1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x05 "Go Getters"

Discussion in '7x05: Go Getters' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 20, 2016.

?

Please rate the episode

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. 5

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. 6

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. 7

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. 8

26 vote(s)
    25.7%
  9. 9

32 vote(s)
    31.7%
  10. 10

32 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. LavenderNight

LavenderNight Den Mother
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

The slow pace was perfect for this episode.
    I got teary eyes in some scenes, butterflies in my stomach for some others and I was laughing my butt off with Simon and Gregory.

Oh! Maggie, Sasha and Enid is the trio that I didn't know I needed until now. :cute:

#41 LavenderNight, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    coffeebean, Gekari and LadyJ like this.
  2. grimesfan2501

grimesfan2501 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    So many thoughts rushed into my mind during that sceene slong with the one you mentioned.

I also thought of the bullet in Clear. The bullet saved Rick later, I'm thinking the walkie talkie will come into play later for Michonne.

coffeebean, slade3 and lovingdead like this.
  3. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Just hope that walkie talkie proves to be more luck for Richonne than it did for Rick and Morgan lol

lovingdead likes this.
  4. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Glad I'm not the only who didn't gush over this episode

5. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    WTF?! I love Carchonne and their mother/son and BBF relationship. Imma need them to not. :rant:

6. cadence_T

cadence_T Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    I gave it an 8. It was well paced with characters that I love (Carl, Sasha and Maggie "put some respeck on her motherfucking name" Rhee), ones that I enjoyed or didn't mind for the first time (Enid, Gregory and Simon) and a combination that I didn't expect ( Carl and Jesus). And of course that Richonne kiss- I don't know how many times I've re-watched it now. But the best thing of all was that there was no Negan chewing scenery.

coffeebean likes this.
  7. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    i gave a 10.
    Maggie surprised me she was good
    Sasha is such a badass she was great
    Carl was great
    Simon was great
    and Richonne was everything :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Katbird, coffeebean and Gekari like this.
  8. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    There was so much to like about this episode, Maggie and Sasha; Sasha; Maggie; Sasha and Jesus; Maggie and Jesus; Maggie, Enid and Sasha; Gregory; Simon; and, of course, Richonne. I've been wanting an episode that shows TF interacting and caring. This did it.

I'mStillWithYou likes this.
  9. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 9, overall it was an excellent episode. I wanted to see how Maggie and Sasha were doing. And Jesus, can I say that I just love him :hearts: Gregory was a total ass and totally useless but then we already knew that. I loved the teaming of Maggie, Sasha and Jesus coming together to save the Hilltop. I wanted to know how the Saviors were able to get into the Hilltop to lock everyone in, start the fires, bring that car in and basically wreak havoc without anyone seeing them. Good thing that Maggie and Sasha were there.

Carl and Enid were cute rollerskating down the road, holding hands and then kissing.
    Maggie Rhee :ripme::ripme:

And the KISS all I can say is OMG :hearts::holdheart::ripme::yum::bravo::hug::hump::tackle::hot::hot: I might not live when 7.12 airs if this is a preview of what is coming.

10. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Best of season 7. 10/10

Maggie RHEE?

Sasha?

Jesus?

Richonne?

Carl and Enid being cute as shit?

No Negan!?!

Automatic 10

Katbird and coffeebean like this.
  11. Mrsthicke

Mrsthicke Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    It was kinda meh to me. I gave it a 5. Probably won't watch it again. That's how I know whether or not I loved/liked an episode. If I have a desire to rewatch it. This one not so much.

RICHONNE, obvs. It was everything That kiss well be rewatched most def lol
    Grimes2.0 we got a little in that room scene.
    Michonne playing with her necklace. OMG DID ANYONE NOTICE THIS? This is the first time I've ever seen her do this. She's been wearing that necklace since we first saw her and I never saw her acknowledge it. Such a tiny/blink if you miss moment but I thought it was adorbs......and she was looking at Rick when she did this.
    CARNID, so cute.
    Carl.
    Maggie and Sasha being bosses.
    Female relationships.
    Enid.
    The zombie scene. tho some parts we're cheesy.
    Abe/Glenn's graves scenes/moments

Dislikes:
    The writing was clunky. And really destroyed the episode for me. Like the Jesus/Gregory/Ogg scenes, which sucks cause I love those characters.Alot of the dialogue I was like what? what are u talking about? This makes no sense.
    I find Hilltop to be very boring, not the plot, but the actual location. The actual set. I find it to be very....bland. Like besides, Sasha/Maggie, like I'm cool with not going back there.

I've been LOVING this season so far but I think my main issue is that the Glenn/Abe deaths aren't affecting the characters the way I want them too. Like something is missing from their reactions. Like I should feel the WEIGHT of those losses and I DON'T. Maybe it's cause I've already grieved for those characters during the hiatus or that cliffhanger mess just turned me off or because of how the episodes are spaced so far from those deaths/the bottle episodes or because we didn't see the IMMEDIATE REACTIONS; like I WANTED to see that first night back home at the ASZ or Maggie/Sasha ACTUALLY DIGGING the graves but they basically TIME JUMPED all of that and I hate it. Idk. Something feels off with how they're handling the effects of THOSE deaths and I don't like it. Because of all that, whenever a character comes on screen and they're "grieving" Glenn/Abe......I feel NOTHING. Like I literally don't care and that sucks.

Sorry just being honest.

12. Dobbying

Dobbying Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I give it a 7, overall I liked a lot of what I saw this episode but parts of it felt very contrived.

Pros-

The Richonne kiss was obviously perfect, once again played out so much better than I had imagined from spoilers. Love that Rick wanted to bring Carl and Michonne with him, and I don't think I will ever be over him saying 'Thank you'. Wonder if the walkie talkies will come into play while they're both out of Alexandria.

Simon and Gregory were both great. I actually found Simon really annoying in the finale but he grew on me today, in a 'makes a great villain' kind of way. Gregory is the actual worst but he's definitely someone I love to hate and want to stick around.

Maggie and Sasha's interactions were perfect, I like how their friendship has been built from season 4 so it felt very natural. I especially loved Sasha's exasperation at Maggie refusing to sit still, especially since I felt the same way!

I'm actually excited for Maggie for once, although I hate that Glenn had to die for her to get an interesting arc. Also died laughing at her ex-boyfriend story. Based on how her and Glenn usually are, I was surprised by how her grief was portrayed, but I think it worked well.

Jesus was loveable as always. His face when he saw Carl in the final scene was perfect. Also yay for Carl getting his arc with Negan.

Cons-

The Carl/Enid stuff, the rollerblading was cute but felt out of place and very convenient. And Carl having a romantic subplot is just really weird to me still!

The walker fight scene had the absolute worst dialogue, from Sasha describing what we could see really awkwardly to the Hilltop being so useless that they had to be told to shut the gate. I get that they were building to Maggie being the only option for leader but it would have been better if her leadership came from more than pointing out ridiculously obvious stuff. How have Hilltop survived if they're that useless in a crisis???

Enid's relationship with Glenn and Maggie was just way too rushed for me so her getting Glenn's watch really fell flat. Keep it for baby Hershel!

13. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    You have encapsulated what I liked and what I hated about this episode (yeah, I used the word hate because I did not enjoy this episode as much as I should). I could barely hear anything, even with the volume quite high. The interactions were meh, the dialogue was meh and downright ridiculous. At certain parts, I was actually waiting for the villains to arrive and even then, it was meh. The only highlights were the kiss and the setup for Carl's arc. And yes, as I mentioned on another site, I should be able to grieve along with Sasha and Maggie, but the writing took me out of it. Additionally, this was the first episode this season that I actually noticed the commercials

14. grimesfan2501

Walker Pets:
    I agree with all of your points. But after re-watching this morning, it looks to me that Carl letf ASZ the same day Maggie woke up at Hilltop.

I believe they did not arrive until the next day, later in the evening. The saviors turned the walkers loose that night and they harrassed the Hilltop people most of the day. It looked like Carl/Enid arrived around the time the Saviors were packing up to leave. At least that's how I saw the time line.

I sorta zoned out after the kiss.

coffeebean likes this.
  15. Riko813

Riko813 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Rick and Michonne had a glorious, passionate, loving, hot, fiery, sensual, soul touching, "I'll always be with you" Kiss :hug::hearts::hot:---and then some other things and stuff happened with other characters in the episode. :laugh:XD:roflmao:

16. grimesfan2501

Walker Pets:
    Screenshot_2016-11-21-11-24-04.png I thought it was awfully funny that the saviors used the AMC Gremlin as a FU to the Hilltop (I always believed the AMC Gremlin was a FU from the carmaker to us in the 70's)

Lol ..... That trailer hitch is priceless

Canuckgirl and Susannah Dean like this.
  17. Riko813

Walker Pets:
    I think that when they do have their next love scene there better be some thrusting. AMC no freaking bs, let Danai and Andy do there stuff. It will melt people's television but who cares, they can always buy new ones. AMC allowed the line with Negan where he said he slid his unmentionable down Rick's throat. They allowed this wonderfully passionate, soul filling, heart filling kiss. AMC can allow Rick's thrusting and even more fiery touching and kissing between Rick and Michonne. Let Danai and Andy do their magic without any unwanted restraints.

mellowalkerstalker and Gekari like this.
  18. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    i think they are building a friendship relation between sasha and paul rovia like the Relationship maggie and him have in the comic

19. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Loved it! 10

From Rick and Michonne's kiss (which had so much meaning with it being more than just a kiss), to Carl and Enid's road trip and their kiss to Maggie, Sasha, and Jesus being the holy trinity of the Hilltop ZA.

I haven't read the comments yet but I'm pretty sure there's not much more I could say about this wonderful episode. :allthethings:

Also, it felt so good not to have Negan in the episode. It was a breath of fresh air.

zahira likes this.
  20. Riko813

Walker Pets:
    This is going slightly off topic but it irks me that Chris Hardwick didn't even mention the Richonne kiss on last nights Talking Dead. He spoke about Carl's kiss but not Richonne's kiss. Totally Ridiculous.

zahira and I'mStillWithYou like this.