1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x05 "Go Getters"

Discussion in '7x05: Go Getters' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 20, 2016.

?

Please rate the episode

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. 5

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. 6

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. 7

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. 8

26 vote(s)
    25.7%
  9. 9

32 vote(s)
    31.7%
  10. 10

32 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So what did you think of the episode?

HustleBunnee likes this.
  2. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What'd you all think now that the ep is done?

3. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I'm just gonna post SOMETHING so that I can get notifications on this thread: IT WAS A RELIEF TO HAVE NO NEGAN!

I will OBVIOUSLY have more come tomorrow.

4. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Imma just give this one a 10/10. Best episode of the season. I enjoyed pretty much everything about this episode. So good. SO GOOD.

5. Mullet of Lies

Mullet of Lies In Red Swim Trunks We Trust
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    9/10. It takes a lot for me to give a 10, but this is a solid 9 for me.

[​IMG]

The pacing was great. The Richonne scene was even better. Gregory and Simon are both likable villains that don't make me want to jump off a cliff. There was a whole bunch of awesome girl power. Carl got some.

A+

6. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm going to give it a 9. They managed to include several characters even though it was mostly focused on the Hilltop. Maggie being a QUEEN, Richonne kiss, Carl growing up so fast :gabe:, Ogg was sublime, Jesus and Sasha were kicking ass, Xander has perfected Gregory's slimeball persona, Maggie/Sasha/Enid at the end :gabe:, I could be here all night, it was just wonderful.

7. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 10. I really did love it. I loved Jesus, Maggie and Sasha. The saviors didn't annoy me this time. I enjoyed Maggie punching Gregory, and telling him and everyone she is Maggie Rhee. The Richonne kiss was just so perfect. I could have done without the Carl and Enid stuff but everything else I loved.

8. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Loved it!!! 9 out of 10! Michonne giving her man something to remember her by....Carl and Enid....MAGGIE motherf*cking RHEE, Simon, JESUS.....it was all fantastic. I'll add more tomorrow after I rewatch.

9. Belle

Belle Perpetual notion machine - what if...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Now THAT's what I'm talking about. We touched base with lots of characters. We got whimsy. We got walkers. We got developing relationships. We got story progression. Gregory was masterfully wretched. Jesus was perfection. Carl and Enid were cute without seeming too juvenile. Plus we got Richonne AND Carchone. Loved it!

This was an easy 9. Best episode of the season so far.

10. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a soft 7 because of the kiss, Carl in the back of the van, Gregory and Simon. Everything else actually bored me

Mrsthicke likes this.
  11. gmc_vitamind

gmc_vitamind Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    THE NEGANLESS EPISODES ARE BY FAR THE BEST. HMM
    Carol's episode was great, and so was this one.

Richonne kiss and my girls maggie and Sasha gave this a 10/10 for me.

Belle, Deep_Ricking, Denie39 and 9 others like this.
  12. LadyJ

LadyJ Searching for Sophia
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I really enjoyed this episode.

Maggie motherfucking Rhee! She and my girl Sasha were fantastic. Their friendship and leadership was displayed so well.

Jesus was great and completed The Hilltop Three- (As coined by Walkingonsinshine).

Xander plays Gregory so well.
    Simon is the villan we deserve.. better than Negan anyday of the week.

Carl & Enid were sweet.

THAT RICHONNE KISS WAS MAGICAL, SENSUAL, SEXY, SWEET AND BEAUTIFUL.

Overall great episode and the one to beat this season.

10/10

13. Stuff and Thangs

Stuff and Thangs Wearing a Necklace of Ears
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    A solid 9! After I revived myself and was able to comprehend everything post kiss, this episode was magnificent. Well paced, followed multiple locations, conflict, luv, tears and absolutely amazing. So refreshing to not see Negan breaking his back as the devil rips every line of dialogue from his duodenum.

14. JBody

JBody Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    10. Richonne kiss. Maggie & Sasha. Carl getting to do stuff. And NO NEGAN. Pretty much damned perfect as far as this show is concerned. I enjoy Simon more as a big bad; that dude is truly scary.

15. CDCsuzy

CDCsuzy You will, I will
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I give it a 9/10, I really enjoyed the Grimes 2.0 family with Aaron scene in the beginning of the episode. The Rick and Michonne kiss. The Carnid scenes -sweet. I really liked Maggie and Sasha, really liking these ladies even more now than ever. Gregory is such a slimeball, but I enjoy him. Jesus is a great character and so easy on the eyes. Overall, really enjoyed the episode.

16. idcabtthisish

Walker Pets:
    OKAY.... I THINK I can make a few notes now:

Maggie, Sasha, and Jesus = the Holy Trinity of Hilltop. I am OBSESSED w/ them. I know in the comics Jesus and Rick are all close.... NEGATIVE. I LIVE for Sasha/Maggie/Jesus. This has solidified my desire for Sasha to live by ANY MEANS NECESSARY. If she dies I effing riot, man.

Maggie is Maggie RHEE, damn it. Y'all better ask somebody!

W/ that said... if I'm loving the Rick/Gabe bromance, I am HERE for Sasha/Maggie. I LOVED how she felt bad for going behind Maggie's back in asking Jesus to find the Savior's compound. I'm hoping Sasha takes Tara's comic arc/relationship w/ Maggie, cus those two together.... I mean it's EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING yall. I am w/ them, together, forever.

Enid has somewhat grown on me this episode. NEVER thought that would happen. Like... ever. I love her relationship w/ Maggie, and that ending scene where they prayed together.... I was SO afraid that Maggie would give up on her faith like she almost did after Hershel died. I tend to side-eye this show sometimes w/ the way they portray faith, I mean Father Gabe was the only one who still had his faith and he was a spineless bastard for like EVER.... One of my LEAST favorite SCENES ever in TWD history is when Rick rips down Father Gabe's prayer meeting flyer, and then one of my favorite scenes EVER was when Gabe and Maggie prayed w/ the people of ASZ. I thought it was a nice call back to that night.

Carl getting testy w/ Rick... oh, I both loved and hated it. For one thing I just LOVE it when Rick gets that BASE IN HIS VOICE LOL. Carl not playing no games w/ his attitude LOL. He's clearly not happy.

I thought the little backstory w/ Maggie and the high school bf was HILARIOUS.

Maggie giving Enid Glenn's watch. I WAS NOT READY, MAN. Ohhhhh my LORD. I think this might be what made me accept her. That was a really touching moment for me.

Ninja Jesus has taken "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" to another level.

Gregory just needs to get dead. Aside from the fact that I LOVE how he messed up everyone's name -- did yall hear him call Rick Ritz?-- BRILLIANT. Like omg I didn't think there was a character I could hate more than Negan.

Speaking of Negan-- OH WAIT! We don't have to! NO NEGAN
    [​IMG]

That smirk Jesus gives Carl at the end of the episode. I LOVE IT.

Carl and Enid are adorbs. I liked it. I thought it was VERY sweet. I thought the rollerblading was too fluffy but that's just me.

AND FINALLY: THE RICHONNE KISS. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.!!!! Okay. OKAY. First of all. Rick grabbing at Michonne's waist like that, like even though she might not have wanted it, he was going to give her a kiss, because he was going away for a few days. And my heart BROKE when (I think) he assumes that she doesn't want to kiss, AND THEN SHE LEANS IN AND GOES INNNNNNNNNNN. Nah son, she ain't want no damn peck on the cheek tf were you thinking? It was sooooo damn HOT yall!!!! I meannnnnnnnnn oh my God. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP TONIGHT? I just wanna watch this over and over and over again.
    [​IMG]
    Idk how the internet isn't broken. IDK how they're discussing anything other than this on TTD. It was so effing hot. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Sexy. She's pregnant just from the kiss, I'm calling it. You heard it here first. I am a puddle on the floor.

I just LOVED the way Rick thanked her afterwards. He NEEDED that kiss, and I'm sure Michonne knew that. He needed the reassurance, and she provided, like she ALWAYS does, like she ALWAYS will, because yall... SHE IS STILL W/ HIM. And that's what that kiss said. It's what she told him. I love it. I love them. Be still my beating heart.

17. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    10/10
    - RICHONNE KISS
    - CARL
    - Sasha & Mags being awesome
    - NO NEGAN

- Jesus :holdheart:
    - Simon & Gregory, the "Negan" & the cowardly asshole we want and deserve respectively.
    -
    RICHONNE Forehead touching & "Thank you."

18. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    9/10 It was a very well done episode.

I'm don't wanna go on about how this episode should have played earlier in the season, but it really should have. It felt way too delayed, and while I'll always be emotional about the deaths, this episode would have hit even more harder had it came sooner.

That said, everything else about this episode was gold. We touched bases on multiple characters. There were two plot threads weaved through this episode and that's what I want to see more often. Pacing didn't feel off. I enjoyed everyone on screen.

We had female friendship. Maggie and Sasha are the best. I loved Maggie stepping up even in her medical condition (:lol:), and Sasha kicking ass. Sasha and Maggie really are the best relationship to show case this given how grief strikes the two at the same time. Although my shipper heart wouldn't mind seeing them romantically involved later into the future. :gareth: That dinner scene with them and Enid was everything. I want to see more of this beautiful family. D:

Carl and Enid were absolutely sweet, and their light moments were a breath of fresh air. I was neither upset or joyed when I heard they would kiss but actually seeing it was a lot cuter than I ever imagined. It's nice to see Carl not be consumed by only one emotion. I'm still laughing that Jesus sees him and does nothing.

Jesus was everything in this episode. He's got such a big heart by doing everything he can for Sasha and Maggie and still blaming himself when it wasn't enough at times.

Gregory was slime but an interesting drunk ass slime, and Simon was terrifying. Both of them were entertaining to watch.

Last but not nearly least, Richonne was everything. I can't form coherent words thinking about it. It was small part of the episode but damn it will stick with me to the end of time. :o:

19. idcabtthisish

Walker Pets:
    OH! And the walkie-talkie callback!!!!!! Anyone else immediately think of Rick and Morgan?

20. nat_richonne

nat_richonne Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    In the back pocket of Michonne's tight jeans.
    I gave this episode an 8. I think it's the best episode so far this season. I really like the Maggie/sasha/Jesus dynamic. Now that Maggie declared Hilltop their home, I can't wait to see more with this trio. Gregory and Simon are what you want out of villians. You throw vile insults when they speak but at the same you dig them unlike he who shall not be named who doesn't know when to shut up. I'm excited about Carl and Jesus' interaction in the upcoming episode. And of course the Richonne kiss. Still rewatching the scene as I typed. Rick's hand on her waist when he leaned in to give her a peck and Michonne's kiss. She took charge with this kiss. The opposite of their first kiss.