a penthouse in comics, which is twice that size

lovingdead likes this.
  19. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Shoot with the AMC budget maybe that is it though, haha!

Lyra_Nation likes this.
  20. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Which is exactly what bothers me. Comic Negan made it a point to disapprove of rape, going as far as killing one of his soldiers who tried to rape Holly, so why take that away from him. Right now, Negan is one-dimensional and as removed as his comic counterpart. I really hope they do not mess him up like they did the governor.