1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x04 "Service"

Discussion in '7x04: Service' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 13, 2016.

?

Rate the episode on a scale of 1-10

1. 1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  4. 4

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. 5

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. 6

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  7. 7

17 vote(s)
    14.2%
  8. 8

39 vote(s)
    32.5%
  9. 9

39 vote(s)
    32.5%
  10. 10

19 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Love it? Hate it? Somewhere in the middle?

Post your view of the episode here!

Izzy Keel likes this.
  2. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What did everyone think? :yay:

Izzy Keel likes this.
  3. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I will say this is the first episode I've genuinely enjoyed since "Knots Untie". Honestly I think this is the best episode I've seen in a while. It had character development, action, tension... While Negan still disgusted me, I didn't mind him as much this episode. Or at least I wasn't as bothered by his presence since it was buttressed with plenty of the characters I watch this show for.

I am giving it a 9.

4. QueenTee

QueenTee Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    On the amount of Richonne scenes we got alone 10/10!

It didn't need to be 90 mins but overall I loved it anyways.
    I'll be back to make a more detailed analysis once I gather my thoughts fully.

5. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    To much talking. My viewing group were like is it ever gonna end. It had a few good parts but damn Negan never damn shuts up.

6. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    My heart NEVER stopped pounding ever.

First and foremost, they’re going too far. That dude hitting on Enid was fucking gross and I DON’T take it lightly. It’s disgusting. As if Negan and his infatuation with Maggie wasn’t enough. That’s so revolting.

The lengths Rick GRIMES will go through to PROTECT HIS FAMILY!!! He’s not losing anyone else, yall. The fear with Carl… the pleading with Michonne. My heart cannot TAKE IT!!! I weep for him inside.

That line. “What?” Oh shit. Michonne is SO scary. If I was Rick I’d have just shut up and let her keep the gun. It was her gun, she was hunting with it, it’s none of my business. That ATTITUDE. Come THROUGH. Literally that one line gave me chills.

Dwight is the most annoying character on this show. Hands down. I have never hated someone more. That includes Daryl. Lori. Andrea. All of the above. There is no redemption arc. Dwight lives, I riot.

FATHER MUTHA EFFIN GABRIEL. My GOD my GOD. Thank You Lord for Your grace and mercy. What an AMAZING character. Him and Rick are Joe Biden and President Obama. Bromance goals forreal. There has never been a better dynamic duo.

Poor effing Olivia.

Spencer….
    I PRAY TO GOD THAT NEGAN SLOWLLLLLLLLY GUTS TF OUTTA SPENCER. I just cannot. I mean I ROOTED for him
    [​IMG]

Rosita still annoys me greatly. IDT that’ll ever change. Like ever. Ever ever. EVER. BUT I am HERE for Eugene making her a bullet. YAS!

Aw. Poor Daryl. Boohoo. MOVING ON.

I will forever give Eugene the side-eye for snitching on Michonne.

YAY FOR SCOTT!!!! Like where tf has he been? Hoped that leg healed. I’d still prefer Heath over him, but I have given ALL the way up on Heath. Homie’s done for. I’ll settle for Scott.

RICK GOING TF OFF ON SPENCER made my night. And that little bit of Negan in Rick… AL shoulda played Negan AND Rick.

RIP to the mattress. BUT THEY HAVE THE COUCH!

RICHONNE FOREVER. Oh my heart. Them. Beautiful. That whole scene. I’m in love with them. She’s gonna try (around Rick). Cus she seent them mattresses and er ummmmm yah she’s pissed. But what a beautiful moment for them. For the audience. I'm trying to decipher Michonne's face.... I was trying to see if she knew or not. I felt like she wanted to just help him out. Him: "I have this friend..." Her: "You mean Shane? Just say Shane." LOL.

CARLLLLLLLLLL. The future serial killer LIVES! I just love it. That's a change because last time he was so defiant I was like "you stupid little angsty shit" but it's SO different now. He's a man now. I love it.

AHHHHHH. My God my God my God. First time I actually gave a rating. It gave a 10. Obvi.

#6 idcabtthisish, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  7. Rhona

Rhona Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    The sneak peak with Michonne and Carl was great. So motherly at the end

8. Selfyshhh

Selfyshhh Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I enjoyed it very much. I got to see Michonne say more than one line, that by itself gives it a 5. Negan annoyed the hell out of me and watching Rick fight the urge to kill him was hard to watch cause Negan talks to damn much. Spencer is a punk and always will be one. Like he had better ideas before all the Negan stuff went down. I love how the women on the show always show how strong they are when stuff goes down and when they lose someone. They remain strong in their grief. I give it a 9. Needed more Michonne for a 10.

Marcie69, cadence_T, Noshiko and 6 others like this.
  9. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh and I really like Michonne this episode. You guys better screen shot this. :)XD

10. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I'm givin it a 7 because Negan dropped it down because he still continues to talk like a damn frat boy. This is not a villain, he's a running tired cliched joke. Writers really need to write him better because the writing for him sucks.

Carl continues to grow on me, he's not afraid of Negan at all. I love him for it.

Rosita is getting some development but I do need the actress to be a little bit more convincing for me. She's lacking a little bit.

Didn't know Michonne was that bad of a shot with those types of guns. Yeah she needs to get some lessons from Sasha.

Spencer is just a bitch, I hope Rick does break his jaw and snatch out his teeth.

I'm hoping that Rick finds out about the Kingdom so that ASZ, Hilltop, & Kingdom can team up and take out the Saviors.

Next week finally I get to see Jesus. WOOHOO YUM YUM.

Looking at next week as well Maggie is at Hilltop recovering and while watching the episode I thought that Maggie & Sasha were gonna hide out and plan an assault on the Saviors.

11. Izzy Keel

Izzy Keel Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Best episode of the season so far!!! That moment between Rick and Michonne was the best scene ever. Yes...I needed tissues.

Father Gabriel, Carl, and Rosita were so good in this one!!! I hate Spencer :spen::bang:

And I have to say...that scene when they left and Rick and Daryl looked at each other as he drove away broke my heart.

12. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    The writers redeemed themselves with Negan big time. The jokes were on point, he was menacing when he needed to be, Rick and Michonne were amazing. I felt Michonne and Rosita's frustration. I hate that little bitch Spencer and Father Gabriel, OH LAWD, the man has change so much . LOVE HIM

13. idcabtthisish

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I'm just glad there's finally an episode that 1) I won't delete after tonight, and 2) I'll actually watch again. Maybe tonight. YAY for the gems that stuck out that inspired fan fic!

14. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I actually laughed at a few things Negan said this episode as well. I am not a fan of him and he's still over the top, but I actually laughed at the beard cracks and him calling Gabriel creepy or whatever. :lol:

15. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave it a 9 out of 10. LOVED IT!!!

Michonne grieving on her own while Rick is barely holding it together. Richonne angst...I am HERE for it!!

I loved badass, impetuous Carl as it's setting up his arc for the rest of the season.

Loved Rosita, GABRIEL, Aaron....all great.

I was engaged the entire episode, from beginning to end and wasn't bored once.

Bonus point for no Daryl dialogue and TWO points taken off for Negan's NON-STOP monologuing. Seriously, does the guy not know how to deliver a line in a regular tone of voice?

The Judith reveal was beautifully played by Andy and I will watch that scene 20x before work tomorrow. It's gotten my writing juices flowing again, it was soooooo damn good!

Loved it. And what's even better? Next week looks good too! TWO episodes in a row? Be still my beating heart!

16. Belle

Belle Perpetual notion machine - what if...
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I went with a 7 on this one.

Pros
    • Good performances tonight - AL's glassy eyes are powerfully expressive. What a gift this man has.
    • I enjoyed FG's quick thinking and his calmness in the face of the Negan monster.
    • I liked seeing Carl giving no fucks.
    • Rick telling Spencer he would knock his teeth out - that was my favorite non-Richonne moment.
    • Rick laying it out for the community.
    • Daryl being present, but not.
    • We get a good look at the new normal.
    Cons
    • Really? We couldn't even get a Richonne touch? Come on! So Rick tells Michonne that Judith isn't his daughter and she doesn't hold him after that? Come on!
    • JDM is gonna put his back out with all that leaning.I can go without seeing him for the rest of 7A.
    • Spencer is a piece of shit. If he's supposed to come off as a bitch, then this goes to the Pro section because mission accomplished.
    I haven't purchased this season on my streaming service yet. So far, there are no episodes in S7 that I can't wait to see again.

17. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 7.

I really liked Father G. stepping up. Rosita just being herself tonight, and I am not a Rosita fan but I liked her in this with her reactions to Spencer, Dwight, and Negan. And hiding that gun. Oh, goodness, Spencer being a little bitch. Oh, Rick, you still got it in you. It'll take some time. Love Carl. That dude messing with Enid. He needed a swift kick in the balls, then have them cut off. Good seeing Kenric Green as Scott. Good to know he's the only black dude that's not a savior.

Loved the scenes with Rick and Michonne. Loved them! Just wanted a kiss or a hug. That's all.

18. Belle

Belle Perpetual notion machine - what if...
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Negan's initial reaction to FG was pretty funny.

Marcie69, cadence_T, slade3 and 6 others like this.
  19. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I am fine without a Rick and Michonne physical touch in this episode. I thought their physical distance was intentional to highlight how divergent their opinions on the current situation are.

20. idcabtthisish

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    That's it. We spend too much time online together. Ur my online bff now. I thought the EXACT same thing SWEAR LMBO!!!!!!