1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x05 "Go Getters"

Discussion in '7x05: Go Getters' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 20, 2016.

?

Please rate the episode

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. 5

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. 6

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. 7

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. 8

26 vote(s)
    25.7%
  9. 9

32 vote(s)
    31.7%
  10. 10

32 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. I'mStillWithYou

I'mStillWithYou Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Figures. And then if he does mention them, it's always in this back handed compliment kind of way. I have just learned not to expect much from him because he's certainly biased in how he reviews the show and focuses on and hypes up who he wants to. Nevertheless, he might not have mentioned it, but that kiss was the shit and it doesn't make it any less significant that he didn't mention it. We, the ones who love Richonne have been blessed and what a beautiful feeling it is.

2. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Plenty of reviewers love that kiss, so who cares about this wannabe

3. 21melpomene

21melpomene Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    All the positives have been said: Maggie :bravo:, Sasha, THE RICHONNE KISS(ES) :ripme:, Jesus, Carnid being cute. Just waitin' for Gregory to get his. :bang:Tryin' to palm that pocket watch in front of Mrs. Rhee -- I don't think so, son. :lol:

I'm only docking it because I sat through it twice and it didn't hold my attention for the entire time either time (I really don't get what you guys like about Simon :lol:).

4. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It's hard for me not to vote based on my shipping ass taking over everything, but I tried. :lol:
    I gave it an 8. I am having second thoughts though and leaning closer to 9, but idk....

The good:

-MAGGIE RHEE. Yas. I love Maggie's strength through her pain. She is living for that baby and Glenn's memory because that is
    exactly what he would want for her. As Glenn told Enid last season:

"People you love... they made you who you are. They're still part of you. If you stop being you, that last bit of them that's still
    around inside, who you are... it's gone. "
    Maggie is going to keep being who she is and push on to keep Glenn's memory alive. Beautiful. :gabe:

-Richonne. I can't. They are beautiful and I love them. :gabe:

-Carnid. They were cute. Just enough lightness to remind us they are little more than kids, but their kiss was just enough to show that they are growing up. They were adorable. I kinda like Enid and never had a problem with her, so that obviously shapes how I feel
    about her being around Carl. I approve, so long as Momma and Daddy Grimes do.

-Simon. I f*cking love Simon. Ogg is amazing in this role and I can't wait til he graces my screen again. The perfect mix of sinister and charming with a side of crazy behind the eyes. He feels like he could be a complex character and I love it. I want some more.

-Switching between Hilltop and ASZ and Carnid. See, TPTB, was that so hard? You don't HAVE to do bottle episodes!

The not as great:

-Sorry, I thought the Sasha/Jesus walker invasion scene was cheesy. Was literally NO ONE else in the community awake to come
    help?? That loud ass music and NO ONE else is coming out to see wtf is going on??? That was weird.

-The dialog was better than usual, but still a little choppy at times.

-Pacing. It was slightly slow for me.

All and all, a SOLID episode.

#64 Appetence, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  5. Minty

Minty Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I loved everything about this episode. Seeing Maggie and Sasha again was wonderful! I thought it would be more depressing, but it gave me hope instead, seeing them bonding and starting to heal was really amazing. That last scene of them with Enid was specially heartwarming. Maggie Rhee is a fucking badass, she was great from beginning to end, I have so much respect for this woman and seeing her be a natural leader filled me with pride. Same can be said Sasha, she's doing her best to keep it together, she's been holding it on a lot better than she did last time and that shows how much she has grown and developed during her stay on the show, her trying to take care of Maggie, having to be held back so to not hit Gregory, she was just so great. The return of Jesus was amazing as well, he's such a kind hearted badass, loved how he trolled that asshole Gregory with the closet stuff. Enid and her loyalty and love for Glenn and Maggie made me tear up, this girl escaped Alexandria alone and went to Hilltop just to put balloons on Glenn's grave and take care of his wife, it's amazing how much impact they had in her life in such a short time. Carl was great too, I loved seeing him be a kid and smile again, I'm amazed by his courage though I don't approve of his plan, it's just to see him having screen time again. The kiss with Enid was adorable, I don't ship it, but it was really cute. Richonne SLAYED me, I watched that kiss so many times ASDFGHJKLÇASDFGHJKLÇ

All in all, great episode and I can't wait to see my baby Tara again. :hearts:

6. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 10.

Jesus, Sasha, and Maggie were GREAT. Loved his immediate empathy and connection with them. He supported them so much. And was willing to go on a mission for Sasha without question. He has now fully peeped Gregory. Jesus knew he was a mess, but now? I think he realizes some things are going to have to change soon.

I thought Enid and Carl were adorable, the kiss was cute. I thought the ending with her, Sasha and Maggie at the table was wonderful. Maggie realizing that their survival is a living memorial to Glenn and Abe. *TEARS*

RICHONNE. They both needed that.

Gregory and Simon were great villains.

It was the best episode so far.

7. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    An absolute perfect 10. Richonne and Carchonne at the beginning, Maggie and Sasha's grief and happiness, Jesus being so cute I could scream, Carnid being adorable, the table prayer and the watch too omg, and Xandogg on my screen? It was perfection. I loved it.

I've also gotta say I LOVED this director & writer team. You could feel the "womanly" influence in this episode, in particular the directing because it was so atmospheric and appropriate for literally every scene. I think that's why the Maggie and Sasha scenes were everything & then some.

8. myislandsugar

myislandsugar Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    10/10 - PERFECTION

I gave this episode a perfect score because after witnessing that soul-tasting Richonne kiss, I regained consciousness and the ending credits were already rollin'. :ripme:

I've tried to watch the whole thang, but I can't seem to hold it together pass that scene. Sorry not sorry.

9. FoxC

FoxC Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Fantastic episode!!!
    I mean the Richonne greatness is always my fave but I enjoyed the other stuff in the episode as well.

I actually teared up at the Maggie and Sasha interaction in the beginning. So much pain but I love that they are so supportive of each other.

I thought the Enid & Carl interaction was cute. I did side eye the roller skates because what if they encounter walkers but they are teens so it was nice to see them act like it for a bit. When they kissed a part of me wondered if Carl was watching Richonne kiss before Rick left. The forehead touch and the 'see you" seemed to parallel the richonne in the beginning.

Loved seeing Jesus again and even Gregory. Gregory is such a slimeball but I do enjoy watching him. Simon is a good bad guy. It was nice to be Negan free this episode.

I have to say I clapped when Maggie punched Gregory. She is a queen that is ascending to a role of leadership. When she said "Maggie Rhee" I teared up a little.

So overall I really loved the episode. It was a good mix of action and development and emotion. I wish they would multi handle settings like that in more episodes.

I'mStillWithYou likes this.
  10. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    i saw this on Facebook, is Sasha pregnant too ?
    [​IMG]

11. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    If she is, then that won't bode well for her since I don't see the show juggling three babies yet.

zahira likes this.
  12. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Agreed

13. I'mStillWithYou

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I think it may be how she's standing. The timeline with she and Abe hasn't been that long ago. Also, the timeline for Maggie's pregnancy is much further along and look how flat her stomach is. Seeing Maggie on Sunday made me question how far along the show has put her at?

C-Ben and zahira like this.
  14. Valerie

Valerie It must have been a good night...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave it a 9

I enjoyed this ep very much, I liked the Sasha-Jesus-Maggie dynamic.
    Carl and Enid were sweet
    Simon and Gregory, they're better than Negan.
    Richonne, need I say more? :hearts:

MrsG likes this.
  15. Minty

Minty Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I think she mentioned being around three months in The Same Boat. I could be wrong though.

I'mStillWithYou likes this.
  16. Bailey88

Bailey88 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    Not surprised about that. CH doesn't support Richonne. The fact that he didn't bring the kiss up proves their relationship is insignificant to him but he was all about Rick and Jessie. Another non factor so goodbye CH.

17. RichonneLvr218

RichonneLvr218 Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    I thought this was a really good episode, not great, but really good. I give it a strong seven.

What I loved...

I loved Richonne! That kiss was everything. It was sensual, yet sweet. Passionate and affectionate. It displayed love, caring, and dedication. Richonne are not on the same page where Negan and and the saviors are concerned, but Michonne made it clear she is still in Rick's corner, she's still his woman and he's still her man. I just love them!

I loved the Carchonne scene. I liked it in the preview, but I loved it more because the Richonne scene gave it better perspective. Carl is not at all happy with this choice Rick has made, he's steadfast in his unhappiness, and I think he believed Michonne would agree with him because she didn't go on the run. Michonne put this situation in perfect context: even if she think's Rick's decision is wrong, she doesn't know with any certainty. And that is the case for everyone in Alexandria, even Carl. But he's a teen, so the only opinion he can see and understand is his own.

Finally, I loved Sasha, Paul (can't call him that other name, it's reserved for my Lord) and Maggie. I was taken aback by the amazing chemistry between those two. There was an easiness and they seemed so comfortable with each other. I know Abe's not cold in the ground, but I l truly enjoyed Sasha and Paul and I look forward to more of them. I also loved Maggie and her smashing tractor. Sasha and Maggie at Hilltop makes that place a lot more interesting. Loved Paul finding Carl in the truck at the end, too. I look forward to the scenes between those two.

What I didn't like...

Three minutes of Richonne. Not good. We got quality minutes, but it just wasn't enough of them. I don't like Enid. I wanted to, but I just don't. So Carl getting his first taste of sugar didn't swell my heart like it might have if the girl he kissed was someone I liked. We got way too much of Enid. Also, I don't like that long scene with Gregory and Negan's guy. TPTB have to ease in with these new people, and having two new people sharing a scene --I wasn't invested. Make me care first. Gregory was in one episode prior to Sunday, and though Negan's man has had a few more episodes, he's not been in that many scenes. I think the writers need to rethink all these new people and situations. All these new characters all at once is a bit jarring.

#77 RichonneLvr218, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  18. GrimesGurl

GrimesGurl Spooning with Rick
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 7. I thought it was good. I loved the female bonding, Maggie Rhee! Jesus and Sasha....and of course, Michonne sending Rick off with that tender, loving kiss *sigh*. I am bummed that we haven't seen how the family got from the woods to Hilltop to Alexandria though. It's been a little weird going from the intensity of the premier to seeing them back at AZ and Hilltop just kinda moving on with the story line.

19. I'mStillWithYou

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is just a small continuity error I noticed in rewatch. Did anyone else notice Maggie's spoon change at end of episode. It's a black/silver ladle when she first starts to spoon the soup while Enid is there. It then switches to a wooden spoon and back to the black\ silver ladle when Sasha walks in. I dunno- just thought it was kind of funny.

20. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This review comes a little late, but oh well :lol:
    I'd give this one 8.5/10. Since there's no half in the poll, I'm giving it an 8. I think this was my favourite episode of this season so far.

- We finally got to see Maggie and Sasha after what happened in the premiere!
    - Maggie's strength is admirable to me. She kept going despite what she lost. I'm glad she didn't lose her baby. She needs this glimmer of hope now more than ever. Maggie Rhee moment was amazing. I think I'm starting to love her as much as I loved Season 2-3 Maggie :yay:
    - Sasha seems bent on revenge just like Rosita is. I wanna see where it goes. I loved watching her relationship with Maggie. I think they have beautiful chemistry on-screen. I also liked how she was pushing Jesus to act throughout the episode. And the beautiful tribute to Abe with the cigar in her mouth as she's sharpening the knie D:
    - JESUS! Fuck yes. I loved seeing his moves in action. Also he's such a nice guy. I really like how they started developing him in this episode and I hope they continue to do so.
    - Tractor action! :lol:
    - Gregory and Simon have a great chemistry on-screen. Both great actors and their scenes were joy to watch even if you want to punch them both so hard in the face (which I'm happy happened to Gregory by the hand of Maggie)
    - Carl/Enid scenes were sweet. The rollerskating was something I really didn't expect to see on TWD, but it was nice to see! It's easy to forget that even though they had to take on so many responsibilities at such a young age and saw some fucked up shit, they are still kids at core. It's nice they could forget about it for at least a moment. Carl also shared the first kiss which is so surreal when you remember how little Carl was at the beginning of the show
    - It was nice to see set-up for Rick, Michonne and Aaron going on their missions. I'm kinda glad that Michonne doesn't hold any grudge against Rick after episode 4 (which is evidenced by that kiss you're all going crazy about :lol: )
    - Ending scene! Yes! I'm so ready for Carl's arc. Also interested to see what Jesus does now that he encountered Carl in the back of the truck. Give me episode 7 now!!

My caveats are that the dialogue fell kinda flat at times and overall I feel like a few of the Hilltop scenes were repetitive to the point of me thinking "I've already seen this scene!". Characters were repeating the same thing in the couple of scenes. Fortunately the rest of the episode was solid, so I really enjoyed this one overall.

Atributetoorange likes this.